Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673293 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 10:57am On Oct 18, 2016
LagosismyHome:

it is not you who determine whether you want to carry or not .... Everyone is expected to carry a statement but in most cases it is not asked or looked out . However it is vital you take one because what if you are the few minority that is asked ... Then would you say u dont have one because of raised eyebrows .

So get the bank statement and if not a parent letter of sponsorship ready in case it is asked

Thanks @lagosismyhome. I just dont want to carry statement that the balance may look too much or too small consiering i have options with my uncles who are ready to give me their statements. Im considering btw 13-15M
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:58am On Oct 18, 2016
fatanu:

Like 14M+ should be ok then.... thanks

hummmm 14M for only one year , its now so expensive to school in the USA . This Buhari self embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:15am On Oct 18, 2016
dramaka:

Yes it is possible. I did exact same thing with no hassles. On the US immigration website, FAQ section, you'll be advised on an email address to send your request to stating the initial SEVIS ID and the new one, amongst other things. You'll also state the reason why you are transferring. You will also attach your initial payment confirmation.

Thank you very much. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 12:14pm On Oct 18, 2016
Well,I was hoping on telling them that I was born here and I do not need to pay the visa fees .Also, my mom is Nigerian. I'll explain that when I want to travel I will pay the permit.
Walspring:

Sure they do because i have seen some Nigerians here who applied from another country but its always good to apply directly from you country because that will give you home ties but if you have permit in the country that you are applying from, it another form of home ties
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Feexo: 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
My utmost respect and admiration go to Walspring and Imperiouxx and a few others for having the time to be here in spite of how busy people can get in this country. I am inspired by you people. I pray that God be with those looking to get their student visas in the U.S. However, bear in my mind that getting the visa is just the starting point; you must be prepared to work relentlessly and assiduously to make it here. And ultimately, patience constitutes an integral part of any success story too. Stay blessed peeps!!!

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
Airich01:
Well,I was hoping on telling them that I was born here and I do not need to pay the visa fees .Also, my mom is Nigerian. I'll explain that when I want to travel I will pay the permit.

I been seeing comments about what people want to do this week.........its not what you want but u need to find out what is the process and then follow due processs .

If the process states u pay the reciprocity fee upfront then you cannot decide to say but when i want to travel i will pay the permit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Well,the reciprocity fee is meant to be paid after the Visa is issued not before. As for the permit It's pretty expensive.. Our permit fee for foreigners is $1000... or the naira equivalent.
LagosismyHome:

I been seeing comments about what people want to do this week.........its not what you want but u need to find out what is the process and then follow due processs .

If the process states u pay the reciprocity fee upfront then you cannot decide to say but when i want to travel i will pay the permit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Airich01:
Well,the reciprocity fee is meant to be paid after the Visa is issued not before. As for the permit It's pretty expensive.. Our permit fee for foreigners is $1000... or the naira equivalent.

Well u are better of taking a Nigerian passport then ...... $1000 permit fee . What nationality is this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
LagosNIV@state.gov ,consularabuja@state.gov
Walspring:

Which email address do you send it to ?

Try and use your interview appointment portal to send it by clicking of provide feedback
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 1:23pm On Oct 18, 2016
Not so dear. Here's the thing,every country has how much they charge foreigners living in their country. That of China is about ¥400 ...I think the Nigerian own is the most expensive in Africa. so if I want to pay that I am a foreigner in Nigeria I would have to pay $1000. And though I know that there is a back door.. I don't plan on taking it. it might be half or less...
LagosismyHome:

Well u are better of taking a Nigerian passport then ...... $1000 permit fee . What nationality is this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Airich01:
Not so dear. Here's the thing,every country has how much they charge foreigners living in their country. That of China is about ¥400 ...I think the Nigerian own is the most expensive in Africa. so if I want to pay that I am a foreigner in Nigeria I would have to pay $1000. And though I know that there is a back door.. I don't plan on taking it. it might be half or less...

ok ..... what you are talking about me i have never heard of it so i really should not comment any further . You are best checking google or asking LagosNIV AbujaNIV directly

Before i acquired another passport i lived in a foreign country and didnt pay nothing to anybody . Also i have Nigerian who have lived in UK, Trinada , US and other countries holding a Nigerian passport and didnt pay one kobo outside the visa fee .. So if these permit exist as you say cool but it not applicable to Nigerians . I guess finally one thing to be cool about been a Nigerian grin

also i get you paying Visa fees to Nigeria government as a foreigner to stay in Nigeria but what does that have to do with the US embassy . ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ajibade105:
Hello,

I got this message from my preferred supervisor. What do you guys think about the message. Find below the message;

@Lagosismyhome @happyday @Walspring

Thanks.If you are interested in working with me, I would advise that you apply to the program through the Mathematics and Statistics Department and make clear that you wish to work with me on biostatistics/infectious disease methodology.

I cannot, of course, promise you a position in my group. This is partly because it is not my decision alone – the Department makes the final decision about whether entry to a program is allowed or not — and also I would have to offer positions to the best applications that come in. However, your CV/background does look impressive and I could certainly see you fitting in with my group.In terms of potential projects, there are numerous things you could work on. For example, I have projects involving infectious disease modelling, implementing computational algorithms for fitting these models to data. I also have a project looking at using similar models to model fire spread.

Alternatively, there will likely be chances to analyse data sets using high-level, but less computational, statistical techniques. for example, using statistical/machine learning tools such as random forests.

It's hard to predict what the project would actually look like since research probably wouldn't start for 18 months from now given that as an MSc student you would be doing courses for the first two semesters. Most of my students I give a choice of possible projects near the time, and let them choose. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.
One time offer! Grab it with both hands. Make sure your SoP speaks directly to his research interests. You can mention other profs, but specifically spend some sentences on your excitement with working with him, and what you look forward to.

He's right. Even if he wants you badly, a departmental admissions committee will still need to review your application, plus the graduate school too, before you can be admitted. Let him know you can't wait to get started in his lab.

All the best, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Lolzz... But its also the Visa fee in a way.. That doesn't matter. Just trying to explain. How is your day ? Umm.. Do I just go to GTBank and tell them I want to pay the us visa fees and they would tell me how to fill it?
LagosismyHome:

ok ..... what you are talking about me i have never heard of it so i really should not comment any further . You are best checking google or asking LagosNIV AbujaNIV directly

Before i acquired another passport i lived in a foreign country and didnt pay nothing to anybody . Also i have Nigerian who have lived in UK, Trinada , US and other countries holding a Nigerian passport and didnt pay one kobo outside the visa fee .. So if these permit exist as you say cool but it not applicable to Nigerians . I guess finally one thing to be cool about been a Nigerian grin

also i get you paying Visa fees to Nigeria government as a foreigner to stay in Nigeria but what does that have to do with the US embassy . ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello house. I have come again with another question o.. Please do we need medical certificate for f1 visa processing? What I mean is ,is it safe to have it with me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
Airich01:
Hello house. I have come again with another question o.. Please do we need medical certificate for f1 visa processing? What I mean is ,is it safe to have it with me?
You don't need medicals for F1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 18, 2016
Please which of the schools below will you advice I go with for MS in MIS, assuming all things are equal.

Northern Illinois Uni
University of Arkansas, Little Rock
Murray state uni.

cc landuseact, cuteconnec, baodium, LagosismyHome
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Justiceotuya(m): 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good day everyone and thanks for your wonderful inputs.

I intend on applying for a passport but on checking the immigration site, it was stated that the fee for a passport is about 16,000 naira for 32 pages but countless people who I have asked told me that they spent at least 30,000 naira to get the passport.

So I want to ask if apart from the 16k stated on the site there is other fee we have to pay.and how much is it

Thank you very much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
Justiceotuya:

I intend on applying for a passport but on checking the immigration site, it was stated that the fee for a passport is about 16,000 naira for 32 pages but countless people who I have asked told me that they spent at least 30,000 naira to get the passport.

So I want to ask if apart from the 16k stated on the site there is other fee we have to pay.and how much is it

Thank you very much
You're talking as if you're not in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 5:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
Justiceotuya:

Thank you very much
u can pay 16k but u won't get it until thy kingdom comes.. dey will keep u pushing around ... but it is advisable u go tru someone u know in d immigration office
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 5:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
Justiceotuya:

Thank you very much
u can pay 16k but u won't get it until thy kingdom comes.. dey will keep u pushing around ... but it is advisable u go tru someone u know in d immigration office.
that's when dey charge high but fast In 2 days so u get it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Do I need to do any medical examination for f1 Visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
fatanu:
Guys help me out...I need to make a payment eshipglobal, about $104. Nigerian cards has been ban...even with paypal. PLease anyone who can help me out pls
don't use that useless e-ship global. If you can have them send it to me here in US I can help you send it via EMS speedoost nothing more than $60

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Medicine after death.
Nozzle:

sehawale i was just kidding...nothing serious.
i was denied student visa in 2012 but had my B1/B2 visa intact! All visa categories are totally exclusive. however, they might stamp a cancel on an expired visa. My expired C1 visa was cancelled when i tried to get another visiting visa. So you should be fine.
With ur profile u clearly have the advantage so take ur chance, atm you are stumped by two issues;
oil price is still in the low, O&G job prospects are still slim at best.(am sure you have friends who have lost their jobs)
The savings you have set aside (if in naira) dwindles as recession continues and dollar strengthens.
make hay while sun shines
wish you all d best
sorry abt my jab, no hard feelings.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2016
slimmy2005:
don't use that useless e-ship global. If you can have them send it to me here in US I can help you send it via EMS speedoost nothing more than $60

E ship global is really cheating students because due to economies of scale as most schools uses them, their service is really suppose to be much cheaper but instead it charging rip off prices....na wa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
question e fam... pls are dependants allowed to work in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcjendol: 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
By mafit promo is still on ,I was there today for my TOEFL registration 45k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcjendol: 10:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
@lagosismyhome thanks for always being there.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 11:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
mcjendol:
By mafit promo is still on ,I was there today for my TOEFL registration 45k.
No mind them, their promo no dey end... I plan to register for GRE with them soon sha.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dramaka(m): 1:53am On Oct 19, 2016
Airich01:
Do I need to do any medical examination for f1 Visa?

Not for the US. I know Canada does require.
Your school will however ask for immunization records to rubella, measles and the likes. If you don't have, don't stress it, you can get it done when you get to school. If you have, take it along. Meanwhile, if you can get it done in Nigeria, do so, or you may end up paying so much for it here under the so-called health insurance which I just don't get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:53am On Oct 19, 2016
sassyboochic:
question e fam... pls are dependants allowed to work in the US?

No F2 spouse dependant are not allowed to work or school full time...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:40am On Oct 19, 2016
LagosismyHome:

so sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 19, 2016
LagosismyHome:

so sad. is there any other option?

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.