Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (678579 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by warriboy21(m): 1:47am On Nov 30, 2016
Abeg who get dollars ere for naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TonnyTee(m): 1:50am On Nov 30, 2016
slimmy2005:
Relax o. We are recounting the votes!!! We no go gree grin grin
Abi na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:03am On Nov 30, 2016
Justwise...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:26am On Nov 30, 2016
elektra:

When I was offered the Dropbox option the computer prompt informed me it would take at least 2 weeks from the day I submit my documents for the visa to be ready. I am only in Nigeria for 3 weeks and I still needed to renew my passport before getting the visa, so I chose to be interviewed.

thanks a million for satisfiying my curiosity. ..abeg next question. ....where u able to renew the Nigerian passport..... someone here ( gentledoj ) hasnt due to lack of booklet in Osogbo office so maybe if u did ....then he can go to the center where u did yours as they might have booklet ..

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:30am On Nov 30, 2016
ORGANIST10:
Please sirs/ma's, my interview is on friday. And my bank statement is from Feb-Aug 2016. Does my dad need to ask for another bank statement from his bank or i can simply go with the one i have? By the way, u guys are doing a great job her. Lagosismyhome..... wow! U are great .

Thanks grin

Bank statement are very rarely checked and if they are ...any within the last 6 months is fine so this should be ok. ....however if it gives u extra piece of mind and isnt too much trouble for your dad then he can get a more recent one and then you go with all just incase
. Although as i said earlier bank statements are rarely checked as that is left to the school to do before the i20 is issued .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by meritdee(m): 3:29am On Nov 30, 2016
biikeys:

I'm in Maryland. I used to pay about $40 on liability...That is way too much money. Even my full coverage on a very recent car is somewhere around your quote for liability

Lol, my full coverage is $143 and that's the best I've seen. Abeg let me romance it for now. I'll worry about looking to cut more in few months. Stop using your sweet quote to slap me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by meritdee(m): 3:33am On Nov 30, 2016
elektra:
My people, I greet una oh!

I have full coverage and pay $93/month (including renters insurance). Now, I've never been in an accident so I don't know how good my coverage is (even though i have read the policy we all know these insurance companies are crazy). I've used the emergency towing service though at no out of pocket cost.

Oh boy!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:53am On Nov 30, 2016
biikeys:

I'm in Maryland. I used to pay about $40 on liability...That is way too much money. Even my full coverage on a very recent car is somewhere around your quote for liability
I was wondering too. $243 for liability? That's crazy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iyobs7(f): 5:42am On Nov 30, 2016
Please this thread was created to cater for people intending to study in America and not to discuss insurance related issues because it does not benefit anyone whose intention this thread was opened.

Please open a new thread for that. Justwise please take note of this ugly development and hide these posts.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 6:11am On Nov 30, 2016
LagosismyHome:

thanks a million for satisfiying my curiosity. ..abeg next question. ....where u able to renew the Nigerian passport..... someone here ( gentledoj ) hasnt due to lack of booklet in Osogbo office so maybe if u did ....then he can go to the center where u did yours as they might have booklet ..

@elektra, please answer! Please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by elektra(f): 6:56am On Nov 30, 2016
gentledoj:

@elektra, please answer! Please

Lol, I dey come. I just woke up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2016
iyobs7:
Please this thread was created to cater for people intending to study in America and not to discuss insurance related issues because it does not benefit anyone whose intention this thread was opened.

Please open a new thread for that. Justwise please take note of this ugly development and hide these posts.

Sho! easy man, who told no one needs those ideas coming up from their convo? lemme tell you somefin am really learning from them and so do others too..what if you get to the states and you're trap in the closet of picking an insurance that's pocket friendly, won't you come here and seek for advice?

as long as it related to students life in the states it matters more brother. So if it doesn't matter to you just overlook them and fix your eyes to other things that matters to you here. Shalom!

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 30, 2016
sobastical:
Why did you have to wait till now before you pull this up?

I wonder, brother. He thought I was a robot. grin

I think I already told him what to do. I pray he meets a kind-hearted VO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 30, 2016
iyobs7:

Lol. Ugly development? Take it easy man. It's part of what you will experience out there. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by djmakson(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2016
PM your WES reference number so I'll put a call through on your behalf to find out the status.

saninwa:
Hello beloved people,
Please I am really traped in the WES Evaluation process. My documents has been sent back to waec for verification, for weeks now no change in the status of the evaluation. I guess waec hasn't received any document from them. I have been writing to them, demanding for a courier service to send the docs so as to expedite the process, but all my emails goes unanswered; I only receive an automated acknowledgement message. I am beginning to regret using WES for Evaluation, their own protocol is too long. The deadline for applications from international students is Dec. 1st in the school I applied to, and all documents must be received by the deadline. I have sent everything, but just this evaluation, and it's compulsory to be submitted.
Please do anyone have an idea of how I can contact WES, they are just frustrating my efforts here.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ORGANIST10: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Good to hear from you man!.Lol nice writeup and quote!. Take it easy and speedy recovery to you! All the best in school work and all other N'landers
gunther6:
I greet everybody o, how every The cold has been brutal, exam, oral defenses on top of the CFA I'm writing barely a week from now but God dey... Mekurexx, Fortissimo, Oludare I sight una. plauses, calfavour, cutemorgan and Riddy y'all owe me mails. I greet imperiouxx and Darefadi(London is my home).
And as for prospective students, this is the year of Trump which will make US policy fluid and in a state of flux at least for the next 4 yrs. There is at least going to be a potential crackdown on H-1B visas for encroaching on 'American jobs'. This has become a really clannish place.
Again build yourself, toughen up before coming here. A lizard in Nigeria will not turn to an alligator in North Dakota and you will not start pissing rosewater when you get here. If you are coming in for economics and you have no solid quantitative background be prepared to work thrice as hard or boy you are in for one hell of a ride.
I It has been up and down here, I have been robbed, I have been towed in front of a NLders apartment (cost me $300 give a few dollars the week a few bills were due) and I have been in an accident (20th Nov) which was ruled by my insurance company as a 50/50 even though I was hit from the back, I'm getting a lawyer and disputing that verdict and going for therapy as I have been unable to walk winksince the accident.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ORGANIST10: 7:23am On Nov 30, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Thanks grin

Bank statement are very rarely checked and if they are ...any within the last 6 months is fine so this should be ok. ....however if it gives u extra piece of mind and isnt too much trouble for your dad then he can get a more recent one and then you go with all just incase
. Although as i said earlier bank statements are rarely checked as that is left to the school to do before the i20 is issued .
Okay, thanks soo much ma'am. I really appreciate. God bless you.... I'll just go with the one i have and used when i applied to the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 7:36am On Nov 30, 2016
Delay from your own bank or your friend in the US? WU payment and pickup is done in less than 10 mins
okesammie:
Please advise, I sent 200USD via moneygram to a friend in US for SEVIS payment but he said the bank said they have not been able to pay SEVIS with western union for almost 2 weeks. Please is there any payment option one can consider. Thanks. Texrem and Lagosismyhome. Please help so justice to this. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2016
trust me you will need more life activities based information when you get here. One can make small mistakes which can be costly. So its important to share and be exposed to the right information on this thread
iyobs7:

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2016
djmakson:
PM your WES reference number so I'll put a call through on your behalf to find out the status.

I have sent you an email. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 8:09am On Nov 30, 2016
slimmy2005:
Relax o. We are recounting the votes!!! We no go gree grin grin
lol.... America na wing Republic 8yrs for democrat 8yrs for republican.... if you don't believe me as Electoral College grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 8:16am On Nov 30, 2016
iyobs7:

Nawa o.
Thank God say you no meet gunther6 here, you go don hear am grin.
I dey watch you in 3D, you go ask question and expect answers abi?
At times I wonder what human beings would be if they have power.
Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 8:32am On Nov 30, 2016
iyobs7:

lol!.... you are obviously a JJC. Insurance gist is part of the travel section na. for hopefuls, We need to know what to consider before traveling like cost of flight, best insurance policy, Rent, POE, data plans etc... This is rare information that we are getting for Free!!!
So Chill and Learn..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2016
DeeTus:
I wonder, brother. He thought I was a robot. grin

I think I already told him what to do. I pray he meets a kind-hearted VO.

Hehe, he forgot that same blood that flows through his veins also flows in yours too.
Amen to your prayers for him though. .. shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2016
DeeTus:
Lol. Ugly development? Take it easy man. It's part of what you will experience out there. grin

I think that guy woke up at the wrong side of his bed. .. lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Timi1990(m): 8:39am On Nov 30, 2016
smiley please i need to know more about all this insurance policy in the US and how they work . the state i"ll be residing is Alabama.

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.