Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted (807 Views)

I Just Got Betrayed By My Girlfriend(someone I Thought Is A Wife Material) / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like. / Someone I Called Idiot Turned My Crush, I Can Not Control Myself Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted by dearbunmi(f): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2016
Dear Bunmi,

I was raped at 17 by someone I trusted. I was a virgin at that time and it took me a while to handle and get a grip of my emotions. It's been six (6) years and in those 6 years, it's been difficult to have a relationship.

I have tried but I end up destroying the relationship myself or breaking up. I dated people that loved me but I couldn't feel the love. I think I need help! I have been single for a year now and I think it's time to try but I'm not so sure I can handle having a relationship.

Wunmi

Click below to see my response
http://dearbunmi.com/i-was-raped-at-17/

Do you have any relationship questions?
ask@dearbunmi.com

Re: I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted by Engrobiorah(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2016
La click la bend

2 Likes

Re: I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted by Mary19: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2016
Im sorry for this act all you need is a therapy.
Re: I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted by mizzbouqui(f): 9:10am On Aug 10, 2016
Eeyah cry
She just have to be determined and forget about her past
Life goes on, she shouldn't allow her past hunt her present or future
Re: I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted by Jay542(m): 9:22am On Aug 10, 2016
There's no special therapy than to move on. That's the only way you can forget the past. Do what your mates are doing. Get yourself busy.
Re: I Was Raped At 17 By Someone I Trusted by chachanga: 11:01am On Aug 10, 2016
Yhu've gotta go for some serious counselling.
Make peace with yourself; no need to keep on having sleepless nights when your rapist is eating well and sleeping soundly elsewhere.

Empower yourself in whatever ways you feel best.
Channel your rage; stroll over to the sports center & get into martial arts/self defence. Yeah, learn how to beat the shytt out of any would-be rapist you could ever come across again grin.

Make this your Crusade. Forge a vision out of seeing yourself live free of the scars of your past as well as emancipating, enlightening & empowering other victims along the path of recovery & wholeness.

Join groups, attend workshops, write, plan, organize & stage your own plays, seminars & symposiums, believe me, we'll attend & heed you.
Just stop allowing that one incident from the past leach your zest, joy &passion for life. Free yourself, it's a big world, one life, live it well!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Afraid To Love.. Episode 1 / Pre Wedding Photos Of A Nairalander's Friend / I'm Wide Open....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.