Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers (2653 Views)

How Can We Present This Person As President In A Country Of 160 Million? / Why Does A Country Needs To Borrow When She Can Easily Print More? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by mrpataki(m): 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2006
Jaybaba:

What more proof have to conclude that this is a nation of scammers. Check out this maths,

Nigerians are 3

some Nigerians are honest = 1
some Nigerians are scammers = 1
Nigerian governments at all levels are scammers = 1
population of scammers = 1 + 1 = 2.
:- 3-2 = 1.
Nigeria is a nation of scammers, You are right!
grin

What an illogical way of making a point.

Now lets imagine it this way, that we have a crate of eggs, and half of that particular crate of eggs are rotten, do we then say that all the eggs are bad? NO way,

In my own view, Nigeria is not a Country of Scammers! We have honest and decent citizens who have made it a duty to do it right!
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by adconline(m): 4:51am On Dec 19, 2006
Marijuana top US cash crop, analyst says.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyID=2006-12-18T213430Z_01_N18159676_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-MARIJUANA.xml&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

This dwarfs Nigerian 419 and it does not mean that everyone in the US is a drug addict but everyone in Nigeria is scammer. Double standard.
Jammin, you pointed to the ills of Nigeria and did not feel comfortable when I highlighted some of the ills in your Island. Let there be a holistic debate on crimes OK.
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by Easyy(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2006
adconline:

Marijuana top US cash crop, analyst says.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyID=2006-12-18T213430Z_01_N18159676_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-MARIJUANA.xml&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

This dwarfs Nigerian 419 and it does not mean that everyone in the US is a drug addict but everyone in Nigeria is scammer. Double standard.
Jammin, you pointed to the ills of Nigeria and did not feel comfortable when I highlighted some of the ills in your Island. Let there be a holistic debate on crimes OK.

That is an astonishing piece of news.

I only hope that when they decide to legalise it because too many of thier citizens use it, Nigeria does not stupidly follow suit. I remember some Nigerians losing their lives for drug trafickking and I still believe that No western government will punish it's citizens for engaging in business to the detriment of foreign citizens' well being. Many western foreign businesses actively engage in destructive activities in our society and no one seems to care. What they tell us is that if our governments are not corrupt, such things will not happen.

It's time to tell them that if their citizen are not animals who want to take drugs, no one will sell drugs to them cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by segoye2(m): 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ Topic,

Well to me, Nigeria is not a scam country but the people in it. If ABC called Nigeria a country of scammer, then you should not let that bulge you. This issue is not a new thing to us, even when you log-in to a any chat room and claim you are from Nigeria, all you get is bye ,

You see, they might be right some how, I mean what makes up the earth is people, which means a new earth is new people (refined people) , what makes up a country is people (citizens), which means the people in the country, So you can see that they are refering to the citizens, Well, that doesn't imply that all the citizens are scammers. But the top browsers, top men in politics and so so so, are top shoot scammers and they will always be.

You can't deny the fact that you have Scammers all around you in the country now. Though is even a thing of pride that some devil motidated mothers advice their kids to join the wagon in a bait to make furtune.

And the fact remains that, you are not scammers, we are not scammers.

Though because we protect them around us, we can't then deny our involvement in the act.

We can make this people know that we are not scammers trully, if we report all scammers around us to EFCC, Police or report them to Scambaiter Authorities abroad if you feel you want to be save. If you don't know how to report them, reach me at www.conceptwalker.tk or mail segun_somaf@yahoo.com.au

God bless NIGERIA

SEGOYE2
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by azorjiu(m): 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2006
SEGOYE2,

Should I send my account details when I mail you regarding how to reach EFCC grin
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by aade: 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2006
A good part of the world knows Nigeria as a desperate poor country fillied with scammers, what a shame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPrwyZ4nDpk
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by segoye2(m): 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2006
@ azorjiu,

Your account detials for what? I mean I need an answer to that statement!!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

SEGOYE2
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by azorjiu(m): 9:35pm On Dec 21, 2006
segoye2:

@ azorjiu,

Your account detials for what? I mean I need an answer to that statement!!!

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

SEGOYE2

You gave your email address for one-on-one contact. I was wondering if I should quote my sort code and account number when I write to you grin grin grin. It was meant to be a joke though. But if you asked me, I would say scamming is taking over the brain on our young guys. The prevalence of this epidemic is worrisome. Too bad!
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Scammers by smile4kenn(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2006
Yes! The whites are right that Nigeria is a country of scammers. All nigerians are all scammers no one is left out. i wonder why some people are just counting them selves out? or do you think only those that run internet are scammers. Like they say there are wat they call Legal and illegal scam.

Everyone is a scammer right from our politician and those that collect federal govt contracts, most of them are scammers. The doctors one way or the other scam people out of their money. You will go there jjust because you ave headache that only paracetamol can cure, but you will be admitted so that they can make more money. The police are also among them that when they catch this scammers/fraudsters, with just a token bride they will set them free. The bankers, bank managers, they are also scammers: theses fraudsters/scammers make use of the bank to complete their transactions and the managers will help them out just because of a promised percentage. The teachers and lecturers are not left out. Even the street beggers are among with their false look, they scam people out of their money. IF i should start naming them all these space will not be enough.

What these scammers need is orientation especially the youths which are mostly found on internet scams. I was in a film store when i saw somany white men watching a particular movie, i later found out that were watch Nkem Owoh's music of "I go chop your dollar" This song is also used as a sound of warming to europeans, americans, to me the sound is helping stop scam because its education them that there is what is called 419.

our economy and poverty rate is really contributing to it all, so we can only stop it by chnage of economy status which wil take so many year ahead. @5 years imprisonment of these youths because they involve in scam is not the answer, but we are imprisoning our future.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Atiku Vs Obj/efcc In The Ptdf Scandal / Why Are The Chinks In Africa? / I’m Not Planning To Abandon Atiku – Ibb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.