Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673375 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by boneruns(m): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Mayflowa:

YES
You have to declare and release all your previous education that span one year and above for US admission application.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2016
khulthum:
Pls can someone respond to this....Can someone transfer to another sch before first semester....if u got accepted into a better sch of ur choice....If yes, Please what are d procedures

It been answered before ...... Let me copy and paste my previous response . U guys read previous post oooo

Yes you can transfer after getting the visa to another school (provided you have admission offcourse) . Best to start it after you cross POE

The process usually is that you notify the current school's international office of your intention to transfer. The current school adviser will then have to transfer your sevis record to the New School with a transfer out date given. Until that transfer is done then new school cannot issue you a new I-20 (F-1 status).

You would be expected to fill out a new i-20 request form in the new school and once transfer is done and you get the new i20 then off you go .

The key to transfer is that your current school should release your sevis to the new school…If they don’t for whatever reason then hummmm you have a problem . If they do then, it is not complicated process...E. ... for more info see link

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/instructions-for-transferring-to-another-school-as-an-f-1-student

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ESO234: 9:55am On Nov 08, 2016
Hello house, thanks for the good job you guys are doing here. Please I need clarification or information on US visa. It it possible to change the status of my B1/B2 visa over there??. Like getting an admission and going to school while in the US or what are the possibilities or options one needs to has his status changed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by BloodyMitch(f): 10:16am On Nov 08, 2016
Southwest allows same luggage allowance as international flights. Two 23kg bags free

daaz001:
Good evening house..

Please which local airline is cheaper from NY to TX that will accept luggage without additional charges..

Thank you all and Have a great week ahead.

Daaz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ThreadsAdeleke: 10:19am On Nov 08, 2016
LagosismyHome:

It been answered before ...... Let me copy and paste my previous response . U guys read previous post oooo

Yes you can transfer after getting the visa to another school (provided you have admission offcourse) . Best to start it after you cross POE

The process usually is that you notify the current school's international office of your intention to transfer. The current school adviser will then have to transfer your sevis record to the New School with a transfer out date given. Until that transfer is done then new school cannot issue you a new I-20 (F-1 status).

You would be expected to fill out a new i-20 request form in the new school and once transfer is done and you get the new i20 then off you go .

The key to transfer is that your current school should release your sevis to the new school…If they don’t for whatever reason then hummmm you have a problem . If they do then, it is not complicated process...E. ... for more info see link

https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/instructions-for-transferring-to-another-school-as-an-f-1-student

what ever reason that they do have, the sevis is not transferred or got terminated, what are the options someone do have?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ipledge01: 11:05am On Nov 08, 2016
PRYCE01:

I emailed the admissions office and told them that I couldn't do it at that moment and I'm really interested in going to their school... plus the deadlines were approaching!

They told me to have my councillor submit a request on my behalf and then I told them I've not been in contact with him for a while so it'll be inappropriate to have him send a request on my behalf as he's not up to date with my current financial status.

And voila, they waived it and I was able to submit my application!

...yeah I was telling THE TRUTH!

Application fee is the easiest thing to have waived by U.S Universities. Tuition and other fees, that na another story!

Unless you sell yourself to them in ways that would have everyone in admissions crying.

Nice one cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanonymous(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2016
Abeg oooo. Does anyone knows any school in maryland that takes in 2:50 gpa upwards for masters in maryland. Abeg oooo. I need help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by khulthum: 11:21am On Nov 08, 2016
Thanks @Lagosismyhome....One more question. ...will I hav to go to the first sch....or the DSO in the new sch I wanna trasfer to will send dem a transfer form and also indicate that my Sevis Id to be trasfered......I jus wanna get a clearer picture of wat to do wen I get into the Usa ......Am I going to the first sch or jus go to the new sch and initiate my transfer from der ....Pls advice
LagosismyHome:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2016
khulthum:
Thanks @Lagosismyhome....One more question. ...will I hav to go to the first sch....or the DSO in the new sch I wanna trasfer to will send dem a transfer form and also indicate that my Sevis Id to be trasfered......I jus wanna get a clearer picture of wat to do wen I get into the Usa ......Am I going to the first sch or jus go to the new sch and initiate my transfer from der ....Pls advice

You dont have to attend the first school , although some schools might insist before releasing you . but hey u changed your mind you changed your mind. You too can insist you want to be transferred out from beginning . The process usually is that you notify the first school's international office of your intention to transfer. The first school adviser will then have to transfer your sevis record to the second School with a transfer out date given..... You dont have to be physically present to contact the school for transfer but its best to do this once u cross POE .. SEND A MAIL OR CALL AND YOU CAN GET IT DONE ELECTRONICALLY.............so yes you can go to second school directly , initiate it and then hope the process goes smoothly .......... read the rest post again and the link
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:51am On Nov 08, 2016
Hushee:

@Youngmoney416, but why na?
Just change that 6 to 9 jare.... But if dem go still help am, make dem go ahead o, he could have repented.

Since he said he have repented with his post, can you join hands with us to help

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:55am On Nov 08, 2016
adup:

I have pm u

I replied your pm since
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:55am On Nov 08, 2016
redmist:

Mr Walspring, I'm interested... saint Paul minneapolis 17th or 18th December. ..

Just send me email with the details and lemme check for you
DeeTus:
Drama is good sometimes because it makes this thread intriguing and interesting. grin

Where's Angela? Has she gone for life?

Yes and drama makes here lively most of the time

Angela our beloved Angel

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:56am On Nov 08, 2016
OluDare01:
This thread though
We have drama every season grin grin
Na angelapinkytoes drama during fall.
Nairaland house of commotion, may God help us o.

Nah so and it must happen to keep us going every session
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by samuel3818: 11:58am On Nov 08, 2016
Fesobi92:
VISA APPROVED!!!!
First, idobale fun obaluaye. Hearer of prayer.
It'll all started this time last year. Thank God I found this visa paradise. You guys are truly a blessing. A day to my interview, I land for obalende, book one random room for lewis street. Next moved out straight to Walter carrignton(me wey I nor sabi anywhere for lag), lost for road. Thank God for that Nigerian Samaritan that helped me out. Naso I land for the us consulate. Asked the security if the place was actually us consulate, he said yes. Told him I have an interview the following day, he advised I come early as people are fond of coming earlier b4 their appointment( my mind say make I sharply put street o.t. but I couple say make dem nor deny me before my interview). Fast forward second day I was there around 5.10am, people don dey there aidy, wonder if people nor dey sleep undecided. immediately I saw the security working towards us, I just do a Kenny grin. So, I was the second person on the queue. We do all their normal parole. Now in the maim room where future are decided. We do the normal scanning then straight to the next line, still the second person. Found out na window 6 I go dey(looks Chinese bakan bakan young guy) immediately I remembered some folks said he denies and don't give time for explanation. That moment I prayed that God should do the best. The guy in front of me was approved. Next, Gods own scholar(these folks are a wonderful family) second born. Nazo I stand like one professor of mathematics lol, d comfy come.

Me: good morning, how was your night.

VO: good morning. (Didn't answer night, I sha couple say nothing dey happen)
VO: so why are you going to us?
ME: to pursue my PhD degree in mathematics at the university of Memphis after which I'll be coming back to take up a lecturing and research position at futa.

VO: why this university?
Me: am keen on joing prof Thomas hagen research group because he has an ongoing research that matches mine( this time I dey use hand dey describe, dey smile like say I won lotto). The purpose of my research with him is to understand the interaction between turbulence and wave which I believe will help me provide measures that will help reduce the effect of man made and natural disasters that befall our coastal ....vo cuts in....but I nor mind I complete my sentence ....coastal areas in naija.

VO: What are you going to do after your studies?
Me: I'll be coming back to Nigeria to take up a lecturing and research position at futa. Am also going to become a research consultant to Nigeria environmental management agency with a view to carrying out a research that'll improve.....vo cuts in again...(this point he stared at my i20 again and start typing like he's been doing since the interview Adam)

VO: so PhD in maths. When did you get your MSc?
Me: ooh actually b.tech was in 2014.

VO: (looks at i20 for some time) Do you have the letter from your professor confirming this funding?
Me: yes, I gave it to him

VO: (after reading for some seconds) this is so nice
Me: yes very great. Thank you. **I wan talk but I reason the guy nor too like talk**

VO: **types for some seconds**puts my passport in that kolo...you'll need your i20 at point of entry. Pick up your visa at this point. Congrats.
Me: thank you so so much. Thanks again.

Walked out and started jubilating nio....was like chai nah me be this. One random lost boy finally given victory.
NB: it not a complete success yet without my FAM christian129, Adebimpe and all my Gods own scholar family visas. Pray God grant you guys your heart desires(admission, funding , favor, anointing etc).
I will never forget your undivided attention and concern walspring. My love wishes goes to lagsmacrib kiss for your love, care, time, experience (I dey solicit for more than Nairaland and mail sontin o...u understand na wink). Oludare, mehn this guy DOPE. Thanks for the ginger and insight. God father Kenny, chai...window seat abi naso we go roll. Friend turn blood, CHRISTIAN129 this guy is from another planet, (your visa is a success aidy, and nor forget our parole. that big Disney cruise for Bahamas). Gods own scholars you're the best. Wish you all success in your visa hustle.

Congrats. BTW, your name sounds familiar(i finished from FUTA too). Is this Feso, Dapo(DAPLAP'S) friend, who used to come to his lodge to tutor him during exams?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:58am On Nov 08, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
Good day Walspring...hope all is well with you,please I registered for TOEFL and I need some materials, could you please help me with some...Thanks and God bless! luckyuwandu8@gmail.com

Message sent!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
Airich01:

Bro, only if you know what Dangote does ni, all this richest man in Africa stuff I don't buy it. I've worked at Greenview Terminal, Apapa Quays. It's owned by Dangote. Once you're in and you just go straight.. The dirty water from sugarcane will be pouring down like rain.. I heard how his subcontractors they complain about how he pays late.. If that is all self, if you know what our ban lends to Indians and Lebanese you'll be shocked why they say there is recession.. From what I see, they should bring dollar rate down and recession will disappear. I've handled a Nigerian incorporated Company handled by Indians and they make money like hell.. I won't list companies o... Lol. That'd be unsafe for me. But just to note this is not what annoys me, what annoys me is that they misbehave and we back them up. One of these companies employ girls to clean prawns caught from our waters here, these girls are made to wash their hands in the same water, which would look like.... Just too dirty, then they'd be made to wear stuff like lab coats which is/or has already been used by ten people or more. Then they'll be made to stand all day more than 12hours and they'll be paid #650 Naira per day. This is soo bad. And if they disobey or show tiredness, you'll be shocked at what our person will tell them.. Na straight fire. And we know how much they'd make, I've handled their export documents before, hmmph! If you see what they make on export.. See I tired for my country o!

Nah him sabi but someone like me need to wise up and hustle for my own future.

Sometimes i wish i play football as a career, my community will never lack and poverty my disappear from my place of birth and am still waiting for that day when i become a super star
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
waoooooo so happy for you brother, this is pure grace...pray it works for me oooo
Bro, you'll say you pray it works for us... We plenty for this November. I pray for you to that you'll get it. IJN. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
SgtCommander:

Boss please am waiting your reply, i don edit and i resent it

I saw it but busy to come online and reply..

I will get back to you, please bear with me and send me a reminder after reading this post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
adup:

Bro, pm sent

Check your pm
KINGMAKER001:
Good evening house.... hope y'all re good! please can anyone help a brother out with TOEFL materials? the one I have is quite an old material..thanks in anticipation....@ walspring I still look forward to hear from you bro...

Check you email for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
tomisinobm:

Hello ma'am. Been thinking of this, why don't we post the link for the GRE materials, toefl material and visa transcripts and any other thing on the first page of the thread so we just refer to the first page when the need arises. It'd be easier that way.
Someone with a spot on the first page can volunteer to modify his post.
My 2 cents.

Cheers.

Cc walspring

The chance of doing it is very slim because most of us might not be online when a new thread is created, Only justwise can help to do such and i doubt if he will accept this free offer

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If people want something then they should put in little effort to find it. U cant spoon feed people all the time....it took me less than 1 minute to find the link using the search button on top ..... i only did it self blc i had a free moment. These days i just ignore any post that has been frequently asked ....

Anybody that needs any info there is a search button on top. ...use it ooo

Yes the search button option is the best option for them as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
gunther6:

Your GPA is not good, you GRE is not particularly awesome, I won't knock your hustle but unless you can craft one hell of a SOP, your funding is a long shot... That been said forget Illinois State University they might not even admit you not to talk of funding, I trust Professor Mohammadi ... EIU is the only school on that list where you have a minor shot if any at all for funding... You want honest... I just gave you honest

Its been a while...

I will buzz you via email or whatsapp based on that levels..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2016
adup:
HELLO GURUS IN THE HOUSE, PLS CAN INFINIX HOT NOTE WORK IN USA........... PLS AND PLS ANS ME

Yes it will work
Teeboy22:
Good morning guy's....

How Una dey o...

Pls how much is US Visa fees now??

Thanks ...

#54,400
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
BTBreal:
Hi house,
VISA APPROVED: I want to use the opportunity to thank the Nairaland USA visa travel family for their contributions on this site. I benefited immensely from your constructive arguments and impactful contribution. I have been a silent member of travel section 2013. I had my US F-1 visa interview today 7:30am in Abuja. Here is my transcript …
V.O: You are going to St. Cloud State Uni. How did get to know about this school?
Me: I got to know about SCSU from a friend who is an Alumni of SCSU and has returned to Nigeria. Also, out of all the schools I visited in the US during my vacation, SCSU stood out because of its great potentials and opportunity for research to equip students with requisite skills for career growth.
V.O.: Did you applied to other schools?
Me: Yes…..UNT, NC A&T Uni, MUN Canada & McGill Uni Canada
V.O Did you take GRE?
Me: Yes
V.O. How you going fund your education?
Me: My uncle will be sponsoring me.
V.O. What does he do?
Me: He is a real estate consultant and he also into oil & gas. He owns three gas stations in Nigeria.
Me: Your visa is approved. Here is your pick up letter and Form I-20…etc (I did not get hear the remaining words)

My great regards & thanks to Our Lord Jesus Christ and honour to Our Lady of Seven Sorrows (The Blessed Virgin Mary). I prayed for a miracle and God answered without hesitation. Please, don’t forget to pray and consistently be a state grace. I am a living witness. Finding God was the most practical thing I have ever done. My regards goes to every member of the house most especially those I had contact with via mail. Bigfrancis & imperiouxx, Amefrica, etc…Thanks. Pls, pardon my errors

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2016
How is the election going over there?

Who dey lead for now, make una update us oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:13pm On Nov 08, 2016
OluDare01:
Some people here should be ignored completely. When you tell them the truth,they think you're lying.
I won't mention names

Nah so some people be oo...

Make God just help us all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Airich01(m): 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Walspring:

Nah him sabi but someone like me need to wise up and hustle for my own future.

Sometimes i wish i play football as a career, my community will never lack and poverty my disappear from my place of birth and am still waiting for that day when i become a super star
Yeah... God help us. Please pray for me o.. My interview is coming soonest.. Thank You Bros.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
temi4fash:
Good evening house,

I need help paying for application fees to a school?

Can anybody be of help?

I would pay the equivalent in NG.

The fee is 40 $

Thanks in advance

Try you card and it will work or send me pm to help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
lionlee216:
Adup, what are u doing here? Go back to ur Somalia student visa thread

You must be comedian grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.