Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,159 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know (31393 Views)

The Proposed Oshodi-Abule Egba BRT Route: 11 Things To Know (PHOTOS) / The Proposed MKO Abiola International Airport Osogbo, Osun State (Photo) / The Proposed Umueri International Cargo Airport: 8 Facts To Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by tplacid: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
I think with N845 billion a lot can be done to Lagos that will bring about rapid economic development that with dwarf the development of major cities of the world.

In scale of preference construction of a bridge that will cost that much shoudn't even be on the list.
A lot of roads can be tarred with that amount ( remeber we have a lot of untarred roads in Laogs)
The housing industry can be developed with that amount such that quality houses will be available to all at a reasonable cost, this excludes the employment that will be generated through this eg developers, furniture experts, construction engineers and a whole lot more
Transport industry will have a huge turnaround with that kind of money.

This is just my candid opinion.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by bigtt76(f): 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
Trust me the amount saved in compensation is greater than the cost of the bridge.

opalu:
There is no wisdom in saving thousands of houses thereby resulting in the project cost running into hundreds of billions!!
As a Civil Engineer, I understand that when you alter the alignment of the highway leading to the bridge, you automatically increase of decrease the cost of construction. In this case, I could advise the state government to reduce the length of this bridge! There are certain points of closest proximity whereby the 4th Mainland bridge could be the shortest. It is called line of best fit.

I just want to be sure contractor or financier is short-changing the government. My M.Sc project was on the Extension of the Structural Lifespan of the 3rd Mainland bridge. I discovered several troubling issues that both my professors or the professionals representing the FG on the project did not know. Truth is that the 4th Mainland doesn't have any business being that long or that costly. I am entitled to my views. No govt person should call my number!

God help Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by KayodeAjani: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
Cool
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by fistonati(m): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
Ask who d contractors is bad discover it's tinubu
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Safari29: 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2016
very good
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by abike12(f): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nice one OP
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by loffyloffy: 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
prosperity2016 :
the worst injustice in the hx of mankind is the failure of FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE NORTH TO CONNECT BONNY ISLAND TO PORT-HARCOURT.
despite raking billions of naira yearly from the place.

Really..

Gej was there for almost 6 years with oil price at its highest ever..he didn't conceive talk less of building the Bonney bridge..you are here now condemning Bihar in an economic recession.

the state govt should prioritise it..just like Lagos is doing for this 4th mainland bridge

8 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by rhektor(m): 9:12pm On Aug 09, 2016
kennyman2000:
Looking at the cost of the bridge. Got nothing to say than "money dey where he dey"

I am here to read people's comments but with your comment I think I should buy a plot here cos you just said my mind grin grin grin
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Very useless country...... Nothing works
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by demsid(m): 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
bigtt76:
Trust me the amount saved in compensation is greater than the cost of the bridge.

trust you? You be govt quantity surveyor? Who u epp gan gan....

Govt using bridge to embezzle since time memorial
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Josmila(m): 9:32pm On Aug 09, 2016
Handsomecole:
Will it be finer than Onitsha head bridge?? cheesy grin

It will be finer than the tail sef
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Harwoyeez(m): 9:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
I share your sentiments too but according to the commissioner, its at no cost to the state government that's d reason so many finance houses key into the said project. D cost would have reduced if d various realignments was not done which would have seen d bridge shorter than d said km. Anyhow n anyway, its a good development
Waspy:
For that amount (N844 billion) and the present economic conditions of the country, I would prefer if a power plant or refinery or functioning industries or at least a Mega rail project is done

Long term Revenue generating and Job creating projects are what we as Nigerians should be thinking of.. .Not some fancy bridge that will take up little available monies and huge loans/ debts

But then, what do I know. When we get to the bridge. ..

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by CuteTj(m): 9:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
Waspy:
For that amount (N844 billion) and the present economic conditions of the country, I would prefer if a power plant or refinery or functioning industries or at least a Mega rail project is done

Long term Revenue generating and Job creating projects are what we as Nigerians should be thinking of.. .Not some fancy bridge that will take up little available monies and huge loans/ debts

The project is primarily going to be funded by Access bank including other private investors and not by LASG (even LASG's contribution will not come once but may be spread throughout the duration of the project).

Its a long term revenue generating project.

Its going to create a lot of jobs (both skilled and unskilled) including some small business owners (cement seller, nail seller etc) will make money.

Huge debt in itself is not bad provided the debt was incurred in the process of making more money ( a case where the project invested in allows profit to be generated and at the same time allows the debt to be repaid as at when due).

5 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by klbakare(m): 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
opalu:
There is no wisdom in saving thousands of houses thereby resulting in the project cost running into hundreds of billions!!
As a Civil Engineer, I understand that when you alter the alignment of the highway leading to the bridge, you automatically increase of decrease the cost of construction. In this case, I could advise the state government to reduce the length of this bridge! There are certain points of closest proximity whereby the 4th Mainland bridge could be the shortest. It is called line of best fit.

I just want to be sure contractor or financier is short-changing the government. My M.Sc project was on the Extension of the Structural Lifespan of the 3rd Mainland bridge. I discovered several troubling issues that both my professors or the professionals representing the FG on the project did not know. Truth is that the 4th Mainland doesn't have any business being that long or that costly. I am entitled to my views. No govt person should call my number!

God help Nigeria.

Please share your amazing discoveries about 3rd mainland bridge here. I love researches. Thank you, God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
Make I quickly rush go find one or two plots of lands buy somewhere around where the bridge go pass
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by semitunde: 9:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
opalu:

God help Nigeria.

Most, if not all of your fears would have been taken into consideration before coming up with the present scope.
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Spiff20(m): 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2016
prosperity2016:
the worst injustice in the hx of mankind is the failure of FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF THE NORTH TO CONNECT BONNY ISLAND TO PORT-HARCOURT.
couldn't agree more with you, that's shows the depth of insensitivity, highest level of neglect, and lowest power of insight from both FG and SG
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by bluecircle470: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
oriakofe:
wait...... for how long. construction duration.

3 years as i read two months back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Raydos: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
Waspy:

Lemme Enlighten You

This Project Is Funded By Investors And Not The Lagos State Government.

So Are You Telling Me Investors Are Responsible For The Penury In Nigeria?

844billion Is Not Gonna Be Used For The Construction Of The Bridge Alone, Part Of It Will Be Used To Compensate Those Who Are Affected, I Mean Those Who Their House Will Be Demolished.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by DIVINE78: 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
opalu:

God help Nigeria.
Have you conducted underwater test on your so called line of best fit? What is the depth of the water in such areas? What about the bearing capacity of the soil underwater?
Why is Lagos Ibadan express not a straight line? Why is the road that connects England to France not as the crow flies?
What makes you think you're suddenly more intelligent than Ambode and Lagos state works department?

11 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by TEYA: 10:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
prosperity2016:
Your mate Lagos is building 38km bridge you are here waiting for buhari to link bonny island to port Harcourt. Una go wait tire!

6 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by highwaist: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
The money is too much oo,that money can transfrom lagos mainland infrascturally.majority of lagos revenue comes from mainland and mainland is under develop.its more economic wise to use that money develop mainland
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by tunapawizzy: 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
No7 is very important to me
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by atirolu(m): 10:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
DaudaAbu:
Ambode's dualization of epe road to its boundary with ogun state also another laudable achievememt

This is an LG that is as old as the state itself yet remain
backwards infrastructurally

Thank you my bro na so we see tings happening God bless ambode

1 Like

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by erico2k2(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2016
DisGuy:

The SG and private can pull it off no?
Nha to massive for them to take up ,but the Fg has massive interest and investment there no?
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by erico2k2(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
DIVINE78:

Have you conducted underwater test on your so called line of best fit? What is the depth of the water in such areas? What about the bearing capacity of the soil underwater?
What makes you think youre suddenly more intelligent than Ambode?
cos he is a civil Engineer,Ambode is Not, and it will take Ambode 6 intelligent years of his life to be one, answered?
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by DisGuy: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
erico2k2:

Nha to massive for them to take up ,but the Fg has massive interest and investment there no?

Too massive? The private sector/World bank will definitely take it on as long as it's feasible

The state government will reap the rewards forever with tolls and taxes -that's the oil city!!
cant believe anyone will wait for an irresponsible FG - that in itself is irresponsible!
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by obailala(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2016
prosperity2016:
In the last 17 years, the north has held sway for just over 3 years; even a niger-deltan ruled for the last 5 years before the current set of people. So I really wonder what this continuous obsession of north did this, north did that etc comes from; sometimes one begins to wonder whether the people making these comments everyday are even in Nigeria.

By the way, why is this lamentation being done in this thread?... I thought the 4th mainland bridge is a state government initiative?

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
At 38km (25.3 miles) long, it will be the longest bridge in Africa, and will be thrice the length of the 3rd Mainland bridge.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
prosperity2016:
What of the son of soil,that refused to help. The ineffectual buffoon aka ogogoro master aka stealing is not corruption.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by erico2k2(m): 11:02pm On Aug 09, 2016
DisGuy:

Too massive? The private sector/World bank will definitely take it on as long as it's feasible

The state government will reap the rewards forever with tolls and taxes -that's the oil city!!
cant believe anyone will wait for an irresponsible FG - that in itself is irresponsible!
Not with the current state of affairs in NIgeria, we had same issue in |Delta state, it was the so called thieving governor who took it upon himself to build the bridge ,during his tenure IBORI.H ignored all and finished the bridge 9 months.The govt of today are too greedy,if it favors the common man then Nahhhh
Re: The Proposed 4th Mainland Bridge: Top 10 Facts You Should Know by erico2k2(m): 11:03pm On Aug 09, 2016
BlackMaria:

What of the son of soil,that refused to help. The ineffectual buffoon aka ogogoro master aka stealing is not corruption.
Wel done for the insults, but get sense STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION, 2016 still you this ignorant angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ten Worst Places To Live In The World / Top 10 Most Visited Cities In Africa / Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.