Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675725 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OGreene: 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2016
Please elaborate. Am also interested in Uni of Minnesota

OluDare01:

You can't get into university of Minnesota with your profile. Not to downgrade you o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 1:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
seriki1563:
Hello gurus in the house, i seek ur advise. I want to ask if it is possible for me to fund for my studies in the US cos i will be travelling by jan 10.
please reply me if u ve an answer or advise for me. thanks.
Please how do you want someone to answer this question

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by otubujohn(m): 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hello all, am completing an application to Tennessee tech and Etsu, am required to upload a PDF transcript. what do I do. I don't have this

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
OGreene:

Go ahead and apply man.
I believe he understands better.
I don't know your profile but it's better to try other schools.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 2:09pm On Dec 16, 2016
otubujohn:
Hello all, am completing an application to Tennessee tech and Etsu, am required to upload a PDF transcript. what do I do. I don't have this
Don't apply to tech except if you have tuition. I don talk my own.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2016
OGreene:

Not you are interested. The question is; if you could gain admission there in order not to waste your application fee. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2016
sunboy:
Well I have been a silent follower of this thread. I learnt a lot here but I believe God is the best teacher. I was at the US embassy today 8:15 and my visa got approved. F1 to be precise.

Will post the transcript soon.

Thank you all for your lessons shared on the thread, I have learnt a lot from here.

Thank you to all the Ogas in here.

Congrats exchanger grin
Comman and sell e-currency to we that wantu pay fees. It's beg we are begging
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrRoYCe(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
malory84:

Oh sorry. Its University of Texas at Arlington.

Just sent you an email. I need a place badly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Christian129:

I am coming to the University of North Texas o..... I will also be studying your course- public administration.

I can refer you to a guy I know there that can help with settling down if you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by otubujohn(m): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2016
OluDare01:
Don't apply to tech except if you have tuition. I don talk my own. Cheers
Already did. Two more to go. Am considering Etsu and Toledo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hello guys, anybody in need of dollars should pm me, someone in u s want to send me $600 right now as additional money to book my flight, i just told the person to hold on for 1hour... pm right now if you are in need of dollars, rate 440naira = 1usd. No time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 3:41pm On Dec 16, 2016
sunboy:
Well I have been a silent follower of this thread. I learnt a lot here but I believe God is the best teacher. I was at the US embassy today 8:15 and my visa got approved. F1 to be precise.

Will post the transcript soon.

Thank you all for your lessons shared on the thread, I have learnt a lot from here.

Thank you to all the Ogas in here.

Congrat, welcome to america, your name sound like sureboy, we can decode another sureboy in the house... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
otubujohn:

Already did. Two more to go. Am considering Etsu and Toledo
Toledo grin grin grin
Na you o. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2016
Songitto:
Hello guys, anybody in need of dollars should pm me, someone in u s want to send me $600 right now as additional money to book my flight, i just told the person to hold on for 1hour... pm right now if you are in need of dollars, rate 440naira = 1usd. No time
Kilode?
This your rate na black market o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
If you're coming here for graduate studies, abeg carry your undergraduate notebooks come o. I dropped some books at home and I'm still angry at myself, the ones I have here really helped alot. Also if you don't have a solid background, talk to your graduate coordinator. If you go take advanced classes like that, na OYO you dey o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hmmmm, How do i start this amazing story? Anyways, let me just start anyhow since this is not a GRE essay. I doubt if some of you still recognize me. this is akins2016, i feel like analyzing my experience as a mathematician during this past semester. First all, i will say that studying mathematics in this america is not as easy as anyone would think or maybe i am the dumb ass person who knows. It's been up to 4 months since i had the time to write on here as i was facing so many things in grad school LOL. All courses seems hard when everything started. as much as i tried to get people to study with, my brothers and sisters, the thing no pure oo. People here no too get joy for face oo some of them will even tell you to go drop the course if you no know am instead of them to explain things to you, one Indian guy told me this.Oga Oludare01 you are absolutely right. But i was able to get 2 Americans wey we kon study together.Also, i and some Ghanaian friends no relent ooo, we tried our best to study together as we were both facing this same problem. we were united to make things go well for us, it wasn't really easy. Anyways to cut the long story short, we met with our graduate coordinator and we were able to iron things out as he helped us figure out how to go about things and gave us some nice strategies I thank God that the most stressful semester of my life turns out to be the best so far (GP wise). This is not a cooked story as person like Tods and fesobi can testify to this. Even the indian that was forming boss is now having issues i doubt he finished this semester well. I just hope things are okay for him too sha. My advice for anyone coming here to study any tough course like mathematics or so should prepare his or her mind to face something tough but should not relent as hard work pays here. No saddists just like Oludare01 have said. Above all, I thank God for this semester. If i remember more, i will post more.

20 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2016
OluDare01:
If you're coming here for graduate studies, abeg carry your undergraduate notebooks come o. I dropped some books at home and I'm still angry at myself, the ones I have here really helped alot. Also if you don't have a solid background, talk to your graduate coordinator. If you go take advanced classes like that, na OYO you dey o.
I swear i didnt see this your post before i posted mine.. and we basically said the same thing. LOL i only saw the first one you postedon page 287
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sunboy(m): 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
VO; Good morning

Good morning

VO: Why the course

I explained and relate to how scarce the profession is in the country.

VO; How did you got to know about the school

Two alumnus I know recommended the school .

VO; Who's your sponsor

Dad

VO: What he does for a living

Explained

VO: Have you traveled out before ?

No

VO;What's your plan after studies? Are you proceeding to baccalaureate? Or stopping with your AA

Coming back home after the AA after some months internships either paid or free internship in the states just to gain experience.

To pick a job in the field or start a private consulting firm in the field.

VO: Good! Your visa should be ready on Friday. Keep your i20 like it's your passport.

Thank you again ma'am.

No statement, no documents, she didn't even open my i20 at all until after she granted it. All was done with my passport while she type.

I applied for Associate Degree in a Community College. Some people would say it is a RED FLAG well I advice you follow your guts, say some prayers for favor and let God decide for you.

Once again, many were denied. But God ultimately decided for me even though comments here about AA discouraged me.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 4:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=sunboy post=51987985]VO; Good morning

Good morning

There are many things hinding in your transcripts, what course ? And how old are you, sorry for asking this, just to motivate intending applicant in your shoe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
OluDare01:

You can't get into university of Minnesota with your profile. Not to downgrade you o
Downgrade ke, I love the blunt response. Thanks boss, what about the other schools?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
Hushee:

Downgrade ke, I love the blunt response. Thanks boss, what about the other schools?
I don't know about those schools but I think you can check Mississippi state university.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sunboy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2016
[quote author=Songitto post=51988307][/quote]

course: Kinesiology

On my passport I am 29 yrs which is 2yrs more thank my real age. After trying endlessly to correct the error, I had to move on with the age.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:07pm On Dec 16, 2016
akins2016:
Hmmmm, How do i start this amazing story? Anyways, let me just start anyhow since this is not a GRE essay. I doubt if some of you still recognize me. this is akins2016, i feel like analyzing my experience as a mathematician during this past semester. First all, i will say that studying mathematics in this america is not as easy as anyone would think or maybe i am the dumb ass person who knows. It's been up to 4 months since i had the time to write on here as i was facing so many things in grad school LOL. All courses seems hard when everything started. as much as i tried to get people to study with, my brothers and sisters, the thing no pure oo. People here no too get joy for face oo some of them will even tell you to go drop the course if you no know am instead of them to explain things to you, one Indian guy told me this.Oga Oludare01 you are absolutely right. But i was able to get 2 Americans wey we kon study together.Also, i and some Ghanaian friends no relent ooo, we tried our best to study together as we were both facing this same problem. we were united to make things go well for us, it wasn't really easy. Anyways to cut the long story short, we met with our graduate coordinator and we were able to iron things out as he helped us figure out how to go about things and gave us some nice strategies I thank God that the most stressful semester of my life turns out to be the best so far (GP wise). This is not a cooked story as person like Tods and fesobi can testify to this. Even the indian that was forming boss is now having issues i doubt he finished this semester well. I just hope things are okay for him too sha. My advice for anyone coming here to study any tough course like mathematics or so should prepare his or her mind to face something tough but should not relent as hard work pays here. No saddists just like Oludare01 have said. Above all, I thank God for this semester. If i remember more, i will post more.
Lmao forget GRE scores, we are far better than the Indians. I have two Indian class mates that were forming boss too. The best thing is to settle in on time. It took me a while to settle but once I did, I never looked back.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2016
Na wetin America dey teach us o baba
akins2016:

I swear i didnt see this your post before i posted mine.. and we basically said the same thing. LOL i only saw the first one you postedon page 287
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Lmao forget GRE scores, we are far better than the Indians. I have two Indian class mates that were forming boss too. The best thing is to settle in on time. It took me a while to settle but once I did, I never looked back.

Yes oo bro you are right. My brother, i cried but when settled down too, i aced every damn thing. Thank God for this One of my classmates in Nigeria is on his way to Tennesse as we speak. hopefully you guys can relate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
OluDare01:
Na wetin America dey teach us o baba
Yes oo bro Hopefully spring semester will be better than this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
We dey relate wella. He's going to Memphis
akins2016:

Yes oo bro you are right. My brother, i cried but when settled down too, i aced every damn thing. Thank God for this One of my classmates in Nigeria is on his way to Tennesse as we speak. hopefully you guys can relate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2016
OluDare01:

I don't know about those schools but I think you can check Mississippi state university.
Thanks baba.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
sunboy:
VO; Good morning

Good morning

VO; How did you got to know about the school

Two alumnus I know recommended the school .

VO; Who's your sponsor

Dad

VO: What he does for a living

Explained

VO: Have you traveled out before ?

No

VO;What's your plan after studies? Are you proceeding to baccalaureate? Or stopping with your AA

Coming back home after the AA after some months internships either paid or free internship in the states just to gain experience.

To pick a job in the field or start a private consulting firm in the field.

VO: Good! Your visa should be ready on Friday. Keep your i20 like it's your passport.

Thank you again ma'am.

No statement, no documents, she didn't even open my i20 at all until after she granted it. All was done with my passport while she type.

I applied for Associate Degree in a Community College. Some people would say it is a RED FLAG well I advice you follow your guts, say some prayers for favor and let God decide for you.

Once again, many were denied. But God ultimately decided for me even though comments here about AA discouraged me.
What community school did you apply? Why hiding a lot of information? That makes it uncolorful you know and it shouldn't be.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ojWinston: 5:45pm On Dec 16, 2016
Dear, all i have been a silent follower on this thread. I have employed knowledge on this thread through out my pursuit of this American dream. I applied for spring 2017 session got the admission and the I20. about to pay for my sevis and Visa. BUT I didn't get any funding I have mailed several profs and finally got a reply from one who wants to meet with to discuss my program and research interest. He wants me to meet him on campus in January but I cant wait till January I need to know He would offer my a spot on as GA, This is important going forward cos my personal fund no reach anything o. please I need advice on how best to approach him with my challenges with out seem too desperate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sunboy(m): 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
DeeTus:
What community school did you apply? Why hiding a lot of information? That makes it uncolorful.

Well I have nothing to hide boss. I felt it wasn't necessary. It's College of the Canyons, Santa Clarita, CA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 16, 2016
OluDare01:

Please how do you want someone to answer this question

The thing dey tire me sha... #SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.