Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Which Wife Can Accept This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Wife Can Accept This? (8843 Views)

Counter Trend:husband Can't Rape Wife But Wife Can Rape Husband / Watching Football With Wife Can Be Very Frustrating And Stressful. / How A Wife Can Be The Glory Of Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 10:08pm On May 19, 2013
Two months after marriage , my friend left his banking job to seek "greener pasture",as it is often called.

Fast forward to six months after,he's married in the U.S to another woman claiming the old worn out phrase "green card things".

We talked on phone and when i asked if his beloved Nigerian wife is aware , he became silent.

Common bro! Anytime i'm around his LEGAL wife, i feel sad inside.

Two wives in a year?
Just to stay in another man's land? Too much to wrap my head around that.

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by biolabee(m): 10:20pm On May 19, 2013
I dont know of any wife that can
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Connoisseur(m): 10:27pm On May 19, 2013
biolabee: I dont know of any wife that can

naija wives will.
some girls with overseas husbands know very well that their hubbys have families up there. the guys too dont even hide it, they give the naija wife a period of hours when he can be reached without dosturbing the natural order of things
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 10:29pm On May 19, 2013
I haven't told him of a new law that gives the American wife a huge advantage.

There's a new law that gives the wife the right to withdraw his application for green card through her. Even if it has been approved for 10 years in case of a divorce or misdemeanour.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by ohaleoghene(f): 10:30pm On May 19, 2013
I know of a woman who did . The husband got married to a Japanese woman so he become a citizen and get a job . He has two girls with the woman now , and the nigerian woman also have two children . Last December , the Japanese woman came to Nigeria, the man introduced his Nigerian wife to the Japanese as the sister. She only communicate in igbo whenever the japanese woman is there . They stayed for two weeks , and this man never comes home , he is fully in Japan, as the woman won't let him come home alone . Menh, that woman took shit , all for greener pasture .
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 10:31pm On May 19, 2013
@ohaleoghene,

Mhen! That's extreme. shocked
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Zagaza: 10:56pm On May 19, 2013
Even american citizenship can be revoked many years after it is attained if it is found that it was got through fraud.Marriage fraud that is.So do not think it is ever home run.A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by ohaleoghene(f): 11:05pm On May 19, 2013
jeffizy: @ohaleoghene,

My brother , this is what a woman is passing through , I am not been told the story , I know this couple .The guy doesn't come home , the Nigerian wife stays with the mother in law . All of these for money ? The husband brother who is my frnd said the Nigerian woman is a good wife . Please how long will she continue to be a good wife why she is no different from a single mother ? If she is not complaining , then I could bet she is getting love and sexxx from another dude . To even think of the fact that the children dnt see their father . The Japanese woman thought it was African culture for one's sister children to call you 'daddy '

4 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 11:18pm On May 19, 2013
My buddy is now in a pensive mood.
Guess he thinks i might squeal on him.

I won't do that simply because i know what the result will be.
I have my own family to worry about.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 19, 2013
What a pity sad
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 12:04am On May 20, 2013
jeffizy: @ohaleoghene,

You're a learner. Dem boku for Europe. undecided
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by coogar: 12:11am On May 20, 2013
jeffizy: Two months after marriage , my friend left his banking job to seek "greener pasture",as it is often called.

Fast forward to six months after,he's married in the U.S to another woman claiming the old worn out phrase "green card things".

We talked on phone and when i asked if his beloved Nigerian wife is aware , he became silent.

Common bro! Anytime i'm around his LEGAL wife, i feel sad inside.

Two wives in a year?
Just to stay in another man's land? To much to wrap my head around that.

mind your damn business......

5 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 12:59am On May 20, 2013
and oh Jeff , what he ^^ said too wink none of your gaddam business. wink
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 1:35am On May 20, 2013
coogar:

mind your damn business......
Im my brother's keeper Coogar.

I should wait till he outsmarts himself and gets his a.r.se hauled in jail before showing concern?

@jidegirl12.
Emi o ni laju mi s'ile ki ti ore mi o baje men!

Will i be happy when his family accuse me of abetting?
NO.

Try having a friend from nursery school till now. grin
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by neversaynever(m): 1:48am On May 20, 2013
Wow! All for this papers.
When will that time be when a foreigner will marry a Nigerian for papers? sad

1 Like

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 2:10am On May 20, 2013
never_say_never: Wow! All for this papers.
When will that time be when a foreigner will marry a Nigerian for papers? sad
Naija papers?
That will be a while.
In naija wey foreigner is regarded as brocoli and our own ppl seen as ewedu. grin
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 4:46am On May 20, 2013
jeffizy:

@jidegirl12.
Emi o ni laju mi s'ile ki ti ore mi o baje men!

Baje bawo? Ko ba le da noni wink .... don't say anything yet, I'm sure he'll explain to wifee himself.

Will i be happy when his family accuse me of abetting?
NO.

I think you're taking it way too far jeffy, you haven't done anything wrong to warrant any accusation , y'all both married, it's way different from kg1 days , he's an adult and not everything you see you go talk. I've got childhood friends too, I shared my opinion when they're making wrong choices but they don't have to listen to me, nah , for every wrong doing , there's consequences. lipsrsealed

Try having a friend from nursery school till now. grin

I do and cherish them a lot, but won't rat them out for any reason. Pinky swear remember? wink

I wish him all the best, ain't easy securing a gc unless you've got relatives to file for you otherwise, *grunts*. I don't want to say this but na by force to travel? I heard banking job pay great. 2month marriage? is the wife preggy before his departure ?
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 5:31am On May 20, 2013
@jidegirl12..

Well laid out. Thanks.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 5:36am On May 20, 2013
@jide12...
Yes , Wife is pregnant.

He had 10 years experience as a banker.

Unfortunately,he barely earns enough to pay rent.

Sometimes, i put his name on the brown envelope for his family when in town.

E dey pain me small.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by greatgod2012(f): 9:31am On May 20, 2013
I never knew somen women could take this sh..it, but going through this thread, its an eye-opener, but the question is, can men take this type of shi t from their wives, all in the name of greener pasture...........that is food for thought for you men.

3 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 11:12am On May 20, 2013
The question is this- Who raised this women to believe they don't deserve anything from life except an absentee husband and a marriage certificate to keep their bed warm? who told them its ok for them and their mil to raise kids together when the father is married to an oyinbo and raising oyinbo kids? Who told them as long as they are married anything that comes their way is good enough for them.? Who told them money is everything. Are these women ok? Who told them marriage is an endurance walk? Who defined the "good wife" for them.

4 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 20, 2013
andromida: The question is this- Who raised this women to believe they don't deserve anything from life except an absentee husband and a marriage certificate to keep their bed warm? who told them its ok for them and their mil to raise kids together when the father is married to an oyinbo and raising oyinbo kids? Who told them as long as they are married anything that comes their way is good enough for them.? Who told them money is everything. Are these women ok? Who told them marriage is an endurance walk? Who defined the "good wife" for them.
that's what the nigerian society expects from them.to swallow all manner of poo.and pretend to be happy.saddening

2 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Princesszoe: 1:55pm On May 20, 2013
Completely saddening. But thank God some women are now more sensible. Some women are no longer dependent in the sense that they cannot feed themselves without a husband. Any woman whose husband travels out and get married to a white or black woman should file for divorce. Marriage was instutionalised by God and He didn't introduced it to be used as a collateral in money making. That is a glaring adultery.

4 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 20, 2013
jeffizy: @jide12...
Yes , Wife is pregnant.

He had 10 years experience as a banker.

Unfortunately,he barely earns enough to pay rent.

Sometimes, i put his name on the brown envelope for his family when in town.

E dey pain me small.

Good she's expecting and I'm hoping she must've agreed with him travelling?

Please don't quote me cos I might modify this post later.

Marriage is the only way in US to expedite the process trust me. If they want to see him come home ASAP .

Na wa for Naija oh, banking job now hardly pays rent? God will continue to bless you Jeff , you keep talking to him bout the process from time to time to keep him on his toes.

Don't threaten him, give him timeline, or fight, it's a battleground as a visitor up there. No healthcare, so he must secure that gc before his visa lapse ( 1 year I presume) because he's already doomed either way for overstaying.

@greatgod, sis, this is not a competition oh, I know many women whose hubby stayed back home with 3,2, 4 , 5 kids ( yes) for over a year ( even more) until they secures a gc and eventually brought everybody over.

Everybody is not fortunate in Naija with a million paying job so he gotta do what they gotta do undecided
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 20, 2013
Princess zoe: Completely saddening. But thank God some women are now more sensible. Some women are no longer dependent in the sense that they cannot feed themselves without a husband. Any woman whose husband travels out and get married to a white or black woman should file for divorce. Marriage was instutionalised by God and He didn't introduced it to be used as a collateral in money making. That is a glaring adultery.

God bless you!
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 20, 2013
Hurray for women liberation !! undecided

'Some women' she said Pftttttt ..... Nobody knows what's going on behind closed doors, everybody shines their teeth like everything is A okay.... You're in no position to decree that rule ; Anybody whose hubby travels and marry a foreigner for papers should divorce.

Why can't you people be real here for once?? And stop living in your cookoo fantasy happily ever after world??
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 20, 2013
jidegirl12:

Everybody is not fortunate in Naija with a million paying job so he gotta do what they gotta do undecided

So if I'm right, your point is that he's doing this for the good of his family, his wife

Shouldn't he discuss it with her first undecided

3 Likes

Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 20, 2013
uju and jide - abeg make peace
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 20, 2013
Uju today is Victoria Day .... I'm heading to the parade as I speak and a guy I just filed PR for is driving me and my family there..... I came to the west solo (student) with my britiko passport to refresh your memory ..... yeah I thought you need that explanation from me.

For the umpteenth time, could you please waka pass my posts?? This is getting ridiculous don't you think?? How else do you want me to spell it out to you that I don't give a Bleep about you and you're not relevant to me??

*sighs*

Again I'm not gonna discuss this thread with you, my post wasn't directed at you , abi aye e fe baje ni?
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 20, 2013
I'm truly sorry Jeff... didn't mean to derail.
Re: Which Wife Can Accept This? by jeffizy(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2013
My concern is actually from 2 perspective.

1. He commiting bigamy.

2. Leaving a comfortable existence for uncertainty.

Nice discourse. Please lets keep it open-minded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does A Scorpion Bite Kill? / So, What's Wrong In Choosing Marriage? / Opinion From Mothers Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.