Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,811 members, 7,844,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Must I Wear A Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must I Wear A Ring? (1070 Views)

This Lady Did All These To Her Man And Still Got A Ring! (photo) / Must I Give Her Transport Fare Every Time She Visits? / Should A Married Woman Wear A Short & Revealing Dress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must I Wear A Ring? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 24, 2009
i'm getting married soon. I've explained to my fiancee i may not be wearing my wedding band often cos i hate jewelry. She is pissed and says i wan't to cheat. She is ready to put the wedding on hold till i reassure her the band will always be on my fingers 24/7.

I don't know what the big deal is. A man doesn't need to take of his ring before he cheats. I think she is being unreasonable, she ought to understand the only thing i wear is a watch. She met me that way. pls, whom is being unreasonable, is it me?

I intend to show her the responses you guys give.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by german007(m): 6:04pm On Sep 24, 2009
Bros, IL BE HONEST WITH YOU.

You are being very very unreasonable

Women are very very sensitive and react easily to our actions or easily misinterpret our actions.   If you feel you still want to cheat , why are you getting married then?  She isnt being unreasonable, you are clearly the one being unreasonable and insensitive.   You need to turn on your sensitivity switch.

You said you hate jewelry, but a wedding ring is not just any jewelry or any ring. Its something special.

You have to think with your brain not with the thing between your legs. You clearly seem like you still want to f99K your brains out and are just getting married for the sake of it. Haven't you f((ked enuff as a young man?, haven't u chased women enuff?,   My advice to you is to wear the ring and I wish you wear it forever.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by posakosa(m): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
Aqva:

i'm getting married soon. I've explained to my fiancee i may not be wearing my wedding band often cos i hate jewelry. She is pissed and says i wan't to cheat. She is ready to put the wedding on hold till i reassure her the band will always be on my fingers 24/7.

I don't know what the big deal is. A man doesn't need to take of his ring before he cheats. I think she is being unreasonable, she ought to understand the only thing i wear is a watch. She met me that way. pls, whom is being unreasonable, is it me?

I feel you man. You have to find ways to earn her trust. I don't like jewelry either. I can't imagine wearing rings 28/7 yuuuuck!
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by iice(f): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2009
No you must not wear it. But women have a thing about it undecided Like it would really stop someone from cheating undecided

My ring doesn't come off, but he doesn't have to wear his. . . grin
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by nana(f): 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
Aqva:

Since u intend showing her all the responses u get from this site *God help u if u dont*  cheesy,I will have to tell u the truth.
U are the unreasonable one! Women appreciates things like that cos it's like a symbol of reassurance that U love 'em and that u're proud to be married. *Even tho' some men still cheat with the band on their finger*. That ring is a symbol of commitment and not just a piece of jewelry. If u aint going to wear the ring,u have to look for a way to assure her that everyhing would be alrght.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by posakosa(m): 6:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
There are MANY, MANY MEN who cheat on their wives with their wedding rings on, your boo needs to awake from her slumber, o daa mo! She no sabi am!

If you prefer a watch, may she can get you a watch. I mean your wedding ring is very important but its not soo vital IMO. Its only a symbol and if you love her in your heart, you will prove this in other ways and thru your actions.

My parents have been married for 26 yrs and both my parents DO NOT wear wedding rings. My mom only wears it on special occasions <like parties and such>
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by posakosa(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2009
What your wife should be concerned about is NOT your ring but the journey of your marriage and to make sure YOUR PANTS DON'T COME OFF with another woman, undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by StellaN3(f): 6:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
yes it's a must
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2009
posakosa:

What your wife should be concerned about is NOT your ring but the journey of your marriage and to make sure YOUR PANTS DON'T COME OFF with another woman, undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

You're being unreasonable. The wife has a right to be concerned when her man is already suggesting he doesnt want to wear his wedding ring. I dont like rings either, never worn one before but a wedding ring is not just an accessory you can do without, it is a symbol of a covenant you made with the woman you married.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by german007(m): 6:16pm On Sep 24, 2009
@posakosa.

This one's pants is def coming off with another woman.

Like I told him, If he still wants to f99k  , y is he getting married?. He's clearly not f))ked enuff in his younger days,
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by posakosa(m): 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
german007:

@posakosa.

This one's pants is def coming off with another woman.

Like I told him, If he still wants to f99k  , y is he getting married?. He's clearly not f))ked enuff in his younger days,

This is not the the two months wedding thread, undecided undecided
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by posakosa(m): 6:20pm On Sep 24, 2009
davidylan:

You're being unreasonable. The wife has a right to be concerned when her man is already suggesting he doesnt want to wear his wedding ring. I dont like rings either, never worn one before but a wedding ring is not just an accessory you can do without, it is a symbol of a covenant you made with the woman you married.

I guess its just me. Marriage should be based on trust and if im getting married to someone, ring or no ring, My soul should be at peace.

I've heard that people shouldnt' wear their wedding/engagement rings to job interviews,
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by hotstuff06(f): 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
My hubby does not wear a ring.

While we were dating 8ys ago, i noticed he never even wore a wristwatch and I asked him. He said he didn't like jewelries on him. Being a jewelrya ddict myelf, i asked if that would be a problem if i wore them cos i love jewelry, he said no. He never liked wearing jewelry and that was when he told me he never intended to waer a wedding band either.
Well 3 yrs later, he proposed, we went ring shopping and I asked him if he would wear a band if we got it, He said he told me that b4 while we were dating. Well its 5 yrs since we've been married, we never even wasted money buying him a band. I wear jewelry enough for 2 and i certainly don't have problem with my hubby not wearing a wedding band. Wearing awedding band will nto stop a man from cheating, aimoye married okunrin, cheating left and right. Its all in the heart and commitment towards each other.

I never forced it on him becos i knew he never intended to, so why is she giving herself a headache over nothing. You can have a wedding ring on each finger, if the man will cheat, he will cheat, Like i said, the commitment is fromt he heart, not from a wedding ring.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by LordReed(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2009
@hotstuff
Am glad u were able to agree wit ur hubby. Some women in their intuitive irrationality can't back down on an issue like this. I know a woman who persuaded her husband to wear a ring after more than 20 years of not wearing one.

Well Future Mrs Aqva if u are reading ball is in ur court are u gonna be intuitively irrational or are u gonna trust the love ur Aqva has for u?

Aqva, don't let her stall d wedding o! I won come chop cake n rice! lol
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2009
Wow, thanks for the opinion.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by mikesleek(m): 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2009
Is there a portion in the ring that stops a man from cheating when he wants to? What about churches dat don't do wedding rings? @poster, that's the normal insecurity in women, just talk her out of it or make her trust you better. But to think a little deeper, where is the trust?
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by mikesleek(m): 8:56pm On Sep 24, 2009
Is there a portion in the ring that stops a man from cheating when he wants to? What about churches dat don't do wedding rings? @poster, that's the normal insecurity in women, just talk her out of it or make her trust you better. But to think a little deeper, where is the trust?
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by r231(m): 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2009
COMPROMISE- even though you don't like wearing it but since u love her dat much den u have 2
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
r231:

COMPROMISE- even though you don't like wearing it but since u love her dat much den u have 2

This is the key to a successful marriage. You have to know where to sometimes bend your ego just to keep her happy.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Duduknight(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2009
Since she knows that you don't like jewelry, you will be earning brownie points by wearing the band. To her, you changed something you wouldn't do just for her. When you offend her sometimes (which you will do), she will remember the sweet gesture and maybe forgive you.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by mikesleek(m): 2:05am On Sep 25, 2009
Quite unbelievable!
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by hotstuff06(f): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2009
To each his/her own. Iin your case, Someone will have to compromise and it will be either u or ur fiancee.

The real thing here compromise, However, in my case, I did the compromise and this is because there are so many other things he also compromised on. We had the conversation years back and I knew he detested men wearing jewelries (that's just him). FYI, my father and brother are all big on jewlery which i liked oh and my mum ain't a novice to that either.
My hubby's sister was asking why I didn't MAKE HIM WEAR ONE. I cannot MAKE HIM do anything he detests, he is not a child that I would order him to go against his will on an issue such as wearing a piece of jewelry, just like he cannot do to me. Instead I will keep that altimatum power to other important issues that needs to be addressed and not on a ring. In all, its the understanding we both have that works for us. I just don't believe in forcing a spouse to do something they absolutely do not like especially if they have told you about it beforehand.
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by agathamari(f): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2009
if you love her and have no intention on cheating thn wear the f*cking ring. if you truly dont like jewlry then have her name tattooed where your ring would go. the pain of the tattoo will make you wish you just wore the damnring
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2009
Ring may not be a yard stick for fidelity.
But it's a symbol to show you are taken.

Try and do it for your wife.
It won't kill you. . . wink
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2009
if becos of a ring she will put d wedding on hold let her do it, ask does she knw hw many gals out there dat dont care about a ring, wat dey want is a man even if its a cheating man, love is from d heart not some sick metal called a ring
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
do u really have to tell her before hand if you know you are not cheating on her?
Re: Must I Wear A Ring? by Musty450(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
You know, I dont wear jewelry either, not even a wristwatch and i think rings are particularly uncomfortable; i don't see what the fuss is about a D*&M ring, symbol or not; Give the brother a break y'all "RINGERS"  tongue

I am sure we all agree that a ring aint ever gonna stop a guy from cheating if he wants to, so whats the biggie?

I guess in the end, its about compromise; somethings gotta give. I think an issue like this is too trivial to cause you 'pre-marital' problems, i am sorry to say this man but . . .

It won't kill you. . .  wink

(1) (Reply)

Can You Date Your Friend's Ex Or Can You Date Your Ex's Friend? / Can You Drop A Line On What You Think Of Nice People? / aa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.