Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? (495 Views)

It Is Urgent! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? by LawLord001: 5:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
I have been a regular visitor of this forum and I enjoy how you guys offer candid advice to members here! I decided to join to seek your advice on this very important issue.

I study law in university of Benin and I have been the one sponsoring myself. Due to financial constraint last session, I had to squat with a friend in Ekosodi(off camp). While I was there, his elder brother visited from Ghana, and spent recklessly, buying us foodstuffs, drinks etc.
After he had gone, I enquire from my roommate what his brother does for a living to have so much to spend, and I was shock to know that he was into cyber scam(yahoo).
Right now, UNIBEN is on break and will soon begin a new session by next month, but I have not been able to raise money to pay for my school fees and hostel accommodation which will cost up to #20,400. I chatted with my former roommate who knows about the situation.
His brother called me yesterday from Guinea requesting for my account number so that he can transfer some money to me. The truth is, I have learnt my lessons about crime and I don't want to get into trouble with the law. But some poeple I spoke to are advising me to just send my account number to him since I really need the money, but something in me is finding it difficult knowing that my roommte's brother is into scam. He has been calling me today obviously wanting me to send my account number!
I'm just confuse right now. Pls what do you guys think I should do?

Cc: fynestboi
Re: This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? by joe17: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Tell us the truth, does he want to use ur account for money laundering??
If u not sure and scared. Tel him to give his bro that u stay at and collect it from him...shikina

I really don't see anything to b scared of here, unless there is more to it that u ar not telling us.
Re: This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? by LawLord001: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
joe17:
Tell us the truth, does he want to use ur account for money laundering??
If u not sure and scared. Tel him to give his bro that u stay at and collect it from him...shikina

I really don't see anything to b scared of here, unless there is more to it that u ar not telling us.
The gospel truth is what I wrote up there! His brother has graduated and we are no longer together
Re: This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? by jamepatrick: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
I can't tell you not to collect money especially when am not going to send you. But I can provide an alternative for you. There are other honest ways to make money in Nigeria apart from yahoo. But one thing is certain if you collect the money just to pay for school fees now you will definitely go back to him for more and your conscience won't see anything wrong with cyber crime. Govt Schools don't chase people because they have not paid school fees but if you really don't want to collect money you need to find another source of income simple.

I still need your advise on this too bro:
https://www.nairaland.com/3284848/need-advise-how-handle-lecturer
Re: This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? by iamord(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
LawLord001:
I have been a regular visitor of this forum and I enjoy how you guys offer candid advice to members here! I decided to join to seek your advice on this very important issue.

I study law in university of Benin and I have been the one sponsoring myself. Due to financial constraint last session, I had to squat with a friend in Ekosodi(off camp). While I was there, his elder brother visited from Ghana, and spent recklessly, buying us foodstuffs, drinks etc.
After he had gone, I enquire from my roommate what his brother does for a living to have so much to spend, and I was shock to know that he was into cyber scam(yahoo).
Right now, UNIBEN is on break and will soon begin a new session by next month, but I have not been able to raise money to pay for my school fees and hostel accommodation which will cost up to #20,400. I chatted with my former roommate who knows about the situation.
His brother called me yesterday from Guinea requesting for my account number so that he can transfer some money to me. The truth is, I have learnt my lessons about crime and I don't want to get into trouble with the law. But some poeple I spoke to are advising me to just send my account number to him since I really need the money, but something in me is finding it difficult knowing that my roommte's brother is into scam. He has been calling me today obviously wanting me to send my account number!
I'm just confuse right now. Pls what do you guys think I should do?

Cc: fynestboi
lol . you like the honey but you are afraid of the bees. Calm waters never made a skillful sailor..well if you want to be in the safe side.. Ask in what firm the money is coming and where. Better still his bro can give it to u.
Re: This Is Urgent And Serious! What Should I Do? by LawLord001: 7:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
iamord:
lol . you like the honey but you are afraid of the bees. Calm waters never made a skillful sailor..well if you want to be in the safe side.. Ask in what firm the money is coming and where. Better still his bro can give it to u.
Well, you may be right but I just don't want to be linked with any crime! His bro has graduated already. He was in his finals when I stayed with him!

(1) (Reply)

WAEC: Result Errors Delay Naming Of Highest Scorer / Competition In The World Today / Rules Of FACEBOOK For Men.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.