Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Mathematical Proof That 2=1. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematical Proof That 2=1. (511 Views)

17 Mathematical Equations That Changed The World (pic) / Man's Proved Mathematical Formulae Of Women Will Amaze You(must See) / Girl Explains Her Dabbing Skills In A Mathematical Way (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematical Proof That 2=1. by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 11, 2016
Let A be the price of a basket of apples and B be the price of a Bunch of bananas. If each cost #200, then mathematically,
A=B.
=> A*B can be written as A² or B². Hence
AB=B².
A² - B² = A² - AB (substituting AB for B²).
The left hand side is a difference of two squares. Hence
(A + B)(A - B) = A(A - B)
Comparing the LHS with the RHS shows clearly that
A + B = A.
But B = A, Hence
A + A = A.
2A = A,
Dividing both sides by A gives
2 = 1 QED.

1 Like

Re: Mathematical Proof That 2=1. by psucc(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2016
Nonsense!!!!

Nothing deceives more than mathematics and APC.

By the way na who see Lai Mohammed? He's gone missing in the public sphere even the media outfits are looking for him? Bounty? May be later.
Re: Mathematical Proof That 2=1. by PatEinstEin(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2016
Nice one OP cheesy cool
Re: Mathematical Proof That 2=1. by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 11, 2016
psucc:
Nonsense!!!!

Nothing deceives more than mathematics and APC.

By the way na who see Lai Mohammed? He's gone missing in the public sphere even the media outfits are looking for him? Bounty? May be later.
Hibernation mode activated by the masquerade dressing crooner. I think he's gradually coming to terms with reality.
Anyway, I'll help look for him if you want me to. Hope there's a bounty on him?
Re: Mathematical Proof That 2=1. by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 11, 2016
PatEinstEin:
Nice one OP cheesy cool
Thanks
Re: Mathematical Proof That 2=1. by Aminu212: 10:44am On Aug 11, 2016
op, can u pls help me prove that 7^999988875.666=1?

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed Waec Eng-lit Marking Scheme / School Site Or Forum Owners Come In: Whatsapp Contact N More / Yabatech On.fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.