Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,396 members, 7,812,162 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank (47900 Views)

Domiciliary Account Opening: Which Bank Has Best To Offer? / Firstbank Reacts To Rumours That Its Elephant May Swallow Customers Money / How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by tempest01(m): 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2017
Agbaletu:

Zenith Bank requires Current Account and the source of fund to the domiciliary account.

I just applied for a dorm account with zenith bank today, with a savings account.
Funny enough I want asked for the referees, maybe they'll fill that in for me.
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by naijaceo: 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
My experience with my bank sometimes was really bad so I hope dom account will not be an issue. My account was freezed and was about to arrest me when my branch ordered them to transfer me all because they saw payments from naira4dollar and transfer up to #1m (transfer from first bank account). It was a savings account. Later, they investigate it and apologized and said that I used the account like a yahoo guy. Pls I need advice on which one to open cos I think dom account will even be worse. thanks!
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Sapeleboy911(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2017
I applied for a GTbank dorm account also. But the problem is the two referees. If I may ask what do I really need a referee for?
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by naijaceo: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
tempest01:

I just applied for a dorm account with zenith bank today, with a savings account.
How much did you open with and documents submitted? Did you have account with them before? thanks!
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by kuffy05(m): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2017
What are the benefits of dom account?
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Lokoyen(m): 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2017
Activityj:
ok. Can GTB accept referees that own current account in other banks and not theirs?

Yes
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Lokoyen(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2017
obajoey:
but it seems for gtbank u must have a current account before u can be allowed opening a dom account.
Not true
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Agbaletu: 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2017
tempest01:

Lucky you! They will take care of the referees.
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by AishaBuhari: 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2017
This is how OUR great currency has been reduced to NOTHING.

NAIRA even the Whites were dying to have is now worst than a toilet paper! undecided

Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2017
The critical issue is : how much are the charges ?
I was told at Union Bank that I would pay 20 USD per transaction irrespective of amount. That is steep
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by AishaBuhari: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
The critical issue is : how much are the charges ?
I was told at Union Bank that I would pay 20 USD per transaction irrespective of amount. That is steep
Lol! That should be if you're transferring from your bank to another bank but if it's a regular charge per transaction (withdrawal) they charge that amount, Bro run and don't look back.
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by AcquireCofOLand(m): 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2017
ON AND REAL ESTATE/PROPERTY INVESTMENT

IN IBEJU-LEKKI/AJAH & MAGBORO

DEPOSIT #100K AND GET TURKEY, BAG OF RICE AND COOKING OIL

buy 1plot from villa garden city
Behind MFM prayer City Magboro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklgX6yrWIc

Price: #650 per plot
Title: Registered survey
Size: 600sqm
Instant Allocation/Buy and Build

FLEXIBLE PAYMENT PLAN UP TO 6 MONTHS

3 Months plan: #230k × 3 months = #690k
6 months plan: #120k × 6 months = #720K

Deposit #100K and spread the balance for 3 to 6 months

Contact me on
08034113771 (or WhatsApp +2348027390046)

Let's discuss your options

Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2017
Activityj:
ok. Can GTB accept referees that own current account in other banks and not theirs?
can I link the account with freelance websites such as fiverr
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by samzzycash(m): 1:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
obajoey:
but it seems for gtbank u must have a current account before u can be allowed opening a dom account.
please is it possible to open 2different account with GTB if no how do I upgrade my account to start saving unlimited funds because my account limit is just 500k and that's pretty useless for me.
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by yomzy123(m): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2017
Activityj:
yes bro...had one with them but they will place call on them
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by yomzy123(m): 2:01pm On Nov 24, 2017
naijaceo:
How much did you open with and documents submitted? Did you have account with them before? thanks!
as for GTBank is 0$ needed and not must you have a dime inside the account, just the requirements
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Dfinex(f): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2017
enemyofprogress:
Ajepako which one be domi domi account again? Nigeria and dido issue be like 5 and 6

Oyinda1599 I miss you die kiss kiss

Lol...you what is domi domi?
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by stevenson007: 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2017
tempest01:

What is the opening balance
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2017
verygudbadguy:
You deposit in USD/GBP/EURO and you withdraw in same.

Can PayPal, Payoneer funds be transferred to DOM account and vice versa?
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Gentlevin: 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2017
alezzy13:

Kai!! You MIST have a current account. What probably happened was that the current account was opened at d same time as d Dom acc
Bros where u there when I opened mine? I opened without any current acct. I had only savings acct.....speak for yourself....
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Gentlevin: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2017
selfmadeOLX:

U have to use a third party to help u transfer from PayPal to your bank acct. Paypal won't do that for u due to our restriction.......
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by enemyofprogress: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2017
Dfinex:

Lol...you what is domi domi?
domi domi is another name for shoki shoki shonbolo grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by verygudbadguy(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2017
selfmadeOLX:

I don't really know about Paypal and Payoneer.
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Ubiquity: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2017
tunax5loon:
If I have $$$ in my Dom account, will I be paid at the bank rate or black market rate? How best can I get my money in naira equivalent?
You have the right to decide how to receive it, if the bank rate isn't cool with you, you can receive your money in the foreign currency and head to the streets (black market)
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Dfinex(f): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2017
enemyofprogress:
domi domi is another name for shoki shoki shonbolo grin grin

Ok..I don hear, well done
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by sagbar(m): 3:39pm On Nov 24, 2017
chronique:

What's the requirements? I currently bank with them and to be honest, it's been a lovely experience especially when it comes to funds transfer.
Just go there with any mode of identification: Intl passport, Voter's card or National ID card, then recent PHCN bill with ten dollars. You can get 10 dollars at the rate of 3600naira from aboki.
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by enemyofprogress: 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2017
Dfinex:

Ok..I don hear, well done
thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by tempest01(m): 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2017
naijaceo:

I have account. Savings. Opened with zero amount. Wanted to deposit, but was advised to chill till there is an account number.

Intl passport, Nepa bill, two paper with name and signature behind. There is something they said Abbott proof of funds though. I will use my account statement from a foreign account though

1 Like

Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by tempest01(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
stevenson007:

What is the opening balance

Check post above
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by Ojemedad: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2017
I have a few questions

When sending money to the dollar account will it show to my client that the said account is from Nigeria?
Does it have any other international restrictions like PayPal and the rest ?
Re: How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank by baddosky1: 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2017
Who needs a dom acct with GTB when i got Payooneer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How A Pregnant Lady Extorted Money From Customers At A Bank / Is N500k Enough To Start Kerosene Supply Business? / Obi Cubana, Other Billionaires Celebrate End Of Year Party With Families ( Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.