Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. (1010 Views)

Which Is Preferable; Whogohost Or Web4africa? / WHOGOHOST: Why I Will Never Use A Nigerian Host Again / SEUN Deleted My Last Two Weeks Topic On MTN Magic SIM . Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Blazing99: 4:14pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello .......,

On the 9th of August, we reported a hardware failure on one of our servers "chicken server” which has led to a couple sites on the server being unavailable.

It pains us deeply to inform you that the failure has led to the irrevocable loss of all or some files (including backups) which will prevent your site from working. We’ve traced the cause to a technical failure which was noticed too late.

Affected domain: ...........com.ng

We are deeply sorry and we know that there is nothing we can say or do to compensate enough for the loss of your files and information. Over the course of today, tomorrow and the next, a senior staff of Whogohost will be reaching out to you via phone to discuss/collaborate with you on possible options to get your site back online.

You have trusted us with your website, and we’ve failed you. This is the biggest tragedy and first of its kind that this company has faced in its 9 years of existence.

We have determined to invest more in backups of backups across locations to ensure that in the event of a natural disaster or unforeseen circumstances, we can still beat our chests to say you will have your site back up in no time.

We want to plead with you - do not let this shape your experience or opinion about WhoGoHost. This will never repeat itself and you can be assured of the best customer-centric services as usual.

Should you want to discuss further rather than wait for the call, you can email me, the CEO directly via ceo@whogohost.com and I will be more than happy to discuss with you.

WE ARE VERY SORRY.

--
Toba O.
CEO, Whogohost Limited
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Blazing99: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
So you host on a Nigerian webhost, they mishandle your site. You lose all your data including your emails and there is nothing you can do? Are we not doomed in this country because of these incompetent bunch? They called me and all they told me was sorry. Is thete anyone here affected too?
#whogohost #Nigerianhosting

1 Like

Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Swizdom(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
Maybe, they told you sorry so that they would be "first to comment." No mind me o.

But how dem go do you this kind strong thing and only say common "Sorry". Like say sorry go put money for your table if you are already making money with it. They eff up big time.
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Blazing99: 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2016
Very hurtful
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by bobojoshua(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Blazing99:
Very hurtful
sorry brother. Next time use backwpup plugin. It can do cloud backup and backup to your pc.
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by thepremiumblog: 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2016
Choi, brother, we will help you get back on your feet, contact us on www.thepremiumblog.com/contact-us.html
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by hostkobo(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
not another whogohost complaint:
https://www.nairaland.com/3282426/whogohost-why-never-use-nigerian

THERES SOMETHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT:
- try and recover as much cached pages online as possible.

if your site has been online for quite a while, i can help crawl online for cached pages of your website and recover them
hit me up on whatsapp, details below

regards
HK

1 Like

Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Bigket(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
I was affected too! If you use whogohost and yet to be affected, be ready to face the consequences or change host immediately to save ur website traffic

1 Like

Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Bigket(m): 8:38am On Aug 12, 2016
My site was equally affected! All they could do was to say SORRY! The sorry aggravated my anger even more knowing there's nothing they can do about it. Too bad for our local content! Made a switch to bluehost. In this case, the devil I don't know is better than the one I know.

2 Likes

Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by zibi5: 9:17am On Aug 12, 2016
No matter how expensive always go for godaddy. #word

2 Likes

Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Blazing99: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
I have advised all my clients to go for foreign hosts. They know what hosting is all about unlike the quacks here. So far these bloody Nigerian webhosts have screwed me in a way or the other
Whogohost.com
Smartweb.com
Registeram.com
Ihostafrica.com
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Blazing99: 3:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
bobojoshua:
sorry brother. Next time use backwpup plugin. It can do cloud backup and backup to your pc.

Thanks
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by Blazing99: 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
hostkobo:
not another whogohost complaint:
https://www.nairaland.com/3282426/whogohost-why-never-use-nigerian

THERES SOMETHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT:
- try and recover as much cached pages online as possible.

if your site has been online for quite a while, i can help crawl online for cached pages of your website and recover them
hit me up on whatsapp, details below

regards
HK

How can i do that please? I dont mind recovering my contents
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by hostkobo(m): 4:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
Blazing99:

How can i do that please? I dont mind recovering my contents

what is the URL of your site.

If you are online now, msg me on whatsapp, else just pm me ur URL

regards
HK
Re: Whogohost Deleted My Website And Backups. There Is Nothing I Can Do About It. by thepremiumblog: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
When we introduce new hosting, them go dey cry see this one now o. https://www.thepremiumblog.com/best-web-hosting-we-recommended.html

(1) (Reply)

Drive Over 10,000 Unique Visitors To Your Blog/ Website / Get Your US Adsense Tax Information Number For A Token / Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.