Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (56256 Views)

How African Countries Performed At Rio 2016 Olympics / Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by SaffronSpice: 11:19pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by holluphemydavid(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Patriotic Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by 1miccza: 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
MENZPRIDE:
How I wish it was the Olympic Budget that was PADDED, I'm not sure many people will be complaining...
Many of our athletes have been sacrificing and are still willing to sacrifice, only a little pat on the back is all they desire.
But in Nigeria, it is easier to approve a budget for a 'ghost' constituency project than for a Sports project.
May God Save Our Country!

Amen and God bless the Op for bringing this up

2 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
NCAN member here to verify names and once more prove the Afonjas as the most bigoted tribe in Nigeria. undecided
They have suddenly gone into hiding! If it's for a bad thing you will see them masturbating all over the thread!
Shameless bigots! angry

#proudly5%
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by bkool7(m): 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
If Buhari knows what he's doing, He should
just sack that minister after the Olympics.

We have people like Segun Odegbami and Aruna Quadri. This is Aruna Quadri's 7th Olympic.

Someone like Aruna ought to have lead our Olympic team. BUT that minister chose Mikkel - a first timer.

We need someone that lives and breathes sport, not a politician

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by dungas30(m): 11:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
HIPROFILE:
I have never been interested in the Olympics since it started because of the drama around team Nigeria. But this morning I was in tears without minding people's presence in my office when i came across this write-up from uncle Onyebuchi Ememanka on Chierika Ukogu,an American born Nigerian girl of 23 years of age.
She is a student of Stanford University and is currently representing Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in a sports called Rowing.
This young woman practically sponsored herself to the games. She had to put her school program on hold and found a way to train with the US Olympic team and qualified for the games without any support from home. No one cared about her. She used the GO FUND ME app to raise funds to enable her participate in this games.
She was not deterred by the challenges, neither did she abandon her country even when the country didn't care about her.
For her, all that mattered was to represent her country and wear the national colors.

She has just qualified for the quarter finals in her category.

Take a huge bow, Chierika.

You are an inspiration.
Whether you win a medal or not, you have won the hearts of millions of Nigerians and that's more precious that's an Olympic gold medal.

I hope that daft beret wearing Minister will understand the true meaning of this girl's sacrifice and at least go and watch her during the quarter finals tomorrow.

who is this idiot emeka
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by emitheo(m): 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
Laird:
Please I am Igbo with a Yoruba mum so I am being practical.
The foreign born athletes sportspeople representing Nigeria are doing it for THEIR PERSONAL CAREER EXPOSURE AND CV BOOST AND REPUTATION and not because of a failed state called Nigeria and not because of any patriotism. It is all personal interest which is not evil..
Nigeria's failed sports ministry and government leaves indigenes(home born and based Nigerians unable to participate in International Competitions because of lack of finance, lack of equipment and government support) and so foreign trained,supported by the facilities and amenities and benefits of sports programmes ( sports scholarships, sports equipment and infrastructure and government sports support) in the Developed world who did not make their Developed country competition team use their Nigerian Second CITIZENSHIP to compete in International Competitions for their PERSONAL SPORTS CV and CAREER PROFILE AND SPORTS COMPETITION EXPOSURE to be boosted. Not for any smelly Nigeria.

Its all personal reasons but not evil. Though sports administrators and governments might want to not release funds or divert or withhold sports budgets because Onyibo/Western born or based Nigerians sportpersons who live and make use of the Developed Worlds facilities and amenities will use Nigerians flag to compete and boost their personal CV and sports profile when their Western/Developed country does not pick them to compete in International events
u have been in this country too long so it's starting to mess with your brain...that's why u saying that

4 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by bkool7(m): 11:29pm On Aug 09, 2016
Trina0936:
NCAN member here to verify names and once more prove the Afonjas as the most bigoted tribe in Nigeria. undecided
They have suddenly gone into hiding! If it's for a bad thing you will see them masturbating all over the thread!
Shameless bigots! angry

#proudly5%

You just ruined a good story.

Don't bring your dirty politics of bigotry and hatred to the Sport section. Let it stay at the politics section.
See her... She's wearing the Nigerian color

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by dungas30(m): 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
bkool7:
If Buhari knows what he's doing, He should
just sack that minister after the Olympics.

We have people like Segun Odegbami and Aruna Quadri. This is Aruna Quadri's 7th Olympic.

Someone like Aruna ought to have lead our Olympic team. BUT that minister chose Mikkel - a first timer.

We need someone that lives and breathes sport, not a politician
who is this clueless camel come to talk of it are they not doing a paid monthly job? are they different from other civil servant?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Shym3xx: 11:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
chuxyfranklin:

And what made you think she chose Nigeria because she was rejected by the U.S?? May inferior complex no be your doom..Anyway, she just made it to the semifinals, while you're there inside your thatched roof hamlet making noise.

Monkey, you think she has a chance of displacing anyone on that strong US rowing team that won 8 gold medals at 2012 Olympics and 12 gold medals at the world championship, no? This is what happens when people's brain cells have been fried by hot sun in a dusty environment, while living in abject poverty, in a country where nothing works. grin

I'm not even knocking the chic cos she's living her dream and she's the source of her own inspiration, while showcasing black excellence in a white sport. But this has zilch to do with naij cos no sane person cares about that shytehole. That's the harsh reality...and she would've represented the US if she had chance to. However, the truth is that: she had no chance, hence she opted for naij. And she's living her dream.

Anyway, I've never lived in ya artificial country that's a shytehole and I don't live there. But good to know ya mum belched you out in inside a thatched roof hamlet. Sorry, life's harsh, monkey. Good to know you're still alive - growing up must have been harsh in ya village. grin

2 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by billyG(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
HIPROFILE:
I have never been interested in the Olympics since it started because of the drama around team Nigeria. But this morning I was in tears without minding people's presence in my office when i came across this write-up from uncle Onyebuchi Ememanka on Chierika Ukogu,an American born Nigerian girl of 23 years of age.
She is a student of Stanford University and is currently representing Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in a sports called Rowing.
This young woman practically sponsored herself to the games. She had to put her school program on hold and found a way to train with the US Olympic team and qualified for the games without any support from home. No one cared about her. She used the GO FUND ME app to raise funds to enable her participate in this games.
She was not deterred by the challenges, neither did she abandon her country even when the country didn't care about her.
For her, all that mattered was to represent her country and wear the national colors.

You are an inspiration.
Whether you win a medal or not, you have won the hearts of millions of Nigerians and that's more precious that's an Olympic gold medal.

I hope that daft beret wearing Minister will understand the true meaning of this girl's sacrifice and at least go and watch her during the quarter finals tomorrow.

STOP!Insulting yur Leaders,Think of what u can do 4 yur kun3 not what yur kun3 shld have done4 yu. angry angry angry
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Lescalier: 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
Dnt u guys know the Olympic budget was padded. That's why the ministry is having difficulties with the preparation for the Olympics.

Meanwhile kudos to the babe.

She came 5th in her quarter final heat, nt sure if she advanced to the semi final I watched the race life by 13:30 today.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by ibnchokomah(m): 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
She's in the semis already. Qualified today

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by bkool7(m): 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
emitheo:

u have been in this country too long so it's starting to mess with your brain...that's if why u saying that

He may be right.
Imagine the leverage she'll have in her sport now that she's an Olympian.
USA may not give that chance.
But here, we'll just tell her, "knock yourself out."
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by emmydsife(m): 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
IPOB, America branch, take note... grin cheesy

Litmus:
Congrats to her but less we should be too grateful, it is just as beneficial to many Nigerians like these born abroad to have Nigeria to fall back on as it is for Nigeria to have them. It was for instance a source of great strength for Christina Ehogru of Britain to have Nigeria as a fall back place should Britain show off too much. Through Nigeria, many Diaspora Nigerians get to fulfill dreams of participating in International competitions if the nation of their preferences - the foreign Nation - don't select them for whatever reason.

The onus on lessons to be learned should be on Nigerian diasporans not Nigeria. It says, if born abroad, do not disparage your ancestral Nation for it can serve as a source of strength.
IPOB, America branch, take note.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Delegate(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
She qualified for semi final earlier today has the first ever Nigerian to participate in rowing also making it to the semi final.. She ll be competing for a place in final tomorrow.. Good Luck she has already done a lot wishing her the best... Represent Nigeria and at the same time represent Yourself
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by hinohsend: 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
Trina0936:
Shameless bigots! angry

#proudly5%

And how are you any different?. Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by krissconnect(m): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
THIS IS A TOUCHING STORY:::A woman was walking down the vineyard on a sunny day,she saw a little girl standing lone in the garden,with curiousity,she went up to her and touched her,the girl seeing the woman as a stranger touched her back,the surprised woman touched her again,the girl touched back,the woman touched again,she touched back and as you're reading this,they're still touching each other, why? Because,this is a touching story...cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by bkool7(m): 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
dungas30:
who is this clueless camel come to talk of it are they not doing a paid monthly job? are they different from other civil servant?

Choose your words CORRECTLY and punctuate your sentence.
... Cause, as it is now, I don't know the reply to give the garbage you just spewed.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by KINGS100(m): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
i wish u success dear, u ar an inspiration to many.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
hinohsend:

And how are you any different?. Hypocrite.
Why is your conscience pricking you?? Afonja painment grin grin

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
krissconnect:
THIS IS A TOUCHING STORY:::A woman was walking down the vineyard on a sunny day,she saw a little girl standing lone in the garden,with curiousity,she went up to her and touched her,the girl seeing the woman as a stranger touched her back,the surprised woman touched her again,the girl touched back,the woman touched again,she touched back and as you're reading this,they're still touching each other, why? Because,this is a touching story...cheesy
Ok you are crazy oh!,I swear cheesy
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Harunakoney(m): 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
We call this original petrotism
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
bkool7:

You just ruined a good story.

Don't bring your dirty politics of bigotry and hatred to the Sport section. Let it stay at the politics section.
See her... She's wearing the Nigerian color
Really?? But I wasn't the first to mention name checkers so what's your problem? Or are you an Afonja?? Truth is bitter! E Pele oh tongue
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by krissconnect(m): 11:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
Trina0936:

Ok you are crazy oh!,I swear cheesy
Pls forgive my craziness cry I wnt crazy agen cry
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by oweman: 11:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
Fake story byh biafrats via iPod networking .
Shit !
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Deepfreezer(m): 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
Go girl.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by benji93: 11:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
HIPROFILE:

You are an inspiration.

Seyi rushes in to check her name, seyi rushes back home to get his spectacles, name not clear.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Deepfreezer(m): 11:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Delegate:
She qualified for semi final earlier today has the first ever Nigerian to participate in rowing also making it to the semi final.. She ll be competing for a place in final tomorrow.. Good Luck she has already done a lot wishing her the best... Represent Nigeria and at the same time represent Yourself
another good news, really?? God will surely give her gold. Ijn
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by marxwellerr247(m): 11:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Laird:
The foreign born athletes sportspeople representing Nigeria are doing it for THEIR PERSONAL CAREER EXPOSURE AND CV BOOST AND REPUTATION and not because of a failed state called Nigeria and not because of any patriotism. It is all personal interest which is not evil..
Nigeria's failed sports ministry and government leaves indigenes(home born and based Nigerians unable to participate in International Competitions because of lack of finance, lack of equipment and government support) and so foreign trained,supported by the facilities and amenities and benefits of sports programmes ( sports scholarships, sports equipment and infrastructure and government sports support) in the Developed world who did not make their Developed country competition team use their Nigerian Second CITIZENSHIP to compete in International Competitions for their PERSONAL SPORTS CV and CAREER PROFILE AND SPORTS COMPETITION EXPOSURE to be boosted. Not for any smelly Nigeria.

Its all personal reasons but not evil. Though sports administrators and governments might want to not release funds or divert or withhold sports budgets because Onyibo/Western born or based Nigerians sportpersons who live and make use of the Developed Worlds facilities and amenities will use Nigerians flag to compete and boost their personal CV and sports profile when their Western/Developed country does not pick them to compete in International events

Bad belle ppl ! !

pls show son appreciation and encouragement 4 d courage of this young Nigerian lady.

Not all these philosophy n logic wet u dey bring !

Chierika ! more powers 2 ur strenght ! !

God Dey ur side !

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by marxwellerr247(m): 12:01am On Aug 10, 2016
Laird:

Bad belle ppl ! !

pls show son appreciation and encouragement 4 d courage of this young Nigerian lady.

Not all these philosophy n logic wet u dey bring !

Chierika ! more powers 2 ur strenght ! !

God Dey ur side !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kylian Mbappe's Father Speaks About Corruption In Africa. / Iceland Players Support Carl Ikeme (Photo) / Alex Iwobi: Why I 'Humiliated' Hamari Traore For Having 'Bad Breath'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.