Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,613 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673540 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by otubujohn(m): 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2016
Greetings all. PRESENTLY I AM FRUSTRATED. I HAVE A 304 IN GRE AND 98 IN TOEFL. FOR AN MS IN BIOCHEMISTRY. I DESPERATELY NEED FUNDING AND AM ENROLLING TO THE FALL 2017 TERM. HOW LATE ARE MY. I NEED ADVICE ABOUT SCHOOLS. I BEG YOU ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD. HELP A BROTHER IN NEED. I WOULD NOT MIND RETAKING GRE TO BURNISH MY CV. LASTLY I HAVE A TWO TWO ( SECOND CLASS LOWER)

ABEG. TIME DEY GO. I REALLY NEED TO APPLY THIS WEEK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by otubujohn(m): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
otubujohn:
Greetings all. PRESENTLY I AM FRUSTRATED. I HAVE A 304 IN GRE AND 98 IN TOEFL. FOR AN MS IN BIOCHEMISTRY. I DESPERATELY NEED FUNDING AND AM ENROLLING TO THE FALL 2017 TERM. HOW LATE ARE MY. I NEED ADVICE ABOUT SCHOOLS. I BEG YOU ALL IN THE NAME OF GOD. HELP A BROTHER IN NEED. I WOULD NOT MIND RETAKING GRE TO BURNISH MY CV. LASTLY I HAVE A TWO TWO ( SECOND CLASS LOWER)

I still dey beg. I just need about 4 schools. I will apply this week to all and schedule a test date for my GRE if need be. I keep having nightmares because of this. just want to lock myself indoors for the next one month and finish everything about application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cuspy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
Abeg, is anyone by chance in University of Missouri on this thread?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Macwrites: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2016
sirRiddy:
I can if you can make the payment before 2pm Monday.
Sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by daaz001: 7:38pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good evening house..

Please which local airline is cheaper from NY to TX that will accept luggage without additional charges..

Thank you all and Have a great week ahead.

Daaz.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by borie4u(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
otubujohn:

I still dey beg. I just need about 4 schools. I will apply this week to all and schedule a test date for my GRE if need be. I keep having nightmares because of this. just want to lock myself indoors for the next one month and finish everything about application
I hardly reply to comment in here but since we both have d same first name I ma reply you. U have a fairly decent profile. U didn't state ur cgpa in ur bsc degree but if it is over 3./4 then u can try schools in d south. Write a good sop. Contact prof or Dr in ur area of specialization. U may write up to 300 letters before u get one interested in u but don't be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by borie4u(m): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
daaz001:
Good evening house..
Please which local airline is cheaper from NY to TX that will accept luggage without additional charges..
Daaz.
Why should you worry when you can easily get flight from Lagos to Arizona/houston/ Dallas except u wanna cut cost which u can use greyhound from NY to Texas and use close to 2-3days of traveling
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
gunther6:

I dey vex for you a swear
Baba I still be your boy o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
Some people here should be ignored completely. When you tell them the truth,they think you're lying.
I won't mention names

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 9:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
OluDare01:
Some people here should be ignored completely. When you tell them the truth,they think you're lying.
I won't mention names

cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
Fortissimo502:

cheesy grin
Egbon,your face scarce o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by emma1996: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Am using my dads company's account for my F1 visa what do I need to show to the consular?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
Fortissimo502:

cheesy grin
Boss MI
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by otubujohn(m): 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
borie4u:

I hardly reply to comment in here but since we both have d same first name I ma reply you. U have a fairly decent profile. U didn't state ur cgpa in ur bsc degree but if it is over 3./4 then u can try schools in d south. Write a good sop. Contact prof or Dr in ur area of specialization. U may write up to 300 letters before u get one interested in u but don't be discouraged.

thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
emma1996:
Am using my dads company's account for my F1 visa what do I need to show to the consular?

Ask ur dad to go to his bank for statement of his account for the last 3 to 4 months and take it to embassy,dey might request for it and dey might not.... Stand to be corrected
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 10:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
daaz001:
Good evening house..

Daaz.

Check Southwest Airlines
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
Check schools in Texas. Texas A&M Austin offers funding. You have a good profile
ridsan4real:
Hello folks. looking for fully funded/research assistantship in animal science for Phd.
Bsc= 4.16/5.00
Msc=5.4/7.00
list of schools I have catalogued and enquiried about include:
1. university of Missouri
2. university of Florida
3. university of Georgia
4. university of Kentucky
what's your take on this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 11:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
emma1996:
adup:

Ask ur dad to go to his bank for statement of his account for the last 3 to 4 months and take it to embassy,dey might request for it and dey might not.... Stand to be corrected

See Ehn, take any document that relates to whatever he does to avoid stories that touch.

Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
ridsan4real:
Hello folks. looking for fully funded/research assistantship in animal science for Phd.
Bsc= 4.16/5.00
Msc=5.4/7.00
list of schools I have catalogued and enquiried about include:
1. university of Missouri
2. university of Florida
3. university of Georgia
4. university of Kentucky
what's your take on this?

Mekurexx:
Check schools in Texas. Texas A&M Austin offers funding. You have a good profile

The CGPA is okay..Did you mean Texas A&M or UT Austin..

One thing I would say is that a profile is more than CGPA. When applying to top schools especially, strong letters of recommendation, previous research work, impressive test scores and well written personal statements in addition to CGPA build up your profile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 12:15am On Nov 07, 2016
Yeah I made a mistake, I meant Texas A&M, college station. Yeah you are right. You said everything!
biikeys:

The CGPA is okay..Did you mean Texas A&M or UT Austin..

One thing I would say is that a profile is more than CGPA. When applying to top schools especially, strong letters of recommendation, previous research work, impressive test scores and well written personal statements in addition to CGPA build up your profile.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 12:22am On Nov 07, 2016
siRriddy you still got the $200? I want to buy. but not for sevis
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 12:35am On Nov 07, 2016
slimmy2005:
Boss MI

Ultimate boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 12:37am On Nov 07, 2016
OluDare01:

Egbon,your face scarce o

Lol i just dey observe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 12:54am On Nov 07, 2016
lovelani:

thanks Sis...

please I would still like to know if going for a second Bsc. is gonna raise a red flag.

thanks.

Hi, sorry i am just seeing this. I wont lie to you. It is a red flag but we have seen people on here who did it and it was successful. Another option people go for is apply for a masters degree and then transfer to the school where you applied for the Bachelors degree (if that is actually what you want to do) when you get to the USA. But be sure to make your findings well. All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ormorteey: 3:36am On Nov 07, 2016
otubujohn:
Greetings all. PRESENTLY I AM FRUSTRATED. I HAVE A 304 IN GRE AND 98 IN TOEFL. FOR AN MS IN Biochemistry.

Check NMSU and Iowa state.

Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by emma1996: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2016
tomisinobm:

See Ehn, take any document that relates to whatever he does to avoid stories that touch.

Cheers.

Like bank statement and letterhead from the company?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Read previous post or the search button ...quote from previous posts

For speaking
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7pHmA0_3jXRZElpUnZSMFhhOVE
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B256jJ8PAXfHVUNxdTVHN2dJZjA

Note: Here is a dropbox link to the ETS software. I had to upload my copy because a number of people complained the one in the Google Drive above is not installing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rfxbw2pz43ubo4t/AACQw5BhNGp3uaHSIsyyyUMGa?dl=0

You'll need sufficient data to download all the materials.
good..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by otubujohn(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
ormorteey:

Check NMSU and Iowa state.
Best of luck.
OK. I will I will thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 3:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
PRYCE01:
Oh didn't know! Thank you bro!

So collectively one has got to spend about 140K

I just got accepted to Pennsylvania State University to study B.S Corporate Finance! I'm still waiting on my i-20... before making those payments! Thank you for the info again!

I only knew about Sevis and was actually looking for ways to pay it.... completely ignorant of the other!
Yea, that's it. Sorry for not replying on time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
cuspy:
Abeg, is anyone by chance in University of Missouri on this thread?
the system?! kansas city, rolla, st louis, columbia, which of them are you interested in?!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lovelani(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2016
Bobority:

Hi, sorry i am just seeing this. I wont lie to you. It is a red flag but we have seen people on here who did it and it was successful. Another option people go for is apply for a masters degree and then transfer to the school where you applied for the Bachelors degree (if that is actually what you want to do) when you get to the USA. But be sure to make your findings well. All the best

thanks the degree is a second degree to gain experience in another field, not same with previous degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by BTBreal: 5:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hi house,
VISA APPROVED: I want to use the opportunity to thank the Nairaland USA visa travel family for their contributions on this site. I benefited immensely from your constructive arguments and impactful contribution. I have been a silent member of travel section 2013. I had my US F-1 visa interview today 7:30am in Abuja. Here is my transcript …
V.O: You are going to St. Cloud State Uni. How did get to know about this school?
Me: I got to know about SCSU from a friend who is an Alumni of SCSU and has returned to Nigeria. Also, out of all the schools I visited in the US during my vacation, SCSU stood out because of its great potentials and opportunity for research to equip students with requisite skills for career growth.
V.O.: Did you applied to other schools?
Me: Yes…..UNT, NC A&T Uni, MUN Canada & McGill Uni Canada
V.O Did you take GRE?
Me: Yes
V.O. How you going fund your education?
Me: My uncle will be sponsoring me.
V.O. What does he do?
Me: He is a real estate consultant and he also into oil & gas. He owns three gas stations in Nigeria.
Me: Your visa is approved. Here is your pick up letter and Form I-20…etc (I did not get hear the remaining words)

My great regards & thanks to Our Lord Jesus Christ and honour to Our Lady of Seven Sorrows (The Blessed Virgin Mary). I prayed for a miracle and God answered without hesitation. Please, don’t forget to pray and consistently be a state grace. I am a living witness. Finding God was the most practical thing I have ever done. My regards goes to every member of the house most especially those I had contact with via mail. Bigfrancis & imperiouxx, Amefrica, etc…Thanks. Pls, pardon my errors

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.