Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672424 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2016
iyobs7:
Please this thread was created to cater for people intending to study in America and not to discuss insurance related issues because it does not benefit anyone whose intention this thread was opened.

Please open a new thread for that. Justwise please take note of this ugly development and hide these posts.

So you tink u can't benefit from wot dey r talking about ? Definitely no cus soon or sooner u will be dere and if u wish u might have ur own car, won't u insured ur car? So my guy relax and thread gently

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:46am On Nov 30, 2016
iyobs7:
Please this thread was created to cater for people intending to study in America and not to discuss insurance related issues because it does not benefit anyone whose intention this thread was opened.

Please open a new thread for that. Justwise please take note of this ugly development and hide these posts.

u really need to calm down and then drink some water. angry

...does life end after the visa . don't you need other info that would help during student life such as insurance for those who need a car. There are some cities in the USA which has zero public transportation so car is essential and not even a luxury .....

sharing information is a life continuous process . ....look at you typing ugly development. SMH

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 9:09am On Nov 30, 2016
Abeg I need UK transit visa. I wan go see lagosismyhome grin grin grin cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:13am On Nov 30, 2016
lionlee216:
Abeg I need UK transit visa. I wan go see lagosismyhome grin grin grin cool cool

grin grin grin.....and double lol
countdown don start for you oooo....cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2016
Timi1990:
smiley please i need to know more about all this insurance policy in the US and how they work . the state i"ll be residing is Alabama.
each state as different policy,Alabama car insurance laws,you must have liability to help pay for any damages or injuries you may cause to others in a car accident,your liability coverage must include a minimum of $25000 for bodly injury or death per person or $50000 for bodly injury and death per person,but your liability insurance will not cover damages to your car or personal injury.a friend of mine normally use national general insurance, they have a good deal, u can also check GEICO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 30, 2016
Please can someone just write out a list of what to bring along and what not to waste space and time to carry, when coming to US as a student.
Thanks

who ask question no dey miss road!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2016
safex101:
Please can someone just write out a list of what to bring along and what not to waste space and time to carry, when coming to US as a student.
Thanks
who ask question no dey miss road!
things are somehow expensive here o if u change the money to naira,but depends on what u intend carrying along,food stuffs is very important,it will help you for sometime,some text book you know is gonna be useful, and cloth o especially jeans,your PC and don't forget your travel documents, phone charger,garri dey important too don't know for you o grin grin....etc,no carry cocaine o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 10:09am On Nov 30, 2016
For where dickoflife dey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 10:41am On Nov 30, 2016
brightify:
For where dickoflife dey
Someone saw him at NY working at Trump hotel lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 10:45am On Nov 30, 2016
lionlee216:

Someone saw him at NY working at Trump hotel lol
grin grin,the guy don chop up be that,make he show us the way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Enjay11: 10:52am On Nov 30, 2016
Hello guys, how do i get a cheap flight to US, i'm planning to travel to Los angeles first week in january, i saw one of about 270k on tripadvisor, is that good enough or can i still find something cheaper?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Enjay11: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2016
and also who stays in Los angeles or close to LA (Orange county) and would like to host a brother in January grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 10:56am On Nov 30, 2016
A bright morning house!

Please does anyone know if any bank is still selling PTA? (All banks I approached have one story or the other to tell).

Likewise, if I want to buy dollars @ travellex, will I have to go to the office before my travel date?

I will deeply appreciate all other useful info too with respect to getting dollars (before I take an unwise decision).

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 10:57am On Nov 30, 2016
Enjay11:
Hello guys, how do i get a cheap flight to US, i'm planning to travel to Los angeles first week in january, i saw one of about 270k on tripadvisor, is that good enough or can i still find something cheaper?
check Wakanow or better still call their customer care representative, they will surely get you a cheap flight to your destination
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ancestorial(m): 10:59am On Nov 30, 2016
please kindly enlighten me, is it necessary that sevis fee receipt must be presented at US embassy during interview or only i-20 form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Enjay11: 11:02am On Nov 30, 2016
Okay thanks
brightify:
check Wakanow or better still call their customer care representative, they will surely get you a cheap flight to your destination
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2016
teepee4Him:
A bright morning house!
Please does anyone know if any bank is still selling PTA? (All banks I approached have one story or the other to tell).
Likewise, if I want to buy dollars @ travellex, will I have to go to the office before my travel date?
I will deeply appreciate all other useful info too with respect to getting dollars (before I take an unwise decision).
Thanks

dont bank on Travellex and someone posted here that they havent sold in weeks .... Best to go to their office and confirm before putting your eggs in that basket ...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 11:09am On Nov 30, 2016
ancestorial:
please kindly enlighten me, is it necessary that sevis fee receipt must be presented at US embassy during interview or only i-20 form
is necessary for you to take along your sevis fee receipt to the embassy for you to be on a safer side
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2016
ancestorial:
Read through some part on this thread and go to the US embassy website for you to know the necessary requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Timi1990(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2016
brightify:
each state as different policy,Alabama car insurance laws,you must have liability to help pay for any damages or injuries you may cause to others in a car accident,your liability coverage must include a minimum of $25000 for bodly injury or death per person or $50000 for bodly injury and death per person,but your liability insurance will not cover damages to your car or personal injury.a friend of mine normally use national general insurance, they have a good deal, u can also check GEICO

thanks alot for the info. i really appreciate. will go through the insurance company website for more details .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 11:48am On Nov 30, 2016
http://www.nku.edu/~boycer/gradopps.html
Some opportunities here for some biological programme

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
LagosismyHome:

Great news ...congrats. God bless your new journey

Thanks, your such a nice person, pls where can i get cheap flight from lagos to kalamazoo and i would like to know the trip structure,i dont mind if you can help me ask your friend in kalamazoo

God bless you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
ecaaychukwu:
Finally, my visa was approved this morning. it's been a rough one for me but God has been faithful. I got three denials mid this year for Fall session and it was like I wasn't gonna make it thru again. But I thank God, that I ade it thru this last attempt.

Here goes my transcript:

VO: How are you doing?
ME: I'm great sir and you?

VO: Can you tell me your study plans?
ME: I'm going to Valparaiso University to study a Master's degree in International Commerce and Policy for the period of 18month. I will be taking up courses like International Trade, International Business, Economics, New Venture Creation and International Relations. These courses will equip me with the right skill set to be able understand the application of Business with Trade, Economics, International Relations and Public Policy. *VO cuts*

VO: Tell me about the programme
Me: Like I earlier said, the course is for a period of 18 months and I will be taking the aforementioned courses and at graduation, I must meet up to 3.0cgpa and must have completed 25 credit hours. *VO cuts*

VO: How many schools did you choose?
ME: 2 and the other is George Mason University, Fairfax, VA.

VO: Why did you choose Valparaiso University?
ME: During my research on the course, I found out that Valpo happens to be one of the few skls around the globe that offers such course with robust combinations of course from 4 areas such as Trade, Economics, International Relations and Public Policy. And I am *VO cuts*

VO: What did you study in your UG?
ME: Business Administration.

VO: from what skl?
ME: Lagos State University, Lagos.

VO: Why do you like Unilag?
ME: * I became confused here and told him to repeat the question*

VO: Why do you like Unilag?
ME: You mean Unilag? *VO replied YES* I didn't attend unilag, I attended Lagos State University which is also called LASU. It's LASU not Unilag

VO: okay okay.

VO: Valparaiso University and George Mason University are top schools in the US, why didn't you choose them then instead going for University of Bridgeport?
ME: *The Question confuse me small but I just started saying anything* After the denials I got, I just realized a course that perfectly suits my interest and that is International Commerce and Policy(ICP) and the course has to do with the connection of business with economics, trade, international relations and public policy. More so, ICP is more of a concentration of MBA and So I just had to make the switch. And after the completion of my programme, I will return back home to work with the Bank of Industry and see to how I can formulate strategies to help startups, SMEs grow in Nigeria.

VO: *nodding his head. Bringing out the white paper* okay okay. Just keep your i-20 safe because you will be needing it at POE.
ME: *with so much excitement* thank you very much sir and God bless you.

Thanks to DeeTus and texrem and other gurus in the house for their contributions. God bless you all.
congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
I was denied visa today ....I answered all question asked very well I guess it's because of that 6 yrs...pls what can I do b4 I reapply because my school resumed January 17 and is it safe to reapply at lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kingadebayo(m): 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
I tracked again today,it has changed from "Administrative processing" to "Issued"
Guys,please my blood is hot ooo.
I no even sabi English again,please what does it mean?
LagosismyHome:

It means you application is been reviewed further after the interview by a consular officer ............. Inorder words double checking your whole application . Nothing you can do but wait and hope that they stick to their initial decision of giving you the visa. If they spot any discrepancy then yes they can change and deny the visa .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2016
kingadebayo:
I tracked again today,it has changed from "Administrative processing" to "Issued"
Guys,please my blood is hot ooo.
I no even sabi English again,please what does it mean?

one week of Administrative processing was not too long so that was good.

well you go reach there and find out the exact situation and check what they did to your passport/ visa . .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kingadebayo(m): 1:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
Bros,I no understand oo,

U mean "Issued still means Yes or No"?

No come carry my dead body abeg ooo.

lolsss

LagosismyHome:

one week of Administrative processing was not too long so that was good.

well you go reach there and find out the exact situation and check what they did to your passport/ visa . .....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cabayes: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
Songitto:

Thanks, your such a nice person, pls where can i get cheap flight from lagos to kalamazoo and i would like to know the trip structure,i dont mind if you can help me ask your friend in kalamazoo

God bless you

Option 1 Lagos to o hare airport Chicago. Take the grey hound bus at Jefferson street Chicago for 30$ to Kalamazoo

Option 2 is to land in Detroit airport and take a bus to Kalamazoo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
kingadebayo:
Bros,I no understand oo,

lolsss

Issued means yes. So be expect in a making today or tomorrow to come pick up ur passport at ur pickup location
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
kingadebayo:
Bros,I no understand oo,

lolsss

The passport is issued is different from the content.....issued just means whatever decision / review the Vo has done has been completed and the passport has been issued

Nobody fit predict if the visa has been given Yes or No. its left for you to find out when you get the passport ......if you have no discrepancies and submitted all legal papers then relax and hope for the best

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kingadebayo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2016
@ Lagos is my home,

Thanks,

I will share the good news here soon.

Please can u PM me ur number?
LagosismyHome:

The passport is issued is different from the content.....issued just means whatever decision / review the Vo has done has been completed and the passport has been issued

Nobody fit predict if the visa has been given Yes or No. its left for you to find out when you get the passport ......if you have no discrepancies and submitted all legal papers then relax and hope for the best

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2016
Chiezzh:
I was denied visa today ....I answered all question asked very well I guess it's because of that 6 yrs...pls what can I do b4 I reapply because my school resumed January 17 and is it safe to reapply at lagos?

Post your transcript so that gurus in the house can have an idea of what went wrong, then scrutinize it and lend you any necessary advice or info.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.