Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista (914 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 23, 2009
I have bin at it all day,each process is failing.The vista edition came with the laptop but i intend changing it to xp,but when booting xp cd its one error or the other.First it complain i had an hardware not compatible with d xtem,i removed my attachale blootooth,still the same persist,secondly a message said i should disable BIOS and caching.I did so,still the same.Still xp won,t boot.What can i do?
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Rosabelle(f): 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2009
I had the same problem. My computer came with vista in german and I wanted to change the OS to xp in english. The message I got was you cant down-grade vista. You can only install or update from vista to vista it seems.
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by deji2009(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2009
I have bin at it all day,each process is failing.The vista edition came with the laptop but i intend changing it to xp,but when booting xp cd its one error or the other.First it complain i had an hardware not compatible with d xtem,i removed my attachale blootooth,still the same persist,secondly a message said i should disable BIOS and caching.I did so,still the same.Still xp won,t boot.What can i do
?

should give you error similiar to 0000XC00000234E
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Emma4dfuture(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
When you power on your laptop,just before it shows the Windows logo,press f2 (setup).When the setup page appears,slot in the cd.I think that should do.
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Emma4dfuture(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2009
When you power on your laptop,just before it shows the Windows logo,press f2 (setup).When the setup page appears,slot in the cd.I think that should do.
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Emma4dfuture(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2009
2.Download Windows Xp Operating System (cnet.com;softpedia.com) to an external storage device e.g., USB flash or copy from cd to flash on an Xp operated computer.Repeat step 1 with the exception of the cd.Instead,plug in the USB flash.
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Emma4dfuture(m): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2009
Vista seems more frienly with external storage deuices:They relate better than Vista-Cd activities.Therefore,use original installation cds,though they cost much.You can get them at Numetro, Silverbird Galleria.Peace
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by 4llerbe(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2009
dude check in your bios if your hard drive is sata, if it is check if u can disable it, if u can all good, if u cannot, then u have to start looking for sata enabled xp, sp 3 if am correct or u have to do it yourself with sata drivers and nlite.

if u pass the above requirements, right click ur hard drive in vista, use the tool there to shrink your vista install and then create a new partition. this depends on wherther u still want to be using the vista or not. as per sizes and all that,

then download a software called EASY BCD. check google for it its free. put it on external mediacos u gonna have to install it in the xp.

install the xp in the new partition. after u are thru, the vista bootloader will be messed up and u mwont even see the partition that has the vista. now install the easybcd in the xp and use it to repair the vista bootloader so u can dualboot both os, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

when u download the easybcd read or copy the instructions too o, but really its sooo easy to use. just in case sha,
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by 4llerbe(m): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2009
Lol. Thanx but really ehn e get sometimes dt all dis our nland 'gurus' dey vex me. And a tutorial is supposed 2 be easy so dt d person learning will have d confidence 2 try it and i thot d guy needed minimal directions since he was savvy enuf 2 try installin a os. Pc's r jst tools n dnt bite.

Then d folks dt tell pple 2 copy xp, hw come u dnt knw dt its an iso image? Jst cos u put in d cd and see files in it doesnt mean its an everyday data cd!!! Dts d point to d iso. Its an image dts bootable! If u want 2 get an os u need 2 copy d disc image as an iso not as just data copy!! And u need software 4 dt lyk nero or iso recorder etc. U den copy dt iso into d flash,
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Emma4dfuture(m): 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ok I get d message.I no try?At least, I'm a Computer Engineer in d making,and I can't say I know all.I'm welcome from anyone.
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Horlufemi(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2009
why do you need xp when there is seven shocked.

call Horlufemi solutions, 07066300542 and get it for a small fee. You can be the envy of your friends.
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by 4llerbe(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ok o! I guess if u hav more than 1 pc n ur adventurous u can go 4 seven BUT NOTE THAT UR GOING TO BE MICROSOFT'S GUINEA PIGS AS USUAL TILL U GET TO SERVICE PACK 2 AS USUAL!

And if i were u i'd wait till ending oct. All dis blokes r sellin wat is essentially d R.C as rtm and if d vista experience was a pointer, d only 1 worth using will be d ultimate version.
D 1 out now is d basic version.

Moreover sef d thing is just a vista clone or rather love-vendor!!!
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Horlufemi(m): 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2009
o ye of little faith

may i ask what the build of the RC is and that of the final version

RC is build 7100

RTM is 7600 the final version

if you are a legit technet subscriber like me you'll be given the RTM version even before it comes out. make your research before you talk

anyone interested should call Horlufemi Solutions 07066300542, 08052370848

I tell you vista is a mistake (adam) seven is the remedy (Jesus).

I've been enjoying this version for 2months now

just wanted to share for a few bucks
see the screenshot
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-329394.0.html#msg4625767

be the envy of your friends have the taste before it ever came out

windows 7 is the future
peace out
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by 4llerbe(m): 2:19am On Sep 30, 2009
yeah right, whatever, mr marketer, am not trying to spoil your biz o!!!!!! maga must pay naw abi grin grin grin grin grin grin
you are rendering a necessary service, replacing the chains of brass with golden ones, grin grin grin grin grin grin

screw microsoft, if i have to use them which i do, it has to be xp! make una dey joli with una seven, i remember a few years back when it was vista, this blog was singing vista to the high heavens, tseew
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by olafusimic(m): 9:39am On Sep 30, 2009
@4llerbe I kinda of like your humour, but really I think Windows 7 is far better than Vista. It comes with so much drivers that you might not need to install any for your laptop (like me for my Sony Vaio VGN-NR220E), it boots crazy fast and shuts down crazy fast too, even the hibernate is fast also. It does not asks those annoying vista questions, it is optimized for laptops and extends your laptop battery working hours (turned my 3 hrs batt time to 3:45 hrs). Most appealing of all to me, it is faster than vista (though not as fast as XP), has many wonderful cool features and works wonders with data transfer speed of more than 2MB/s on adhoc/peer-to-peer networking.
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by udux2010: 8:27pm On Sep 30, 2009
ok just simple use xpservice pack 2 to format it and it will be don[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by 4llerbe(m): 4:29am On Oct 01, 2009
i did'nt know service pack 2 had SATA drivers!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
LWKMD
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by skydancer: 2:07am On Oct 02, 2009
This case has been troubling so many people for no good reason. Just as 4llerbe said. XP can only read from IDE. There are two solutions to this:
To use a modified boot cd which loads the SATA drivers.(or use a floppy loader which you can hardly get). Writing drivers is complex programming, but It's not really that hard to do. Just use google and check up if someone has already done the job for you.
or U can change your hard disk slot and replace it with an IDE Type, then get a bios flashing utility and reconfigure it (This works best in dell and HP and can be very dangerous coz you can end up damaging your motherboard)
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2009
Hmm, una all try,I alreay formated d laptop with d idea 4llebre or so gave.Changing from SATA mode.It worked,he only made it complex.Thanks sha.
Everybody is taking his/her own opportunity @ everbodies prob in naireland.i have this prob? D next reply call me on, or mail me on, ,they will make it look like free,but when u make a contact. Heeeen my guy i go help u,just appreciate me with something.Na waoooooooo
Re: Pls How Can I Install Xp On Vista by routik(m): 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2009
dude check in your bios if your hard drive is sata, if it is check if u can disable it, if u can all good, if u cannot, then u have to start looking for sata enabled xp, sp 3 if am correct or u have to do it yourself with sata drivers and nlite.

if u pass the above requirements, right click your hard drive in vista, use the tool there to shrink your vista install and then create a new partition. this depends on wherther u still want to be using the vista or not. as per sizes and all that,

then download a software called EASY BCD.  check google for it its free. put it on external mediacos u gonna have to install it in the xp.

install the xp in the new partition. after u are thru, the vista bootloader will be messed up and u mwont even see the partition that has the vista. now install the easybcd in the xp and use it to repair the vista bootloader so u can dualboot both os,  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

when u download the easybcd read or copy the instructions too o, but really its sooo easy to use. just in case sha,

@ poster what are you waiting for ? he said it all, thats the easiest way for. i use it and it works. either you disable the sata from bios or you burn another xp with the sata files included when burning it N/B with "nlite" .
cheers

(1) (Reply)

Cpanel Vps Optimiser V3 File Manager Problems / How Poverty Is Affecting Technological Advancement In Nigeria / Sandisk Formatting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.