Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview (23371 Views)

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2023
I applied for various jobs at indeed after concluding my nysc,but I couldn't secure a job in lagos.

So I decided to go back to port harcourt,to try my luck and after a day of applying. I got an email from biohuman crystal consult scheduling me for an interview.

They were three phases of the interview Writing phase,job description and oral phase.

We were about 25 in the hall taking the tests. Simple questions were asked during the writing phase and it rose my suspicion,after that the manager came for the job description and she started boasting of how she became successful as a worker here.

She took most of our time brainwashing us and telling us how the company stands above others that they are some sort of health consulting firm and they pay real well,she was self assertive.

She was asking us to stand if we want to be part of the workforce,we all stood but she insisted that she wouldn't take us all. We were now worried and anxious.

She told us that we have to make a mandatory payment of 20,000, the 20,000 is for our medical and safety wears and the first people to pay would be among the leading team.

Some stood and she directed them to another office for the payment,she left and her second took the lead.

He was asking if we could make an installmental payment of 10000 when they pay our July salary we would complete it from the salary some stood and they were directed to a separate office for the payment. I told him I could pay only 5k at that moment.

He said no wahala but I must be a man of integrity and pay the remaining balance after I receive my July salary. So I paid.

They told me they would send a text message to me and I later received it.(on the picture below)

I came for the training and it was rubbish as expected. They were just boasting on how they've made it in life and they were talking about the job.

They said they consult with different companies on how to live a healthy life,what to eat and the right way to live. We spent almost 4 hours on the rubbish training, later someone called me outside and I answered and he told me to complete the payment that I would be separated soon but the initial guy told me that I would complete the payment from my July salary.

He told me to go back to the training office,after some time I was separated and told to complete the payment before I continued the training.

I just left the premises smiling to myself. Nigerians and scam sha. You guys should be careful out there any job interview message with consult,global,HR with phone number is suspicious

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by endsarrrs(f): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2023
Mostly done by men

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 10:26pm On Jul 13, 2023
dogtails:
A simple research would have saved u from being an Idiot but regardless u have learnt ur lesson
Cc
Freiburger
r231

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by timmydame: 5:29am On Jul 14, 2023
dogtails:
Be there tagging moderators like an idiot don't learn how to mk research next time na igbo etche you go see urself...A graduate cannot mk simple research about a company that he claims invited him for interview SMH..A simple research on this forum would have saved your time and 5k but nothing dey Yr head unfortunately
Does all this bullshit you just spewed make you the research-able graduate. Abi you think it makes you wise. No talk wetin go make you see milk go drink pus. Lowlife!

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 5:46am On Jul 14, 2023
dogtails:
Be there tagging moderators like an idiot don't learn how to mk research next time na igbo etche you go see urself...A graduate cannot mk simple research about a company that he claims invited him for interview SMH..A simple research on this forum would have saved your time and 5k but nothing dey Yr head unfortunately
Shut up your mouth,I'm tagging moderators to create awareness. I am not the only person that got scammed and they are still interviewing more people

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by dogtails(m): 6:25am On Jul 14, 2023
timmydame:

Does all this bullshit you just spewed make you the research-able graduate. Abi you think it makes you wise. No talk wetin go make you see milk go drink pus. Lowlife!
U are a daft and an slowpoke if u like continue to dey mumu yrself na u sabi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by emoboy4u: 7:03am On Jul 14, 2023
No firm asks for payment from applicants for any offers.

APPLICATIONS ARE FREE
APTITUDE TESTS ARE FREE
INTERVIEWS ARE FREE
ASSESSMENT CENTERS ARE FREE
MEDICALS ARE FREE
OFFER LETTERS ARE FREE
RESUMPTION IS FREE

Most importantly, a simple google/Nairaland search can save you the stress. Those people never change. Know this, know peace!

88 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 8:43am On Jul 14, 2023
emoboy4u:

APPLICATIONS ARE FREE
APTITUDE TESTS ARE FREE
INTERVIEWS ARE FREE
MEDICALS ARE FREE
OFFER LETTERS ARE FREE
RESUMPTION IS FREE

Most importantly, a simple google/Nairaland search can save you the stress. Those people never change. Know this, know peace!
I've learnt my lesson

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by jackmrandy: 8:58am On Jul 14, 2023
BEANSANDBREAD00:
I applied for various jobs at indeed after concluding my nysc,but I couldn't secure a job in lagos. So I decided to go back to port harcourt,to try my luck and after a day of applying. I got an email from biohuman crystal consult scheduling me for an interview.
They were three phases of the interview Writing phase,job description and oral phase. We were about 25 in the hall taking the tests. Simple questions were asked during the writing phase and it rose my suspicion,after that the manager came for the job description and she started boasting of how she became successful as a worker here. She took most of our time brainwashing us and telling us how the company stands above others that they are some sort of health consulting firm and they pay real well,she was self assertive. She was asking us to stand if we want to be part of the workforce,we all stood but she insisted that she wouldn't take us all. We were now worried and anxious.
She told us that we have to make a mandatory payment of 20,000, the 20,000 is for our medical and safety wears and the first people to pay would be among the leading team. Some stood and she directed them to another office for the payment,she left and her second took the lead. He was asking if we could make an installmental payment of 10000 when they pay our July salary we would complete it from the salary some stood and they were directed to a separate office for the payment. I told him I could pay only 5k at that moment.
He said no wahala but I must be a man of integrity and pay the remaining balance after I receive my July salary. So I paid. They told me they would send a text message to me and I later received it.(on the picture below)
I came for the training and it was rubbish as expected. They were just boasting on how they've made it in life and they were talking about the job. They said they consult with different companies on how to live a healthy life,what to eat and the right way to live. We spent almost 4 hours on the rubbish training, later someone called me outside and I answered and he told me to complete the payment that I would be separated soon but the initial guy told me that I would complete the payment from my July salary. He told me to go back to the training office,after some time I was separated and told to complete the payment before I continued the training.
I just left the premises smiling to myself. Nigerians and scam sha. You guys should be careful out there any job interview message with consult,global,HR with phone number is suspicious
Cc
davide470
mukina2
uboma

RULE NUMBER ONE.

A company that want your services will never ask for money from you for any items. not to talk of medicals. last medical i did after an interview would have cost me nothing less than 20k because of the location of the hospital but guess what. the company covered the bills and didn;t deduct a dime from my monthly expectation.

the worse a company can do, is to give you those items on credits so that you can commence work then at the end of the month, they will deduct if from your salary, its rare to see company doing that especially if they need your service.

so next time learn to do your basic research before going for an interview

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Techcrunchng(m): 10:13am On Jul 14, 2023
BEANSANDBREAD00:
This activity have been going on in PH years back and they usually advertise the job vacancy on wazobia FM, have been there but was smart enough to knew it was a scam immediately I entered the premises.

Most of the people you met there pretending to be job hunters like you are the members of the scam set.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by SailorUgo(m): 10:45am On Jul 14, 2023
GNLD grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by b3llo(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2023
Hmmm..... No responsible organisation will ask or demand money from you for job placement.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by baralatie(m): 10:47am On Jul 14, 2023
When you see pay moni
Run

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2023
endsarrrs:
Mostly done by men
And mostly supported by women. angry

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by ipobarecriminals: 10:50am On Jul 14, 2023
sad they successfully SCAMMED u of 5k sad undecided sad.Trust me, if I'm the one, they'll pay interest on that 5k.I'll make sure that 5k hook their throat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Slynation(m): 10:51am On Jul 14, 2023
Always remember, Nigeria is a jungle, even your next door neighbor is thinking of making money off you, either legally or illegally.....

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Juniorangel(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2023
Those Global guys sef they don't stop, I keep getting calls from them.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Godsonkemz(m): 10:53am On Jul 14, 2023
Let me shock you... All those who stood up immediately when asked to make 20k payment are working with them.

The same thing happened to me in Onitsha back then. The casually dressed lady that was seated beside me was working with these scammers and while I was busy trying to discourage her from paying to these scammers, she stood up and walked up to the front to join others who wished to pay.

82 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Iseoluwani: 10:54am On Jul 14, 2023
sadHi

First thing first always check a company credentials on NAIRALAND....

THAT 5K PAIN ME OOO

15 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by oluwaseyi0: 10:57am On Jul 14, 2023
g
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by correctguy101(m): 10:58am On Jul 14, 2023
emoboy4u:

APPLICATIONS ARE FREE
APTITUDE TESTS ARE FREE
INTERVIEWS ARE FREE
MEDICALS ARE FREE
OFFER LETTERS ARE FREE
RESUMPTION IS FREE

Bros o...

As these people dey smartly extort from our guys, make we gather carry officers of Zha law go burst their training centers na. At least 20k per head to bail dem and we take our cut...hmm?

16 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Villagemeat: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2023
Battlefield2:

Sweetheart
Send your details
2378194020 Zenith
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by IPDGP: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2023
I once experienced this when I finished my ND 2011, this lady came start giving different acronyms, I was like what the Bleep is what this one saying with my employment, some later later came and start giving testimonies, the head of my mother quickly alert me that this is pure scam.

While preaching thier rubbish I start looking for a nice girl to toast, so that it will not be a total waste of day

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by bayumyguy: 10:59am On Jul 14, 2023
I have been a victim before at ojuelegba that’ is where there office was located then I am talking of 2008 I paid too we did writing test same with OND HND and BSc then I begin to suspect too but I paid 500naira for writing test and the following week I got a text message that I have been successful that when I am coming I shuld with 5000naira it was then I knew is all scam that I delete them immediately so don’t fall victim oooooo

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by ipobarecriminals: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2023
angry u nor organize boys to carry bottles for there sad undecided?
Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by Thermodynamics(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2023
endsarrrs:

Mostly done by men

That's because men are the ones who look for money, women just seat around begging men for money.
Besides, the leader of the scam is a woman, or didn't you read the OP's post?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed At A Job Interview by phemmyfour: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2023
BEANSANDBREAD00:
I applied for various jobs at indeed after concluding my nysc,but I couldn't secure a job in lagos.

So I decided to go back to port harcourt,to try my luck and after a day of applying. I got an email from biohuman crystal consult scheduling me for an interview.

They were three phases of the interview Writing phase,job description and oral phase.

We were about 25 in the hall taking the tests. Simple questions were asked during the writing phase and it rose my suspicion,after that the manager came for the job description and she started boasting of how she became successful as a worker here.

She took most of our time brainwashing us and telling us how the company stands above others that they are some sort of health consulting firm and they pay real well,she was self assertive.

She was asking us to stand if we want to be part of the workforce,we all stood but she insisted that she wouldn't take us all. We were now worried and anxious.

She told us that we have to make a mandatory payment of 20,000, the 20,000 is for our medical and safety wears and the first people to pay would be among the leading team.

Some stood and she directed them to another office for the payment,she left and her second took the lead.

He was asking if we could make an installmental payment of 10000 when they pay our July salary we would complete it from the salary some stood and they were directed to a separate office for the payment. I told him I could pay only 5k at that moment.

He said no wahala but I must be a man of integrity and pay the remaining balance after I receive my July salary. So I paid.

They told me they would send a text message to me and I later received it.(on the picture below)

I came for the training and it was rubbish as expected. They were just boasting on how they've made it in life and they were talking about the job.

They said they consult with different companies on how to live a healthy life,what to eat and the right way to live. We spent almost 4 hours on the rubbish training, later someone called me outside and I answered and he told me to complete the payment that I would be separated soon but the initial guy told me that I would complete the payment from my July salary.

He told me to go back to the training office,after some time I was separated and told to complete the payment before I continued the training.

We ve told you times without number that when they start demanding from you.... Just RUN! It's a scam. No reputable organization will demand for money before giving you a job.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancies At Workforce Management Centre (WFMC) - 2nd Nov, 2015 / What would be Your Choice And Reasons / Reasons Your Relatives Can’t Help You Get A Job Where They Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.