Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency (1687 Views)

Why My Father Is Not Aware Of Poor State Of Aso Rock Clinic –zahra / "I Am Not Aware Of President Buhari's Health Status" - Femi Adesina / Padding: Presidency Slaps Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by midolian(m): 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
The budget padding controversy took a different turn on Tuesday as the Presidency denied knowledge of any padding in the budget presented to the President for his ascent.

Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Senator Ita Enang, and his counterpart in the House of Representatives, Hon. Ismail Kawu, told newsmen in Abuja that the budget signed by the President which is being implemented was not a padded budget.

Senator Enang who spoke after over three hours meeting with the national leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) said in legislative palace, there was nothing like budget padding, pointing out that when the a budget is presented to the National Assembly, it is expected that they deliberate and pass it as they deem fit.

The former Chairman of the House committee on Appropriation, Abdulmumini Jubrin, had accused Speaker Yakubu Dogara, his deputy and two other principal officers of being the brain behind the budget padding.

However, while the controversy rages on, a group lawmakers which identified itself as Transparency Group had accused the executive arm of government of not free from the blame either on the issue.

Enang however, refused to give details of their meeting with the APC leadership, pointing out that they have all been asked not to make further public comment on the issue as the party was handling it as a family affair.

He said: “I am here on the invitation of the leadership of the APC with my colleague to bring answers to issues raised by the party on the 2016 Appropriation and we have been with the party for a little over three hours. We have given explanations to them on every issue and told them that there was nothing, to our knowledge, like padding of the budget.

“The budget as assented to by Mr. President is the budget as passed by the National Assembly and that is the budget being executed.

“But as of now, the party is handling it as a domestic issue, and all of us are enjoined not to make public comment on the details because the matter is still under consideration.

“So, that is what we will want to say for now, we will not want to go into the details of it so that we will not breach the ethics of the party, the directives of the party or pre-empt anything or any outcome of the party investigation.”

Asked whether the Presidency was giving the Leadership of the House of Representatives a clean bill over the issue, he said “I will want to say that we came here as persons who works as liaison officers on the budget because the party had questions for us and we came to make clarifications on the issues raised.

“We have made those clarifications and would not want to draw any conclusion. Please let us not go too far by mentioning any office. Let it be that the two of us appeared before the party.

“In all our years of legislative engagement, we are yet to find in the legislative lexicon the word ‘padding’. When the budget is presented before the legislature, the legislature is to consider the budget and pass as they deem fit. So what the legislature pass becomes the appropriation upon accent. Therefore, any word which is yet to crystallize in legislative lexicon, you cannot hear us mention it.”

https://www.today.ng/news/national/165053/aware-budget-padding-presidency
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by HungerBAD: 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2016
Huh?

Honestly,I have no comments.

3 Likes

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by midolian(m): 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by PaulIdu: 9:14pm On Aug 09, 2016
LMAO
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by midolian(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2016
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Progressive01(m): 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2016
Now, isn't this the biggest horseshit I've ever heard my whole life??
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Dannyset(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
It's obvious that Jibrin is on his own on this issue. This is our problem in this country. Why not let the Police do their job since they've opened up investigation on it. The Presidency want to die this one too same way they did to Saraki's.
We will see where Al these lead.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by TheFreeOne: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Really

But Buhari agreed the budget was padded though claimed he has never heard the word padding until this year Na.

So senator Enang can you please tell us another story

https://www.nairaland.com/3103771/never-heard-word-padding-until

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Descartes: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
“In all our years of legislative engagement, we are yet to find in the legislative lexicon the word ‘padding’.

Budget padding is NOT corruption-Dogara cheesy
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Funlordjnr: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
angry

HABA! Which kind lie be dis na?

Maka why?
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Descartes: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2016
Which version of the padded budget are you not aware that is padded?
Is it the Presidency, Senate or House of Representatives? grin
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
grin
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by PaulIdu: 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2016
HungerBAD:
Huh?

Why are you saying Huh? Even a decorated zombie like you is doubting change small small..Hahahahaha Zombies under Tinubu be like we don't understand Cassandra again oo because he is doing like like dat like shoki grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Oasis007(m): 9:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
undecided

If PMB eventually sweeps Jibrin allegations on Budget paddling against Dogara and Co under the Carpet, I will officially resign my support for him and his administration!

I'm ain't a blind Follower, and my loyalty belongs to Nigeria not a particular Individual or a Political Party!

I will also believe that the Presidency is only witch-hunting the Opposition with the Anti-corruption Crusade!

I am following Jibrin's Handle and his Tweets, and I can authoritatively say that he's not an Empty Kettle!

PMB shouldn't be biased and selective! Dogara and Co shouldn't be shielded from being probed! They should be questioned by the EFCC, arraigned and tried justly, and if found guilty; They should be penalized accordingly!

If the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki is standing Trials, I'm seeing no reason why a mere Speaker would seem above the Law!

PMB should be neutral and just - he should authorize EFCC to investigate the allegations made by Jibrin, probe the alleged Reps or forget the cosmetic War against Corruption or Indiscipline!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by JossyOloye(m): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2016
that's their family problem. its none of our business
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by dunkem21(m): 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2016
PaulIdu:

Why are you saying Huh? Even a decorated zombie like you is doubting change small small

No make me vex for this thread o angry

Allow master zombies howl, zomb and eat themselves up cheesy

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by dockokwus: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
Of course they wud side with Dogara for the simple reason that if the presidency admits,it wud indict itself and show the gross incompetency of a president that took pictures of reading the budget and yet the president,VP and budget minister couldn't see the billions of inserted projects.
That all camera show of pmb reading the budget under a candlelight with the VP and budget minister is a classical example of what people term "busy doing nothing. "

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Chai! Thank God no be opposition party, Malami would av take actions, even EFCC and DSS will never rest on top of the matter.
Seallllllllllllll all his properties and Resign will be the new ringtone of all APC chieftain...
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by TheFreeOne: 9:40pm On Aug 09, 2016
Funlordjnr:
angry

HABA! Which kind lie be dis na?

Maka why?

Dem Dem don dey take style sweep am under carpet be dat o.

APC CHANGE CHAINS.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by drss2(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2016
honestly dis week have been so hard for zombies. grin brutal news every wia grin grin i don dey pity dem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by dikeigbo2(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
Presidency, Presidency, una too much ..una dey break records and dey win laurels like tomorrow no dey.
Keep it on and more grease to una elbows.

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by youngeagle(m): 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2016
How will they know when all their senses has bn padded....
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by drss2(m): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2016
TheFreeOne:
Really

But Buhari agreed the budget was padded though he has never heard the word padding until this year Na.

So senator Enang can you please tell us another story

https://www.nairaland.com/3103771/never-heard-word-padding-until
they know d budget was padded. they just want to save face. they will indict demselves if they admit national budget was padded - if they do, it irrevocably means dat d dullard signed a padded budget.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2016
Oasis007:
undecided

If PMB eventually sweeps Jibrin allegations on Budget paddling against Dogara and Co under the Carpet, I will officially resign my support for him and his administration!

I'm ain't a blind Follower, and my loyalty belongs to Nigeria not a particular Individual or a Political Party!

I will also believe that the Presidency is only witch-hunting the Opposition with the Anti-corruption Crusade!

I am following Jibrin's Handle and his Tweets, and I can authoritatively say that he's not an Empty Kettle!

PMB shouldn't be biased and selective! Dogara and Co shouldn't be shielded from being probed! They should be questioned by the EFCC, arraigned and tried justly, and if found guilty; They should be penalized accordingly!

If the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki is standing Trials, I'm seeing no reason why a mere Speaker would seem above the Law!

PMB should be neutral and just - he should authorize EFCC to investigate the allegations made by Jibrin, probe the alleged Reps or forget the cosmetic War against Corruption or Indiscipline!

U want to discover mungo park be that (in korede's voice)

You go wait tire! Dogara in padding the budget was working with Buhari loyalist

If they throw Dogara under the boss he will spill the beans

Don't see Dogara facing trial!
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
This Government is a government of chop i chop, no wahala. But chop no give me, I send efcc, icpc, dss, police, bloggers, ants, zombies, afonjas, etc after you.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by freeze001(f): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
Any need for drama again? Where are those reprobate zombies? Every tribal bigot and gullible believer that so much as campaigned for this government at any level must have justice served to then cold. A slow, painful death would just be too good.

Presidency is not aware abi? Y'all deserve to be stripped n paraded before the public till you're cured of your foolishness.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Almajiri1: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2016
This APC government appears more clueless than we all previously thought.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Luizville(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2016
This is just too much.
Buhari is not a corruption fighter but rather a witch hunter
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Sleekydee(m): 10:46pm On Aug 09, 2016
Endtime Padding....$1000 says this padding issue will be swept under the carpet(not even rug), anyone?
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
lolssss.... Everyday Buhari and his fellows keep exposing themselves. ..

I wish I cud see Beremz face each day dea is a new exposure
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by Mylove55(f): 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
Progressive01:
Now, isn't this the biggest horseshit I've ever heard my whole life??
yea! u are right, this is d biggest shit by people around buhari, anyone that tried to cover this shit wil be stain with d stil, pmb cannot even risk be rub with this big shit that is smelling everywhere. but i am not disappointed yet.
Re: We Are Not Aware Of Budget Padding – Presidency by MENZPRIDE(m): 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Edo Elections: Caption This Picture Of Ize Iyamu, Dan Orbih & Ikimi / SHAMEFUL! How PMB ‘supergoofed’ In Germany (video Asorock Don’t Want U To See) / Hilarious Photos Of Those Who Recently Visited President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.