Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord (1769 Views)

Buried Gun Of A Biafran Warlord Exhumed During Excavation / Igbo Warlord, Achuzia Reveals Origin Of 'Biafra'. / Pulling Out Ceremony Of Joseph Mbu, Retired AIG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord by njoku10(m): 10:06am On Aug 08, 2016
JOSEPH ACHUZIA OR JOE 'HANNIBAL"
ACHUZIA AND THE NIGERIAN-BIAFRA
N WAR:
He was not even a commissioned
officer before the war started. Joe is
an Igbo man from Asaba and he
fought on the Biafran side.
He came back from London, UK
where he lived to fight this battle.
He became a Major in the Biafran
army. He is still alive aged 87 years
old and currently lives in Anambra
state.
Joe made sure that the Nigerian side
lost more soldiers than the Biafran
side. Joe was so deadly he killed
nearly 300,000 Nigerian soldiers
(though Nigeria has classified this
information).
Joe was loyal to Biafra till the end.
He never rejoined the Nigerian Army
like many others did.
Joe was so devastating to the
Nigerian Army that he was
nicknamed THE HANNIBAL. Hannibal
was a Carthaginian general who
killed many Roman soldiers
(sometimes ate their flesh) during
the 2nd Punic war in the 3rd
century BC.
These were some of his engagements
-
1. Biafran 11th Battalion
2. Biafran S Division
3. Battles/wars - Nigerian Civil War
4. First Invasion of Onitsha
5. Second Invasion of Onitsha
6. Invasion of Port Harcourt
7. Operation OAU
8. Siege of Owerri
9. Operation Tail-Wind
See the picture attached (Joe with
his British wife and son).
MCO

Re: The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord by calaway: 10:36am On Aug 08, 2016
The Ikemba of Asaba will be mentioned and revered long after he is no longer with the living..

Salute to a living legend...

1 Like

Re: The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord by njoku10(m): 11:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
great igbo son
Re: The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord by tomakint: 12:20am On Aug 09, 2016
I doff my cap for this great war veteran whom I was told was never a trained soldier but just an engineer, I mean civilian engineer yet commandeered one of the hottest spots in the Nigerian-Biafran War of 1967-1970 against a heavily armed and a more superior side as the Nigerian Troops. Respect Grandpa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord by chriskosherbal(m): 12:23am On Aug 09, 2016
I salute you.
Re: The Life of Joseph Achuzia the biafran warlord by mightyhaze: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2016
Air raid himself!

My uncle who fought along with him at the abagana and uzuakoli sectors describes the man as an enigma! Sombody who was a mere engineer in ph b4 the war,but achieved great feats in the biafran army due 2 his rugged personality and resourcefulness!

At the abagana sector where a motorised column of brigade strength wwas reduced 2 rubbles by the brilliant achuzia and his men was a kind of rude shocker 2 d federal side,...dat was after murtala's division was almost entirely wiped out by same achuzia wen they attempted crossing over to onitsha across the niger!
At uzuakoli where IBB lost most of his men and almost lost his own life 2 achuzia's rugged forces was another pointer 2 the resourcefulness of the great 'hannibal'!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

SE Governors Vs SW Governors Who Execute More Projects / Edo Is Peaceful....she Voted For The PDP. / Photo News:ondo APC Campaign Rally; So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.