Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) (7861 Views)

Bukola Saraki Reacts After Argentina Beat Nigeria 2 - 1 / Basketball: D'tigers Of Nigeria Beat Croatia (90-76) At RIO 2016 Olympics / Nigeria's D'tigers Defeats China 74-64 In Stankovic Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by ManTiger(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
Lahotte:
United States Of Nigeria D'Tigers, na only 60 something points una sabi get,una no dey cross that border?...same thing against United States Of America for friendly.

*modified*
Hmmm...
Hmmm...
So na like diz FTC dey...
No wahala.
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by Lahotte(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
ManTiger:
Eh ehn,I said 60 something wasn't sure abt d exact point...thanks anyway

1 Like

Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:30pm On Aug 08, 2016
Afam4eva:

Who are the two best Nigerian basketballers if i may ask? Were they not there when the US team spanked beyond recognition us some years back?

Al Farouk and Ezeli.

Forget what happened 4yrs ago. This team was looking good, just last year we were crowned African champs for the first time ever. If we had vigorously built on it who says we cant dream of making the Semis and if lucky cling bronze. Poor preparation together with losing our stars have definitely quashed whatever dream we were having.
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by Afam4eva(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Al Farouk and Ezeli.

Forget what happened 4yrs ago. This team was looking good, just last year we were crowned African champs for the first time ever. If we had vigorously built on it who says we cant dream of making the Semis and if lucky cling bronze. Poor preparation together with losing our stars have definitely quashed whatever dream we were having.
What makes these two the best Nigerian baslketballers? I thought Diogu had the title owing to his achievement for Nigeria.
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by jstbeinhonest(m): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
Afam4eva:

What makes these two the best Nigerian baslketballers? I thought Diogu had the title owing to his achievement for Nigeria.

I guess i meant to say two of the best players. Guys like Umeh and Diogu are obviously more important in the team than ezeli. On current form however, i'll pick Al farouk over Ike, Ike is probably more important cos he is the captain but Al farouk is currently the best in that team.
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by Ola64(m): 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2016
teewai3:
Okay, I wish them good luck

That's it
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by bakynes(m): 1:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
I watched it arnd 2am. The sole reason why they won was because most of Nigeria's 3 points attempts failed and Argentina got most of their 3 points in basket

1 Like

Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by Jacko1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
But i thought most of our guys play in the usa

Do they just forget their training wen olympic start

And wher dat useless victor oladipo

You knw you can never make usa team

Instead of you to experience olympics and play for nigeria

Imagine if we had victor oladipo and jahlil okafor in our ranks

Der are many ppl born in usa representing theor parents country

One belarus gal did so..... But nigeria fowl

See all the nigerians running for gb
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by gibzzhd: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2016
ibroh22:
This year Olympic is a disaster from the beginning,from wrong national anthem to opening ceremony track suit to Solomon dalung's united state of Nigeria.....chai!! buhari gan slf
And it took the failure called buhari 6 months to appoint all his dullard ministers.just shameful.I'm glad we all alive to witness this fruad called APC
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by Slimflame(m): 2:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
Who be d'tigers are they in Bomb sports
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by purplekayc(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
Argentina is one of the best basketball nations
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by successinlife: 3:50pm On Aug 08, 2016
I really want to be silent but the reproach of our naija brithers and sisters comment would not permit my silence.I don't know peoples standard of judging Ngeria basketball team in this olympics.Nigeria is not even among the best three basketball nations in Africa,we just won Afrobasket for the first time in 2015.Nigeria is fast improving but there is no how we will catch up with Argentina for now,guys Argentina is a powerhouse in world basketball.Nigeria should just continue to build on our achievements.Use google and wikipedia at least to have an idea of a team or sport becore we start castigating this proud son's of Nigeria.

Nigeria lost because of three reasons.

1. Chamberlin Oguchi had a terrible game,this is my first time watching Oguchi not putting in at least 7 three points shots.

2.We lost Shane lawal earlier in the game,apart from his upfront efforts he is also good at the rear.

3. Low confidence killed the team,they allow fear to dictate their games when it shows that nothing is working out for the team,I will not blame these guys,a team is different from selections,nigeria have selected players that did not play together to get team chemistry,basketball has to do more with team work.

I wish in years to come things will shape up good,remember we were not even known in african basketball 8 years ago,our exploits starts to attract attention from 2011/2012 during fiba olympic qualifier for london olympics.We have moved up the ladder in the last 6 years,we should encourage the teams not castigate them.The future of Nigeria basketball is bright.
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by deebrain(m): 4:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
Feranchek:
Seriously 94-66?!!!! That's such a shameful defeat!! iHope they bounce back in great style in their next games.

This type of shameful defeat does not heal except by prayer and fasting.
Re: RIO Basketball: Argentina Beat Nigeria's D'tigers (94-66) by Slimflame(m): 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
successinlife:
I really want to be silent but the reproach of our naija brithers and sisters comment would not permit my silence.I don't know peoples standard of judging Ngeria basketball team in this olympics.Nigeria is not even among the best three basketball nations in Africa,we just won Afrobasket for the first time in 2015.Nigeria is fast improving but there is no how we will catch up with Argentina for now,guys Argentina is a powerhouse in world basketball.Nigeria should just continue to build on our achievements.Use google and wikipedia at least to have an idea of a team or sport becore we start castigating this proud son's of Nigeria.

Nigeria lost because of three reasons.

1. Chamberlin Oguchi had a terrible game,this is my first time watching Oguchi not putting in at least 7 three points shots.

2.We lost Shane lawal earlier in the game,apart from his upfront efforts he is also good at the rear.

3. Low confidence killed the team,they allow fear to dictate their games when it shows that nothing is working out for the team,I will not blame these guys,a team is different from selections,nigeria have selected players that did not play together to get team chemistry,basketball has to do more with team work.

I wish in years to come things will shape up good,remember we were not even known in african basketball 8 years ago,our exploits starts to attract attention from 2011/2012 during fiba olympic qualifier for london olympics.We have moved up the ladder in the last 6 years,we should encourage the teams not castigate them.The future of Nigeria basketball is bright.
naso

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Air Sponsors Heartland FC Of Imo State / Keshi: I ’m Still Waiting For NFF Offer / Uk Pool Week 24 Live Draws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.