Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,299 members, 7,957,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:20 PM

Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com (925 Views)

'Why Super Eagles Lost To Argentina' – Jay-Jay Okocha Speaks / Messi Returns Back To Argentina National Team / Lionel Messi Quits Argentina National After Copa Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Engrobiorah(m): 8:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lionel Messi has confirmed in a statement his intention to return to the Argentina national team.

The Barcelona star made the decision to retire from international football after another heartbreaking loss in the final of the 2016 Copa America.

Having spoken with new Albiceleste boss Edgardo Bauza, Messi has now made the decision to represent his country once again.

"I see there are lots of problems in Argentine football and I do not want to create another," he explained through a statement released on Friday.

"I do not want to cause any harm, I have always tried to do the opposite and help wherever I could.

"We have to fix a lot of things in Argentine football, but I'd rather do that from the inside and not criticising from the outside."

The captain affirmed that it was his love of Argentina that had convinced him to come back for the next World Cup qualifiers after initially stepping down from the team.

"A lot of things went through my head the day of the last final and I seriously thought about quitting, but I love this country and this shirt too much," he said.

"I thank all the people who want me to keep playing with Argentina, I hope we can soon deliver them some joy."

http://m.goal.com/s/en/news/468/international-football/2016/08/12/26452492/breaking-news-lionel-messi-returns-to-argentina-squad?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=enfb

cc lalasticlala mynd44 semid4lyfe
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
Shey he dey do yanga before. Coward.
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
lol..being smart is knowing when to end the drama
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Engrobiorah(m): 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Ok
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by kossyablaze(m): 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
Shameless he goat...
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
he's very st.upid..
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
Vicoch:
he's very st.upid..
kossyablaze:
Shameless he goat...
UrennaNkoli:
Cristina fans be like.^^^ grin

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by stylochime: 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
So The One-legged, Tax Evading, Penalty Missing, Ball On D'or Winning,record Breaking, Midget Has Changed His Mind?
D Poster Below Me Needs 3 Bottles Of Origin For That Statement
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by tizblink: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
Drama grin
If you just noticed, sorry!

So Messi's gonna trend again.
And Goal's brought out that gallery of all Messi's Argentina goals from the archives?

Oya Messi give it another shot.

Rubbish!
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Aragorn53(m): 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Awwn...Ronaldo has inspired him..cool
Messi be like: If Ronaldo can do it, I can do it.
He finally learnt his lesson on how to be a winner from CR7.
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by akinlaso(m): 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lionel messi,the best thing ever to have happened to the history of football

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by akinlaso(m): 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
TO Messi:
hi bro,you're not a loser but you're only missing two letters of your name
(messiAH) so find the AH for Argentina by winning the next world cup to makes your name complete
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Adeyeancah(m): 9:22pm On Aug 12, 2016
He's not the same Messi that retired oh, the last time I check, Messi wasn't wearing a blonde hair... grin grin grin

Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by MisterGrace: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
k
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Glaxx(m): 11:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
Star striker Lionel Messi will return to play for the Argentine national football team for "love" of his country, despite earlier vowing to retire in frustration, he said on Friday. It was heartening news for the country's demanding soccer fans after Argentina were knocked out of the Olympic Games this week in the group stage, their latest in a string of humiliations. The 29-year-old Barcelona superstar abruptly had announced his international retirement in tears after Argentina lost the Copa America final to Chile on June 26. "A lot of things went through my mind on the night of the final and I gave serious thought to quitting, but my love for my country and this shirt is too great," he said on Friday in a statement released by his management company. His earlier vow to quit had dismayed fans, many of whom held street rallies and posted online messages begging him not to go. It became practically an affair of state when Argentina's President Mauricio Macri called on him to stay. "It is a gift from God to have the best player in the world in a footballing country like ours," Macri said in June. "Lionel Messi is the greatest thing we have in Argentina and we must take care of him." WORLD CUP PREP Argentina's new coach was due later on Friday to announce his squad for looming World Cup qualifiers. Coach Edgardo Bauza met with Messi in Barcelona this week hoping to convince him to rejoin the squad. Bauza was due to announce his list of players for games against Uruguay on September 1 and Venezuela on September 6. A news conference was scheduled for the announcement at 2100 GMT Friday. Bauza took over the job from Gerardo Martino and was tasked with turning things around ahead of the 2018 World Cup, amid a management crisis at the Argentine Football Association. "There are a lot of issues that need to be resolved in Argentine football, but I prefer to help from within and not to criticise from the outside," Messi's statement said. "I send my thanks to all of those who want me to continue playing for Argentina. I hope that we'll be able to give them something to cheer about soon." OLYMPIC DISAPPOINTMENT Argentina have suffered a string of disappointing losses in big tournaments with Messi, including the World Cup final in 2014. His vow to quit followed by Martino's resignation deepened the chaos in the frustrated squad ahead of the Olympics. Argentina eventually exited the Games in Brazil on Wednesday after a 1-1 draw with Honduras. Five Ballons d'Or, four Champions League titles and three Club World Cups have prompted many to rank Messi the best player ever. But at international level he has only a 2008 Olympic title. His shortage of international silverware is arguably the one thing that stops him definitively eclipsing Argentina's World Cup-winning soccer legend Diego Maradona. Messi's phenomenal goal-scoring record and gravity-defying skills have helped secure eight league crowns with Barcelona as well as four Spanish Cups and six Spanish Super Cups. He helped lead Barcelona to league triumph in Spain this year, as one in a deadly trio of strikers along with Brazilian Neymar and Uruguayan Luis Suarez. But Messi has suffered off the pitch in a court case in Spain. He was convicted last month of tax fraud related to his image rights and vowed to appeal. The Spanish court handed him and his father Jorge a 21-month suspended jail sentence. The player was also fined the equivalent of $2.3 million and his father $1.8 million.
Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin grin
UrennaNkoli:
kossyablaze:
Shameless he goat...
UrennaNkoli:
Daughters of hate and Sons of petition... your hatered won't change the fact that messi is the best thing to ever happened to football.
And you guys hate him because his better than your favourite player or he has destroyed your favourite Team
..buh incase you don't know Hatred kills faster than lighting strike

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by Rapwiz(m): 1:06am On Aug 13, 2016
chai this my guy Committed suicide last time i told him dat messi has quit for his national team, pls dont die messi is back smiley sad

Re: Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina National Team-goal.com by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:27am On Aug 13, 2016
This is a bad news for Madridstas aka (football ipod youths).

(1) (Reply)

Wenger Told Mourinho He Can’t Sit Next To Him At Coaches Conference / WESTBROOK VS HARDEN....who Is A Better MVP Candidate This Season? / Bet9ja Sure Winning Code For Friday 18/3/2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.