Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,920 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market (23974 Views)

Speculators Lose N100m As CBN Pumps Dollars Into Interbank / Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate / Naira Quoted At 253/$ As Interbank Market Opens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 8:25am On Aug 12, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
What rate are we going to be charged by banks when doing foreign transactions, interbank or parallel rate ?
it is better you base ur business calculations on the parallel rate in order not to caught off-guard.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by BIGTinfotech: 8:30am On Aug 12, 2016
Bros I can't wait cry
1stdammy:
Very very far ma guy, very very.........
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by BIGTinfotech: 8:31am On Aug 12, 2016
Bros no be small one chance be this cry
onatisi:

By December 2016,Nigerians go know how far.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 8:40am On Aug 12, 2016
BIGTinfotech:
Bros no be small one chance be this cry
The solution to all this problem on individual level is to target exportation and agriculture. If you look deep and closely Nigeria still presents u with lots of business opportunities
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by evansjeff(m): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2016
chemicalDisease:

you called this goodnews

but were calling Gej names when
it was 214.

Calm down, judgement day is near.
hey check your facts before you spew thrash, where on this forum or wherever did you see me 'calling Gej names when it was 214'? make your comments and move on instead of looking for who to engage in senseless arguments with, I'm obviously not that type.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by Abagworo(m): 8:53am On Aug 12, 2016
There's no miracle other than depletion of our foreign reserves which leads us back to Egypt we are running from. I sincerely urge this Government to shun public opinion and continue with the right thing. One of the reasons we got into this mess is the window dressing of immediate past government.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:58am On Aug 12, 2016
onatisi:
it is better you base ur business calculations on the parallel rate in order not to caught off-guard.
lol thanks for the advice
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by BIGTinfotech: 9:21am On Aug 12, 2016
You're not far from the truth. I quite agree with you
onatisi:

The solution to all this problem on individual level is to target exportation and agriculture. If you look deep and closely Nigeria still presents u with lots of business opportunities
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by verygudbadguy(m): 9:22am On Aug 12, 2016
onatisi:
there is no magic the cbn can perform if the political leadership of the nation is clueless and empty headed. To be honest the cbn has been trying with all sorts of experiment but what has the nation political leaders been doing? Nothing , and they even keep scaring investors away by their negative comments and dumb policies.

Stop politicising everything.

The reason why the dollar is high is basically because we import more and export less.

The crash in the price is why we are here. Stop the blame game.

Look inward and profer solution. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by 989900: 9:29am On Aug 12, 2016
orisa37:
The CBN is surely endeavoring to improve the Naira, but should try harder. The CBN should take a bold Denomination Move to bring down Inter Banks Rates to N100/$1 so that its application of the 1.5 and 2 percent margin would trade Dollar at not more than N135/$1 to the End Users. The CBN can do this and has the power to do it to impress PMB and Nigerians. And thanks for ensuring that, henceforth, all forex imports from Oil, goods and services enter Nigeria only through the Deposit Money Banks(DMBs). That's the spirit.

LOL.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by seguntijan(m): 9:44am On Aug 12, 2016
YOU ARE SORRY; Because you Voted for a Miracle Performing PMB; A Status Quo PMB and a Corrupt PMB; NO VEX He is None of those. You have No Idea what it takes to Build Nations; You have been Bastardized by the Nigeria Miracle Mindset; You are Weak and Feeble.
ABEGI; It took the United States after the 2008 Financial Meltdown Five Years to get back and they had $787billion Stimulus. It Took Mahatir Mohammed over 4 years after the 1997 Asian Economic Crisis; It took the EU more than a Decade to recover from the Crisis of 2008; Please ask the Singaporeans; The Chinese and all the Developing Countries what it takes to build countries.
We have A Bastardized Nation; A Looted Treasury; A Criminal Political Class; A People Bamboozled to become Saboteurs; A Military Neglected; A People Compromised and a Nation RAPED; Zero Savings; Corruption Driven Economy and you wanted these Problems to have been Solved in Months? MADNESS.
I AM LOVING PMB MORE....I SEE FISCAL SANITY; I SEE A GREAT NATION AGAIN.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by nnofaith: 9:46am On Aug 12, 2016
shadeyinka:
Nigerians expect some miracles from CBN which is impossible. CBN has the power to monitor the Naira but they have no power to regulate the REAL value of the Naira.

The real Naira value is determined by the ratio of Dollar Earned: Dollar Demand by the Nation.

Naira valuebwill be low if Dollar Demand is high.

The only way out is to either make more Dollar income or Reduce Importation.

Reduction of importation requires upgrade of local MANUFACTURING CAPABILITY!

I rest my case!
you nailed it bro. but the wailers are not interested in facts. what we are facing now is a culmination of years of mismanagement. people say we should diversify our economy as if you can do that over night, you need at least 8 to 10 years to diversify an economy, i beg what agricultural commodities do we have to sell that can bring in AT LEAST 300billion naira monthly to cancel the shortfall we have now due to the fall in crude prices? SOME OF THEM WANT TO SOUND INTELLIGENT BY SAYING THIS GOVT DOES NOT HAVE AN ECONOMIC POLICY, I BEG IF YOU HAVE AN ECONOMIC POLICY THAT CAN GET US OUT OF THIS CRISIS"OVER NIGHT" STATE IT HERE. LET US DISCUSS IT.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 9:54am On Aug 12, 2016
verygudbadguy:

Stop politicising everything.

The reason why the dollar is high is basically because we import more and export less.

The crash in the price is why we are here. Stop the blame game.

Look inward and profer solution. Thanks.
Didn't apc politicise everything during gej tenure?
Didn't they blame gej for every problem Nigeria faced then?
Is apc not blaming gej and pdp for the nation's problem now
Who is playing the blaming game now ? Isn't it apc
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by Pylony(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2016
If care is not taking, Naira will soon turn into Toilet paper, valueless.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by zikter(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2016
onatisi:
please what concrete plans or policies does this present government has for diversification of thebnatio economy?
My opinion is if the budget can be reasonably funded and implemented, then, we can have a starting point. Economic diversification requires a lot of commitment and sincererity and the budget implementation is our best bet as most of the things if not all, that we need to do, be it in agriculture, mining or any other sector is encapsulated in the budget. But what do i know? the budget needs money to be implemented of which we seriously lack. Head or tail, the situation is bleak. personally am prepared for the worst but I cannot put the blame on the doors of this govt least of all on the president who has reasonanable consensus from nigerians as the least corrupt person on corridor of power for in the recent history. Rather i blame looters of our treasury both past and the present in govt for my suffering today.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2016
Now I am confused. CBN is intervening ? Why in the name of God is that being done now?
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by bj4u2c: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2016
this was venezuela's exchange to the dollar last year and then this year.... even with their proven world largest oil reserve
nigeria is on the right path....
back to the farm people, the road will be long, there will be setbacks but if we do what is right there is light at the end of the tunnel

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by zikter(m): 10:19am On Aug 12, 2016
onatisi:

The point is, if we had save during the era of $100 per barrel of crude. the fact that APC blamed GEJ govt not entirely out of order. Lest i forget we have something like constructive criticism. How I wish the present govt was selling crude at the same price as then. Then, we could have let loose the biggest criticisms ever. But from an objctive point of view rather than political or ethnic reasons, it is quite difficult to blame the govt constructively.

1 Like

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by menxer: 10:21am On Aug 12, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Emefiele is Confused and clueless

Why Stop the activities of Bdc's in the first place.

Emefiele caused this problem right from the day he capitalised BDC's

The juju he's using to hold buhari from not sacking him is very strong.

Sack Emefiele?
The Ugandans are coming for you.
grin
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 10:22am On Aug 12, 2016
zikter:
My opinion is if the budget can be reasonably funded and implemented, then, we can have a starting point. Economic diversification requires a lot of commitment and sincererity and the budget implementation is our best bet as most of the things if not all, that we need to do, be it in agriculture, mining or any other sector is encapsulated in the budget. But what do i know? the budget needs money to be implemented of which we seriously lack. Head or tail, the situation is bleak. personally am prepared for the worst but I cannot put the blame on the doors of this govt least of all on the president who has reasonanable consensus from nigerians as the least corrupt person on corridor of power for in the recent history. Rather i blame looters of our treasury both past and the present in govt for my suffering today.

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2016

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 10:26am On Aug 12, 2016
zikter:
The point is, if we had save during the era of $100 per barrel of crude. the fact that APC blamed GEJ govt not entirely out of order. Lest i forget we have something like constructive criticism. How I wish the present govt was selling crude at the same price as then. Then, we could have let loose the biggest criticisms ever. But from an objctive point of view rather than political or ethnic reasons, it is quite difficult to blame the govt constructively.

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by zikter(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2016
onatisi:

This one promised to change Nigeria within 12 months ,he promised 3 million jobs in one year alone,he promised 5k naira for 25million ppl
i think you are quoting him out of context. am sure you are well aware that in the campaign days, oil prices were still stable and he did not imagined the kind of looting our treasury has gone through. am not holding brief for any body here, just a concerned citizen looking at things in an objective perspective.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by orisa37: 10:40am On Aug 12, 2016
Are you the Governor of CBN? Chorry Cha.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by verygudbadguy(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2016
onatisi:

The fact that the APC/ PDP does that doesn't make it right. We are Nigerians. We are the youth of the country. We are the problem solver.
If only we the youth will come together and agree on the way forward. If only we will not tribalize everything and see ourselves as one under one umbrella. Then we can come out under a youth party and seize power from this old men.

Think about brother. We are the solution to our problem.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 11:16am On Aug 12, 2016
verygudbadguy:

The fact that the APC/ PDP does that doesn't make it right. We are Nigerians. We are the youth of the country. We are the problem solver.
If only we the youth will come together and agree on the way forward. If only we will not tribalize everything and see ourselves as one under one umbrella. Then we can come out under a youth party and seize power from this old men.

Think about brother. We are the solution to our problem.
This is the kind of mentality that is needed . You will be the second person that I have noticed so far on nairaland that has the kind of mentality and orientation needed by our organization. Will you like to be part of a new political group with a new vision and ideas? If yes ,pls let me know. Have a wonderful day
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by orisa37: 11:39am On Aug 12, 2016
Denominations mean Control ab initio, just like charity begins at home. Naira is our Sovereignty you know? It's the Currency Nigerians must always endeavor to store not Dollars. So when the DMBs ensure no forex comes in without them and no payment made without the presentment of some completion certificates such as, Bill of Entry, Inspection, Quality Control, Store Received certificates etc acceptable to them. What is lacking at the moment, is a proper reporting procedure. Now the BDCs must make Regular Daily Returns to DMBs. DMBs will make Weekly Returns to CBN and CBN will make deviations and variances reports monthly to FEC. It's just that our Bankers and the entire Banking system are now inept.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by nnofaith: 11:40am On Aug 12, 2016
When Moses was taking the Israelite out of Egypt, they wailed more than this, what PMB is doing is for your own good but impatience/bigotry/economic illiteracy will not allow you peeps appreciate the sacrifice being made for you.
Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by onatisi(m): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2016
nnofaith:
When Moses was taking the Israelite out of Egypt, they wailed more than this, what PMB is doing is for your own good but impatience/bigotry/economic illiteracy will not allow you peeps appreciate the sacrifice being made for you.

1 Share

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by verygudbadguy(m): 12:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
onatisi:

This is the kind of mentality that is needed . You will be the second person that I have noticed so far on nairaland that has the kind of mentality and orientation needed by our organization. Will you like to be part of a new political group with a new vision and ideas? If yes ,pls let me know. Have a wonderful day

Yes, as long as we the youth will be able to achieve that collective goal of grabbing power democratically from this old men without blood shed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Surges As CBN Intervenes In Interbank Market by Finian1: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
Let's see how it goes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola, Dangote, Obi Others At Access Bank's Christmas Party / Bolt, Uber Drivers Are Now Selling Their Cars Over Poor Economy – Association / Shoprite Announces Plan To Leave Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.