Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark (47920 Views)

#WorldCup: Peru Female Supporters Flashing Boobs At The Game Against Denmark / RIO2016: FIFA Cancels Mikel's Yellow Card And Two Others Against Denmark / Mikel Obi Paid $4,000 To Save Dream Team VI From Embarrassment In Brazil Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Standing5(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
hucienda:

To think it took the President a whooping SIX MONTHS! to find and select this sort of Sports Minister!

Daily news just keeps getting beyond pathetic by the day ... smh.

Anywhere you turn in-country same story. The state of most things are simply a mess - thanks to confused, incompetent leadership.

Anyway, Lalasticlala. Duty calls.
Silence is an option bros.
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Respect55(m): 7:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
olatunji21:
Boycott the match and come back home abeg..What's with the threat every time, u got 11days allowance 3days ago, now na match bonus, after 2moro's match anoda complain...
Is he complaining for nutin?

Why are u like dis??
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by PaulIdu: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
Jonathan clearly did not prepare Nigeria enough for Rio 2016 ,instead of him to have prepared this team long before handover he did not instead he was blowing money up and down . Now the price of crude has dropped what does anyone expect Buhari to do now
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Harrisee(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
safarigirl:
to hell with patriotism. Why can't your leaders collecting 300 million Naira per sitting be patriotic and pay people who actually earn their pay?

Who patriotism epp? You no see wetin do Keshi, Yekini and Amodu? See men that worked hard without pay and your useless government couldn't even give them befitting burials
. Some of these guys have family members to feed. Forget Mikel that is making millions, most of these players are playing in small leagues and NPFL, they haven't gotten good money in months cuz of the Olympics, but if na to insult them, una go ready

Phuck Patriotism abeg, get your money or you crash out of Rio.

They are playing for Nigeria not Buhari or dalung. They were being owed yet they boarded the flight to Rio. They shouldn't stand us up at this time. Keshi, Amodu and co served their country not her leaders.That's what matters. Don't expect patriotism from your leaders, If your elder siblings are treating your mum unfairly, you shouldn't join them. Those guys are serving their motherland in Rio. They shouldn't disgrace her in the open market.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:
I thought they are very patriotic. I forgot they are still Nigerians

they are simply expressing the same behavior your leaders imparted to them - why complain
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:
I thought they are patriotic. Naija
STFU
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Jokkarm: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2016
Sisia let me congratulate you for the achievement in the Olympic . I think buhari did not put a square peg in the round hole . The minister does not understand the meaning of foothball completion, they might think is a street ball.
Saisia please , we the Nigeria fans are pleading don't give up , dnt be surprise you are coming back with the cup. By the time you lift the cup, kind travel to America with all the players with the cup and stay untill they pay all the money they are owing .
Instead of appointing somebody that knows sports , somebody who is clueless was appointed .
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Jokkarm: 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
Jokkarm:
Sisia let me congratulate you for the achievement in the Olympic . I think buhari did not put a square peg in the round hole . The minister does not understand the meaning of foothball competition , they might think is a street ball.
Saisia please , we the Nigeria fans are pleading don't give up , dnt be surprise you are coming back with the cup. By the time you lift the cup, kind travel to America with all the players with the cup and stay untill they pay all the money they are owing .
Instead of appointing somebody that knows sports , somebody who is clueless was appointed .
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:

siasa is not a new comer in nigeria, this is not new. if the team win gold medal it will promote him and the players to get big club in future. and if there boycot the match because of money it will also affect him and the players in future
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by okechukwu101: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
IamThrive:
In Nigeria, everyday one new story to the other.

No wonder one of my friend told me that his friend is now listening to South African news and no more Nigeria.

What a world
hahahahaha...loolz. What kind of a country is this? Is it a crime to be a Nigerian
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by sevenhundred(m): 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
ebby9z:
I see comments here criticizing the level of the players' patriotism and i wonder what people commenting have ever done for Nigeria.
For crying out loud, these players and other athletes have been fending for themselves while our politicians pad budgets, use fleet of jets and buy jeeps from the national treasury without adding any value to the country. These boys are flying our flag and whatever happens there reflects on peoples perception of the country. Its little wonder we are treated poorly out there cos we dont even present ourselvesriotism honourably in the international community
must them rep the nation? nothing like patriotism here, they are working and not yet paid, ask civil servant or pensioners they will tell u it is normal!!!
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by shuggah(m): 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:

You need the sense more bro. Of course, it is an established fact that we have unpatriotic leaders. But disgracing your country because of unpaid wages is unpatriotic. You didn't remember you were being owed when you boarded the flight to Rio. Its like going to the market square to announce that your mother haven't served you break fast. You are playing for your motherland not her leaders. But I don't expect you to understand since common sense is not common.
buharist spotted.. even Venezuela is paying her athletes well
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by ogmask: 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2016
Chigold101:
I remember GEJ will always speak to encourage the players.

I remember GEJ will always give the coaches personal support during competetions.

I remember so many things GEJ did to encuorage our football teams.

I wonder why change agent Buhari is this wicked.

If they are his children wnt he give them their allwances.

I miss GEJ

Are you serious?

No wonder he ddnt have time for governance.

Meanwhile who was the president when Chris giwa / amaju pinik wahala started.
Who was the president when oliseh made same complaint?
Who was the president when the NFF building was sealed off?
Who was the president when Solomon ogba was crying for funds for preparation s?
Who was the president when keshi had same money issues?
I want you to name one area of our sports that GEJ fixed and even put money into to make it attractive.
I can go on and on but the truth is our sports, like other sectors, had always been in a mess.

Don't com here to mention GEJ as if he contributed anything to better the Nigerian sport arena.

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by AngryNigerian(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:
I thought they are very patriotic. I forgot they are still Nigerians

.Are you a newcomer here?
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by rareman(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:

You say patriotic? Let's ask Stephen Keshi the meaning of patriotic.
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by AngryNigerian(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
PaulIdu:
Jonathan clearly did not prepare Nigeria enough for Rio 2016 ,instead of him to have prepared this team long before handover he did not instead he was blowing money up and down . Now the price of crude has dropped what does anyone expect Buhari to do now
grin grin cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Folzye(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
Chai! Government workers are complaining that they have not been paid, those that work with private set ups are also complaining, A whole Olympic team representing a country is complaining, the unemployed are complaining, street hustlers are complaining, fraudsters are complaining, even mama B who owns peppersoup joint arround my area complains alot, I hardly spend 10mins in a place someone will start complaining.... I want to ask, is "COMPLAINING" A must have soft skill in Nigeria?
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
Respect55:

Is he complaining for nutin?

Why are u like dis??
This persons are fond of making threat every now and den, not that they are so "Super" as we have made them look...Y is it just d football team? We have other athletes at the olympic, yet the most vocal is d football team, hope they get booted out...Make we rest
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by kan12(m): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
MY PROBLEM IS WHEN AFTER THIS FUNDAMENTAL AND INITIAL GRIGRI VIA GRAGRA UNA STILL PLAY THAT MATCH.
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by saintdennis(m): 7:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ya'll prepare for this...wait for this.... Yea this is it...

THE U.S GOVT DOES NOT (and I repeat does not) FUND ITS OLYMPIC PROGRAM.

You All wanna be like U.S someday ? Then start acting like one!

Time for free meals is over NFF must begin to feed itself, a vibrant league will employ so many nigerians in football, media, menial labour, finance etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by shosky1794: 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Sunday Oliseh went through this same thing but when he resigned(which is what anyone in saner clime will do) you guys called him all sorts of names. They said he was not patriotic and he's never a good coach. Now we have the 'good coach' also wailing. At least he now has an excuse for failure which Oliseh didn't want give.

1 Like

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Charly68: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
I think it is apparent that this Govt is very very insensitive to some national issues ..The image making advantage that the team will bring to the country is much more than what the embassies could do in 4 years...so why not fund the team to encourage them...The sport minister is inactive & his boss is insensitive ..so where are we going in this country.
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by dikeigbo2(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
And the minister were just there taking selfies with beret upon berets.with deceitful smiles.... Rubbishing Nigeria's image on all fronts, their presence there are more mockery than patriotism

Oh where are the heroes past?
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by shosky1794: 7:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
Harrisee:

They are playing for Nigeria not Buhari or dalung. They were being owed yet they boarded the flight to Rio. They shouldn't stand us up at this time. Keshi, Amodu and co served their country not her leaders.That's what matters. Don't expect patriotism from your leaders, If your elder siblings are treating your mum unfairly, you shouldn't join them. Those guys are serving their motherland in Rio. They shouldn't disgrace her in the open market.

My thought exactly. Why did they get on the plane in the first place? And why did the coach not talk before now. When Oliseh talked about this thing, everybody was ready to throw stones at him. It has always been this way right from France 98 even before. So why is anybody surprised about this one. The Coach has been through this as a player and as a coach, I wonder why he's complaining now.
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by AlphaCentauri: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
saintdennis:
Ya'll prepare for this...wait for this.... Yea this is it...

THE U.S GOVT DOES NOT (and I repeat does not) FUND ITS OLYMPIC PROGRAM.

You All wanna be like U.S someday ? Then start acting like one!

Time for free meals is over NFF must begin to feed itself, a vibrant league will employ so many nigerians in football, media, menial labour, finance etc.
it is very interesting that you bring this up because come to think of it, no civilized country pays for sports that happen once in 4 years. they dont pay their athletes one kobo for sports. the athletes are sponsored by companies and corporations like NIKE, ADIDAS, VITAMIN WATER, LUCOZADE, etc etc etc. no sane country dips into its coffers to pay athletes. athletes go and look for sponsors and thats how they survive. so why do these BACKWARD nigerians expect the govt to be paying sports men ? instead of these usless companies in nigeria using tuface and whizkid and banky w etc etc as their brand face in nigeria they should be sponsoring and using our athletes instead. thats what civilized countries do

1 Like

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by tonyeb2k(m): 7:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
SafeAlhaji:
So buhari is the sport minister abi? if you miss Gej why cant you pack you baggages and pay him a visit, oshii ati iregbe
I must say ur indeed a stupid fellow, are you blind or daft to the things happening. Come on get some small sense na, must u show ur stupidity by commenting?
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by tuzle(m): 7:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Insanity: doing the same thing over again and expecting different result. Tell that to arsene wenger
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by SafeAlhaji(m): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
tonyeb2k:
I must say ur indeed a stupid fellow, are you blind or daft to the things happening. Come on get some small sense na, must u show ur stupidity by commenting?
Thanks bro for all your qaulifications against, but remember that it is this Gej you shouting that leave sit that this present administration on it now o.
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by saintdennis(m): 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
ogmask:

Are you serious?

No wonder he ddnt have time for governance.

Meanwhile who was the president when Chris giwa / amaju pinik wahala started.
Who was the president when oliseh made same complaint?
Who was the president when the NFF building was sealed off?
Who was the president when Solomon ogba was crying for funds for preparation s?
Who was the president when keshi had same money issues?
I want you to name one area of our sports that GEJ fixed and even put money into to make it attractive.
I can go on and on but the truth is our sports, like other sectors, had always been in a mess.

Don't com here to mention GEJ as if he contributed anything to better the Nigerian sport arena.

Azzin bro suddenly GEJ was the perfect president o.

I can't understand how nigerians suddenly have amnesia because of a bad patch we in @ the moment.

It's like the israelites fighting moses and telling him THEY PREFERRED WHEN THEY WERE SLAVES TO THE EGYPTIANS just because they were in the wilderness ...imagine

Everything now is GEJ (SAINT) PMB(LIAR)

1 Like

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
CHOPUP411:
Where is minister of United state of Nigeria
No mind the mòròn with his red cap
Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by BoneTackle: 8:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
passionate88:
Buhari has finished Nigeria. Let me see how omenka sweetlemon ngeneukwenu passingshot demdem and the rest will rope Jonathan into this
even progresive01 dropshot

you will never see them in such threads because it is not about about Igbo or SE, where they will open their stinking smelling mouths to shout ipad yoots

1 Like

Re: Siasia Backs Dream Team Boycott Of Quarter-Final Against Denmark by saintdennis(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
it is very interesting that you bring this up because come to think of it, no civilized country pays for sports that happen once in 4 years. they dont pay their athletes one kobo for sports. the athletes are sponsored by companies and corporations like NIKE, ADIDAS, VITAMIN WATER, LUCOZADE, etc etc etc. no sane country dips into its coffers to pay athletes. athletes go and look for sponsors and thats how they survive. so why do these BACKWARD nigerians expect the govt to be paying sports men ? instead of these usless companies in nigeria using tuface and whizkid and banky w etc etc as their brand face in nigeria they should be sponsoring and using our athletes instead. thats what civilized countries do

I just tire. Ifeanyi ubah has set the pace( tho that club name 'ifeanyi uba fc' and the one by saraki 'abs fc' is just plain dull

But more private individuals need to go into our soccer clubs, we have the population to emulate the EDO dynasty of Japan that focused on intra-trade /domestic trade not int'l/exports.

Make every sports agency go find sponsors, any sport that can't should "go and rest"

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2012 African Nations Cup Qualifier Nigeria Vs Madagascar (2 : 0) / Amaju Pinnick Snubs Gernot Rohr During AFCON Medal Presentation (Photos) / Drama As Footballers Chase Referee Abd Beat Him Mercilessly During Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.