Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics (56501 Views)

How African Countries Performed At Rio 2016 Olympics / Efe Ajagba Knocks Nigel Paul Out In Round One in 23 Seconds At RIO Olympics / katsuyatakasu, A Japanese To Reward Nigerian Players At Rio Olympics (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by proeast(m): 8:20am On Aug 10, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
Chierika achieve your aim and dump the useless country. It's bleeped up country where the blind rules the one-eyed. A country where illiterate and pseudo-literate animals support the killing of your people because of political differences. Nothing good can ever come of the hell-hole called nigeria. IPOB have been pushing through the UN to have representative on Biafran colours, though I think they started the lobbying late.

In the subsequent olympics, there will be real patriots flying Biafra's flag just like we have palestines. The palestines. Thank God the hateful dogs and baboons are not in charge of olympics.
Absolute Fact, nothing more to add!!!!
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by JimiOgunlola: 8:39am On Aug 10, 2016
Kazzman:

@ JimiOgunlola I am very disappointed in you and the fact still remains that you are a Yoruba man like me. How on earth can you call this country a 'USELESS COUNTRY WHERE NOTHING GOOD CAN EVER COME FROM' instead of emulating someone who is making Nigeria proud you are bringing it down by making such an inciting statement. Please always try to make a good contribution and let your impact can be felt like Chierika Ukogu afterall she has justified her conscience ...

I didn't hear your voice against the killing of unarmed protesters. your nigeria kills people to become patriotic because of oil. When will you stop pretending you have a nation when what you have is just a 'geographical expression (apologies to Awo) on the atlas map wherein different warring tribes compete for who controls oil without a singular NATIONAL IDEOLOGY that builds TRUE NATIONS?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by mekuxiani(m): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2016
Leave that thing just appreciate the girls effort [color=#000099][/color]
Laird:
Please I am Igbo with a Yoruba mum so I am being practical.
The foreign born athletes sportspeople representing Nigeria are doing it for THEIR PERSONAL CAREER EXPOSURE AND CV BOOST AND REPUTATION and not because of a failed state called Nigeria and not because of any patriotism. It is all personal interest which is not evil..
Nigeria's failed sports ministry and government leaves indigenes(home born and based Nigerians unable to participate in International Competitions because of lack of finance, lack of equipment and government support) and so foreign trained,supported by the facilities and amenities and benefits of sports programmes ( sports scholarships, sports equipment and infrastructure and government sports support) in the Developed world who did not make their Developed country competition team use their Nigerian Second CITIZENSHIP to compete in International Competitions for their PERSONAL SPORTS CV and CAREER PROFILE AND SPORTS COMPETITION EXPOSURE to be boosted. Not for any smelly Nigeria.

Its all personal reasons but not evil. Though sports administrators and governments might want to not release funds or divert or withhold sports budgets because Onyibo/Western born or based Nigerians sportpersons who live and make use of the Developed Worlds facilities and amenities will use Nigerians flag to compete and boost their personal CV and sports profile when their Western/Developed country does not pick them to compete in International events
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by ogoplus: 8:55am On Aug 10, 2016
hymanflex:
where are the Name checkers association of nairaland
?

why don't you come here and check out the name involved here

keep it up ma'am

you're a star already, keep on shinning.

We came.....

Name was already revealed as part the thread's tittle.

Besides, name checking and tribal bigotry are two different things.

I pity NCAN members who confuse the act of Name Checking and Tribal Bashing.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Laird(m): 9:00am On Aug 10, 2016
Sunnycliff:

Thrash upon rubbish! Justifying FG indifference for sports in this administration

Please clearly read in between the lines and Clearly understand what I was writing. Let Me summarise and explain One more time for You

- Nigerian home sports is in a mess because of government, Sports Leaders, administrators withholding or diverting funds meant for sports and meant for sports athletes and sports facilities, equipment and infrastructure.

- Foreign based sports athletes with a second Nigerian Citizenship who were not picked by their foreign Country to compete in International Sports Competitions would then take ADVANTAGE of Nigeria"s failed home based sports system and use the opportunity To compete in the International Competition under Nigeria's flag because they have a Second Nigerian citizenship too and they want to BOOST their own SPORTS CV and Exposure AND CAREER PROFILE in their developed home Country ......not because they Love Nigeria

- IT IS A BAD SYSTEM AND THE GOVERNMENT LEADERS AND SPORTS ADMINISTRATORS CAN CONTINUE THEIR LACK.OF PROPER SUPPORT FOR SPORTS OR DIVERT MONEY MEANT FOR SPORTS BECAUSE ONYIBO/WESTERN BASED NIGERIANS WITH DOUBLE/2 CITIZENSHIPS WILL USE THEIR NIGERIA PASSPORT AND NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP TO COMPETE IN INTERNATIONAL EVENTS AND BOOST THEIR CV UNDER THE PRETENCE OF REPRESENTING NIGERIA WHEN THEIR ONYIBO/WESTERN COUNTRY DOES NOT SELECT THEM TO REPRESENT THEIR ORIGINAL WESTERN/DEVELOPED COUNTRY

FOR EXAMPLE AN ENGLISH FOOTBALLER BORN AND RAISED AND BASED IN ENGLAND AND TRAINED IN ENGLANDS SPORTS FACILITIES WITH FOREIGN COACHES IS NOT PICKED TO REPRESENT ENGLAND IN AN INTERNATIONAL SPORTS COMPETITION.
HE THEN REMEMBERS HE HAS A SECOND NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP AND PASSPORT EVEN IF HE HAS NEVER BEEN TO NIGERIA. HE CAN THEN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE POOR STATE AND CORRUPTION OF HOME BASED NIGERIAN SPORTS TO OFFER TO REPRESENT NIGERIA SINCE HOME BASED NIGERIAN SPORTSPEOPLE ARE LIMITED BY LACK OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT, LACK OF FACILITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE, LACK OF EQUIPMENT AND CORRUPTION, NEPOTISM AND MISMANAGEMENT OF SPORTS.
HE IS REPRESENTING NIGERIA BECAUSE HE WAS NOT CHANCED TO REPRESENT AND PARTICIPATE BY HIS ORIGINAL COUNTRY AND WANTS TO BOOST HIS SPORTS PROFILE, CAREER AND CV IN THE GLOBAL SPORTS WORLD...SO NIGERIA GIVES HIM THAT CHANCE....WHICH IS MORALLY WRONG BUT LEGAL SINCE HE HAS 2 CITIZENSHIPS AND CAN REPRESENT 2 COUNTRIES IN INTERNATIONAL SPORTS COMPETITION

SO READ AND UNDERSTAND CLEARLY AND I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND IF NOT ASK GOOLE TO TRANSLATE TO FRENCH OR SPANISH OR ARABIC OR CHINESE OR YOUR INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE....IAM DONE
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 10, 2016
bkool7:

What's the truth here?
That you're being tribalistic...can we just enjoy a good conversation without shouts of Afonja, even in sport section?
Please, let us enjoy sport - it's the only thing that unites us.
You don't expect me to start calling every simpleton out. I chose you for a reason
You chose me because you could not stand the truth! undecided
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by rhymaholic: 10:02am On Aug 10, 2016
The OP just went online and copied somebody's Facebook out without referencing and here it is on the front page.

In other news, I proud of her. Not just because she's a human being nor that she's a Nigerian nor that she's from my tribe nor that she's from my state Anambra. I'm proud of her because she's from my Local Government Nnewi-South.

I wish she gets to the final and she's among the top 3. It would be wonderful.

2 Likes

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 10, 2016
wao, I'm very sure God have seen her secret sacrifice thus decided to bring her up by unveiling her success publicly.
He that started the good work (God) would sure bring it to perfection.
All the best Ma.

1 Like

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by justjify(m): 11:46am On Aug 10, 2016
HIPROFILE:

Sorry next time i will do better but then i can see your signature..ooo grin grin seems ur nat living upto it though tongue
I don't mind my business when I see a brother heading for an impending danger/trouble.
I don't mind my business especially when it comes to lending a hand to one in need. By the way, your first 7words made some sense though. tongue
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Keenlooka(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
That's an ideal Nigerian right there! Am proud !
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by horlakunle25(m): 2:01pm On Aug 10, 2016
Austema:
Which one is GO FUND ME app again
is dat d only thing u see 4 d news?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by HIPROFILE(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
justjify:

I don't mind my business when I see a brother heading for an impending danger/trouble.
I don't mind my business especially when it comes to lending a hand to one in need. By the way, your first 7words made some sense though. tongue

That's how we roll...life is beautiful mannn.. Abeg ma need pass this posting of comments on NL... Abeg lend me some money...u know ur good at lending a hand to a brother in need. Thank you so much.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Laird(m): 3:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
AmakaAina:
Sharapova diamond! Who u epp!!! U dehydration here deh firm know it all... what have u done for your country? And while other are doing for whatever reason bike keep quiet and emulate or just shatap and hold ur peace... e concern u if she deh do am for her cv? At least she chose Naija for whatever reasons ... don't come and be forming "u too sabi" bike park well joor... ndi oshochi egbu! Bladdy namsense!

You don't have to be uncultured or rude, just because You have a different opinion or view or perspective does not mean You should blatantly expose Your uncouth, uncivilised, B.C, archaic,barbaric precaveman era manners of expressing difference in opinion, especially on a public internet forum with poor spelling and punctuation, expressing a diminished IQ publicly so get Your act and civil manners together and tighten the screws in your precolonial caveman's clay skull. I am done
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
HIPROFILE:
I have never been interested in the Olympics since it started because of the drama around team Nigeria. But this morning I was in tears without minding people's presence in my office when i came across this write-up from uncle Onyebuchi Ememanka on Chierika Ukogu,an American born Nigerian girl of 23 years of age.
She is a student of Stanford University and is currently representing Nigeria at the Rio Olympics in a sports called Rowing.
This young woman practically sponsored herself to the games. She had to put her school program on hold and found a way to train with the US Olympic team and qualified for the games without any support from home. No one cared about her. She used the GO FUND ME app to raise funds to enable her participate in this games.
She was not deterred by the challenges, neither did she abandon her country even when the country didn't care about her.
For her, all that mattered was to represent her country and wear the national colors.

She has just qualified for the quarter finals in her category.

Take a huge bow, Chierika.

You are an inspiration.
Whether you win a medal or not, you have won the hearts of millions of Nigerians and that's more precious that's an Olympic gold medal.

I hope that daft beret wearing Minister will understand the true meaning of this girl's sacrifice and at least go and watch her during the quarter finals tomorrow.

This story just made my day.How I wish our so called leaders will be so patriotic.
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Laird(m): 4:53pm On Aug 10, 2016
emitheo:

u have been in this country too long so it's starting to mess with your brain...that's why u saying that
because Y

You should learn to put Your brain cells in check because Your insultive ,sly, low faculty reply to my Personal Opinion which is about an American based athlete using Nigeria's poor sports state to execute her Personal dream does not warrant such insignificant, unpolished, mindless reactions from Your dead brain cells because i was not talking to You or about You so get Your head Examined...maybe go for a Brain CT scan citing my reasons listed in my write up if You can understand it. I am done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by HIPROFILE(m): 9:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
Interesting....tnx to all lovers of good thing! 801...108.

Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by justjify(m): 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
uquoteuthor=HIPROFILE post=48361562]

That's how we roll...life is beautiful mannn.. Abeg ma need pass this posting of comments on NL... Abeg lend me some money...u know ur good at lending a hand to a brother in need. Thank you so much.[/quote]
Your need come enter automatic mode sharply ?
Well I can direct you to a thread on NL where they give grants, not even loan.
Interest on my loan is high. wink
You dig?
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 11, 2016
tosyne2much:
Bros, I was dozing off when I made that comment ystdy cool
Isokay
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by HIPROFILE(m): 3:44am On Aug 11, 2016
justjify:
uquoteuthor=HIPROFILE post=48361562]

That's how we roll...life is beautiful mannn.. Abeg ma need pass this posting of comments on NL... Abeg lend me some money...u know ur good at lending a hand to a brother in need. Thank you so much.
Your need come enter automatic mode sharply ?
Well I can direct you to a thread on NL where they give grants, not even loan.
Interest on my loan is high. wink
You dig?

Yes....
Re: Chierika Ukogu Representing Nigeria At Rio 2016 Olympics by feminineA: 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2016
she's has qualified for finals

https://twitter.com/cukogu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi Mocked By Everton Teammates In Training / Isaac Success Arrested In UK Hotel After Sex Orgy With 4 Prostitutes / Jay Jay Okocha Shows His Skills In Kenya As Kenyans Watch In Admiration(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.