Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute (38767 Views)

Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle / Nope / Ayodeji Answered 10 Tough Maths Questions Within 60 Secs(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Appareil(m): 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Great
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Oscarz(m): 1:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
ruggedadventure:
*claps for her
clap her

1 Like

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Spells(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Why is maths always sad Oya make u ans dis lil riddle.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2016
For solving 17 Maths questions in one minute, a pupil of Scholars Universal Secondary School, Ota, Ogun State, Oluwatunmise Idowu, has set a new record in the annual Cowbellpedia Mathematics Television quiz.

Idowu, 13, set the new record when she slugged it out in the Group B stage of the on-going competition with Ayomide Nafisat Abdulwaheed, a JSS 3 pupil of Reality High School, Osogbo, Osun State; Olajide Osoba of Atlantic Hall, Epe, Lagos State; Edidiong Okon of Topfaith International Secondary School, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State; Charles Adesoba of Petoa City College, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State; and Vanessa Ibol of NOWA Secondary School, New Kashi, Nassarawa State.

With the new record, Idowu has beat the record of 15/60 seconds set last year by Ayodeji Akinkuowo of Adeyemi Demonstration College, Ondo State. Akinkuowo eventually won the senior category of the competition.

The competition is an annual programme organised by Promasidor Nigeria Limited. The phase won by Idowu involved a test of contestants’ speed and accuracy as they were required to answer as many questions as possible in 60 seconds.

Idowu, who said she spends four hours practising Mathematics everyday, also hopes to win the crown this year.

“I want to win. My parents want me to win, just like my school also wants me victorious. Winning the crown will be the greatest gift I want from God this year. Apart from the one million naira prize, the bragging right in my school and among my friends will be inestimable. I can’t wait for the glorious moment. I pray for God’s favour,” she said.

REALITY HIGH SCHOOL is in ILESHA, not Oshogbo.
....and i can categorically say that the school is the best school in Osun State....and one of the best in the south-west and in Nigeria. They have appeared in the finals of The Cowbell National Mathematics Competition both in the junior and senior category a record 10 times (2007 - till date) and have about 12 trophies in their cabinet including the Benson Oweka Prize. For this, i think the school deserves a special recognition from Promasidor Nigeria Limited.
I proudly say my three siblings and i have represented the school in the finals either in the junior or senior category and came out 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
I'm really proud of you guys....you kept the great legacy going.

ABEG....GIVE THAT GREAT SCHOOL 3 GBOSASSSS

1 Like

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by manie(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2016
jide219:

http://punchng.com/13-year-old-sets-new-record-maths-competition/

School in Otta Ogun State are known for grooming young Mathematicians. From Ambassadors College, to Ota Total Academy, to Iganmode Grammar School, and now Scholars Universal School.

These schools were past winners or top 3 contenders at previous Cowbell Mathematics competitions.

2 Likes

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Congrats to her
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by HCpaul(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
Fourwinds:
u are very funny....read ur explanation and look at urself....

y are u playing d Ostrich....if other subjects use Mathematics it means they can not do without it....

is like telling someone hair is not important in d body...

You are getting it all wrong bro. No genius and real scientist will question the importance of mathematics in scientific disciplines but it is typically useless to solve mathematical equations and failed to apply it to scientific expressions.

In country like Nigeria, we need more of mathematics applications than we need its theoretical analysis. Our problem solving skills should not just stop on the written pages of the manuscript but by using it to build a model that will simulate reality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by YungMillionaire: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
cool Yoruba people and sharp brain like bread and butter cool
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by mattmogan88: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2016
OK wedonhere
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Phi001(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
Sometimes, I think that competition is rigged...
She tried sha....
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nickymezor(f): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Wow! Datz so cool
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by JOSSYTEM(f): 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
keep it up sweet. make mum and dad proud
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
femidejulius:
While it is commendable, we should ask what exactly does solving maths add to our lives?

I hate formal education. We learn to draw and label insects when we were younger. Till now, it hasn't helped us a bit to better our lives. I still remember dos maths equation we were forced to solve. Today, they are still solving it in sch. Yet, it hasn't brought any positive change.

And this horseshit got 35 likes... weyrey nation.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 13, 2016
Who solved the question, whose picture are we seeing? Mtchew
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by TerrorSquad147: 3:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
revolt:
That girls brain was hot!! I watched it. Ofcos not too many comments here cos our youths would rather watch big broda or some whizkid baby mama news!! The things that matter theyre not informed in.
Little wonder they all shouted change and sai baba without knowing anything about the old papas past.
DAMN!!!

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
HCpaul:

You are getting it all wrong bro. No genius and real scientist will question the importance of mathematics in scientific disciplines but it is typically useless to solve mathematical equations and failed to apply it to scientific expressions.

In country like Nigeria, we need more of mathematics applications than we need its theoretical analysis. Our problem solving skills should not just stop on the written pages of the manuscript but by using it to build a model that will simulate reality.

Just because there isn't a current application of a specific sub-field of math doesn't mean it's useless. In fact, it's usually ahead of physics in terms of development.

Example: long before the development of quantum mechanics, the solutions to the angular part of Laplace's equations (spherical harmonics) have been well studied. Many years later (1920s or 30s), physicists found out that these spherical harmonics form a complete set of eigenfunctions of the angular momentum operator. Before then, it would be regarded as useless by people who share your view. But those solutions are bloody important!

Group theory is another example... and many more.

What we need in Naija isn't even advanced science. It's just the most basic stuff: goddamn manufacturing companies and energy generation.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by BrilliantMind: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
Keep the flag flying
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by TheAlchemist: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
kaen1317:
It's a pity u come from a stupid senseless country like Nigeria where talents are wasted if not b the Grace of God

That is why when i see the success story of venus and serena williams i am just glad their father relocated them to the US.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by yhormite: 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
She is a proud daughter of yoruba land reporting live from NCAN oou chapter
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by holarmy10(m): 4:33pm On Aug 13, 2016
Congratulations
Hope the parents won't force her to go and study medicine and surgery.... Cos it will be a disaster.. .
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by yhormite: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
Fellow NCAN members where are you
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by victechglobal1(m): 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ginus in the making, no doubt about that
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
Awesome!
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Alfaab: 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
sammystick:

Wow!!!!!

I am not surprised.Sebi na Yoruba?They have the greatest number of the best black mathematicians in the WWW...whole wide world.Yoruba in the same sentence with brain,intelligence,wisdom na like bird and fly....INSEPARABLE.
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Otses(f): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Good one. I wish her the very best and pray she wins the competition too. This is worthy of commendation
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by femidejulius(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
Sleekyshuga:

Sorry to say but your mind set is totally wrong..

Education is a key/basic/bedrock/foundation to every child's starting point..

'If you think education is expensive, try ignorance..'

Mathematics is an everyday applicable course..

**thinking** What will it profit you to make all the money in the world, and employ someone to draw up simple basic calculations for you undecided?

@ topic, WOW!!! Commendable.. If only the price money can be something tangible, though she is leaving a record that would always be referred to..

I never said education is useless. Did I? I believe in education too, but I choose to believe in the education that contribute to our lives positively as a nation. I will rather believe in the education that supports invention than one that leads nowhere. What has the mathematical equations you have ever solved contributed to the development of mankind? It is not about solving equations. It is about if those equations you solved eventually solved real life problems.

1 Like

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by femidejulius(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
narttis1:

Very dumb

Lol. You have eyes but can't see. The Wright brothers were called crazy when they said they will fly in the skies. Deep thinking are often met with criticism from a generality of 'dumb' people.

Hey! Go solve some more maths
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by femidejulius(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
LucifersTongue:

Funnily, the likes kept increasing. Maybe it isn't a horseshit after all cheesy
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by haryomikun(m): 7:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
femidejulius:
While it is commendable, we should ask what exactly does solving maths add to our lives?

I hate formal education. We learn to draw and label insects when we were younger. Till now, it hasn't helped us a bit to better our lives. I still remember dos maths equation we were forced to solve. Today, they are still solving it in sch. Yet, it hasn't brought any positive change.
I disagree sir. I mean with the Math equation thing.

Am no lover of math but understanding a simple but tactical concept makes you errrrm errrm.... More common sensical cool
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by haryomikun(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
LucifersTongue:

Baba me sef reason am o. Explains why nigerians don't have common sense

Ordinary math they cannot understand.

Come out into the real world, they still cannot understand many things

1 Like

Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by Frezhkid10(m): 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
NCAN... Reporting live from ketu branch,Lagos state...
Name: Olutummise..
#oduduwa region....
Re: Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute by mamaafrik(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
Olorun oni fikan mi ropo wa lojo ayo wa,where her pishure now..............??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Staff Who Stole 15-Year-Old Candidate's Number Arrested For Chatting Her / Four Things You Will Miss In Nigeria If You Study Abroad. / Lizzy Didn't Attend Vivian Fowler - School Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.