Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? (1957 Views)

Why Do Christians Or Moslems Quote Their Religious Books In A Random Pattern? / What Should Be Done To Old Religious Books. / Religious Books Justified: 200 Proofs! Earth Is Not a Spinning Ball. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by djlaqua91(m): 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
I've always pondered on this topic. Dinosaurs in religion. Many dinosaur bones have been discovered worldwide and thanks to Radio carbon-13 dating, scientist have found them to be thousands of years old. Some far pre-dating any known calendar. So my questions are how do dinosaurs fit in with any religion given the fact they aren't mentioned in any holy books? During the time of Noah, no dinosaur was documented to have been on the Ark so let's assume they had died off then. How can the bones of dinosaurs be older than Man? How old were Adam and Eve and did they live in the era of dinosaurs since they were the first men? They're so many other questions to reason.
Please I need enlightened facts and opinions not insults, or comments that don't address the topic. Danke.

cc seun , Ishilove , Lalasticlala (it's not snake, but do the needful grin) , Ymodulus , PaulKillerman et al

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Seun(m): 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
I can't wait to see how they will respond. "God planted the fossils to keep rational people out of heaven" maybe?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by hahn(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Theists do not believe in dinosaurs. Especially Christians.

But they do believe in talking snakes, talking donkeys, a man living in the sky, a man dying for their sins in ancient Israel, that they can actually drink the blood(zobo) and eat the flesh of Jesus(bread) during holy communion, believe in witches and wizards and that an all loving god created hell to punish people for eternity

grin

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
djlaqua91:
I've always pondered on this topic. Dinosaurs in religion. Many dinosaur bones have been discovered worldwide and thanks to Radio carbon-13 dating, scientist have found them to be thousands of years old. Some far pre-dating any known calendar. So my questions are how do dinosaurs fit in with any religion given the fact they aren't mentioned in any holy books? During the time of Noah, no dinosaur was documented to have been on the Ark so let's assume they had died off then. How can the bones of dinosaurs be older than Man? How old were Adam and Eve and did they live in the era of dinosaurs since they were the first men? They're so many other questions to reason.
Please I need enlightened facts and opinions not insults, or comments that don't address the topic. Danke.

cc seun , Ishilove , Lalasticlala (do the needful grin) , Ymodulus, PaulKillerman et al

Simple answer, they don't.

Dinosaurs predate man and religion by millions of years.

Adam wasn't the first man, 'Lucy'(An australopithecus afarensis, you can Google it. ) was the first man, she is the oldest fossil of the home sapien specie ever discovered. She lived 3.2 million years ago. According to radio carbon dating and spectroscopy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nicolars(m): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Seun:
I can't wait to see how they will respond. "God planted the fossils to keep rational people out of heaven" maybe?

Job 40:15-19
15. “Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.

16. What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!

17. Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.

18. Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.

19. It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his
sword
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nicolars:

Job 40:15-19
15. “Look at Behemoth, which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.

16. What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!

17. Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.

18. Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.

19. It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his
sword

.. Not all dinosaurs were herbivores. In fact a good number of them were carnivorous like the tyrannosaurus Rex, albertosaurus, raptors, velcroraptors (flying dinosaur), pterodactyl (another flying dinosaur)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
Well according to the bible, the earth is a little over 6000 - 10,000 years old which means crude oil doesn't exist. But it does exist. In fact, its the reason for 90% of the problems in Nigeria grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nicolars(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
Joshuabase:

.. Not all dinosaurs were herbivores. In fact a good number of them were carnivorous like the tyrannosaurus Rex, albertosaurus, raptors, velcroraptors (flying dinosaur), pterodactyl (another flying dinosaur)
So that's the only fact that u av to dispute it, okay tell me another animal that fits that description
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by 4kings: 5:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Well according to the bible, the earth is a little over 6000 - 10,000 years old which means crude oil doesn't exist. But it does exist. In fact, its the reason for 90% of the problems in Nigeria grin
grin
Some Christians are old earth creationist
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by djlaqua91(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2016
Joshuabase:

Simple answer, they don't.

Dinosaurs predate man and religion by millions of years.

Adam wasn't the first man, 'Lucy'(An australopithecus afarensis, you can Google .

Good to know. I'm grateful for science. And also happy I didn't exist during the Dino era
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by djlaqua91(m): 5:39pm On Aug 09, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You're right. I took geology courses back in school and I'm aware that the dinosaur fossils are responsible for our crude oil and other fossil fuels. I've asked this question to some pastors and imams and nobody has given me a reasonable answer, hence I came to nairaland. I wonder why the dinosaurs were omitted in the scriptures?

2 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Seun(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nicolars:

So that's the only fact that u av to dispute it, okay tell me another animal that fits that description

Behold the mighty behemoth as it feeds on grass like an ox! Check out the power in the muscles of its belly and its strong legs like rods of iron!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nicolars(m): 7:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
Seun:

Behold the mighty behemoth as it feeds on grass like an ox! Check out the power in the muscles of its belly and its strong legs like rods of iron!

Many often make that mistake

As it said in verse 17,
17. Its tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of its
thighs are close-knit.
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2016
After reading Sean's last post, lmfao!!

Nicolars:

Many often make that mistake

As it said in verse 17,
thighs are close-knit.

I think you're confused, the description of the creature in that verse closely matches the rhinoceros. The rhinoceros has sinews (a tendon ligament) in it's thighs. And obviously has a tail.

2 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
I was there with the Dinosaurs in the ark. The animal was huge that I remember Noah evicted it from the ark to save other creatures.

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by RobinHez(m): 7:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
The Bible is not an history book... It is a combination of books with a central theme... And so, you don't expect to see documentation of so many things.

One thing I do know.... From research is, from the creation of the 'heavens and earth' to when Adam was placed in the garden... Was a huge gap of years... Obviously... Running into Millions!

The Bible does mention Satan being cast down into earth... That means there was a pre-adamic race! And that would include early-men, Dinosaurs and other animals who have gone extinct leaving fossils behind...
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Seun(m): 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nicolars:
thighs are close-knit.
The Rhino-Behemoth has a tail, which sways as competently as any other animal's tail. It's sinews must be quite strong to carry its weight.

More importantly, dinosaurs had been extinct for 65 million years when the Job story presumably happened, so Job would not have known what dinosaurs looked like. It would have made no sense for God to use an animal Job had never seen or heard about to intimidate him, so the Behemoth must be an animal that currently exists, an animal that died off a few thousand years ago, or a mythical creature (like the dragon).

Also, the Behemoth is presented as a single type of animal, yet scientists have named about 700 unique species of dinosaurs from fossils alone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by hahn(m): 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
djlaqua91:

You're right. I took geology courses back in school and I'm aware that the dinosaur fossils are responsible for our crude oil and other fossil fuels. I've asked this question to some pastors and imams and nobody has given me a reasonable answer, hence I came to nairaland. I wonder why the dinosaurs were omitted in the scriptures?

The dudes that wrote the bible were unaware of dinosaurs and all of them. They were quite ignorant of how the world works.

Religion is a product of crude ignorance and arrogant assumptions.

It should not be taken seriously smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by hahn(m): 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
RobinHez:
The Bible is not an history book... It is a combination of books with a central theme... And so, you don't expect to see documentation of so many things.

One thing I do know.... From research is, from the creation of the 'heavens and earth' to when Adam was placed in the garden... Was a huge gap of years... Obviously... Running into Millions!

The Bible does mention Satan being cast down into earth... That means there was a pre-adamic race! And that would include early-men, Dinosaurs and other animals who have gone extinct leaving fossils behind...

Assumptions assumptions smiley
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by CoolUsername: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2016
Seun:

zOmg! The great dinoceros! Seun, you've cracked the case!
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by djlaqua91(m): 10:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
RobinHez:

I get you concerning the time gap theory, but pre-adamic race? Early men? If Adam was the first man on earth, then who came before him? And I know in the bible Jesus family line is traced from to Adam. Those many descedants won't add up to a million years timeline. So the whole dinosaur thing will make virtually all living calendars wrong.
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 10:33pm On Aug 09, 2016
All Of U Shouting Adam Eve!

Can't U See That D Book Of Genesis ( pre- Abraham Period) Is D Literary Work Of

Oga Moses??

It Was Just His Imaginations Running Wide He Thought D World Is Based On Egypt, Canaan And Present Day Turkey.

[e.g D Blunders In D Story Of Noah, The Genesis Long Life Brouhaha That Became Shorter With Time, Garden Of Eden That Can't Be Found.
No Documentation Of The Oldest Race(black)]

But Where An Exception Comes Up, Is The Miracle Of The Red Sea And Jordan.
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:14am On Aug 10, 2016
Keneking:
I was there with the Dinosaurs in the ark. The animal was huge that I remember Noah evicted it from the ark to save other creatures.

THIS IS JUST IT. NOAH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EXTINCTION OF DINOS, THE OLD ILLITERATE THREW THEM OUT THE ARK CUZ HE COULDN'T ACCOMMODATE THEM.
SO THEY ALL DIED IN THE FLOOD.. sad

AND THE PRETTY LITTLE PENGUINS ALL HOPPED STRAIGHT DOWN BACK TO THE SOUTH, ALONG WITH THE KANGAROOS.. STRAIGHT TO AUSTRALIA WITHOUT SAYING THANKS!

1 Like

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by EyeofHorus: 1:53am On Aug 10, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

THIS IS JUST IT. NOAH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE EXTINCTION OF DINOS, THE OLD ILLITERATE THREW THEM OUT THE ARK CUZ HE COULDN'T ACCOMMODATE THEM.
SO THEY ALL DIED IN THE FLOOD.. sad

AND THE PRETTY LITTLE PENGUINS ALL HOPPED STRAIGHT DOWN BACK TO THE SOUTH, ALONG WITH THE KANGAROOS.. STRAIGHT TO AUSTRALIA WITHOUT SAYING THANKS!

Even cockroaches n other bugs.
What about the snakes?
All species of snakes including anaconda.

grin grin
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Demmzy15(m): 6:52am On Aug 10, 2016
djlaqua91:

You can ask just any Muslim, you mentioning an "Imam" shows you're a liar. Anyways lemme just answer you for the sake of those viewing. A question was asked about dinosaurs and it was answered as follows:

Praise be to Allah.

In al-Mawsoo‘ah al-‘Arabiyyah al-‘Aalamiyyah it says: The dinosaurs of the Jurassic period (138-205 million years ago) include the tallest known dinosaur, namely the diplodocus, which reached a height of 27 m, as well as other dinosaurs such as the plated or armoured stegosaurus, the allosaurus, and the camptosaurus.

The dinosaurs were reptiles that lived millions of years ago. The word dinosaur is derived from two Greek words meaning “terrible lizard”. However the dinosaurs were not really lizards, although the size of some of them was terrifying; the largest dinosaur was the biggest animal that ever lived on dry land, with a weight that was many times that of a fully grown elephant. There are a very few types of whales that grow to a size bigger than these dinosaurs.

The first dinosaurs appeared on earth 220 million years ago. These creatures dominated dry land for approximately 150 million years and lived on most continents on earth and in various environments, such as swamps and flat plains. They became extinct suddenly 63 million years ago. End quote.

There is nothing in the texts of the Qur’aan or Sunnah to confirm or deny the existence of these creatures. In the Holy Qur’aan there are some verses which some scholars have understood to mean that there were creatures that existed on earth before Adam (peace be upon him), such as the verse in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth.’ They said: ‘Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You.’ He (Allah) said: ‘I know that which you do not know’”[i]

[al-Baqarah 2:30].

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The words of the angels [i]“Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood?”
make it very likely that they were successors to some creatures who came before them and that there were creatures on earth before that who shed blood and spread mischief. So the angels asked their Lord, may He be glorified and exalted: “Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood” as was done by those who came before them?

End quote from Tafseer al-Qur’aan al-Kareem, 1/30

The dinosaurs may have been among those creatures.

It is not strange that there were creatures of this great size. It is proven in the saheeh Sunnah that Adam (peace be upon him)was sixty cubits tall, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari (3326) and Muslim (2841) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah created Adam sixty cubits tall, then He said: Go and greet those angels and listen to how they greet you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your descendants. So he went and said, As-salaamu ‘alaykum (peace be upon you) and they said: Al-salaam ‘alayka wa rahmat Allaah (peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah. So they added (the words) wa rahmat Allah. Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam. Mankind continued to diminish in size until now.”

It also says in the Sunnah that when the earth’s blessing is restored to it at the end of time, one pomegranate at that time will be sufficient for a group of people, and they will seek shade beneath its skin, as was narrated by Muslim (2937) from an-Nawwaas ibn Sam‘aan (may Allah be pleased with him): the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, when speaking of the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and Allah’s destruction of Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj: “Then Allaah will send rain which will not be kept out by any house of clay or hair; it will wash the earth and leave it like a mirror. Then it will be said to the earth: Bring forth your fruits and restore your blessing. On that day a group of people will eat from a pomegranate and shelter beneath its skin. Milk will be blessed until a milch-camel will be sufficient for a crowd of people, and a milch-cow will be sufficient for a tribe of people, and a milch-sheep will be sufficient for a family of people.”

To sum up: Islam does not deny that these creatures existed or that they were of this great size, but the fact remains that when they speak of their lifespans and the details of their forms and lives, this is the field of science and speculation combined. The Muslim should not be preoccupied with that and he should not waste time discussing it or believe that it is a matter that has any impact on his religious commitment or belief, because he knows that the Qur’aan and Sunnah were revealed to guide people and show them the right way; their focus is not history, geography, earth science or biology, although they indicate many facts that have to do with these fields. There are some kinds of animals that are not mentioned in Qur’aan and Sunnah at all, even though they existed at the time the Qur’aan was revealed.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/166097

I hope you can read all with an unbiased mind!

Salam

2 Likes

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Bobandgreat: 8:19am On Aug 10, 2016
My brothers see what I believe. I believe there were humanoid forms(homo erectus and the rest) and animals(dinosaurs and the rest) in the world before the creation of Adam. God said let us make man in our own image and likeness (Adam). Adam was then made in God's image and form and put in garden of eden to protect him from the chaos outside. When he sinned, he was then cast out of garden of eden into the world to face the chaos out there.
You also recall that Cain asked not to be killed by these humanoid forms out there and he also later took a wife amongst these beings.
Homo erectus, homo habilis existed as well as dinosaurs but the humanoids were not in God's image and likeness. Only Adam. Kindly feel free to ask me anything u want about this.
Also the bible never told you the world is 6000yrs. We assume it. Remember, 1000yrs is like a day in the eyes of the lord.
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:04am On Aug 10, 2016
EyeofHorus:

Even cockroaches n other bugs.
What about the snakes?
All species of snakes including anaconda.

grin grin

IT WAS WRITTEN, THAT THE SNAKES WERE FED WITH GRASSES TO PREVENT THEM FROM SWALLOWING THE RODENTS INSIDE THE ARK.
THE SHARKS MAYBE ATE A COUPLE OF FRUITS WHILE GOD MANAGED TO SUSTAIN THE CROCS AND GATORS WITH HIS HEAVENLY GRACE.

AND THE LIONS AND TIGERS WERE FED WITH THE BODY AND BLOOD OF CHRIST! smiley
(I DON'T THINK THEY TOOK PART IN THE GRASS EATING CONTEST.)

DOGS LIKE TO LICK A LOT SO THEY SIMPLY LICKED ON NOAHS BALLS UNTIL THE FLOOD WAS OVER tongue

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Demmzy15(m): 9:15am On Aug 10, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

IT WAS WRITTEN, THAT THE SNAKES WERE FED WITH GRASSES TO PREVENT THEM FROM SWALLOWING THE RODENTS INSIDE THE ARK.
THE SHARKS MAYBE ATE A COUPLE OF FRUITS WHILE GOD MANAGED TO SUSTAIN THE CROCS AND GATORS WITH HIS HEAVENLY GRACE.

DOGS LIKE TO LICK A LOT SO THEY SIMPLY LICKED ON NOAHS BALLS UNTIL THE FLOOD WAS OVER tongue
undecided angry

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by djlaqua91(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2016
Demmzy15:
You can ask just any Muslim, you mentioning an "Imam" shows you're a liar. Anyways lemme just answer you for the sake of those viewing. A question was asked about dinosaurs and it was answered as follows:

Praise be to Allah.

In al-Mawsoo‘ah al-‘Arabiyyah al-‘Aalamiyyah it says: The dinosaurs of the Jurassic period (138-205 million years ago) include the tallest known dinosaur, namely the diplodocus, which reached a height of 27 m, as well as other dinosaurs such as the plated or armoured stegosaurus, the allosaurus, and the camptosaurus.

The dinosaurs were reptiles that lived millions of years ago. The word dinosaur is derived from two Greek words meaning “terrible lizard”. However the dinosaurs were not really lizards, although the size of some of them was terrifying; the largest dinosaur was the biggest animal that ever lived on dry land, with a weight that was many times that of a fully grown elephant. There are a very few types of whales that grow to a size bigger than these dinosaurs.

The first dinosaurs appeared on earth 220 million years ago. These creatures dominated dry land for approximately 150 million years and lived on most continents on earth and in various environments, such as swamps and flat plains. They became extinct suddenly 63 million years ago. End quote.

There is nothing in the texts of the Qur’aan or Sunnah to confirm or deny the existence of these creatures. In the Holy Qur’aan there are some verses which some scholars have understood to mean that there were creatures that existed on earth before Adam (peace be upon him), such as the verse in which Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: ‘Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth.’ They said: ‘Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You.’ He (Allah) said: ‘I know that which you do not know’”[i]

[al-Baqarah 2:30].

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said: The words of the angels [i]“Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood?”
make it very likely that they were successors to some creatures who came before them and that there were creatures on earth before that who shed blood and spread mischief. So the angels asked their Lord, may He be glorified and exalted: “Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood” as was done by those who came before them?

End quote from Tafseer al-Qur’aan al-Kareem, 1/30

The dinosaurs may have been among those creatures.

It is not strange that there were creatures of this great size. It is proven in the saheeh Sunnah that Adam (peace be upon him)was sixty cubits tall, as was narrated by al-Bukhaari (3326) and Muslim (2841) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah created Adam sixty cubits tall, then He said: Go and greet those angels and listen to how they greet you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your descendants. So he went and said, As-salaamu ‘alaykum (peace be upon you) and they said: Al-salaam ‘alayka wa rahmat Allaah (peace be upon you and the mercy of Allaah. So they added (the words) wa rahmat Allah. Everyone who enters Paradise will be in the form of Adam. Mankind continued to diminish in size until now.”

It also says in the Sunnah that when the earth’s blessing is restored to it at the end of time, one pomegranate at that time will be sufficient for a group of people, and they will seek shade beneath its skin, as was narrated by Muslim (2937) from an-Nawwaas ibn Sam‘aan (may Allah be pleased with him): the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, when speaking of the descent of ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) and Allah’s destruction of Ya’jooj and Ma’jooj: “Then Allaah will send rain which will not be kept out by any house of clay or hair; it will wash the earth and leave it like a mirror. Then it will be said to the earth: Bring forth your fruits and restore your blessing. On that day a group of people will eat from a pomegranate and shelter beneath its skin. Milk will be blessed until a milch-camel will be sufficient for a crowd of people, and a milch-cow will be sufficient for a tribe of people, and a milch-sheep will be sufficient for a family of people.”

To sum up: Islam does not deny that these creatures existed or that they were of this great size, but the fact remains that when they speak of their lifespans and the details of their forms and lives, this is the field of science and speculation combined. The Muslim should not be preoccupied with that and he should not waste time discussing it or believe that it is a matter that has any impact on his religious commitment or belief, because he knows that the Qur’aan and Sunnah were revealed to guide people and show them the right way; their focus is not history, geography, earth science or biology, although they indicate many facts that have to do with these fields. There are some kinds of animals that are not mentioned in Qur’aan and Sunnah at all, even though they existed at the time the Qur’aan was revealed.

And Allah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/166097

I hope you can read all with an unbiased mind!

Salam

Very good. Most comprehensive answer indeed. But don't call someone a liar just because you don't agree with what he/she says. You weren't there when I asked around. You gave the same answer as the rest. The dinosaurs weren't mentioned. This I find odd because such gigantic beasts would have been worthy of a mention several times over.
Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by Demmzy15(m): 10:10am On Aug 10, 2016
djlaqua91:

Very good. Most comprehensive answer indeed. But don't call someone a liar just because you don't agree with what he/she says. You weren't there when I asked around. You gave the same answer as the rest. The dinosaurs weren't mentioned. This I find odd because such gigantic beasts would have been worthy of a mention several times over.
Apologies anyway, the verse emphasized should he clear enough to cover anything that would have preexisted man. Dinosaurs aren't issue that strengthen my faith as a Muslim, moreover, the Qur'an refers to events of the old in order for us to reflect upon. Mind you, the Qur'an isn't an history or science book, so therefore, you can't be expecting to find all about the creatures, plants, etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by djlaqua91(m): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2016
Demmzy15:
Apologies anyway, the verse emphasized should he clear enough to cover anything that would have preexisted man. Dinosaurs aren't issue that strengthen my faith as a Muslim, moreover, the Qur'an refers to events of the old in order for us to reflect upon. Mind you, the Qur'an isn't an history or science book, so therefore, you can't be expecting to find all about the creatures, plants, etc

Danke Schon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Dinosaurs Exist In Religious Books? by EyeofHorus: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

Lmfho
grin grin grin grin

You're so funny. Jeez!

(1) (Reply)

The Experience 2016!!! / Pastor Chris & Pastor Benny Hinn With Sinach Arrives Isreal For A Tour(photo) / Beautiful Girl Converted To Christianity (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.