Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi (31688 Views)

6 Reasons Buhari Is Relaxed About 2019 / This Is Why Buhari's Government Is Failing - Ango Abdullahi / Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by ajepako(f): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
Milonis:

No bro, you didn't type this, did you?

He is a full scale wailer now courtesy of hardship...

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by davidodiba(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
Some of us knew that when Buhari comes to power, Nigerians will groan and to save the day, we refused to vote for him. The has failed to prove us wrong. God , please help Nigeria!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by davidodiba(m): 8:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
davidodiba:
Some of us knew that when Buhari comes to power, Nigerians will groan and to save the day, we refused to vote for him. The has failed to prove us wrong. God , please help Nigeria!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by ANAKONDA: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
Justiyke4u:
The source makes it difficult for me to believe. After reading the article, I have to click on the link to be sure but until no one comes tomorrow to say that the post was a mistake... But then the part that interest me most was the part of fight against corruption. The mistake we make is usually to start prosecuting before gathering evidence and then how can you gather evidence in such circumstance that will enable you secure conviction? Until the first thing is done first, it may still be hard to win that fight. Arrest is usually the last thing that happens but here, the reverse is the cas
e. The very first thing that happens is arrest before investigation.

What has source got to do with such a brilliant analysis ? Does it sound to you like a scoup or something ?
You appear to be part of the failure because whoever claps for ineptitude is part of the flop.
For instance, are you sure even you understand your going round in a circle about corruption ?
When corruption thrives unabated under a government that claims to be fighting it you know its not working.

A government that is serious about fighting corruption would've been expected to sanitize the judiciary followed by the security agencies.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by proeast(m): 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
dewizzy:
LET UNIBEN LEAD

THE AFRICONTEST WRITING COMPETITION...
PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW, LIKE AND RATE THE ARTICLE ON THE PAGE. JUST ONE VOTE FROM YOU WOULD PROVE USEFUL

http://www.afritalks.com/showcase/1984-a-mothers-heart.61/
THANKS

Please share and tell others about it...
please vote for me on the page
Take this trash out of here immediately!! we are here talking about how to save this country from the dullards grip yet you have the temerity of trying to distract us with that rubbish!! Vote for you? who you epp?? you don baff Abeg commot for road jare!

3 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by Mintek: 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
psucc:
Chiefly because his education does not fit the 21st century leadership.

Concise!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by compujyde: 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
APC was a mistake, buhari was the tool used and pmb tools was propaganda, lies and blame. Many didn't see it coming until now, even many Nigerians is yet to see or agree to this.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by vislabraye(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2016
JuliettaBitch:

Dr. Malcolm Fabiyi coordinates the Governance Advancement Initiative for Nigeria (GAIN).

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/11/five-reasons-buhari-failing-malcolm-fabiyi

But his zombies say he's nit failing ! Who should we believe ?

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2016
Justiyke4u:
The source makes it difficult for me to believe. After reading the article, I have to click on the link to be sure but until no one comes tomorrow to say that the post was a mistake... But then the part that interest me most was the part of fight against corruption. The mistake we make is usually to start prosecuting before gathering evidence and then how can you gather evidence in such circumstance that will enable you secure conviction? Until the first thing is done first, it may still be hard to win that fight. Arrest is usually the last thing that happens but here, the reverse is the case. The very first thing that happens is arrest before investigation.

You couldn't have said it better. As a criminal justice Lawyer, I have always laughed at the media stunts and publicity trials embarked on by the efcc and allied agencies.

Its now crystal clear that they're not making any headway. Trials are not fought and won on the pages of newspapers. You quietly gather your evidence, prepare witnesses to be called and I assure you, you will get a conviction. All they are interested in is useless arrests and detentions, mere myopic and parochial muscle flexing typical of charlatans and amateurs.

From Dasuki gate to Olisa Metu gate, and then the cct trial of the Senate President, where did they all lead?

Nigerians must know that our judges are not as corrupt as perceived by the public. The major problem with corruption cases is shoddy prosecution and the compromising of cases by officers of government agencies because they have been settled with some wad of naira notes.

The courts rule on evidence, not sentiments, evidence which must be clear, reliable and thus able to sail through the rigours of a full trial. How often do we see these anti corruption agencies present such evidence in the course of corruption trials?

#A Lawyer's 2 percent.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by Chamber10(m): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
Firefire:

cheesy

I beg who be lacasa?

Ah...you mean you don't know lacasa? He was one of the die hard buhari supporter during election. He can send missiles to you if you ever speak against buhari. He don hibernate for nairaland now. Check his previous comments and posts.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by zeitel: 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2016
fiizznation:
All these kids above me though. This forum have become something else. You hardly read any meaningful comment except insults upon insults.

Anyway Sahara reporters got this one right. Buhari's economic policies from the onset were "ignorantly made" to put the nation into a dire situation. You don't just come onboard and try to change everything overnight. You take things one step at a time. Buhari and his economy team{if there is even anything like that} seriously need to put things in order. They just have 31months left to vacate that office, his economic team should think outside the box for once.

I saw that finance minister saying rubbish yesterday, and I'd wonder if that woman is even capable of handling a complex economy like ours. God help them all
@fiiznation, hmmmm, I hardly comment on people's post but it's like you just WAILED!!! as in you actually WAILED!!!wow....#thechangeisreallyreal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by ofwest47(m): 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
wailers will continue to wail till death do them part
here is a country who after discovering oil in 1958 went to sleep until the oil was no more valuable.
When the oil was booming was it Buhari that said money was not our problem but how to spend it even when the Kanji hydro which was planned to generate 1200 MW. and just only 320 MW. was done, another hydro Manbila to generate about 2000 MW. still remained moribund since 1982 where is Ajaokuta steel since 1977 and many other moribund industries that refused to see the light of the day after being started, what about the hundreds of road projects that littered the entire country uncompleted after being started and all these were awarded during the oil boom days but because a whole former President said corruption was not stealing, corruption became the other of the day with very high impunity as no body has ever been prosecuted for looting the country's treasury until recent time when Buhari came in. Here is a country that import every thing from tooth pick to television. importing rice beans wheat name it, from countries like India a country with over a billion population a country where we are supposed to be sending food to because of the huge population but we completely neglected our agric. potentials because of oil we did not take cue from Dubai UAE. Now that the oil has collapsed you now blame Buhari that came in just about a year ago for the sleep off that has been on going for about 60 years by the wailing wailers. take it or leave it with Buhari Nigeria will soon recover from their 60 year slumber as he has determined to fight corruption to to the last drop of his blood. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by emorse(m): 1:10am On Aug 12, 2016
JuliettaBitch:
The silly dullard is synonymous with failure and hardship... 1983 quickly comes to mind!

Lalasticlala

Really? Where were you then?
Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2016
Buhari is not educated,period!
JuliettaBitch:

Dr. Malcolm Fabiyi coordinates the Governance Advancement Initiative for Nigeria (GAIN).

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/11/five-reasons-buhari-failing-malcolm-fabiyi
Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by tosyne2much(m): 10:09am On Aug 12, 2016
psammyCUTE:
At this point in time in our lives as Nigerians, I think we need to do beyond the ordinary.

How about Nairaland becoming a political party, by virtue of the fact that it is wide-spread across the six geo-political zones and it is made up of vibrant youths, with different talents, ideas, experience and ground-breaking innovations...youths who still have "better years ahead"

Don't get it twisted.....this is no revolution...but its a conscious, yet critical effort to turn back the hands of time, and set Nigeria on course for greater glory

Nairaland is blessed with the numbers
We can get connections with other like-mind politicians who share our views
We must learn to stop trading blame games, abolish ethnic, tribal and religious sentimentalism.... but rather, we could form a consolidated and United front to take over the reins of this country, in the best of our days when our glucose level is still maximum

Lalasticlala, Mr SEUN, tosyne2much, omenka, wastedsperm, fynestboi, even you Madam OP......... don't you think you've got what it takes to be at the helm of affairs....

with 1k every month from every member of this forum, we would have enough to register our party, set up the necessary commitees,observe the necessary protocols and come 2023, Nairaland can present a presidential candidate.....cos I presume that we all want to see Nigeria work..

just doing some critical thinking here....as a progressive NIGERIAN youth..

my View!!!!!!!
#HonSamAdeOlaâ„¢
Na very good idea egbon.. cheesy cheesy Na you we go choose as our presidential candidate cheesy
Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by Ogbeifun75(m): 12:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
BUHARI and his government really need to do something urgently
Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by Angelovic96: 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
ukomko:
God please break this country.
Imaging this regime during ebola period.
God dismember this country

I can't imagine that happening now. even God will not allow it because scores will die
Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by psammyCUTE(m): 6:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
tosyne2much:
Na very good idea egbon.. cheesy cheesy Na you we go choose as our presidential candidate cheesy

make i graduate first baba mi
but if we start our party, I go support anybody wey we choose
É fit be YOU sef
Re: Five Reasons Buhari Is Failing - By Malcolm Fabiyi by davidif: 6:31pm On Jan 13, 2017
JuliettaBitch:

Great post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Okorocha Wears Army Uniform At Armed Forces Remembrance Day In Owerri / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.