Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails (2831 Views)

Nipost Adopts 3 Word Addresses / Are People Actually Receiving Their ‘mavro-2016-contributions’? / Help!!! Nipost Has Dealt With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by UmuahiaPrince: 4:35am On Aug 11, 2016
The services of Nigerian postal services NIPOST should be scrutinized on why they kept collecting money from Nigerians when they are receiving registered mails which the senders have already paid for delivery. It is also noted that other registered courier services don't do that, then why must we pay to collect our mails.
This unethical and a rip off Thee Nigerian Government must correct this anomaly

Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by Horlufemi(m): 4:40am On Aug 11, 2016
UmuahiaPrince:
The services of Nigerian postal services NIPOST should be scrutinized on why they kept collecting money from Nigerians when they are receiving registered mails which the senders have already paid for delivery. It is also noted that other registered courier services don't do that, then why must we pay to collect our mails.
This unethical and a rip off Thee Nigerian Government must correct this anomal
How do we stop this nonsense
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by SamMilla1(m): 4:40am On Aug 11, 2016
What do you expect when every little money they used to make to sustain themselves have been channeled to one evil vault called TSA which is guided by emperor Napoleon of the North.
When a snake is pushed to the wall, it has no other option than to turn around and bite.
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 11, 2016
In the US, most registered mails are cash or other valuables so if you risk sending such with Nigeria Post Office, na your wahala. You are even luck they only over-charged you.
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by Pavore9: 5:00am On Aug 11, 2016
SamMilla1:
What do you expect when every little money they used to make to sustain themselves have been channeled to one evil vault called TSA which is guided by emperor Napoleon of the North.
When a snake is pushed to the wall, it has no other option than to turn around and bite.

And you think this started in the last one year? Have you been living in Nigeria or better still receiving registered mails over the years?

I sent down a parcel via EMS to Nigeria, October 2014 and NIPOST (Onipanu Lagos) made my brother pay an extra N1,200 before collecting it but when the same content was sent down via a private courier firm they had it home delivered and made no demand for extra payment!

1 Like

Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by labamo07(m): 5:36am On Aug 11, 2016
It's a usual operation in most government agencies. We keep saying this is corrupt, that is corrupt, isn't that corruption? We are good at extorting ourselves in this country..............
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by kossyablaze(m): 6:03am On Aug 11, 2016
Na normal na grin
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by GMBuhari: 7:41am On Aug 11, 2016
SamMilla1:

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever

For back as 2014 Nipost have been doing that

My share /dividend certificate disappeared twice, two consecutive years , is that Buhari's fault too?

And yes I've been to. Nipost to accept registered mail they charged me money

Registered parcel, the customs charges on t he package was inflated because they made up a figure what my item is supposed to be worth

Thier corruption has nothing to do with. BUHARI

thank God for companies like banggood, ups, ems konga , Nipost staff for dey build house every every month

1 Like

Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by SmilingHarry(m): 11:53am On Aug 12, 2016
I took this issue to NIPOST and this is a response by the EMS Manager of NIPOST, Kano.

I am not holding brief for my colleagues that collect illegal fees from our customers, if the allegations are true, but at the' same time, our esteemed customers need to be enlightened. Nigeria is a member country of the UPU (Universal Postal Union), represented by NIPOST, as such, it is guided by the UPU Conventions. Parcel Clearance Fees, Parcel Handling Charges and Customs Duties on dutiable contents of items sent through d post are legitimate fees globally, w/o exception to Nigeria (NIPOST). There is a difference b/w an inland n an overseas parcel, a registered letter, a speed post letter an EMS merchandise and an EMS document/letter, and Small packet. Weight n content are d guides for defining these postal packets. While fees n charges are collected on inbound overseas parcels, EMS Merchandise (foreign), and until recently, Small Packets, no fee or charge is collected on any inbound registered letter or EMS (Document) at the point of collection. Indeed, no domestic postal packet attracts a fee at d point of delivery, except retention fee for registered letters and parcels that have exceeded 30 days from d date of arrival at the office of destination. Our customers also need to know d difference b/w d conventional post and d private couriers. The rules guiding the 2 and our modes of operations (as reflected in d tariffs) are poles apart. These, our customers need to b knowledgeable on. But again, I don't hold brief for my "smart" colleagues, if d allegations by our customers are verifiable, n proved beyond all reasonable doubts.
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by Uemah7: 11:31am On Apr 11, 2018
Personally I don't have a problem with them collecting money for receiving a package but my problem is, how do they justify how much someone is supposed to pay for a particular package?

I was at oshodi post office this morning to clear a parcel that weighs 0.23kg, I was asked to pay NGN200 naira, then I asked them to show me how they measured it to know that it's 200 naira, the woman then told me they measured in grams, alright show me...how much does 1gram go for? They couldn't provide the answer, then the other lady said I should just bring 100 naira and shouldn't worry about the rest. This is stupid to me, I will pay whatever to clear my parcel, but I need to know how you measured the payment to determine the prize, Nigerians like shady business, this should be stopped.
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by OILOFGLADNESS: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2019
Uemah7:
Personally I don't have a problem with them collecting money for receiving a package but my problem is, how do they justify how much someone is supposed to pay for a particular package?

I was at oshodi post office this morning to clear a parcel that weighs 0.23kg, I was asked to pay NGN200 naira, then I asked them to show me how they measured it to know that it's 200 naira, the woman then told me they measured in grams, alright show me...how much does 1gram go for? They couldn't provide the answer, then the other lady said I should just bring 100 naira and shouldn't worry about the rest. This is stupid to me, I will pay whatever to clear my parcel, but I need to know how you measured the payment to determine the prize, Nigerians like shady business, this should be stopped.

you were only asked to pay 200 for 0.23 abi?

when i was in calabar most parcels are free except heavy ones, the highest i paid for was my wedding gown say 250..

BUT HERE IN IKOYI POST OFFICE, THEY COLLECT DAMN 500 naira for every parcel, NO matter how small

Ii made case with them to show me the amount per weight,,, the man said they can only give 0.00 weight on 200 naIrA.

OTHERS IS 500NAIRA AND ABOVE!!!!

TOO BAD

I NEED TO KNOW THE MINISTRY INCHARGE OF POST OFFICE

ANYWAYS I TRIED MUSHIN POST OFFICE, I WILL CONFIRM IF ITS THESAME BY THE TIME MY PARCEL ARRIVES....
Re: Nipost Collecting ,money From Nigerians For Receiving Their Mails by Jess99: 11:45pm On Jan 05, 2020
Who has tried Mushin post office. I'm delivering about 4 times that are less than 0.1 kg

(1) (Reply)

Own a UAE Fully Verified Paypal For Your Online business / What Is A National Insurance Number And How Does One Get It? / Where can I buy wholesale Clearance items in the UK or US?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.