Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute (38768 Views)

Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle / Nope / Ayodeji Answered 10 Tough Maths Questions Within 60 Secs(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by 2sexynet: 11:15am On Aug 13, 2016
LastMumu:

If you think formal education is a waste, why not try ignorance. Don't send your kids to school, let's see if they will make any difference from the almajiris of this world .

For those asking to see the video, kindly click the link below
[url]http://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1073998579355533&id=342856499136415&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1073998579355533%3Atl_objid.1073998579355533%3Athid.342856499136415%3A306061129499414%3A54%3A0%3A1472713199%3A7641647966036766484[/url]
page not found... youtube would do
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by dadabashua1(m): 11:16am On Aug 13, 2016
wow.... this girl is good... lord
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by supereagle(m): 11:18am On Aug 13, 2016
Nwa Odua.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by kenoz(m): 11:19am On Aug 13, 2016
Good
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Sirwallace(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2016
Where is the association of name checkers around.

That's a talent and a star in the making. Its good to know that students like this are still very much around especially at a time when the education system is nothing but a piece of gabbage where student are so dumb and lazy and the system is not doing anything to salvage the situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 13, 2016
eistien:
An oduduwa
yes o, oduduwa beating oduduwa's record. No other can beat us except ourselves. Oduduwa repping since time immemorial. Proudly afonjas oduduwa. Proudly yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Ugosample(m): 11:28am On Aug 13, 2016
deliveryboy:
It's common to see comments such as "proudly Igbo" and "proudly Iduduwa", Igbos and Yorubas are well know world over for intellectual successes over the years, how the current generation of Igbos and Yorubas celebrate minute everyday achievements is worrying, it goes to show that the youths are not driven to achieve anything great, given the fact that little achievements means so much to them.

You have also noticed too

1 Like

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 11:29am On Aug 13, 2016
LastMumu:

That is because a beauty pageant generates bigger ROI & revenue than these educational shows. Nigerians like you and I are more interested in watching Project Fame and Maltina Dance Hall competition than watching fruitful shows like this, hence, the beauty pageant will always appeal more to an average investor.
You can't blame organizers of these educational shows for the small rewards they give winners, they simply can't give what they don't have.
I don't watch those shows you mentioned na. Why are you accusing me like this?
I think these educational shows don't have good publicity, so we rarely know when they happen except when we see it on Nairaland's front page.

In all, I agree with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 13, 2016
CXLVII:
Oduduwa`s re naturally brilliant people......

Brilliancy runs in there veins....

I will implore the Federal and State government to set the standards that will promote these kids before they end-up exporting drugs to Indonesia where they definitely will be killed when caught
definitely, that advice not for oduduwa ppl. We are afonjas. Hope u understand what I mean.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by buckyfof(m): 11:34am On Aug 13, 2016
Victurh:
Good girl. Continue to make your parents and ur school proud.

Meanwhile
MATHS! The way to know very brilliant kids

When u ask people about their worst subject, they tell u maths!, dunno why. Maths is tactical and fun

if u check now

Na pple like dis dy get babanla F9 4 maths

1 Like

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by superstr: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2016
femidejulius:
While it is commendable, we should ask what exactly does solving maths add to our lives?

I hate formal education. We learn to draw and label insects when we were younger. Till now, it hasn't helped us a bit to better our lives. I still remember dos maths equation we were forced to solve. Today, they are still solving it in sch. Yet, it hasn't brought any positive change.
This complaint sounds common...anyway, it is an excuse for inability to ask why and act to convert all those theories to useful things. Albert Einstein was taught physics, he was not taught how to discover 'LAW OF RELATIVITY'. No excuse.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by PrinceEvolution(m): 11:35am On Aug 13, 2016
yoruba again..........................................................hummmm brains all da way!
jide219:

http://punchng.com/13-year-old-sets-new-record-maths-competition/
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by buckyfof(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2016
LastMumu:

If you think formal education is a waste, why not try ignorance. Don't send your kids to school, let's see if they will make any difference from the almajiris of this world .

For those asking to see the video, kindly click the link below
[url]http://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1073998579355533&id=342856499136415&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1073998579355533%3Atl_objid.1073998579355533%3Athid.342856499136415%3A306061129499414%3A54%3A0%3A1472713199%3A7641647966036766484[/url]

what difference have u ursef made, it's still d same tin dat has bin happening in d system....go in, go out and join d masses looking for meagre pay jobs

check all d richest men in d world and check how many were drop outs b4 u start saying quote that dosent stand to make any diff, and people use to deceive themselves
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2016
buckyfof:

[s]
what difference have u ursef made, it's still d same tin dat has bin happening in d system....go in, go out and join d masses looking for meagre pay jobs

check all d richest men in d world and check how many were drop outs b4 u start saying quote that dosent stand to make any diff, and people use to deceive themselves[/s]

Drop-outs are educated, that they do have a university certificate does not make them less educated. That some few Drop-outs are successful does not mean you shouldn't embrace formal education.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2016
revolt:
That girls brain was hot!! I watched it. Ofcos not too many comments here cos our youths would rather watch big broda or some whizkid baby mama news!! The things that matter theyre not informed in.
Little wonder they all shouted change and sai baba without knowing anything about the old papas past.
Nice point @ bolded. The last paragraph cracked me up though grin
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Feanah(f): 11:53am On Aug 13, 2016
Wow wow wow
I'd really love to know what her IQ is .
For those saying it's a waste,9ja this and that...
It's never a waste being intelligent.Please let's try and say only positive things when it comes to posts like this;our younger ones are reading this,why discourage them?Afterall,the people who will leave school for entertainment etc are not the ones we'll need to rule this great nation in 20-30years to come.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by buckyfof(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2016
LastMumu:

Drop-outs are educated, that they do have a university certificate does not make them less educated. That some few Drop-outs are successful does not mean you shouldn't embrace formal education.

nobody is saying people shouldn't embrace education, my point is don't criticize people who feel their way is not formal education
coz creativity is d key, once u re creative there's nothing u cant achive....buh d problem wit d system is our undergrad are not creative, they jus go to uni believing wen dy come out evryfin wud be Waiting for dem......are u getting my point

1 Like

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
buckyfof:

nobody is saying people shouldn't embrace education, my point is don't criticize people who feel their way is not formal education
coz creativity is d key, once u re creative there's nothing u cant achive....buh d problem wit d system is our undergrad are not creative, they jus go to uni believing wen dy come out evryfin wud be Waiting for dem......are u getting my point

Except in the entertainment industry where education seems to be of little importance, creativity without education will meet a lot of setback in achieving success. In the modern world of today, education at least to secondary school level is key.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by HCpaul(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
femidejulius:
While it is commendable, we should ask what exactly does solving maths add to our lives?

I hate formal education. We learn to draw and label insects when we were younger. Till now, it hasn't helped us a bit to better our lives. I still remember dos maths equation we were forced to solve. Today, they are still solving it in sch. Yet, it hasn't brought any positive change.

I sincerely support your view cuz am also a victim of those that doesn't advocate formal education but instead stick to the self-learning approach of acquiring knowledge. Solving mathematics won't help unless we know it's applications to reality.
Nikola Telsa spoke about this when he obliged scientists not to substitute mathematics for experiments.

Mathematics is mostly about using figures to express physical quantities which is quite tactical and systematic.
Mathematics is not as difficult as you may think just that one need the passion and a brain that can adopt the methodical and logical way of performing operations.

Every complexity that is solved via a systematic methodology is easy, approachable and knowable via consistent practice, IQ test and some other approachs.

Just go to other branches of formal system like computer science and you will be astonished with the complexity of logical reasoning and problem solving skills.

We don't need someone that can solve 17 equations that does not correlate with reality in one minute but an individual that can deduct equations for reality and solve them to solve world problems. We need people who can think systematically and logically. But most especially, we still need this girl.

Kudos to her though!

3 Likes

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Fourwinds: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
femidejulius:

U must be a dullard in Maths oooo.... ur hatred for Maths is like d anger in North Korea against USA.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by HCpaul(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2016
Fourwinds:
U must be a dullard in Maths oooo.... ur hatred for Maths is like d anger in North Korea against USA.

Been a mathematical genius is nothing special. Infact, mathematics is just an isolated course that has to be affiliated to other branches of science before it can function. Without effective application of mathematics to other scientific disciplines, mathematics is useless and apparently not worthy of emulation.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by MrMi6(m): 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
jide219:

http://punchng.com/13-year-old-sets-new-record-maths-competition/
17 questions in a minute. c'mon! she's smart tho. mathematics defining brilliance.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Delegate(m): 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2016
[quote author=LastMumu post=48442664]

[i][font=serif]If you think formal education is a waste, why not try ignorance. Don't send your kids to school, let's see if they will make any difference from the almajiris of this world .

Quite sure you are making all the difference on Nairaland and Facebook[color=#770077][quote author=LastMumu post=48442664]

[i][font=serif][color=#000099]If you think formal education is a waste, why not try ignorance. Don't send your kids to school, let's see if they will make any difference from the almajiris of this world .

Quite sure you are making all the difference on Nairaland and Facebook
[quote author=LastMumu post=48442664]

[i][font=serif][color=#000099]If you think formal education is a waste, why not try ignorance. Don't send your kids to school, let's see if they will make any difference from the almajiris of this world .

Quite sure you are making all the difference on Nairaland and Facebook
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by ginggerxy: 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
eistien:
An oduduwa
she is a genius. How I wish people with sharp brains like this to solve problems are the once we place over there as our leaders we will have lesser problem in this country. We celebrate good brains but at the end we will still vote for a dull leader. What a shame angry
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by 0866ma081: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
revolt:
That girls brain was hot!! I watched it. Ofcos not too many comments here cos our youths would rather watch big broda or some whizkid baby mama news!! The things that matter theyre not informed in.
Little wonder they all shouted change and sai baba without knowing anything about the old papas past.

Bro forget that we have brain in nigeria no doubt with all the brains we have what have what have we got to show for it? what have we invented?. I dn't think there is something we don't import in nigeria
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Comtee(f): 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hmmmm...mathematician guru
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by zyzxx(m): 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
She nailed it
More wisdom to her from above in Jesus name amen
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mami water grin
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Fourwinds: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
HCpaul:

Been a mathematical genius is nothing special. Infact, mathematics is just an isolated course that has to be affiliated to other branches of science before it can function. Without effective application of mathematics to other scientific disciplines, mathematics is useless and apparently not worthy of emulation.
u are very funny....read ur explanation and look at urself....

y are u playing d Ostrich....if other subjects use Mathematics it means they can not do without it....

is like telling someone hair is not important in d body...
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by kelvinkosi(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Am impressed

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by gemale(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
CHAI!!! I doff hat 4 her. Na wetin oyibo dey call genius b dt bt trust 9ja nt 2 provide conducive atmosphere 4 her 2 fulfill her full potential. Later dem go start dey claim am after oyibo don nuture d talent finish.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Youngzedd(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
Why is it always the south west and South East that represent us well in education.

What happened to other region and ethic groups

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lizzy Didn't Attend Vivian Fowler - School Releases Statement / Four Things You Will Miss In Nigeria If You Study Abroad. / 300Level University Of Jos Student Dies (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.