Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,351 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

When Last You Check Your HIV Status? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Last You Check Your HIV Status? (13990 Views)

HIV Status Is Indeterminate / Ladies Check Your Bra Now. / Family Of 4 Show Their HIV Status: Wife Positive, Husband & Daughters Negative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by drkells(m): 10:35am On Aug 11, 2016
Pls like my page our Facebook for more ideas,lesson and lecture on fighting viruses and other infections. Dr kells phytotheraphy herbal clinic
LordCenturion:
I did some test today, including blood pressure and some other minor tests,then I decide to do the HIV test for the first time in my life , immediately doctor hear HIV Test, he started speaking in tongue (he started consoling me even before the test) grin grin, he was talking to me as if am already positive although I was a little bit worried and scared to the extent that I nearly quit it, but I take a courage, after the test,he then started telling me some stories before the arrival of the results,actually I was relief immediately I got my results grin grin grin
My Question is how often someone should go for another One?
And when last u check your HIV Status

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by drkells(m): 10:36am On Aug 11, 2016
Pls like our page on Facebook for more ideas,lesson and lecture on fighting viruses and other infections. Dr kells phytotheraphy herbal clinic
LordCenturion:
I did some test today, including blood pressure and some other minor tests,then I decide to do the HIV test for the first time in my life , immediately doctor hear HIV Test, he started speaking in tongue (he started consoling me even before the test) grin grin, he was talking to me as if am already positive although I was a little bit worried and scared to the extent that I nearly quit it, but I take a courage, after the test,he then started telling me some stories before the arrival of the results,actually I was relief immediately I got my results grin grin grin

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 11, 2016
MsFaith:
Me dey here dey laugh people's comments, I have never done the test before in my life grin

Lols u c wetin I dey talk?buh ask her if she's ever had unproteced sex or made her hair.....hmmm y'all knw d answer 2dat
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 11, 2016
JohnieWalker:

Continue checking every month you will soon see what you are looking for

Hahahaha this had me laffing.. E b lyk guy wey him babe dey fb,nairaland,2go,badoo,wechat,watsapp,bbm,snapchat,instagram,facetime and stil wan dey look tru d girl's phone bro u go c wetin go end d relationship..lols
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Akalia:
I did mine last at the NYSC orientation camp. Lately I have engaged in some random unprotected sex with random females. I am quite scared but I guess I will go do it sometime this month. Thanks OP.

Eya..anoda tin dat helps is being a blood donor it'l tend to keep u in check nd even healthwise 2
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by dasparrow: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2016
@Post

I did one sometime last year because I was about to donate blood to my boss at work who was going for surgery to have her fibroid removed. In fact, several tests were conducted: HIV, hepatitis, and many more. They had to make sure my blood is pure before donating to someone else. Best part is, my boss' health insurance paid for all the tests conducted. I did not have to pay a kobo. And since I don't go about merging my private part with that of another and I don't go exchanging body fluids with anybody, I was very calm whilst awaiting my results because I knew nothing dey shele. I consider it one of the advantages of living the celibate life. You never have to worry about anyone infecting you with diseases especially when you don't work in the health care sector.

4 Likes

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Rolandken(m): 11:06am On Aug 11, 2016
unbranded13:
oga, u need to check ur HIV status every three months. for example, a person can be tested negative this month and in the next three may be positive. the three month period is called window period.

HIV test every three months. That thing youre looking for, youd find it.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 11, 2016
kenonze:
the multiple number of times u check ur status is practically meaningless.
What matters most is your life style and the kind of job u do.
If u trust your life style and that of your partner including the job both of u do, u may not have need for barrages of checks.

Trust is a very strong word. A general check up, even if it's just once a year is very advisable, not because you were exposed, but so that you can continue living healthily and confidently.

1 Like

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2016
Rolandken:

HIV test every three months. That thing youre looking for, youd find it.

Oga if one doesn't have the virus, even if he/she checks every day, the result would keep coming negative. If anyone has it, even if he/she dodges the test for 5yrs, the inevitable would still come up. Depending on one's lifestyle and occupation, periodic testing is highly recommended.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 11, 2016
JohnieWalker:

Continue checking every month you will soon see what you are looking for

What's this supposed to mean? Going or not going for testing won't change anyone's status.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by spacyzuma(m): 11:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Luckygurl:
The first and last time I checked it was when I went for medicals about three months ago, a compulsory criteria before you start working in the company I got my placement.

Felt very indifferent about it, like what's there grin grin
There are certain things I don't get myself worked up with undecidedundecided

This is how to know fresh, untouched meat.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by addicted268(f): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2016
LordCenturion:
My Question is how often someone should go for
another One?

Lol.he was not consoling you,he was counselling you (i believe thats d normal practice)so that incase its positive,make you no go jump from sky scraper.hehe.
I did mine 3yrs ago.its not as frequent as it ought to be but i know i ll do another one next month.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by heilige(m): 12:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Already done it twice this year cheesy
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
SilvanusII:
Loool. Your grammar and spelling sha. I wonder why they do that tho. You nearly av a coronary and then they give u ur test results. Your knees nearly collapse in relief. I hear its very important, the counselling part.

Such ignorance and naivette. You should have just stuck to saying u have never had and stopped spouting that rubbish. 'Life style'? 'job'? 'partner'? 'trust'?

Stop spamming Niraland with this trash.
Change ur style
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
snowblaq:
lifestyle and the job u do only?...I doubt that....how abt medical history as well as hospital visits and transfusion history....

Yea, u are right but if u read what I wrote very well, u will see the place I mentioned "Most" important... ..

1 Like

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by horlumiday(m): 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
Y'all be thinking hiv is the only deadly disease.. what abt the rest... smh
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
aloobright17:
For the very first time,2 months now, no be fear and tension that very day ooooo.but thank God ayam negative plus grin herbie27 go do the test or
You wey dey positive, Liar!.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by ireneidiva(f): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
SilvanusII:
Loool. Your grammar and spelling sha. I wonder why they do that tho. You nearly av a coronary and then they give u ur test results. Your knees nearly collapse in relief. I hear its very important, the counselling part.

Such ignorance and naivette. You should have just stuck to saying u have never had and stopped spouting that rubbish. 'Life style'? 'job'? 'partner'? 'trust'?
See your own rubbish grammar

2 Likes

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by aloobright17: 1:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
herbie27:
You wey dey positive, Liar!.
go do urs first.I know u are the I don't like condom type.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by SilvanusII(m): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2016
kenonze:

Stop spamming Niraland with this trash.
Change ur style

So says the queen of dustbins. Sweetheart, ain't nobody envying ur stinking crown. Get tested. Get educated.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by blackfase(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
June 13th precisely. Actually went for a blood sugar test and unwittingly ended up at the HIV test booth lol....
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2016
aloobright17:
go do urs first.I know u are the I don't like condom type.
whether i'm positive or not, e no consign you.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
[s]
SilvanusII:

So says the queen of dustbins. Sweetheart, ain't nobody envying ur stinking crown. Get tested. Get educated.
[/s]

Misbegotten.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by aloobright17: 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
herbie27:
whether i'm positive or not, e no consign you.
it concerned me a whole lot because ayam a concerned citizen of the federation and we're on the fight against Hiv.be kind nd stop spreading it across.abeg don't be that heartless.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by SilvanusII(m): 1:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
ireneidiva:

Chile, when u KNOW u think better, get back @ me. We ain't, the both of us, on the same freq. Bye bitch!

kenonze:
[s][/s]

Misbegotten.

Same applies to u dear. Better born unintended than born THE MISTAKE if u ask me.
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
ireneidiva:

Don't mind that lunatic.. trying to spam NL with copied and paste grammar he got from gabage
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by Osemond123(m): 2:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
Don't know

Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by NnamdiN: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2016
I check myself at home with peace of mind. check my signature to check yourself at home too wink
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by charlesucheh(m): 4:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
LordCenturion:

you're supposed to check your status after every three months of checking it!
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by kingmsookwagh(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
orekelewa09:
#

Answer the question and stop telling us what we know already
Speak for ya self! MALU,
Re: When Last You Check Your HIV Status? by charlesucheh(m): 4:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Osemond123:
Don't know
Omo! You dey Vex OoooooooOooooO!!LMAO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NAFDAC Confiscates 35 Containers Of Tramadol / 85% Of Mad People In Nigeria Are Youths - Medical Doctor / US Widow Awarded $23.6bn Tobacco Payout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.