Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,538 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips (22167 Views)

Why Buhari Was ‘Banned’ From Entering U.S. For 15 Years — Atiku / Isaac Fayose With His Son, Oyinbo Wife & His Mother, Victoria Olufunke Oluwayose / Olufunke Kolawole Murdered In Abuja (Osun Permanent Secretary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Israeljones(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2016
Izonpikin:
his close friend is the inec chairman...expect the elections to tilt as usual. ...buhari won't make the same mistake gej made...by being fair... grin
This mentality needs to stop,,the only reason why we r always bin cheated on is just because we dont know what we want in this country, we r so filled with so many differences,believes,tribal sentiments, selfish gains, religion, orientation and others..
I strongly blv if nigerians can stand in one voice,,it will be hard for this people to rig the election..

Now think about this,,,WHY DO YOU THINK THOSE POLITICIANS SPEND SO MUCH ON ELECTION CAMPAIGN WHEN THEY CAN EASILY OPT FOR LESS SPENDING AND JUST RIG IT?

The only answer i can think of is just the people owns the major say..

2 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Ngokafor(f): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2016
....I shake my head in resignation each time i hear apc supporters better known as zombies say they will vote out buhari in 2019 if he does not perform undecided..really??

...The same gullibility,short-sightedness and ignorance that saw supposedly 'sane' folks think that an expired,old,sectional and illiterate bigot called buhari would transform Nigeria and their lives to an eldorado is still at play,inspite of series of glaring chaotic and 'inconclusive' elections that has bedevilled this admin even in mundane elective offices...

...You all had better wake-up cos 2019 election would not be as free and fair as 2015..the era of free and fair elections in Nigeria has gone with GEJ till further notice...book mark that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Izonpikin: 8:29am On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

This mentality needs to stop,,the only reason why we r always bin cheated on is just because we dont know what we want in this country, we r so filled with so many differences,believes,tribal sentiments, selfish gains, religion, orientation and others..
I strongly blv if nigerians can stand in one voice,,it will be hard for this people to rig the election..

Now think about this,,,WHY DO YOU THINK THOSE POLITICIANS SPEND SO MUCH ON ELECTION CAMPAIGN WHEN THEY CAN EASILY OPT FOR LESS SPENDING AND JUST RIG IT?

The only answer i can think of is just the people owns the major say..
lol...why isn't an ibo man the inec chairman...why?? cheesy cheesy cheesy...
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by ogawisdom(m): 8:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Why is it too hard to admit dt Jonathan shld ve been way better than chief zombie buhari. It's nw a case of from frying pan to fire.

Jonathan fuel 87 chief zombie 145
Dollar 216 vs 415
Rice 11k vs 20k
D list is endless

Igbos aka Igbos are d wisest in naija d acclaimed 5% they were d only ppl D rejected cursed buhari at d polls. Bring back GEJ undecided
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by gists: 8:56am On Aug 12, 2016
Izonpikin:
lol...why isn't an ibo man the inec chairman...why?? cheesy cheesy cheesy...
same old fvcking irritating question.
Why can't an igbo be governor of lagos even though an igbo man from Imo has not been a governor in Abia.
You talk as if we have not had an Igbo man in that position before. Was Maurice Iwu a Fulani man?
Must the inec chairman come from a particular region?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Izonpikin: 9:07am On Aug 12, 2016
gists:

same old fvcking irritating question.
Why can't an igbo be governor of lagos even though an igbo man from Imo has not been a governor in Abia.
You talk as if we have not had an Igbo man in that position before. Was Maurice Iwu a Fulani man?
Must the inec chairman come from a particular region?
grin grin grin..keep arguing with yourself there/....i would leave you to your ignorance...so till this moment you still cant decipher why our president chose a northern friend to be inec chairman...abeg i no get strength...just wait until 2019...
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by ajanma2(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2016
splenzard:
it was inevitable because we didn't value what we had we rather had ourselves believing in promises that were too good to be true.

Come 2019, I would rather vote KOWA than make the same mistake twice angry
join bbm channel for ur dope news C003E6C2D
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 12, 2016
Click like if you think we need minimum of three potential candidates in the next elections.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by seguntijan(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2016
Even if you are being fooled, must you fool yourselves?
Dear Wadata plaza bingo, read, learn and please shut up.
"SOUTH AFRICA AND NIGERIA, WHICH SHOULD BE THE LARGEST ECONOMY?
As Nigerians, we know about Nigeria while we have little information about South Africa.
1. Daimler, Toyota, BMW, Ford, Arvin Exhust, Corning, Bloxwitch have production plants in South Africa.
2. South Africa manufactures Electronics, Computer Hardwares.
3. South Africa manufactures Military Hardwares and Aircrafts.
4. South Africa manufactures choice wines and spirits with Nigeria as its biggest market in Africa. Next time, before you drink that Wine, look at the label. It will 60% be 'A product of South Africa'
5. South Africa boasts of world class Textile Industries.
6. South Africa manufactures, refurbishes and repairs Ships.
7. South Africa has the largest mining and solid mineral sector in Africa.
What do we produce or manufacture in Nigeria?
The GDP was rebased and we placed ourselves as the largest Economy in Africa without growth in the real sector of the Economy.
We used administrative controls to peg the value of our Currency for years without Fundamentals to back it up.
The administrative controls are removed, the wind blew and our behinds are exposed.
South African Rand is growing in value because of growth in the real sector of the Economy while the value of the Naira plummets because our economic mainstay is in the wilderness and militancy is holding us at the jugular.
We export Crude Oil and import petroleum products. We export raw Cocoa and import chocolate bars and processed Cocoa for packaging by the Nestle of this world. A total drain on our Dollar earnings.
I ask again, what do we produce?
Even if you are being fooled, must you fool yourselves?"
Credits~ Dare Taiwo.
My take: when their heroes were busy enriching themselves selfishly they lacked understanding. Now they ignorantly blame the one who is bent on reviving all our moribund sectors so that soon we would truly be great and match any nation. Well ignorance is free, so is stupidity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by RedCapChief(m): 9:47am On Aug 12, 2016
Voting for PMB was not inevitable.

There were over 14 candidates cleared by INEC.
In the US, many people have openly said they'll vote third party rather than Trump or Clinton

Those who voted for PMB wanted him in power( with or without his certificate)

It took him over 6 months to select a cabinet. How is that GEJ's fault? (Even the cabinet sef na wa! )
He has preached diversification of the economy, yet in his first year he has started hustling for oil in the North-East even though previous expeditions have found nothing. How is that GEJ's fault?

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by charlyb007: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2016
I dey mad ni,abi I never learn my lesson.PDP tins on NY mind ...
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by MARKone(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2016
Lol at the country was going to hell, and we slowed it. The country was going to hell quite alright, but we that voted for Buhari, seems we hastened the journey to damnation.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by seguntijan(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2016
YOU ARE SORRY; Because you Voted for a Miracle Performing PMB; A Status Quo PMB and a Corrupt PMB; NO VEX He is None of those. You have No Idea what it takes to Build Nations; You have been Bastardized by the Nigeria Miracle Mindset; You are Weak and Feeble.
ABEGI; It took the United States after the 2008 Financial Meltdown Five Years to get back and they had $787billion Stimulus. It Took Mahatir Mohammed over 4 years after the 1997 Asian Economic Crisis; It took the EU more than a Decade to recover from the Crisis of 2008; Please ask the Singaporeans; The Chinese and all the Developing Countries what it takes to build countries.
We have A Bastardized Nation; A Looted Treasury; A Criminal Political Class; A People Bamboozled to become Saboteurs; A Military Neglected; A People Compromised and a Nation RAPED; Zero Savings; Corruption Driven Economy and you wanted these Problems to have been Solved in Months? MADNESS.
I AM LOVING PMB MORE....I SEE FISCAL SANITY; I SEE A GREAT NATION AGAIN.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by gists: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin grin..keep arguing with yourself there/....i would leave you to your ignorance...so till this moment you still cant decipher why our president chose a northern friend to be inec chairman...abeg i no get strength...just wait until 2019...
Yeah. you are right. Why am I arguing with someone who wants to leave Nigeria yet complains about the choice of Nigerian electoral chief.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Mintek: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2016
knightsTempler:
Some people need to be reminded that Goodluck Jonathan is gone and he is not coming back. So no need to keep running in circles, looking for excuses to defend Buhari and why Jonathan was not an option. Don't feel threatened.

What should threaten you is an Economy that is moving haphazardly without direction under this regime which have increase hardship and suffering.

So when next you buy a bucket of Garri for 800, a bag of rice for N20,000, fuel for N145 (that might soon become N180), cooking gas for N4,000, Kerosene for N300; keep saying "GEJ wasn't an option".

When your family members lament to you about how things have become worse, tell them "GEJ wasn't an option" because it makes you feel good.

Iranu!!!

God bless you aplenty.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by watchindelta(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

Yu simply dont know how to read bruh or perhaps u lack simple understanding..
The author of that write up simply pointed out that what we had was a no go area again and we had to move on to the next one and if the next one doesnt deliver we simply move to the next best one in the coming election....

Bros stop spewing trash,, nobody hates gej,,Nigerians voted him out because we saw no future in him....and if the current administration proves to be the same we simply look for the best alternative no matter the party he rep or where he might come from,,,,the east,south,west or north...all we need is to be objective and stop this silly rants of hatred
yes if Nigeria dey reason like so every party go site up. APC fuckup d full 4yrs vote in another party. dis is not about sai Buhari or uncle Joe again this about Nigerian...

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by spartan50(m): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

The author of that write up simply pointed out that what we had was a no go area again and we had to move on to the next one and if the next one doesnt deliver we simply move to the next best one in the coming election....

Bros stop spewing trash,, nobody hates gej,,Nigerians voted him out because we saw no future in him....and if the current administration proves to be the same we simply look for the best alternative no matter the party he rep or where he might come from,,,,the east,south,west or north...all we need is to be objective and stop this silly rants of hatred
We would vote this government out. They are fantastically clueless.. Iyama!
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Araoluwa005(m): 9:53am On Aug 12, 2016
that is just the simple truth. Kay lord sheared and endorsed it yesterday on his Facebook page. I now see why my friend Sylvanus Omoniyi is loving her more every day. God bless you Funke
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 12, 2016
sapiosexual1:
Yorubas be trying very hard to justify their glaring failures. You made a heck of a mistake, bite the humble pie, apologize and move on, mbanu, never! Coming down from their high horse is a onerous task.
Saying a simple "sorry" is an abomination.
Let's tell ourselves the bitter truth, yorubas voted out the last administration cos they didn't like the face of the man in power, they couldn't just fathom any other than a SW or Northerner in power. But just like in the case of Mandela, whose greatness shone brighter after he left power, the same now applies to the immediate past president. Whom God has blessed, no man can cause.
We know you guys made a mistake by preferring a dullard to be ur leader and we're seeing the obvious effect, buh stop with the justification of your inadequacies and errors of judgment, Nigeria has moved on long ago.
And if you still feel haunted by your past action (esp as the hunger is biting harder [boy! no one eats like the yorubas], and you can't reconcile urself with the realities of today) , then knock urself out with this.......
Biko nna gini Bu ihia ahu?? grin
Are you sure you don't do drugs? I dey suspect you oh undecided
Meanwhile this administration is as confused as the deer in the pic below grin

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Izonpikin: 9:57am On Aug 12, 2016
gists:

Yeah. you are right. Why am I arguing with someone who wants to leave Nigeria yet complains about the choice of Nigerian electoral chief.
i am ijaw..i only was making a point..ok why not make middle beltan or better still a yoruba man the inec chairman...buhari has a plan..only the blind cant see it...
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by VictorRomanov: 9:57am On Aug 12, 2016
All these unsolicited explanations, justifications and rationalisations after about 1 yr and 6 months shows one thing:

regrets in denial!
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by buchilino(m): 9:58am On Aug 12, 2016
Israeljones:

LETS B PRACTICAL N REASONABLE 4 NOW. I WILL JUST ASK U ONE QUESTION. IF U WERE GIVEN D CHOICE OF DEALING WITH A THIEF N D OTHER PERSON IS A SECTIONAL N A RELIGIOUS BIGOTS. WHICH OF D TWO WOULD U CHOICE 2 DEAL WITH?.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by maasoap(m): 9:58am On Aug 12, 2016
knightsTempler:
Some people need to be reminded that Goodluck Jonathan is gone and he is not coming back. So no need to keep running in circles, looking for excuses to defend Buhari and why Jonathan was not an option. Don't feel threatened.

What should threaten you is an Economy that is moving haphazardly without direction under this regime which have increase hardship and suffering.

So when next you buy a bucket of Garri for 800, a bag of rice for N20,000, fuel for N145 (that might soon become N180), cooking gas for N4,000, Kerosene for N300; keep saying "GEJ wasn't an option".

When your family members lament to you about how things have become worse, tell them "GEJ wasn't an option" because it makes you feel good.

Iranu!!!
GEJ wasn't an option, you hear me right though I know that you hate hearing it. We put him there in 2011 and he disappointed us. If he had succeeded in coming back the second time, people like you would have gone on self imposed exile by now.
What do you make of the man who was borrowing up and down amidst unprecedented revenue with all the money going into the pockets of people who were lucky to have connection with his administration? The last time I remembered, they were already borrowing to pay federal civil servants.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by greatmen: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2016
Tell them grin grin
knightsTempler:

Iranu!!!
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Horlufemi(m): 10:02am On Aug 12, 2016
nnachukz:
It was inevitable to those whose reasoning was covered by pure hatred for GEJ. Those who searched for perfection from a human but ended up embracing the devil just to mock the humans.

on the contrary. I like gej but there was so much issues in his style. I do not hate GEJ not once. I hated PDP. 16 years of opportunities gone
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by Handsomecole(m): 10:02am On Aug 12, 2016
Nobody hated GEJ but rather his mode of governance. It was visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that Gej's govt and the PDP was corrupt and embezzling our treasury. Nigeria was like a HIV patient that was feeding and looking physically healthy.

It wasn't a mistake voting out GEJ and the PDP, they were never and option and will never be an option come 2019, not with the revelations. There was nothing personal with GEJ.

As for Buhari just like the OP's post indicated we had no choice.

It's about time we Nigerians begin to look at other political parties and personalities and be ready to take the bold step.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by OlujobaSamuel: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2016
not satisfy with pmb, but if I'm to choose again between a gej n pmb, I will go for pmb still, gej is yet to admit his wrongs as the president of the nation, he still justified corruption outside power(no political pressure), so he is a no go area for me.
God forbid we have a gej vs pmb in 2019.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by joearinze(m): 10:04am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by kulrunsman79(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2016
Only a real prophet can say this…

“The choice before Nigerians in the coming elections is simple: A choice between going forward or going backwards; between the old ways and the new ways; between freedom and repression; between a record of visible achievements and beneficial reforms – and desperate power-seekers with empty promises.”

– Fmr President, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Abuja
Abuja, Sat, 10 Dec 2014.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by mrteee: 10:05am On Aug 12, 2016
gists:

You have a government that is short of revenue and is not borrowing recklessly like the other admin just to pay salary. And yet PMB is funding projects everywhere and you guys say he has failed. Is it the GEJ gov. that slashed the budget for the entire ministry of work to N11b.
And how on earth can you be singing and dancing because we were told we were the biggest economy in Africa merely after rebasing (recalculated) our economic indices. .

thank you for a bit of reminder. Nigerians suffer from an incredible level of amnesia. That is the major problem, and the major reason politicians take the people for granted.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by pippimp(m): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2016
splenzard:
it was inevitable because we didn't value what we had we rather had ourselves believing in promises that were too good to be true.

Come 2019, I would rather vote KOWA than make the same mistake twice angry

What you had? You mean you value incompetence and corruption? Ok. Got it. Carry on.
Re: Why I Think Voting For Buhari Was Inevitable - Olufunke Phillips by greatmen: 10:06am On Aug 12, 2016
buchilino:

LETS B PRACTICAL N REASONABLE 4 NOW. I WILL JUST ASK U ONE QUESTION. IF U WERE GIVEN D CHOICE OF DEALING WITH A THIEF N D OTHER PERSON IS A SECTIONAL N A RELIGIOUS BIGOTS. WHICH OF D TWO WOULD U CHOICE 2 DEAL WITH?.
Honestly I would vote Gej at list he had an economic strong team and it wouldn't be this horrible, we are heading to the abyss for the stupid ones trying to sugar coat it Nigeria has never been like this not even during military dictatorship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mr. Aye Dee Joins APC, PDP Supporters Cry Foul / Profile Of Peter Mbah, Enugu Governor-Elect / Fani-Kayode Asks Osinbajo To Resign As Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.