Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It (2488 Views)

How Much Data Does A Whatsapp Call Use? It Depends And Here Is Why / How Much Mobile Data Do You Use And What Do You Pay For It? / USB OTG Cable - 7 Important Things You Can Use It For On Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by augster(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
IR blasters are becoming something we see in most new phones nowadays. Even though the latest Samsung flagships don't sport them, we still have some phones with them. I was chatting with a nairalander and he claims only chinese oems add this feature to their smartphones, and that the tech is dieing because the big players are not implementing it. What do you think? Do you use the ir blasters very well? Is it something you would like to continue seeing in smartphones?
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Collinz2(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
Huh....
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Dam5reey(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
Of course.... Most of the time im with my phone rather than looking for remote...
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
I use it a lot of times to control my TV, Home theatre and AC. Comes in handy when I can't find my remote.
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by kvngjesse(m): 8:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
augster:
IR blasters are becoming something we see in most new phones nowadays. Even though the latest Samsung flagships don't sport them, we still have some phones with them. I was chatting with a nairalander and he claims only chinese oems add this feature to their smartphones, and that the tech is dieing because the big players are not implementing it. What do you think? Do you use the ir blasters very well? Is it something you would like to continue seeing in smartphones?
Used it with my friends Gionee m5 at the mall to cause trouble cheesy

3 Likes

Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by augster(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
greenhulk:
I use it a lot of times to control my TV, Home theatre and AC. Comes in handy when I can't find my remote.
it's even better controlling the AC from where you're sitting
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by DaveHert(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
I use it a lot actually, rather than look for remote I just pull out my phone and use my Samsungs peel smart remote, good thing is it controls almost everything controllable at home, except for my decoder.

I sometimes use it to prank my friends when I go to their houses, like quietly switching off the TV while everyone is watching something very interesting ...lolz grin
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by augster(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
kvngjesse:
Used it with my friends Gionee m5 at the mall to cause trouble cheesy
Lol
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
augster:
it's even better controlling the AC from where you're sitting

It controls everything including apple TV and the old Dstv decoder. Still can't control their new decoders though.

Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Darkseid(m): 9:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
I still remember the day I pranked my friend. The guy thought his new TV had gone bad and almost shed tears that day. The remote app on my previous LG G3 was capable of learning new codes so it worked with even fake DVD players.
These days I just use it to control the ACs in my class.
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by kvngjesse(m): 9:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
augster:
Lol
smiley
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by kvngjesse(m): 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
greenhulk:

It controls everything including apple TV and the old Dstv decoder. Still can't control their new decoders though.
Wah phn u using bruh
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
I use LG g pro so i have it on my phone but i must move closer to to my tv or home theater before it can control it,pls why is this?
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by donhils: 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2016
dancok:
I use LG g pro so i have it on my phone but i must move closer to to my tv or home theater before it can control it,pls why is this?
Move closer to your TV? Like how close cos I had the G Pro too and I never moved closer to TV b4 I could use it. It worked from any distance(atimes farther) the original remote would work.
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
donhils:

Move closer to your TV? Like how close cos I had the G Pro too and I never moved closer to TV b4 I could use it. It worked from any distance(atimes farther) the original remote would work.
i don't the problem of this one o.well i don't use app though i use the inbuilt qremote that came with the phone
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Nobody: 4:47am On Aug 13, 2016
DaveHert:
I use it a lot actually, rather than look for remote I just pull out my phone and use my Samsungs peel smart remote, good thing is it controls almost everything controllable at home, except for my decoder.

I sometimes use it to prank my friends when I go to their houses, like quietly switching off the TV while everyone is watching something very interesting ...lolz grin

I found one that can control all dstv decoders. Download sure remote from play store.
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by augster(m): 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Darkseid:
I still remember the day I pranked my friend. The guy thought his new TV had gone bad and almost shed tears that day. The remote app on my previous LG G3 was capable of learning new codes so it worked with even fake DVD players.
These days I just use it to control the ACs in my class.
bro you wicked o
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Gptech(m): 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2016
DaveHert:

There was a day I used it to punish some ladies watching Telemundo in a friend's shop. I switched off the tv and they thought it was faulty! After pretending to do some stuff on the TV to make it work, I would repeatedly switch it off again; causing tension among them cause my friend nor dey take nonsense at all grin
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by DaveHert(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
Gptech:

There was a day I used it to punish some ladies watching Telemundo in a friend's shop. I switched off the tv and they thought it was faulty! After pretending to do some stuff on the TV to make it work, I would repeatedly switch it off again; causing tension among them cause my friend nor dey take nonsense at all grin

Lolz
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by xplicite(m): 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Note 4 remote control is not working
my device is on android 5.1
and my ir blaster is fucking up and not working with different apps I have tested
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by dafe99: 3:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
Since we all use our phones most times, perhaps its easier to control most in-house appliances. A friend of mine had one of those samsung gear watches, we used it to cause commotion in one of the eateries by turning off the tv, when they try putting it on, we put it off again Lol. They suspected us, but we weren't with any handheld device so we looked innocent. A very funny day though.
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by willian10: 5:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
dafe99:
Since we all use our phones most times, perhaps its easier to control most in-house appliances. A friend of mine had one of those samsung gear watches, we caused commotion in one of the eateries by turning off the tv, when they try putting it on, we put it off again Lol. They suspected us, but we weren't with any handheld device so we looked innocent. A very funny day though.
Does it work with ordinary plasma TV or DVD?
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by donhils: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
These days anytime I enter a bet9ja shop I'll occasionally switch off their tv especially the ones they use for those shitty computer games.
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by dafe99: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
willian10:

Does it work with ordinary plasma TV or DVD?
yes it does, mostly popular brands
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by udemzyudex(m): 5:58am On Nov 13, 2016
Now I see reasons why most tech giants are avoiding the ir blaster... smh

1 Like

Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by aieromon(m): 7:37am On Nov 13, 2016
Over 80% of contributors here have used it for pranks at one point in time. The IR blaster will die a slow death as the aim is defeated.
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by saxwizard(m): 8:43am On Nov 13, 2016
greenhulk:

link to download this app please
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2016
The one on my note4 not working and I don't know why
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 13, 2016
saxwizard:
link to download this app please

Just search for Peel Smart remote on the play store
Re: IR Blasters: How Often Do You Use It by makinson2865: 10:22am On Nov 13, 2016
Pls how can I use peel smart to control dvd whose model name or brand name is unknown ?

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Help With My Tecno K9 Plus, OTG Problem / The Best Gaming Phones 2021: Specs And Prices / Glo Bolt E3131 Unlock Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.