Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,642 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre (745 Views)

NNPC Says Fuel Queues Will Disappear By Weekend / No Plans To Increase Fuel Price - NNPC Says / NNPC Says Osinbajo Gave Approval For N640 Billion Contract;VP Office Keeps Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by JuliettaBitch(f): 11:55pm On Aug 07, 2016
– NUPENG boss explains reasons for increment by some marketers

– Says it will open door for more marketers to commence importation of kerosene

Nigerians will now purchase kerosene from petrol stations at a newly-fixed rate according to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).
This information was made available by Alhaji Tokunbo Korodo, the south Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Saturday.

This is coming after the removal of fuel subsidy which ushered in the official N145/litre pump price for petrol and the NUPENG leader says it will encourage more importation of the product.
He said: “The NNPC has fixed N150 per litre as the new depot price of kerosene and has directed all its depots and private depot to comply with the directive.

“This did not include the transportation of the product or several levies and bank interests paid by marketers.
“Consequently, marketers will now add all these expenses to the depot price to arrive at N190, N200 or N220 depending on their locations.

“The advantage of this is that it will open door for more marketers to commence importation of kerosene just like petrol.”
Recently, the Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II revealed that the payment of fuel subsidy was an opportunity to enrich some people at the expense of the country.

Sanusi who served as governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria during the administration of Goodluck Jonathan revealed that the whole fuel subsidy payment was a scam as it was presented to favour the poor when actually it was enriching some people.

The Punch reports that the emir said this while delivering a lecture on the Deregulation of the Downstream Oil Sector and Nigeria’s Economic Development at the National Defence College in Abuja on Wednesday, August 3.
Sanusi said the country was losing 20 million US dollars for every 30,000 metric tons of kerosene imported into the country.

https://www.naij.com/919035-nnpc-fixes-new-price-sale-kerosene-warns-petrol-stations.html

Lalasticlala Mydn44

Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by JuliettaBitch(f): 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
The Change is finally here, frm N50 to N150

May it never be well with all those that voted for APC

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by Mendelistickmend(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2016
Mtcheeew....150 is Still costly..its in our country they gets it...let them make it 50 naira per litre cool
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by Jombojombo(m): 12:05am On Aug 08, 2016
The worst President ever ruleth is Buhari.., both as Military and Civilian, back-to-back!

GEJ gave us kerosone at N50/litre

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by excellencyabia1: 12:12am On Aug 08, 2016
This is still the same thing. Thank God we are seeing the change so you people should not border because if this one is good we will send you back but if not then you people will understand that one good turn deserves another
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by bkool7(m): 12:13am On Aug 08, 2016
JuliettaBitch:
The Change is finally here, frm N50 to N150

May it never be well with all those that voted for APC

Are you for real?
When it was N50 was it sold at N50?
Now that the subsidy has been removed you now want to buy it at N50.
You no try at all

I voted APC but I won't return ur curse simply cause I'm civil and also a Christian

1 Like

Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by Zonacom(m): 12:40am On Aug 08, 2016
Even Kerosene is gradually escaping the grasp of the poor. How did we get here chai
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by adconline(m): 12:47am On Aug 08, 2016
For where? I paid N210 last week. Poor people are really a hefty price for this govt.
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 08, 2016
buhari has finally sent us back to the 60's the era of our grandparents

this time around na fire wood na hin sure pass
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by nnachukz(m): 1:06am On Aug 08, 2016
Everything is just increasing in price since this administration started. Even the voice that tells us to dial 1 to save a caller tune, now demands that we dial 11 for same purpose. That is a substantial increment of 10. What have we brought upon ourselves? Most times I feel happy with myself that my vote didn't contribute to this.
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by badaoyeyemi(f): 3:59am On Aug 08, 2016
Abeg make we just return to cooking with firewood...u just need a drop of kerosene,..... lipsrsealed

Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by keally: 4:44am On Aug 08, 2016
bkool7:

Are you for real?
When it was N50 was it sold at N50?
Now that the subsidy has been removed you now want to buy it at N50.
You no try at all

I voted APC but I won't return ur curse simply cause I'm civil and also a Christian
. It was sold at N50 only that the queue was always very long. Then oil price was higher internationally, but now with lower price of crude, the price should be lower even with subsidy removal. As you claimed to be a christian, instead of being obstinate, you need to repent from the foolishness of voting an Islamic party into power as it is now evidently clear what their agenda is. May God have mercy on you as you do this IJN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by Mynd44: 4:47am On Aug 08, 2016
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by bkool7(m): 8:42am On Aug 08, 2016
keally:
. It was sold at N50 only that the queue was always very long. Then oil price was higher internationally, but now with lower price of crude, the price should be lower even with subsidy removal. As you claimed to be a christian, instead of being obstinate, you need to repent from the foolishness of voting an Islamic party into power as it is now evidently clear what their agenda is. May God have mercy on you as you do this IJN.
Typical of you ppl, when you lack the facts to buttress your lies you become vehemently insultive.
I don't know the length of the success of the N50 regime, but as you can see below, it was flagged off now not practice.

Now, these are timelines

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/ipman-flags-kero-direct-n50-per-litre/

FEW DAYS LATER...

newtelegraphonline.com/nnpc-why-kerosene-is-sold-at-more-than-n50/

AND...

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/175215-nigerian-govt-re-launches-failed-scheme-enforce-n50-kerosene-price.html

THEN...

The Minister of Petroleum was even implicated in the kerosene scam.
Mind you, this is about the sale of kerosene, not about the clueless direction of the present regime.
www.premiumtimesng.com/business/4762-alison-madueke_indicted_over_illegal_subsidy_payment_on_kerosine.html

I lost faith in the federal pdp 8 years b4 2015 and I'm willing to give this govt the benefit of doubt.
I think you should start service God wholeheartedly too cause nothing happens without His consent
Re: NNPC Says Nigerians Should Now Buy Kerosene For N150/litre by richidinho(m): 9:44am On Aug 08, 2016
bkool7:

Typical of you ppl, when you lack the facts to buttress your lies you become vehemently insultive.
I don't know the length of the success of the N50 regime, but as you can see below, it was flagged off now not practice.

Now, these are timelines

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/ipman-flags-kero-direct-n50-per-litre/

FEW DAYS LATER...

newtelegraphonline.com/nnpc-why-kerosene-is-sold-at-more-than-n50/

AND...

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/175215-nigerian-govt-re-launches-failed-scheme-enforce-n50-kerosene-price.html

THEN...

The Minister of Petroleum was even implicated in the kerosene scam.
Mind you, this is about the sale of kerosene, not about the clueless direction of the present regime.
www.premiumtimesng.com/business/4762-alison-madueke_indicted_over_illegal_subsidy_payment_on_kerosine.html

I lost faith in the federal pdp 8 years b4 2015 and I'm willing to give this govt the benefit of doubt.
I think you should start service God wholeheartedly too cause nothing happens without His consent

I never see where kerosene was sold for N150 in the timelines

(1) (Reply)

Pakistan To Train Nigeria Police Officers On Counter-terrorism / Fani Kayode Talks On Biafra & Buhari’s Attempt To Divide Nigeria / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.