Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673796 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 12:06am On Nov 25, 2016
[quote author=OGreene post=51340894]At the Intl airport. You can only buy the day you are travelling. I heard d queue is mahd, u need to be there as early as possible.

Try the banks first, den Travellex ur last resort.

[/quot

Oohkkk thanks.....But if you want to change upto $4000, do you go to the airport with cash for Travelex or they allow some kind of Internet banking transfer or POS payment??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 12:09am On Nov 25, 2016
OGreene:
At the Intl airport. You can only buy the day you are travelling. I heard d queue is mahd, u need to be there as early as possible.

Try the banks first, den Travellex ur last resort.

Oohkkk thanks...If you want to use Travelex at the Airport, would you have to go with the whole Naira Equivalent in cash for lets say you changing $4000 or they allow some kind of bank transfer option or POS payment??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 4:52am On Nov 25, 2016
Oladipupo22:
Hello guys, i read lots of transcripts on this platform. And i'm glad to tell y'all i got my US visa approved yesterday.
But I have a little challenge, the consular was too carried away with my stories and i was too excited and forgot to drop my passport photograph, im thinking the consular forgot to ask too.
Please will this matter, and how do i go about this??

Thanks guys.
Congratulations BRO, Oluwa is ur BOSS!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 6:28am On Nov 25, 2016
They accept cash (1000 notes) and online transfers. I dont know about POS[

quote author=ajomarzy post=51346085]

Oohkkk thanks...If you want to use Travelex at the Airport, would you have to go with the whole Naira Equivalent in cash for lets say you changing $4000 or they allow some kind of bank transfer option or POS payment?? [/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abnice2004: 7:32am On Nov 25, 2016
Hello everyone inn the house. Abeg how are you guys getting dollars to pay tuition abeg since form A I'd no more available?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by otubujohn(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2016
Pls house, a friend needs som1 to help her pay eshipglobal for shipment of i-20 now please. she has 40k for $132. Pls pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Yoyostic: 9:45am On Nov 25, 2016
OGreene:
Same way you buy dollar from mallam, you can buy from the Bank at the CBN official rate and must not exceed $4000 per quarter.

Usu a country is meant to make a provision for her citizens to access/buy foreign currency if they intend to travel to a country dt uses diff currency. This called travel allowance. It can be Personal (PTA) or Business Travelling Allowance (BTA) - if its a company you for work purpose, usu $5000 max. And can be gotten from Banks or licensed operators eg. Travellex

You can inquire from the banks where u run an account and see if they will sell to you. Its been tough this year since 'change' era. In July rate was N283/$, now its over 300. I knw ppl who got from Stanbic, Unity and Zen.

Pls how can one get the PTA from travelex?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teedawg: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2016
otubujohn:
Pls house, a friend needs som1 to help her pay eshipglobal for shipment of i-20 now please. she has 40k for $132. Pls pls
how much does that eshipglobal shipment cost sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 10:15am On Nov 25, 2016
Teedawg:

how much does that eshipglobal shipment cost sef

Paid $104 dollars for mine via Eshipglobal DHL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2016
OGreene:
They accept cash (1000 notes) and online transfers. I dont know about POS[

quote author=ajomarzy post=51346085]

Oohkkk thanks...If you want to use Travelex at the Airport, would you have to go with the whole Naira Equivalent in cash for lets say you changing $4000 or they allow some kind of bank transfer option or POS payment??

Alright..Thanks for your info Boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 10:39am On Nov 25, 2016
When you have gotten your boarding pass, look for Travellex office at the airport, and go there sharpaly.
Tell them you want to buy dollars, anyway u go don see ppl for queue already. You will fill a form, then show the docs they ask u for (eg. boarding pass, passport wt visa, flight ticket, BVN card, then u will make payment). If you dont hv BVN card, they will still be able to verify ur BVN online. thats not a problem. Although u can go wt d card if u have it.

Yoyostic:
Pls how can one get the PTA from travelex?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 10:42am On Nov 25, 2016
Good morning pals,

Pls do First Bank, Stanbic and Zenith cards work online for International transactions/ payments? I need to pay for my application fees next week, so am warming up. wink

Who has paid lately? How did you go about it? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ponpon(m): 11:06am On Nov 25, 2016
OGreene:
Good morning pals,

Pls do First Bank, Stanbic and Zenith cards work online for International transactions/ payments? I need to pay for my application fees next week, so am warming up. wink

Who has paid lately? How did you go about it? Thanks

Gtb 320....monthly limit 100$,get people with accounts and ration

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:15am On Nov 25, 2016
Thanks, i have GTB, I need more banks smiley

ponpon:

Gtb 320....monthly limit 100$,get people with accounts and ration
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2016
@ OGreene.I used access bank yesterday and I was charged 325 but i don't know their monthly limit.I hope this help

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2016
Thanks
kenniez26:
@ OGreene.I used access bank yesterday and I was charged 325 but i don't know their monthly limit.I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tweeny24: 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
Walspring:

Not a bad idea but what you have doing since you left high school in 2005?

Why not apply for masters?

Still waiting for your input bro @walspring, @texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Yoyostic: 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
OGreene:
When you have gotten your boarding pass, look for Travellex office at the airport, and go there sharpaly.
Tell them you want to buy dollars, anyway u go don see ppl for queue already. You will fill a form, then show the docs they ask u for (eg. boarding pass, passport wt visa, flight ticket, BVN card, then u will make payment). If you dont hv BVN card, they will still be able to verify ur BVN online. thats not a problem. Although u can go wt d card if u have it.

O.k.Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cseejhay: 3:12pm On Nov 25, 2016
Happy bday msnas....God bless ur new age...Amen!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2016
The point of this forum is to spread information so that all can learn
not for you begging for phone numbers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 6:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
Pls has any body tried FCMB ATM card for online payments ? I saw it on abokifx but I just want to confirm....thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tweeny24: 6:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
Good day to everyone in the house....I have a very special case and would appreciate all the Input I can get....I'm 26 and would love to go for a diploma or undergraduate studies in the US...only qualification I have is WAEC which was done in 2005...I would love to know what my chances of getting a school and a visa are ?? Looking forward to your responses

@texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
seriki1563:
Good day gurus in the house, i made a bank statement which is dated to 14th of october, pls can I use it for my interview which will take place in early december? because I was thinking if the consular will accept that bank statement dated to october pls is it too late for what I wanna use it for or is there any link u can give me concerning this question.

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 6:31pm On Nov 25, 2016
tweeny24:
Good day to everyone in the house....I have a very special case and would appreciate all the Input I can get....I'm 26 and would love to go for a diploma or undergraduate studies in the US...only qualification I have is WAEC which was done in 2005...I would love to know what my chances of getting a school and a visa are ?? Looking forward to your responses

@texrem

you will get it.....just apply to a university....you must be able to prove to the VO u re a genuine student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2016
seriki1563:
Good day gurus in the house, i made a bank statement which is dated to 14th of october, pls can I use it for my interview which will take place in early december? because I was thinking if the consular will accept that bank statement dated to october pls is it too late for what I wanna use it for or is there any link u can give me concerning this question.

Just be very careful that the funds are still there, they may check!
Using an old statement is a signal to the VO to double check everything!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tweeny24: 6:51pm On Nov 25, 2016
texrem:

you will get it.....just apply to a university....you must be able to prove to the VO u re a genuine student.

Thanks bro...will begin applying to schools now and will contact you if I need any help...really appreciate the response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by meritdee(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2016
texrem:

Hey boss! I see you are doing a great work. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2016
If you need OT on credit card application. Send me a PM
N.B you must have SSN o.
This black friday ehn grin grin grin grin I like am
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 25, 2016
Which one is OT for CC?
I got 1750 dollars credit from Discover just by applying?
OluDare01:
If you need OT on credit card application. Send me a PM
N.B you must have SSN o.
This black friday ehn grin grin grin grin I like am

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.