Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,301 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 (1605 Views)

Trial Of Nnamdi Kanu Adjourned Till April 26 - Channels Television. / Saraki’s CCT Trial Adjourned Till 18 March As He Storms Court With 30 Senators / Dasuki’s Trial Stalled Again, Case Adjourned Till February 26 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by kok(m): 5:19am On Sep 24, 2009
The Code of Conduct Tribunal on Wednesday, adjourned hearing till October 2 on the asset declaration trial of Nuhu Ribadu, the former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

The Appeal Court had, on its part, earlier, adjourned its initial sitting on the case brought by Mr. Ribadu, after the prosecution counsel made no appearance in court. The request to disallow the trial which Mr. Ribadu filed, will now be heard on December 15, 2009, the judge said.

At the Code of Conduct Tribunal sitting, Mr. Ribadu’s counsel, Femi Falana, requested that further hearing on the case be suspended while awaiting the outcome of the appeal.

The trial Judge, Constance Momoh, said the Tribunal will decide on the defense application and also on the progress of the case bin October.

The Code of Conduct Bureau is accusing the former EFCC Chairman of failing to declare his assets while serving as the head of the anti-corruption agency.

But Mr. Ribadu has rejected the claim through his counsel, and has kicked against his trial by the Conduct Tribunal.

The former EFCC Chairman had argued on the constitution of the Tribunal and also questioned the timing of the trial, which he said came after he had left office.

But Ms Momoh said his tribunal was properly constituted as demanded by law, with two of its three members enough to form a quorum. She also ruled that the Tribunal could hold charges against past office holders whom Mr. Ribadu argued are protected by the law that demands the declaration of assets. She had, on June 24 ordered Mr Falana to ensure that his client appeared at Wednesday’s sitting.

But Mr. Falana appealed against the order and filed a three-legged counter motion, praying for leave, extension of time as well as stay of proceedings.

“As it stands, this tribunal cannot entertain this matter until the pending motions are dealt with in the Court of Appeal,” he said. “We are doing this because the life of my client is not safe in the country under this government; a manhunt has been declared for Ribadu by the state; we have all the pieces of evidence. The tribunal lacks the power to make any pronouncement on the arrest of Ribadu while our application of stay is before a superior court; doing this is tantamount to a “fait accompli.” “The motion of the prosecution is simply a dangerous invitation to bring the two courts on a collision cause,” Falana added.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5462989-147/story.csp
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by Enjoyment1(f): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2009
In Nigeria, he who plays the piper doesnt necessarily dictate the tune!. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by verycute: 12:48pm On Sep 24, 2009
Ribadu should suffer what he brought against himself. When OBJ was using him to impeach people by 4am, did he think he was doing the right thing? no matter how corrupt anybody is, there is a lay down rules to get the person out. After doing all those dirty Jobs, OBJ is no longer in power and he is suffering it. He has the desire to fight corruption and also the desire to make mistakes and also do a little stealing. So the almight Ribadu is not a saint after all. LET HIM SUFFER LIKE THOSE HE IMPEACHED BY 4PM. I rest my case.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by chosen04(f): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2009
verycute:

Ribadu should suffer what he brought against himself. When OBJ was using him to impeach people by 4am, did he think he was doing the right thing? no matter how corrupt anybody is, there is a lay down rules to get the person out. After doing all those dirty Jobs, OBJ is no longer in power and he is suffering it. He has the desire to fight corruption and also the desire to make mistakes and also do a little stealing. So the almight Ribadu is not a saint after all. LET HIM SUFFER LIKE THOSE HE IMPEACHED BY 4PM. I rest my case.

Ribadu is now becoming a HERO of sort. At least he fought corruption. Even if he had fought OBJ's enemies, what stops WAZIRI & CO from fighting OBJ's friends.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by otukpo(f): 1:15pm On Sep 24, 2009
chosen04:

Ribadu is now becoming a HERO of sort. At least he fought corruption. Even if he had fought OBJ's enemies, what stops WAZIRI & CO from fighting OBJ's friends.

That is not the way to achieve justice in any civilized society
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by proudly9ja(m): 1:18pm On Sep 24, 2009
otukpo:

That is not the way to achieve justice in any civilized society
and our society is civilized?

I may be wrong but I think desperate times call for desperate actions.

Think about it, if Idiagbon had dealt with OBJ/Umaru Dikko, IBB, and all those who helped in destroying Nigeria between 1960 and 1983, maybe we would have a better society now?
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by verycute: 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2009
That where we got it all wrong. what kind of hero is he becoming. why should a reasonable government worker be selective in his fight agaist corruption. OBJ remains the most corrupt leader we ever had here. Yet  Ribadu could not do anything to him. are u telling me that its only OBJ enemies that are currupt. lets be honest, if Ribadu fought a good fight, no body will be divded today against him. He was 100% wrong in his ways and methods. he should suffer for being selective. No body has ever fought corruptionin Nigeria. We still remain the most currupt till date in the whole world and most of it happen under the supervission of Ribadu and OBJ. Both of them had the opportunity to re write Nigerian History, but the faild. You now come to tell me that he is a hero. na waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by chosen04(f): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
verycute:

That where we got it all wrong. what kind of hero is he becoming. why should a reasonable government worker be selective in his fight agaist corruption. OBJ remains the most corrupt leader we ever had here. Yet Ribadu could not do anything to him. are u telling me that its only OBJ enemies that are currupt. lets be honest, if Ribadu fought a good fight, no body will be divded today against him. He was 100% wrong in his ways and methods. he should suffer for being selective. No body has ever fought corruptionin Nigeria. We still remain the most currupt till date in the whole world and most of it happen under the supervission of Ribadu and OBJ. Both of them had the opportunity to re write Nigerian History, but the faild. You now come to tell me that he is a hero. na waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OBJ is the most corrupt leader and yet WAZIRI & CO allows him to walk freely. Pls dont tell me about Ribadu being 100% selective. Let Waziri & co be 200% selective but let them fight Corruption. Its abvious that she has turned EFCC into a debt recovery organisation and no longer a corruption fighting or prevention agency.

At the end of the day WE wont forget those who fought their enemies but We will never remember those who closed their eyes to the sins of their friends.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by baslone: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2009
You are making sense joo!
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by sayso: 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
Why can't this Nuhu R case get off NL
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by Nezan(m): 4:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
I am tired of hearing this guy's name, abeg.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by sherrylo: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2009
Ribadu is really becoming a hero and don't be surprise he will soon return to Nigeria with full protection.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by MUNEER2(m): 7:57pm On Sep 24, 2009
chosen04:

At the end of the day WE wont forget those who fought their enemies but We will never remember those who closed their eyes to the sins of their friends.
@chosen4
This is the most reasonable conclusion about this matter, it's closed!

kodos to you manwink
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by OAM4J: 12:38am On Sep 25, 2009
chosen04:

Yah man! I agree with you into to. I don’t care if Ribadu was selective, at least the selective-selected ones were corrupt. Let Waziri deal with those Ribadu left out. Mine is - Deal with them all weather friend or foe.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by MrCrackles(m): 12:40am On Sep 25, 2009
Enjoyment1:

In Nigeria, he who plays the piper doesnt necessarily dictate the tune!. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sums it all up. . . .
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by sley4life(m): 2:19am On Sep 25, 2009
when will ribadu matter end
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by playahP(m): 2:35am On Sep 25, 2009
i hate it when people that don't live in nigeria talk about nigeria especially when they don't know shit
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by ud4u: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2009
verycute:

That where we got it all wrong. what kind of hero is he becoming. why should a reasonable government worker be selective in his fight agaist corruption. OBJ remains the most corrupt leader we ever had here. Yet Ribadu could not do anything to him. are u telling me that its only OBJ enemies that are currupt. lets be honest, if Ribadu fought a good fight, no body will be divded today against him. He was 100% wrong in his ways and methods. he should suffer for being selective. No body has ever fought corruptionin Nigeria. We still remain the most currupt till date in the whole world and most of it happen under the supervission of Ribadu and OBJ. Both of them had the opportunity to re write Nigerian History, but the faild. You now come to tell me that he is a hero. na waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

True talk jare.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by verycute: 9:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
If anyone can defend Ribadu, then some other people can also defend waziri, but you see, I defend none of them. I said before that no body has ever fought corruption in Nigeria including the selective Ribadu. its all an idea to legitimize illegal government. How can any one defend Ribadu who sees to thieves and b/c one belong to his friend, he alows him and go for the other one and not even to fight corruption, but to make sure he don't return to office. its a pity. All corruption fights are lip service. I want to see Ribadu in Prison someday.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by baslone: 9:31am On Sep 29, 2009
verycute:

That where we got it all wrong. what kind of hero is he becoming. why should a reasonable government worker be selective in his fight agaist corruption.

Selective or not, at least he made an attempt towards the
right direction. Why didn't he go after the Soyinka's, Oshimole's,
Gani's. I can't remember him chasing an innocent person.

If Yara'dul could persist Waziri to go after his own enemies who
equal as thieves, and the next president does the same. I believe
the level of klepto sanity would have improved because the fear of
tommorrow's government will put every government official on their
feet.
Re: Suit Against Ribadu Adjourned Till October 2 by verycute: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2009
This whole idea of each person fighting his own enemy is what has put us where we are today. Lets look at this way again. If every COURT should give justice only to their friends and then throw their enemies into prison. If every Government official should only favour their friends and concentrate on their towns and communities. If ever Doctor in our government hospitals should treat only their friends and leave their enemies. Many times when we defend people, we dont stop to listen to ourself. If you want to be a hero, go for every currupt person. It is only when someone does that that we can all come out to clap. Peter and paul cannot go out to steal and you put peter in prison and alow paul to go rest of his life. Its painful and its only on that note that I condem Ribadu . If he really fought corruption, how many government or should i saw Governors are in jail. pls lets think b/4 we make our posting.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Feel Sorry For Mutallab / Marijuana Laws / On Blast! The Sins Of Hon.emeka Nwajiuba Lives With Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.