Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672946 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elkiddo: 12:27pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello everyone. This is a very informative thread and has opened my eyes to some things. pls if someone can help with materials for the new SAT I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Royat1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
akins2016:
Hi guys
It's been so busy here. Oyinbo too get wahala.person no fit dub assignment again. Oga ooo.
Please bro ,which city and school u dey ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 12:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Anuoluwapo89:
Good VO, this the first time I would be talking because have been a silent follower who enjoy this platform a lot even tho I join not long ago.
I went for interview yesterday at Lagos was at window 7 And was refused the man ask why my sch which is Virginia international university fair fax I gave some reason and he said out of over 100 university in us why the sch I spoke he den refused me but now u have re apply and going next week and my sch is resuming on the 29th of this month what are my chances and what can I do to scale through this time pls God bless.

After few years, the notorious VIU grin pops up here once more. This school gave a lot of people visa rejection in the past. Do they still give admission without proper documentation or an agent helped you get the admission? Please be sincere here because this is a serious matter years ago. I can get you the list of 2012/2013 thread members I and few others advised when they all seem to be rushed to this useless VIU. In fact, I haven't seen anyone that has got it with VIU here before.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
Cc amanze15 this is for you

I saw this quote by the student visa team.... a dropbox option really great for student visa renewal .

Source : Student Visa Team NL
If you are coming to Nigeria for leave, you can use the Dropbox renewal program - you just include your new I20 and your transcripts with the application and it is adjudicated without an in-person interview.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Helkayklassic(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
cseejhay:

The moment u ask people to modify transcripts, then u are not asking for a transcript of the real conversation that took place.this is just like u asking for coke to be diluted before its taken, imagine how the taste will be, it losses that sharp taste and you don't get its real taste anymore.i strongly believe that in this thread, we are interested in exactly how your interview went and not modified and sweatened version of ur interview, who cares about that? pls i think this is exactly how his interview went.
i have noticed that a first post is that which comes from the natural flow in the mind/head. a modified version is that which is typed to suit the reader; its untrue and in-genuine in most cases.
NB: Read through his transcript all over, he keeps emphasizing on the word 'GRACE", this should make a meaning to you.no offence pls.Thank you.

There is proof read there bro, i didn't say he should modify it by adding salt and maggi. There are a lot of errors there, for example 'we' for 'will'. Not trying to form Wole Soyinka here, i was just calling his attention to some errors in his transcript. Read my post again and slowly, then you will get what i mean. Thank you and have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
cseejhay:

Pls gurus, this Virginia international university thing is becoming what i don't understand. i remember reading in one of the earlier parts that VOs deny people with VIU's I20 visa and reasons were stated.it will be great if any of our gurus can take time to post a list of few other schools with this issue of visa, so genuine students don't start accumulating denials without knowing the cause.Alternatively, a general advice on this subject would make a lot of sense.Thank you plenty.

Phoenix, Everest (closed now) and others. Just copy MsNas or simply type "VIU" in search box. That takes you to our old posts about the school and its likes. Another simple way of knowing those useless schools is when they don't ask to see the official transcript before sending you a I-20.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Venek: 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
elkiddo:
Hello everyone. This is a very informative thread and has opened my eyes to some things. pls if someone can help with materials for the new SAT I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Chk d college board website, d practice questions is d, download it n use, u can also practice with khan academy,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by recasy(m): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
MrMann1:
Travel transcript

Flight was on Sunday 14th August.
I got to the MMIA around 2:45pm, joined the queue at Emirates stand to get checked in for boarding pass and collect baggage claim.

The immigration officer asked what items I had, told him clothing, garri, beans and dried fish. He used his hand to feel all the items and ask me to "shake body" I gave him 1k sha.

Moved to get boarding pass and baggage claim, then I was directed to go to gate E55 for pre boarding check.

All the officials at immigration checks want a tip. Well I gave few and ignored others after I had given my brother the remaining naira cash on me, then I bid my family a goodbye as I joined gate E55 queue around 4:12pm.

By 4:48PM, I was done with all checks, joined the large crowd sitting at the waiting room of gate E55

I boarded by 5.30 after my zone number was called, checked for my number seat and things seem to happen fast.
I did not have chance to seat with a chic, I was stuffed in the middle of 2 elderly ladies, pretty sure they are mummies..

O boy... Emirates sweet. The touch screen in my front cannot be fully exhausted, well I no dull myself. I listened to music tracks of Fela, Whitney, Rihanna & Bob Marley, watched CNN.

Plane took off exactly 6:06pm, Naija time.
I decided to eat spiced chicken with herbs, plus orisirisi appetizer. Anytime I remember the amount wey I use buy ticket, I go juz vex put mouth for everything in my food tray.
Some will taste like Shiite, but I go juz gulp water to drain it down. Drinks?? I had few can of beer, spirit mixed with juice and white wine. Wetin concern me.

Watched Money Monster, listen to music, slept off for a while then we landed at Dubai 4:30am for stop over.

Mehn Dubai airport na business center.
I located Gate C17 for flight connecting to Houston.
Used WiFi to connect to a dubai laptop seller that we already had a deal to deliver to me at Dubai airport, he did not reply chat then I wasted money to buy a call card for 30AED
His fone rang, but he wouldn't pick up, I had to dash out the call card to a cleaner at the airport after I tried calling Naija all to no avail.

Boarding to Houston flight started at about 7:40AM Dubai time.
Took off around 9:15AM Dubai time
I slept alot during this flight cos my seat was close to the air hostess where I had chance to stretch my legs.
Smell of food always wake me though grin
Stop over @Toronto to refuel 2:18PM Canada time. We never alighted here, so I viewed Canada from the window.
In about 45mins we were on our way to IAH.
Watched movies, CNN and listened to music mostly while I napped.

By 5:20 we landed at IAH and moved to POE.

POE: Hello! Your passport pls, what are you doing in the states?
Me: I'm here for studies as I gave her passport, admission letter and i20.
POE: Oh. You are a student.
Me: Yes ma'am
POE: Checks my passport and mentioned my name almost correctly and smiled, then asked if she pronounced it well
Me: I smiled back and said yes.
POE: What are you studying?
Me: Computer Sc.
POE: OK, she then proceeded to do biometric

She then asked me to wait at the back of her booth that an officer will come take me from there. Holding my passport and i20.
I waited a few seconds and an officer directed me and some few others to a room where immigration and police admitted us in.

I think one lady from Algeria had issue with her visa, dunno if she was deported.

While waiting in this room to be attended to, I sharply connected to Wi-Fi, chat up my uncle, who told me that he is already waiting for me outside.

Then I made a silent prayer to God that nothing should hinder me.

After about 30 minutes the officer called me and handed over my docs - passport, i20 and admission letter.
Then I went down through the escalator to claim my baggage where it passed through screening, my passport was checked here again.

Then I was free, and voila I went out of the airport to meet my uncle....

Mehn. America is damn organized.

Please can someone carry two hand luggage? flying with Emirate. I have my laptop bag and my suit rack.
thanks!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 1:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
Christian129:
lol.. Knew u were gonna point that out. Truth is I won't eat my words because I'm making an inquiry from you. Baba, you are one of the few people that guys on here respect but, your attitude then needed to be checked. The truth is you derailed the thread and I called your attention to it. I don't think I did anything wrong by calling you out. Anyways, for the sake of peace, I'm sorry.
PS: I got information about GVSU from your visa approval transcript and your other meaningful posts, not the ones...........
its all good.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
imperiouxx:

Send your location in Brooklyn to my inbox. Hopefully, there would be time before you leave.
i wilk do so chief master sergeant sir..... will be here awhile...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
recasy:

Please can someone carry two hand luggage? flying with Emirate. I have my laptop bag and my suit rack.
thanks!

grin grin grin you need to see some of our people when they are coming back on holiday with their buy buy. Handluggage fit reach 3 and overspilling

if i may ask why do u want to trouble yourself carrying a suit rack instead of checking it your luggage . Except say u dont want the suit to be wrinkle , but light is constant there .

But back to the question , yes these two are perfectly fine

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bejust(m): 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
warriboy21:

naaa...like i said earlier...the conditional admission is like a general condition for all graduate school in the us..that states that u must achieve gpa of 3.0 and above...
i had such conditional i20...its no biggie in y school.....

some schools like troy uni conditions can be that you have to take prerequisite courses beffore full admision....but my school gives u the full admision on the condition that u get a minimum 3.0 gpa to continue
warriboy, just for clarification... will it be written on the i-20 that you were offered conditional admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
bejust:

warriboy, just for clarification... will it be written on the i-20 that you were offered conditional admission.

It Will be written but not boldly written....like I said it's just a gpa conditional admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cabayes: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abeg who dey Chicago, I need help to the nearest bus station/fastest to Michigan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Richmond996: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
Helkayklassic:

There is proof read there bro, i didn't say he should modify it by adding salt and maggi. There are a lot of errors there, for example 'we' for 'will'. Not trying to form Wole Soyinka here, i was just calling his attention to some errors in his transcript. Read my post again and slowly, then you will get what i mean. Thank you and have a nice day.

The poster in question as you can see is still in cloud 9 thats why you see all that error. I believe he posted this after the interview, he never "hexperedit" cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrMann1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
recasy:

thanks!
Yes you can. The total weight should not be more than 35kg I think.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by bejust(m): 5:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
warriboy21:

It Will be written but not boldly written....like I said it's just a gpa conditional admission
Thank you, your contribution here is highly appreciated.
keep up the good work bro. will join u soon grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almeida3: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2016
LagosismyHome:

U see how i reference u ooo. So that i am not guilty of plagiarism grin grin
I like your sense of humour smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by benjijosh(m): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2016
Walspring:

I will advise and suggest that you stick to thread like bread and butter in order for you to learn more and start reading from part 3 till recent part and focus on your final year first and make sure you get the first class and it will help you to go for Ph.D directly in some schools in US that match you profile.

Also during your nysc year you can start searching for schools that suit your taste with the amount that you mentioned above, then write GRE and Toefl but make sure you have good scores because it will help you during funding or scholarship application also with a good statement of purpose as well.

If you get good grades in those test and good Gpa, you will end up getting a full ride scholarship and you won't spend much for either your Msc or Ph.D

Lastly some schools will ask you to evaluate your university transcript and make sure you get ready to do that too..

Wishing you all the best

Found this helpful, Thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by benjijosh(m): 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
cutemorgan:

Baba, you are currently on the right thread. Of course there are a lot scholarship/assistantship opportunities. With this your cgpa, the sky is only a foundation. All you need to do is maintain that cgpa or make it higher when you graduate, checkout schools that conduct research in your area of interest, axe the GRE and TOEFL, construct a very good Statement of Purpose and get your undergrad lecturers to write a cool recommendation letter for you. I will advice you take time to go through some previous parts of the thread (at your leisure) to get yourself acquainted with the whole process. Feel free to ask on the thread if you need clarification about anything, everyone is willing to help (I am a newbie here myself). You don't need to get yourself worked up about approval/denial of visa for now. God will take care of that when the time comes.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 6:05pm On Aug 18, 2016
Good day, Good people.

Is in-law (elder sister's husband) credible to VO to use as sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2016
Piuorji:

No its not a requirement 2 stay alive but U neva post your transcript . If Warriboy21 no won call u out directly & my 9 likes on d other post , make i do am
ok so whats next
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by surgeonheric(m): 6:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
hello I want to write TOEFL and I need someone to help me with the procces
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hi all. Abeg can someone apply to two different schools in the same city. For example, University of California and California State University. Abeg, won't those send a wrong message to those guys at the embassy..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
Christian129:
Hi all. Abeg can someone apply to two different schools in the same city. For example, University of California and California State University. Abeg, won't those send a wrong message to those guys at the embassy..

You need to consider d high cost of living in Califonia if u really plan to later pick any school there ....however

Back to the exact questions asked. I dont see how this is an issue or raises an eyebrow. Just means maybe u have an affinity or likeness for that state

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
SAMUELS3:
Good day, Good people.

That relationship is also called Uncle. Best to keep it simple, family tree history not needed dont complicate things
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2016
I have three of my friend overthere without been denied ,they got their visa convinently. quote author=imperiouxx post=48589543]

Phoenix, Everest (closed now) and others. Just copy MsNas or simply type "VIU" in search box. That takes you to our old posts about the school and its likes. Another simple way of knowing those useless schools is when they don't ask to see the official transcript before sending you a I-20.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2016
LagosismyHome:

You need to consider d high cost of living in Califonia if u really plan to later pick any school there ....however

Back to the exact questions asked. I dont see how this is an issue or raises an eyebrow. Just means maybe u have an affinity or likeness for that state
I knew you would be the one to answer me. God bless you for always being there. I hope I get to visit you someday.
Back to the topic, I'm not considering California o. That's why I said "for example" California bawo. Is my Grandfather Buhari ni?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
SAMUELS3:
Good day, Good people.
That will spell doom to your visa application. Uncle would be a lot better.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Flosslive: 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
My Visa was approved on Monday morning. After the first denial. I scheduled for August 8 I used the same old DS-160 and I was turned back. I believe everything works for a reason and God favored me after paying the third visa fee. Thank you to everyone that scolded me after my first interview. I went back did a research on the school and contacted @Lagosismyhome I forwarded my revised transcript and she was glad to effect some changes to it, after roasting me on the phone saying I bleeped up. Lol
But I didn't shy away from her scolding. Contacted walspring a day to my interview, baba ginger me gave me some hints also.
God bless everyone that have contributed to the thread.

No document was asked just my passport and I-20. Was interviewed by a young lady who had glasses on.

Me: Good morning
VO: {No response} Pass me your passport and I-20
VO: where are you going to in the US
Me: I'm going to the university of Maine, Orono.
V0: Who's paying for this ?
Me: My father
VO:What does he do
He is a medical doctor and the CEO of ......... Hospital.
VO: your dad owns a clinic?
Me: Yes, he owns a hospital.
VO: Where is the hospital located?
Me: ........ Lagos.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to two other schools,
Arkansas state Uni and the University of Kansas,
VO:Why did you choose this school?
Me:I chose the University of Maine becaause they offer undergraduate's mentorship research opportunities which was my basis for selecting an institution, As I would love to be a competent and practicing clinical laboratory scientist and medical technologist when I return to Nigeria. Also, Going through the Faculty Webpage of UMainle I found an undergraduate research opportunity in Dr. Francis Drummond research where volunteers are needed for modelling the population dynamics {VO looking at me surprised} of insects/pathogen and insect/predators.
VO: What year did you finish your diploma?
Me: I finished my first diploma in 2011.
VO: and the second?
Me: And my second diploma in 2014.
VO: What course did you study?
My first diploma was science laboratory technology and my second diploma
Second was environmental health technology.
VO: Did you take any exam?
Me; yes, SAT and TOEFL
VO: when did you take the SAT test?
Me: January 23, this year
VO: what was your score?
Me: 1580
VO: why are you not doing medical technology here?
Me: The Nigeria school curriculum focuses more on the theoretical part and does not offer hands on research opportunities that gives detailed knowledge for my preferred course.
VO: what year did you Finish school?
Me: my high school?
VO: yes
Me: I finished in 2008
VO: it says here you have a diploma in science laboratory technology, does it mean they don't offer medical technology in Nigeria?
Me: There are schools that offer Medical Technology here, but the Nigeria school curriculum focuses more on the theoretical part and does not offer hands on research opportunities that gives detailed knowledge for my preferred course.
VO: What do you want to do after graduation?
ME: I will return home to my dad's hospital to utilize the knowledge and research skills i have acquired in the US. I aim to work very closely with him and contribute our quota to a healthier Nigeria.
VO: did you do Germs?
Me: yes
VO: when?
Me: in my first diploma
VO: your visa have been approved................

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
LagosismyHome:

That relationship is also called Uncle. Best to keep it simple, family tree history not needed dont complicate things

Alright, thank you ma,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hycon(m): 7:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
I touched down Obamaland safely.
I sat at the first seat near the door. So I walked fast and got to JFK POE first before any other person on the airline.
At POE:
CBP: oh you are a Student?
Me: yes
CBP: please place your right four finger over there. Look at the camera.
Me: Did that
I was expecting "ok you are cleared"
CBP: your picture, how come your ears are bold than it is now?
Did they pack it? With smile
Me: I answered honestly, yes( you sabi our oversabi Nigerian photographer)
CBP: with what?
Me: I said boldly with paper
CBP: hmmm, I know that's the only country that does that... It doesn't have to be so.
Me: I smiled
CBP : he also smiled
I was confident though.
Took my passport and said "ok look at me"
CBP: looking at my passport, his system and me simultaneously .
CBP: ok you have to go to the office.
Me: still confident(I walked in with him and sat down)
After 5 mins... I was called by another Officer.
CBP: he said you can go.
That's it!

Glory be to GOD for the journey.
17 hours Casablanca layover no easy at all but thank God.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.