Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo (17717 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Soludo Versus Sanusi? Who Is The Better Reformer? / "You Can't Ban Spraying, It's Our Culture" - KSA To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2009
Will Option A4 provide the best candidate to govern Anambra state as proposed by Soludo?.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by citizenY(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2009
[b]quote fro chidichris, today

"that is obj speaking through soludo.
pdp have been doing everything possible to take over the state they have reduced to nothing by making it ungovernable by the owners.
soludo is a gentle criminal and a tool of the wicked man(obj).
soludo if not his criminal mindedness, should be looking for something outside the unbrella of obj like okonjo iweala.
soludo must do his best to clean the mess arround him."

That is why we are telling Anambra people to watch out. Enough is enough. Anambra politicians have not been able to
harness the prowess of their forebears. This is another chance to put things right.

@banom

- See who's talking about censorship? You of all people?
- We all share anxieties and hope for sincere, enlightened and committed leadership, for Anambra, Other states and Nigeria.
- Is that not what I have been saying?
- Soludo has done his best in CBN. No doubt . You win some , you lose some. The current scandals in the banks indicate occurred
during his watch and he continuously assured Nigerians that the banks were healthy. Now we know better.
- What does that tell you? Lack of supervision , negligence, over confidence, sheer mischief, collusion with other interests, cover up?
- Where were the auditing team from CBN?
- Are these defects your "global standards"

You have no regard for Anambra people if you because you have underestimated its potential and what it will take to make it a success.

Have I answered your question?

[/b]
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2009
citizenY:

@banom

- We all share anxieties and hope for sincere, enlightened and committed leadership, for Anambra, Other states and Nigeria.
- Soludo has done his best in CBN. No doubt . You win some , you lose some. The current scandals in the banks indicate occurred
during his watch and he continuously assured Nigerians that the banks were healthy. Now we know better.
- What does that tell you? Lack of supervision , negligence, over confidence, sheer mischief, collusion with other interests, cover up?

You have no regard for Anambra people if you because you have underestimated its potential and what it will take to make it a success.

Not trying to shoot down the point you are trying to make there , but we are yet to get the full story on what is actually going on.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Not trying to shoot down the point you are trying to make there , but we are yet to get the full story on what is actually going on.

I was even of the opinion that you are one of those that had tried and convicted him. Tell me I was wrong.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2009
biggjoe:

I was even of the opinion that you are one of those that had tried and convicted him. Tell me I was wrong.

I don't think it is even any of your business if I have chosen to try and convict the man personally. Please focus on the topic and try to separate it from the persons discussing, you might see how personal beliefs and the main issue should not be confused on any level.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I don't think it is even any of your business if I have chosen to try and convict the man personally. Please focus on the topic and try to separate it from the persons discussing, you might see how personal beliefs and the main issue should not be confused on any level.
Ok you dont think. Fair enough.

However, it becomes my business the moment you air your opinion on a public forum which I am also a part of. Again separating topic from the persons discussing them does not make any sense because people say whatever they say because they are whoever they are.

You see, its all my business and I dont feel like separating anything from anything. Why will that hurt you.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2009
biggjoe:

Ok you dont think. Fair enough.

However, it becomes my business the moment you air your opinion on a public forum which I am also a part of. Again separating topic from the persons discussing them does not make any sense because people say whatever they say because they are whoever they are.
You see, its all my business and I dont feel like separating anything from anything. Why will that hurt you.

Since you admit to the above, then may I suggest you ignore my comments as I am just in the mood to discuss the topic/issue and not personal opinions.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Since you admit to the above, then may I suggest you ignore my comments as I am just in the mood to discuss the topic/issue and not personal opinions.

No no, you got it wrong there.

Must I be in the same mood as you? Na waa ooo.
If you dont want your opinions discussed why not do it in your room, alone. If you see me there then. . . , it means Im looking for trouble.
But while you are still in NL - - - - everything is open for discussion.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2009
and pleeeaaase, im not interested in this personal fight. ok.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2009
biggjoe:

No no, you got it wrong there.

Must I be in the same mood as you? Na waa ooo.
If you dont want your opinions discussed why not do it in your room, alone. If you see me there then. . . , it means Im looking for trouble.
But while you are still in NL - - - - everything is open for discussion.
It is not a mood thing really. I just prefer to debate the issue than thumping an individuals right to have an opinion. Generally, when it comes to politicians, and most every human, including self, I focus on the facts as I don't like to let my personal opinions cloud my judgement.

Soludo is not a hero in my book, neither do I claim the current man to be one. As much as I admit he probably did somethings right, in the same breath, I will admit he did some things wrong. So, I prefer to focus on the facts, rather than rush off praising a man whom I have little knowledge of, especially with the way things go in Nigeria. If we had freedom of information in that country, then we can all educate ourselves of what really went on rather than concluding for one side or the other at this point, knowing we do not have the full story.

As for him going for governor, I am not for it. Why? Because I see him pushing the trend we have seen over and over in that country. If we could boast of free and fair elections, then I would not be bothered at all, but since we don't, I wonder if he will also join others who have paid their way to the sit in the past or not.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

As for him going for governor, I am not for it. Why? Because I see him pushing the trend we have seen over and over in that country. If we could boast of free and fair elections, then I would not be bothered at all, but since we don't, I wonder if he will also join others who have paid their way to the sit in the past or not.

All these simply means you will not vote him if you were to be an anambrarian. Which is a personal opinion.

Now, about the trend we have seen over and over again in Nigeria; though i dont know the particular trend you are referring to but which ever one it is, is it not someone and someday that it will be changed?

Stop wondering if he will pay his way into the sit because he has everything that anambra people required for him to win the election without any rigging.

He is not my candidate ooo, he is just next best thing for me in the 2010 election.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2009
biggjoe:

All these simply means you will not vote him if you were to be an anambrarian. Which is a personal opinion.
So, you base this claim on yours on what though? I mean I don’t even know where the man stands on anything and you already concluded, conveniently I might add, that I will not vote for him?? Roflmao!!!

biggjoe:

Now, about the trend we have seen over and over again in Nigeria; though i dont know the particular trend you are referring to but which ever one it is, is it not someone and someday that it will be changed?
Huh?

biggjoe:

Stop wondering if he will pay his way into the sit because he has everything that anambra people required for him to win the election without any rigging.
Aarrrgghh!! And you base the above on what? Let me guess, you are here to tell us all what to believe without necessarily providing some reason or substantial evidence to support this? Oh brother!!

biggjoe:

He is not my candidate ooo, he is just next best thing for me in the 2010 election.

Hhhmmm. . .  . contradiction?

See, this is exactly what I was trying to avoid --- reducing the discussion to your percieved idea of what I think and how I think it. See what I mean? I even made my stance clear but you conveniently avoided it all so you can post your own take of my mind there. Can we please get back to the topic NOW?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by banom(m): 7:50pm On Sep 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

It is not a mood thing really. I just prefer to debate the issue than thumping an individuals right to have an opinion. Generally, when it comes to politicians, and most every human, including self, I focus on the facts as I don't like to let my personal opinions cloud my judgement.

Soludo is not a hero in my book, neither do I claim the current man to be one. As much as I admit he probably did somethings right, in the same breath, I will admit he did some things wrong. So, I prefer to focus on the facts, rather than rush off praising a man whom I have little knowledge of, especially with the way things go in Nigeria. If we had freedom of information in that country, then we can all educate ourselves of what really went on rather than concluding for one side or the other at this point, knowing we do not have the full story.

The simple truth you can't get into your dumb head is that you are completely powerless to stop Soludo from winning, I know what your real problem is , it is that stupid tribalism and selfish mind that was passed down to you by your miserable ancestors that is distubing you, if Soludo is from your tribe , you will probably be praising him as a proven technocrat if not the best ever.

Like i said, you can only rant your senseless opinion here in nairaland or better still cast your useless vote here, But it Is Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo for governor Anambra state 2010,

PDP= Power to the people.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Aarrrgghh!! And you base the above on what? Let me guess, you are here to tell us all what to believe without necessarily providing some reason or substantial evidence to support this? Oh brother!!

Stop guessing. If you want me to build a website and sample opinion polls from Anambra people before you will believe that Soludo is a very popular candidate in Anambra then I will surely disappoint you because I dont need to do all that for you.
Anambra is where I live and you are toooo far away from Nigeria to know who is popular and who is not. internet access will not give you everything. Sometimes you have to hear from the men on the streets.

Why is my statement on Soludo being my next best thing a contradiction to you? You have anything to say?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2009
citizenY:

@banom

Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@banom

H
ave I answered your question?

The above looked like what a spam bot will do. I have seen the exact same post from you earlier on. Whats happening.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 10:17pm On Sep 26, 2009
PDP! - Share the money! grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 8:46am On Sep 27, 2009
I will transform Anambra state into Dubai

Soludo's 1st lie b4 becoming Governor, I do not see how Soludo can possiblly turn Anambra state into a new Dubai on a monthly allocation of just over N3 Billion Naira a month or £12 million pounds. It is either he is still suffering from the de-orientation associtiated with punch drunk or in his own case Stewardship laxity and gross incompetence whilst being the Governor of Central Bank or he is high on substance abuse.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CrudeOil2(m): 8:56am On Sep 27, 2009
That was how many called him a day dreamer when he talked about recapitalization in 2004.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 9:06am On Sep 27, 2009
That was how many called him a day dreamer when he talked about recapitalization in 2004

Use your sense man, we all have common sense, he want to use £12 million pounds to transform Anambra state into Dubai in its entirety a place you can buy a luxurious flat for £12 million pounds. How is that possible, oh I see maybe his sussessor at the CBN would print N1 Trillion naira for him 4 old time sake.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CrudeOil2(m): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2009
So you mean he must solely rely on FG allocations?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by IGWEUSA(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2009
Soludo's 1st lie b4 becoming Governor, I do not see how Soludo can possiblly turn Anambra state into a new Dubai on a monthly allocation of just over N3 Billion Naira a month or £12 million pounds. It is either he is still suffering from the de-orientation associtiated with punch drunk or in his own case Stewardship laxity and gross incompetence whilst being the Governor of Central Bank or he is high on substance abuse. [quote][/quote]

Why wont you shut the phock up !! We dont need your incoherrent and silly tirades again.
Dude,that you lost 3 million naira in the stock market shouldnt give you the audacity to attack the integrity of Prof Soludo.You were not the only one that lost money in this recession.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by KnowAll(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2009
So you mean he must solely rely on FG allocations?

He can raise money internally just like Fashola, but that is reasonable, he should be saying things like he would create employment, build roads, and provide an enabling enviroment for business which would create wealth, but saying he would transform Anambra State into Dubai in 8 years, is punching way below the waist knowing he has already completed a botched job at the CBN. Politicians should stop promising what they cannot deliver. We are not idiots, the world is a global village and the sights and signs of Dubai is only a click away.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Enjoyment1(f): 11:14am On Sep 27, 2009
But indeed, I will appreciate if we could have a similar business atmosphere like Dubai. That place takes so much from our economy. Hard earned foreign exchange go out daily shocked shocked shocked. Paint a picture of us retaining all these sums (if our greedy politicians will allow anyway). angry angry angry
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by CrudeOil2(m): 11:38am On Sep 27, 2009
@Knowall,
you miscontrued what he said, turning the state dubai doesn't mean Anambra would be transformed magically into Dubai. I think what he meant was making Onitsha a trade free zone and creating an enabling business environment for investors (both local and foreign).
And Sanusi would never achieve what Soludo achieved in the banking sector.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by biggjoe(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2009
Enjoyment1:

But indeed, I will appreciate if we could have a similar business atmosphere like Dubai. That place takes so much from our economy. Hard earned foreign exchange go out daily shocked shocked shocked. Paint a picture of us retaining all these sums (if our greedy politicians will allow anyway). angry angry angry

You seem to be getting it now. business atmosphere.

Not necessarily skyscrappers, airports and subways.

Why have many people refused to see that it is just a figurative statement. Why?
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Sep 27, 2009
Crude Oil:

@Knowall,
you miscontrued what he said, turning the state dubai doesn't mean Anambra would be transformed magically into Dubai. I think what he meant was making Onitsha a trade free zone and creating an enabling business environment for investors (both local and foreign).
And Sanusi would never achieve what Soludo achieved in the banking sector.

Funny thing is the man DID NOT mention anything of this being about Trade. He simply said he would TRANSFORM the state into Dubai. How does that imply trade? Dubai has never been just about trade so why is this mention of Dubai ONLY about the trade aspect of Dubai? By the way, Anambra is not the only state where trade is of importance. Most all other eastern states can be described in the same way.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by asha80(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Funny thing is the man DID NOT mention anything of this being about Trade. He simply said he would TRANSFORM the state into Dubai. How does that imply trade? Dubai has never been just about trade so why is this mention of Dubai ONLY about the trade aspect of Dubai? By the way, Anambra is not the only state where trade is of importance. Most all other eastern states can be described in the same way.

Non can match anambra stride by stride not even abia.

Soludo should desist from making such statements.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Moves: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The Average Anambra will sees Dubai firstly as a choice trading location, and generally that is what dubai initially stood for, until recently the emmergence of its tourism and hospitality sectors, Also there is no other market that rivals Onitsha in the East, So I do think in the context of his audience the choice of comparison is more than appropriate, Soludo is not my choice candidate, , Ngige is tested & proven but would rather Soludo , emerge from the PDP than Uba, Either way one chooses to look at soludo candidacy, from his last outing at the CBN, we can all agree that he got some policy right , whilst getting some wrong, ( the extent of his cupalbility in the current banking crises is yet to be determined, mervin king is still the governor of bank of England  grin) We cannot but admit that he has some visionary qualities as that is what is lacking the nigeria today, visionary leadership, Although Previous Performance is no guarantee for Future Performance , same goes for Ngige as well,
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2009
Moves:

The Average Anambra will sees Dubai firstly as a choice trading location, and generally that is what dubai initially stood for, until recently the emmergence of its tourism and hospitality sectors, Also there is no other market that rivals Onitsha in the East, So I do think in the context of his audience the choice of comparison is more than appropriate,
The average kini?? Roflmao!!! Are you for real? I seriously disagree with that claim there. Kai!! How many of the average folks on the street know much of the history of the Dubai plan? Even lots of folks in dubai do not know Dubai for trade. Please!!!

Moves:

Soludo is not my choice candidate, , Ngige is tested & proven but would rather Soludo , emerge from the PDP than Uba, Either way one chooses to look at soludo candidacy, from his last outing at the CBN, we can all agree that he got some policy right , whilst getting some wrong, ( the extent of his cupalbility in the current banking crises is yet to be determined, mervin king is still the governor of bank of England  grin) We cannot but admit that he has some visionary qualities as that is what is lacking the nigeria today, visionary leadership, Although Previous Performance is no guarantee for Future Performance , same goes for Ngige as well,

Visionaries are a dime a dozen in Nigeria. We have never lacked them. We have simply not been able to get visionaries with the ability to turn their ideas into reality. Ask people who have experienced Oshiomole, and others like him around that country.

The Dubai mention this man will need to break down and explain. But then again, I keep having to remind myself that this is Anambra, a state in Nigeria, where the status quo seems to be what the people really want, at the end of the day. He might actually float to victory on just this statement without ever being asked to explain himself.
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by pixiechic(f): 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2009
Re: I Will Transform Anambra Into Dubai - Soludo by Moves: 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
Kobojunkie:

The average kini?? Roflmao!!! Are you for real? I seriously disagree with that claim there. Kai!! How many of the average folks on the street know much of the history of the Dubai plan? Even lots of folks in dubai do not know Dubai for trade. Please!!!
Ok, I will go a step further and say that to an average Nigerian woman  Dubai is  a trading place, tell any average nigerian woman  that you are going to dubai, they will first ask you if you are going to buy jewelry or clothing  accessories for resale=TRADE, thats is the reality in nigeria, majority dont see dubai as a tourist destination,

Kobojunkie:

Visionaries are a dime a dozen in Nigeria. We have never lacked them. We have simply not been able to get visionaries with the ability to turn their ideas into reality. Ask people who have experienced Oshiomole, and others like him around that country.
Well in Soludo's case he has shown his visionary qualities and actualisation of the vision ala recaptilisation exercise, even his worst critic s give him props for his vision on this count, howbeit his follow on action or inaction are still being debated,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? / CBN Probes Naira Depreciation In Parallel Market / Nigerians Criticise CBN’s Reliance On Dangote Refinery To Fix Naira’s Free Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.