Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,651 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple (8846 Views)

Married Men Only-how Do You Cope Without Sex / How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? / I Am Not Satisfied With Food, Money Without Sex – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 11:47am On Aug 09, 2016
How long can you stay without sex?
My sis hubby is about to relocate abroad for studies. And he will be there for like two years? She is happy for her hubby but so worried over the distance. They are so closed that she is thinking of what happens to their sexual life. How are they going to cope when the urge comes? Is there anything that can help them take the urge away for the duration of two years?
If you have stayed away from your spouse for that long, how did u handle it?
Thanks
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by misspicy(f): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
thelish:
My hubby is about to relocate abroad for studies. And he will be there for like two years? i am happy for my hubby but so worried over the distance. we are so closed that I am thinking of what happens to our sexual life. How are we going to cope when the urge comes? Is there anything that can help us take the urge away for the duration of two years?
Thanks
Fixed,you are welcome grin

10 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=misspicy post=48329469] Fixed,you are welcome grin[/quote

So this is a contribution to u? Anyhow u see am, na u sabi. Thank u all d same.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by oluwafreshkid(m): 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2016
I hear cucumber is very good for situations like this. Not when eaten though. tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
Two words - Vaseline and Cucumber.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by misspicy(f): 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=thelish post=48329766][/quote]
So sorry embarassed
I was just having fun.

I think its better she discuss it with her hubby,2 years is a very long time,but their is nothing self control cannot achieve,constant communication and she can also go visiting at intervals.

Some people scaled through this,since its a step to greater heights,it shouldn't be too big a sacrifice for them to adjust to.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
misspicy:

So sorry embarassed
I was just having fun.

I think its better she discuss it with her hubby,2 years is a very long time,but their is nothing self control cannot achieve,constant communication and she can also go visiting at intervals.

Some people scaled through this,since its a step to greater heights,it shouldn't be too big a sacrifice for them to adjust to.

Thanks dearie.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
misspicy:

So sorry embarassed
I was just having fun.

Thanks dearie.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
I hear cucumber is very good for situations like this. Not when eaten though. tongue

hahahaha. What if it breaks inside?
besides, fruit n that thing ain't d same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by diva90: 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
They can stay without sex for as long as they makeup their mind to.. It's called self control

11 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
[quote author=VolT0xic post=48330688]Two words - Vaseline and Cucumber. [/quo
hahahaha. can these really be of help?
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Acidosis(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
They will both cheat on each other. There's no two way about it.

Cheating starts from LUST.

They should take it as a sacrifice for obtaining a degree oversea. I'm sure there are higher institutions around his location, but since separation would bring about a better degree, the consequences must be accepted.

17 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 09, 2016
What is he travelling out for degree when married in the first place?
2 years o's a long time to stay away biko. I no go fit allow hubby leave me for 6 month sef, I go carry my Ghana must go dey follow am reach airport embarassed embarassed cry cry
"Honey you are not going anywhere ooo, I no gree, " cry cry

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by oluwafreshkid(m): 2:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
thelish:

hahahaha. What if it breaks inside?
besides, fruit n that thing ain't d same.
Hmm

The end justifies the means na... what's the essence of the thing? Shebi it's to cum. grin
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by SirVintageCock: 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
You will cheat and he will cheat too. It is just a matter of time. You may be the first to cheat since you raised the concern first or maybe my guy knew he gonna cheat and see no reason to worry himself sick of what will eventually happen.
A night stand here and a chop and clean mouth there is okay, don't quote me to yarn dust cos we all know y'all gonna succumb after 4 months. Body no bi wood except if both of you are asexual. When you delve into masturbation as per the Vaseline crew's advice,well, it is addictive and makes sex itself seems unpleasant in the long run.

It's either he goes or he stay back and continue having regular sex...OR...he goes and both of you turn a blind eye and behave as if the two years never existed in the first place when he must have come back. Sweep everything under the rug and get on with your life. If you know what am saying.
Going on a visit just to have sex.....hiahiahia...wetin person no go hia for dis naija sef

7 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Dexema(m): 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
SirVintageCock:
You will cheat and he will cheat too. It is just a matter of time. You may be the first to cheat since you raised the concern first or maybe my guy knew he gonna cheat and see no reason to worry himself sick of what will eventually happen.
A night stand here and a chop and clean mouth there is okay, don't quote me to yarn dust cos we all know y'all gonna succumb after 4 months. Body no bi wood except if both of you are asexual. When you delve into masturbation as per the Vaseline crew's advice,well, it is addictive and makes sex itself seems unpleasant in the long run.

It's either he goes or he stay back and continue having regular sex...OR...he goes and both of you turn a blind eye and behave as if the two years never existed in the first place when he must have come back. Sweep everything under the rug and get on with your life. If you know what am saying.
Going on a visit just to have sex.....hiahiahia...wetin person no go hia for dis naija sef
Your last statement is funny but in truth you need to see the distance people travel just to see their bae (i.e have se.x) all na sacrifice.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by crackhaus: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
The man is about leaving and sex is the most important thing someone is bothered about.

It's clear that one of two things will happen over the coming months:
1. Someone will become a chronic masturbator.

2. Someone will succumb to her sexual hunger and have a fling, then regret it and call it a mistake...then, might end up doing it again based on Okafor's Law.

12 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by deolurexy1(m): 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
No way
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Kaira333: 6:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
What are u guys typing sef? I mean people dat said both of them will cheat, For what kwanu? Unless d love is not there. I can't cheat on my hubby as long as he is alive and we both are communicating.

3 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
LynnPetra:
What is he travelling out for degree when married in the first place?
2 years o's a long time to stay away biko. I no go fit allow hubby leave me for 6 month sef, I go carry my Ghana must go dey follow am reach airport embarassed embarassed cry cry
"Honey you are not going anywhere ooo, I no gree, " cry cry

Funny u.
He is not traveling for a degree though. he has that already.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
Kaira333:
What are u guys typing sef? I mean people dat said both of them will cheat, For what kwanu? Unless d love is not there. I can't cheat on my hubby as long as he is alive and we both are communicating.

Thank u jare.
U saw it from my point of view really. Its not as if two yrs is a long time, but love, commitment , communication n trust should keep them going.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
thelish:

Funny u.
He is not traveling for a degree though. he has that already.

Okay. But it's gonna be tough though.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by farous(m): 10:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hear me loud and clear "Two of you MUST cheat".write it down,especially if any or both of you have high libido and two things: its either it break the marriage or two of you ignore what happened and still get re united.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by aydelicious: 11:45am On Aug 31, 2016
hmmm
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by cocolacec(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
thelish:
My sis hubby is about to relocate abroad for studies. And he will be there for like two years? She is happy for her hubby but so worried over the distance. They are so closed that she is thinking of what happens to their sexual life. How are they going to cope when the urge comes? Is there anything that can help them take the urge away for the duration of two years?
Thanks

If the husband is travelling abroad for studies he can apply jointly to take his wife with him or apply for the wife visa later on ,she will surely be granted a visa.

The problem with Nigerians is lack of information.I remembered when was wife came to scandinavia to study she wasnt aware of that fact until she saw other student resuming with their spouses at hostel accomodation.The only challenge they will have is children are not allowed in hostel accomodation.May i know which country the husband will be studying.?

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 10:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
cocolacec:

If the husband is travelling abroad for studies he can apply jointly to take his wife with him or apply for the wife visa later on ,she will surely be granted a visa.

The problem with Nigerians is lack of information.I remembered when was wife came to scandinavia to study she wasnt aware of that fact until she saw other student resuming with their spouses at hostel accomodation.The only challenge they will have is children are not allowed in hostel accomodation.May i know which country the husband will be studying.?

Thank u for the info.
He will be travelling to Germany. They have three kids already.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by cocolacec(m): 3:55am On Sep 01, 2016
thelish:

Thank u for the info.
He will be travelling to Germany. They have three kids already.

Since kids are involved,its better he arrives in Germany first and later apply for his family to join him in Germany depending on the family purse.
I spoke with a lady earlier this year ,who came for her Phd programme from Egypt to study in denmark ,she got her residence permit for her husband and 2 children before she left her country.
The most important thing is proof of financial means to support the family in Germany.

In Sweden it goes
The maintenance requirement for the whole time you are in Sweden is SEK 3,500 (£366) per month for adults and SEK 2,100 (£219)per month for each child.
For 2years (wife)= 24 months X 366=£8784
3 children = 24MonthsX 657=£15,768
Total = £24,552

Germany might require less in bank statement

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Infoservice/FAQ/Studium/09-Familiennachzug%20Studenten.html?nn=480902

Family Reunion (German embassy Nigeria) Required Documents
http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4051286/Daten/6755309/Checklist_Ehegattennachzug_en.pdf

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 01, 2016
crackhaus:
The man is about leaving and sex is the most important thing someone is bothered about.

It's clear that one of two things will happen over the coming months:
1. Someone will become a chronic masturbator.

2. Someone will succumb to her sexual hunger and have a fling, then regret it and call it a mistake...then, might end up doing it again based on Okafor's Law.

Both of your assertion will sure happen to the lady no need hiding our head beneath the sand. My only concern will be the emotional roller coaster the lady will have to battle with. Hubby being away for that long and a shag buddy feeling in the gap, the lady is bound to catch feeling (sic) because for women, great s£x & emotional connection are like 5&6.

The bigger problem of such exercise will be by the time hubby comes back, she may no longer be emotionally available for the man. Chance are she may still continue the affair but this time in secrete.

So what's the solution?

There is no solution sorry about that. I only hope the lady will have enough will to discontinue when hubby comes back and they cutting that 2 years period off the chain of their life as a couple.

Both parties will cheat. ()End Of

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Jahblessme: 9:28am On Sep 01, 2016
2 weeks if excessively busy ie if you mean sex with my spouse.I have never had to stay orga smless when my spouse is not there as there are toys.
For this situation the sad truth is that infidelity MUST occur (emotional,physical) unless the person has Holy Spirit perching on his shoulder.He will mix up with classmates,he will go out for drinks and lunch,he will make friends,he will have s ex.No amount of wan king will help.
The wife may be able to hold off as she has 3 kids which is enough stress but for how long?Is he going to be coming back 2-3 monthly?Is she going to be visiting often?The truth is that the two must just accept that the next two years will have kleg but in the end they will continue their marriage.They probably will be discreet about it.They also have to learn to separate sex from emotion no catching feelings or unnecessary closeness.You are here to scratch an itch-bye bye.

Very dangerous choice by the couple.I do not advocate for spousal separation no matter what.Choices are to go together or don't go at all or go and visit monthly or go and accept the consequences.

The trend of wives travelling to america with the kids to live while spiritual husband stays in NIgeria is ridiculous.Lots of heart break but the marriage must go on.

Why invite devil in then start crying when he builds room and parlor?

Before I got married i went through the same for even longer,lets say emmmmmm grin grin grin grin .. we were there emotionally for each other but didn't dig too deep about physical stuff and life went on till we were back together physically again.No questions or probing about sex,there were no hangers on,no scandals or stories.No one could claim he was dating me,and no one could claim he was dating her.No evidence of such smiley

There may be people who can stay sexless though,nothing is impossible.

GOOD LUCK.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by Daddytyrese: 10:18am On Sep 01, 2016
See everyone shouting self control what is self control. don't be deceived some men don't joke with sex especially me sef I don't joke with it oo.. instead of self control which is mostly not possible especially for new couples the lady or the man can visit at intervals unless they come to an understanding of finding someone else to pleasure themselves which I doubt possible
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by NaBanga: 11:01am On Sep 01, 2016
Your sister may as well enjoy her life until her hubby returns. I could talk about prayer and fasting, but the truth is that her husband is going to cheat while he is abroad. He may take on one lover or multiple, but he is going to satisfy his needs with female companionship. Hopefully he will return to your sister at the appointed time and not have made any mistakes that will follow them for life. I am not advocating for infidelity, because I know for myself that I can withstand long periods without sexual activity. However it is a rare man (and woman) that can go 2 years without intimacy from the opposite sex.
Re: How Long Can You Stay Without Sex As Married Couple by thelish(f): 8:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
cocolacec:

Since kids are involved,its better he arrives in Germany first and later apply for his family to join him in Germany depending on the family purse.
I spoke with a lady earlier this year ,who came for her Phd programme from Egypt to study in denmark ,she got her residence permit for her husband and 2 children before she left her country.
The most important thing is proof of financial means to support the family in Germany.

In Sweden it goes
The maintenance requirement for the whole time you are in Sweden is SEK 3,500 (£366) per month for adults and SEK 2,100 (£219)per month for each child.
For 2years (wife)= 24 months X 366=£8784
3 children = 24MonthsX 657=£15,768
Total = £24,552

Germany might require less in bank statement

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/EN/Infoservice/FAQ/Studium/09-Familiennachzug%20Studenten.html?nn=480902

Family Reunion (German embassy Nigeria) Required Documents
http://m.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4051286/Daten/6755309/Checklist_Ehegattennachzug_en.pdf

Thanks so much. I really appreciate u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Babies Are Attracted To Me. / Which Wife Can Accept This? / Back To School: Readjusting To ‘Normal’ Sleep Schedule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.