Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,067 members, 7,863,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:53 AM

International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths (20542 Views)

Former President Goodluck Jonathan Has A 2nd Wife / Dieziani Loot: Jonathan Has Questions To Answer‎ – Festus Keyamo / International Youth Day: Buhari's Message To Nigerian Youths (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by kings09(m): 3:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
cheesy my guy. U sure say na him be worse wit dis current situation ?
madridguy:
Jonathan is worse.

Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by ehikwe22: 3:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

GEJ , like most Nigerian leaders, ran the country based on an economy which is in turn based on sharing the procceds from whatever resource we are selling.

When the price of the resource we are selling is high....we are able to live well......except that it is built on a false foundation of massive importation.

When the price of the resource we are selling falls....that is when we start taking loans to keep on living with the good times (which gives the IMF/World Bank to set traps for us)>

A good Nigerian leader would be one who uses our resources to manufacture products which we can export .....and at the same time bring lots of beenfit for our country. Things would work...because if they do not, the basis of our wealth....now manufacturing...would fail...and we would be poor.

But unfortunately, most Nigerians prefer to share money....which is why we stay broke. Our prosperity is not dependent on the lights working or the roads working or even the schools working. Instead...we use oil money (and agric money and mining money) to buy other countries innovations...making those countries prosperous at our expense...and setting traps for ourselves.

Fact is...most Nigerian leaders....including the current admin....cannot see that. As do most Nigerian followers. See the clamor for govt to release dollars to import....when that will bankrupt us in weeks....

Gowon, whom GEJ refers to , did do some ''good''....in the period 1970-75....he did try to industrialize Nigeria(via the National Development Plans)....even as our agric was slowly beginning to degrade.If Gowon had followed the National Development Plans.....Nigeria won't even need oil right now. Or Agric or mining to survive. Unfortunately for Nigeria....in 1973...oil prices shot up markedly....and we went back to our resource dependent ways. We are yet to see it never ever works....even in this period of change....
You're not been honest. Good luck initiated lots of programs and policies towards diversifying the economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by Emu4life(m): 3:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
Oga Jonah-DAFT parkwell! U spent 6yrs in Aso rock and u did not do anytin to improve youths' lives until ur campaigne stuffs...Well! U have passed d information lets pretend as if we have heard.
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by ba7man(m): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:
GEJ was a good president.. who surrounded imsef wit bad people
God bless him
You can only attract people like yourself.

Rather than enriching technocrats, Professionals and academicians, he enriched Millitants.

Says a lot about his persona.
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by Ahmeduana(m): 4:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
madridguy:
I'm with GEJ on this one.
Youth must take over.
NO, YOU DON'T NEED TO.
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by whitebeard(m): 5:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
omaiyale:
Which Youth ? Youth that their heart is already Poisoned with hatered and acrimony for one another. The youth of today are only good at
Insult, Curse, and using derogatory words.
Nairaland here is a classical example where Yoruba and Ibgos see themselves as enemy and Hausa are Born to Rule

Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by SycophanticGoat: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
LMAyedun:
I am 33yrs old and I want to Run for the presidency come 2019.
I'm not too young to RUN

I need your motivation to rescue our country from Buhari.

If you will support me, give a Like

If you will support Buhari, give a Share

Even if you cut off your finger and put it to run against that primitive and bigoted dullard, I'd vote for that finger of yours.. smiley cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by whitebeard(m): 5:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
no no I think our adults are to be blamed for this messy state our country is in right now...they hardly pay attention to what the youths say they believe it all crap...they are ignorant about many things and the funniest thing they don't even want to know...they believe they are always right always blaming the youths instead of listening to them...that's why most youth are what they are today.....SERIOUSLY PARENT LISTEN TO YOUR CHILDREN I BET THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL U RIGHT NOW...!!! the righteous youths of this generation will bring greatness to this country... BELIEVE THAT..AND THERE IS NOTHING ABSOLUTE NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT..!! angry
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by Tsongz(f): 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin after eating your own abi
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by tetengi4life(m): 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
omaiyale:
Which Youth ? Youth that their heart is already Poisoned with hatered and acrimony for one another. The youth of today are only good at
Insult, Curse, and using derogatory words.
Nairaland here is a classical example where Yoruba and Ibgos see themselves as enemy and Hausa are Born to Rule

U forgot to write pessimism, e.g like u just did now.
Try to be hopeful bro
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by EchoEcho4SG: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
He should shut his fucking month
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by greatman247(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
richidinho:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1218944471489258&id=105479482835768

Youth my ass. Stop deceiving the people. Nigerian leader don't practice what they preach at all. Gej was 50+ and still contested for 2nd term in office. Why didn't he step down for a youth then? Why didn't he support youth then? why didn't he bring a youth into PDP and then rally round supports for him and so on? He actually wanted to rule again and again. Nigerian leaders keep deceiving Nigerian youths till tha Kingdom come. They keep deceiving us with the saying "children are the leaders of tomorrow" but they really do know that there is no tomorrow anywhere in the true sense of it all. Come 20 or 30 years, old folks still remain in power and even want to die there. No one wants to give the youths a chance, even GEJ. If he had won 2015 election he probably wouldn't have write this now, he would not have given any youth a chance to become president. Lets face the fact. They are all birds or the same feathers that flock together. Between lucifer and Nigerian leaders, i really cant say who deceive people more than the other. Abeg.
Re: International Youth Day: Jonathan Has A Message For The Youths by kan12(m): 8:08am On Aug 13, 2016
What and what did you do to make it work during your own time.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Ndi Igbo Peace Movement "Set To Meet Arewa Youths / 2019: Buhari Remains Best Presidential Candidate For Nigeria – CACOL / Abdullahi Umar Ganduje's Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.