Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (671825 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 11:46am On Oct 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If your i20 error was done by the school then contact them immediately to correct at their cost .... Let them know , be polite about it and a sensible school will pay for the shipping fee

secondly sevis is £200..... this school is not serious ooo. Most student complete the I 901 online and then go pay the Sevis and hence free to complete i 901 so why do they need you to send it with £100. what school is this ?? .. Is it a one man school ?

also if you are not sure what that form is , instead of guessing or receiving guess work on nairaland.. Always call or email and clarify

Also will this error not be in my sevis id details with dept of Home Sec becos i have paid for it ooooo. I dont have all this extra budget ooo. The school have to pay for the shipping sef, not my error.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:53am On Oct 21, 2016
fatanu:

Thanks for the quick response. I hope I was polite when writing them because I was so angry. Secondly I'm not too clear about your explanation on the I-901. They wrote as a direction that if I want to pay for the fee via credit card I should go to their site and if it's through mail I should fill the form out and send it with $100.
My school is Eastern Illinois Uni.

What the school is saying is that , if you fill out the form ,someone in the school end will help typed all those details online for a fee of $100 ........ Them no know say dollar don cost for here

Also they have forgotten that you are from a country that CANNOT pay Sevis via credit card online. some countries can but not Nigeria . When you are ready just go online and fill out the I 901 and find who will pay your SEVIS through western union or US certified cheque
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Wilfredekene: 11:54am On Oct 21, 2016
Good morning house,

I've been a silent follower of this thread for a while and I must confess that we do a wonderful job out here to the glory of God
My interview was scheduled for 6:30 am on 11, Oct, 2016 and the transcript is as follows,

VO: Good morning Sir
Me: Good morning Sir, how are you Sir
VO: I'm fine, Pass me your 1-20 and Sevis fee receipt please
VO: What are you going to the US to do
Me: My masters program in Computer Information System
VO: What are your Study Plans
Me: My course is approximately for 35 months, and I've got to complete my 56 units before graduation in courses like business communication, data modelling and structure, information system, he cuts in why now?
Me: Nigeria is transforming her business processes from manual to automated processes, and the time is perfect to key into that to develop oneself and contribute my quota to national building and development.
VO stares at me with a smile and said, go to this address and pick up your visa after 3 working days
Me: Thank you Sir

Note: It was not because of confidence or profile which helped by the way but It was simply the grace of God and sincerity of purpose.
Don't be desperate, be smart, calm confidence and most of all, Pray that they VO will see the glory of God in you. In your DS 160 application be sincere and consistent. Good luck guys

23 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wilfredekene:
Good morning house,

I've been a silent follower of this thread for a while and I must confess that we do a wonderful job out here to the glory of God
My interview was scheduled for 6:30 am on 11, Oct, 2016 and the transcript is as follows,

Me: My course is approximately for 35 months, and I've got to complete my 56 units before graduation in courses like business communication, data modelling and structure, information system, he cuts in why now?
Me: Nigeria is transforming her business processes from manual to automated processes, and the time is perfect to key into that to develop oneself and contribute my quota to national building and development.
VO stares at me with a smile and said, go to this address and pick up your visa after 3 working days

Note: It was not because of confidence or profile which helped by the way but It was simply the grace of God and sincerity of purpose.
Don't be desperate, be smart, calm confidence and most of all, Pray that they VO will see the glory of God in you. In your DS 160 application be sincere and consistent. Good luck guys

Congrats and welcome to america ..........God bless your new journey

35 months caught my eyes , wow that is long oooo and even the credit hours 56 for masters. ... Depending on the tuition fees but that might add up to a lot of expenses as other Master in Computer science can be completed in 18 -24 months . ...... Just thinking aloud because the exchange rate is not smiling but it is well with Nigeria soon

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

What the school is saying is that , if you fill out the form ,someone in the school end will help typed all those details online for a fee of $100 ........ Them no know say dollar don cost for here

Also they have forgotten that you are from a country that CANNOT pay Sevis via credit card online. some countries can but not Nigeria . When you are ready just go online and fill out the I 901 and find who will pay your SEVIS through western union or US certified cheque

Thanks i have filled the sevis form online and will be making the payment soon. Please i hope the error they did in my i20 will not be in my sevis id number details they gave me, please let me know before paying for the sevis fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
fatanu:

Thanks i have filled the sevis form online and will be making the payment soon. Please i hope the error they did in my i20 will not be in my sevis id number details they gave me, please let me know before paying for the sevis fee

if it bothers you then dont pay Sevis until the i20 is corrected ....... always go with what you are more comfortable with
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kennyanderson: 12:08pm On Oct 21, 2016
dramaka:

Good schools. By ranking, FAU almost ties with BGSU, afterwards MTSU then YSU.
They are average schools and you have a very high chance of getting funded. Have your GRE and IELTS/TOEFL handy.
Thank you, you've really helped
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

if it bothers you then dont pay Sevis until the i20 is corrected ....... always go with what you are more comfortable with

Thank you. Someone has claimed the responsibility for the error and will ship a new i-20 to me. Also they will correct my sevis record details for the error as well. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2016
Hello gurus in d house, how can someone sounds like he or she rehearsed or crammed the speech and wot are guide line for not to sound like crammed or rehearsed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by motifoluwasolami: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
good day house, i have come again ooo.
please i want to contact some grad coordinators but i dont know how to formulate the mail.
please anyone with leads should help me.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wilfredekene:
Good morning house,

Perfect! That is what I am saying. You shorten the interview process by witty and motivational statement. It just wow the interviewer. Cool guy

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2016
Wilfredekene:
Good morning house,

Respect! You nailed it!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:00pm On Oct 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If your i20 error was done by the school then contact them immediately to correct at their cost .... Let them know , be polite about it and a sensible school will pay for the shipping fee

secondly sevis is £200..... this school is not serious ooo. Most student complete the I 901 online and then go pay the Sevis and hence free to complete i 901 so why do they need you to send it with £100. what school is this ?? .. Is it a one man school ?

also if you are not sure what that form is , instead of guessing or receiving guess work on nairaland.. Always call or email and clarify

$200
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
biikeys:

$200

grin grin grin....so i actually used £ sign all through.. just noticed it . Lol.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by falosam: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good afternoon house......
Have applied to Missouri state university and all my documents are complete for almost 2 month now.... No admission decision has being taken up till now.... Is anybody currently in the school or who knows about the school and admission decision.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2016
DeeTus:
@Cseejhay, check your mail and respond.

i checked bros, cant find ur message sire.pls could you resend.i really want to hear from you.Thanks plenty.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2016
Pls I want to knw more abt , how can someone
sounds like he or she rehearsed or crammed
the speech and wot are guide line for not to
sound like crammed or rehearsed....@lagosismyhome, walspring, oludare and others thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2016
adup:
Pls I want to knw more abt , how can someone
sounds like he or she rehearsed or crammed
the speech and wot are guide line for not to
sound like crammed or rehearsed....@lagosismyhome, walspring, oludare and others thanks

well maybe practicing in front of a mirror and not with any paper and when u say it let it flow and not quoting word for word for what u have written down ..... Just let it flow naturally , just have the content in your head ......... have some friends do a mock interview, changing the questions

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2016
Walspring:

Lol... Nah till next election him go collect am.. grin grin grin grin
Lool...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by drfdee: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2016
Good day.I want to do masters in the U.S.I currently av a valid U.S visa for B1/B2 on the ground Medicals.I had my ist child in the U.S. and planning to have the 2nd one dre by April 2017. Am just beginning to consider some schools.do I need to write change of intent to d embassy or I need to apply for student visa all over
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2016
Mayflowa:

Unfortunately, sevis fees is not accepted in Nigeria western unionS. But Ghana, Cameroon and Benin(Cotonou) western union does.Hopefully they will start if Bank continues with the disuse of Mastercard for dollar payment
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cabayes: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2016
Please, who lives in the Chicago area. I'm looking for accommodation.i do not mind sharing the bills. My number is 347-414-3159. Text me Chicago and I'll give you a call
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
evening guys, using Western Union to send money to someone in Yankee will d person receive it at d same rate over there as it is in naija, cause I learnt Western union is at 345/$ ,another question after d person pays for me do I need the original receipt or all will b sent to d email used in paying d fee ? Plss kindly explain to me .
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2016
LagosismyHome:

well maybe practicing in front of a mirror and not with any paper and when u say it let it flow and not quoting word for word for what u have written down ..... Just let it flow naturally , just have the content in your head ......... have some friends do a mock interview, changing the questions

Thanks ma, u are onederful and Twoderful.... Lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2016
cseejhay:

i checked bros, cant find ur message sire.pls could you resend.i really want to hear from you.Thanks plenty.
Check your other box.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2016
falosam:
Good afternoon house......
Have applied to Missouri state university and all my documents are complete for almost 2 month now.... No admission decision has being taken up till now.... Is anybody currently in the school or who knows about the school and admission decision.

Send them an email asking them whatsup.
Stylishly telling them you have to make decisions and preparations.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2016
Abeg who needs naira? I need $205..i can do #425/$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
sirRiddy:
Hi guys,
if anyone wants to pay fees like SEVIS fee, you can send me a pm.
I will be willing to deal at 420 Naira to a Dollar.
Good luck to those applying for 2017 Spring and Fall admissions.
hello brother, is this deal still Available? I need $205 cash.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2016
femi321:
Abeg who needs naira? I need $205..i can do #425/$
$205 for GRE? Just go to mafit site. Use google its 50k offer Kat's till Nov 1
TOEFL 45k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 21, 2016
electronic:

$205 for GRE? Just go to mafit site. Use google its 50k offer Kat's till Nov 1
TOEFL 45k
GRE? nah I am in the US already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2016
femi321:
hello brother, is this deal still Available? I need $205 cash.
Check your mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.