Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675818 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Doyean26: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
Songitto:
Hello guys, anybody in need of dollars should pm me, someone in u s want to send me $600 right now as additional money to book my flight, i just told the person to hold on for 1hour... pm right now if you are in need of dollars, rate 440naira = 1usd. No time
Please I'm interested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 10:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
lionlee216:

Carry 50k along grin grin
Guy no gimme heart attack o. Lool. E no suppose pass 4k na?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2016
Christian129:
Hello guys! So my school asked for immunization. Abeg which hospital in Lagos or ib is the best for this purpose, and why? Thank you very much.
Luth or UCH
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
Christian129:

Thanks baba
Do you have any idea of the price
Depends on the vaccine.
Just go there and find out.
But you know say recession dey, you fit carry 30k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 16, 2016
Christian129:

Guy no gimme heart attack o. Lool. E no suppose pass 4k na?
go and build hospital stamp for 900 naira fill the damn thing stamp it with dates and submit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
grin grin grin
slimmy2005:
go and build hospital stamp for 900 naira fill the damn thing stamp it with dates and submit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:23pm On Dec 16, 2016
Street levels.... cool cool cool grin

slimmy2005:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tunamost: 11:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
Please anyone with good heart should please give me a detailed description to the US embassy in lagos....I would like to know how to get to the US Embassy from CMS.....My interview comes up next week plz and plz i need your prayers.....I know the lord who did others will do mine....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
sobastical:
Street levels.... cool cool cool grin

There is recession and the thing don dey enter America sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
Chai!

slimmy2005:
There is recession and the thing don dey enter America sef.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 11:53pm On Dec 16, 2016
imperiouxx:

I knew it. I'm missing some posts directed to me here. Like to reply those people asking me about NY accommodation. I just got too much going on everyday. I never checked the email for the past 2.5 months but I will try check it later today after work. Remind me here again if it's taking too long. Best!
Aiit boss, I appreciate that. I'll be expecting your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 2:13am On Dec 17, 2016
If u are interested in dollars let me know,a friend want to send money home to family and friends and he needs naira to send home.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 2:22am On Dec 17, 2016
OluDare01:
We dey relate wella. He's going to Memphis
That's good. i hope to meet you one day too maybe when I'm chanced i will try to fly come that una arena.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 2:25am On Dec 17, 2016
cecemat:

Thank God for you bro... Hard worj pays really well oh!
I am coming over by Jan 10 to resume a graduate school in Electrical Engineering.
My Visa interview is Jan 4th. Please pray with me on this. God will surely approve. Amen
I wish you all the best God will favor you . Trust me, you will get it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 4:11am On Dec 17, 2016
slimmy2005:

My God! This is a public forum. You have high reputation here na.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 4:24am On Dec 17, 2016
akins2016:
Hmmmm, How do i start this amazing story? Anyways, let me just start anyhow since this is not a GRE essay. I doubt if some of you still recognize me. this is akins2016, i feel like analyzing my experience as a mathematician during this past semester. First all, i will say that studying mathematics in this america is not as easy as anyone would think or maybe i am the dumb ass person who knows. It's been up to 4 months since i had the time to write on here as i was facing so many things in grad school LOL. All courses seems hard when everything started. as much as i tried to get people to study with, my brothers and sisters, the thing no pure oo. People here no too get joy for face oo some of them will even tell you to go drop the course if you no know am instead of them to explain things to you, one Indian guy told me this.Oga Oludare01 you are absolutely right. But i was able to get 2 Americans wey we kon study together.Also, i and some Ghanaian friends no relent ooo, we tried our best to study together as we were both facing this same problem. we were united to make things go well for us, it wasn't really easy. Anyways to cut the long story short, we met with our graduate coordinator and we were able to iron things out as he helped us figure out how to go about things and gave us some nice strategies I thank God that the most stressful semester of my life turns out to be the best so far (GP wise). This is not a cooked story as person like Tods and fesobi can testify to this. Even the indian that was forming boss is now having issues i doubt he finished this semester well. I just hope things are okay for him too sha. My advice for anyone coming here to study any tough course like mathematics or so should prepare his or her mind to face something tough but should not relent as hard work pays here. No saddists just like Oludare01 have said. Above all, I thank God for this semester. If i remember more, i will post more.

It is really good you know your weakness and studying ahead of time. But Mathematics shouldn't be too hard na. I wish you are in same class with Goldenqueen here. She studies mathematics in Texas Women Uniersity and had never had less than an "A" in any of her courses. Mind you, she didn't do mathematics in her undergraduate course o.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 4:30am On Dec 17, 2016
Mayflowa:

It is really good you know your weakness and studying ahead of time. But Mathematics shouldn't be too hard na. I wish you are in same class with Goldenqueen here. She studies mathematics in Texas Women Uniersity and had never had less than an "A" in any of her courses. Mind you, she didn't do mathematics in her undergraduate course o.
It depends on the kind of mathematics she's doing. I guess you're talking about Esther she did physics in Unilag right ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 4:41am On Dec 17, 2016
akins2016:

It depends on the kind of mathematics she's doing. I guess you're talking about Esther she did physics in Unilag right ?

Is mathematics not mathematics: logic theory, PDE, ODE, Numerical methods, Calculus, operations research and statistics? What else? You need to be listening to YouTube video on any topic you wants. They are all there. As a nairalander, you need to be on top of your class. That is how we roll.

Yes you are correct about her.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OjaP: 5:07am On Dec 17, 2016
kinematicguy:

Exactly, you nailed it. Getting into UT Austin and Texas A&M is tougher, a professor has to be willing to take you in.

Infact I have been trying to get a potential advisor at Texas A&M, the only two profs that have replied, said they're not taking new grad students. The rest after multiple mails, nothing yet. I guess I will try CSM now.

What do you think about mechanical engineering? I think petroleum engineering is too specialized. With a degree in mechanical engineering, you can still work in the oil industries. Just make sure you take some petroleum geology or reservoir engineering classes as part of your electives. And with the current crisis in the oil sector, your mechanical engineering degree will be valuable and would open doors for you in other sectors.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:10am On Dec 17, 2016
Mayflowa:

My God! This is a public forum. You have high reputation here na.
He should go take shots he has already taken as a baby? The problem lies in our inability to keep record. Record system or database is our problem.

Like I said, get the stamp and fill the damn thing

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by myright: 5:53am On Dec 17, 2016
can I use a voters card as a national ID card for visa application?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eddymatti(m): 6:00am On Dec 17, 2016
Good morning all, I have been a silent reader on this forum, everybody going for student interview are mostly science related, is there nobody that is going to study economics, that have gone for interview b4?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 6:44am On Dec 17, 2016
Is it advisable I say I've been working with my dad(he's the sponsor) and I also got a certificate in computer engineering at lagos city computer college,when the consular asks "what have you been doing since you left high school" as I've left high school since 2009 and I'm applying for an f1 student visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 6:45am On Dec 17, 2016
eddymatti:
Good morning all, I have been a silent reader on this forum, everybody going for student interview are mostly science related, is there nobody that is going to study economics, that have gone for interview b4?
There are. You don't need to fret, just prepare very well. Let the VO see you're a credible student, won't get stranded over there in terms of cash, and that there are chances you'll be coming back.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 6:45am On Dec 17, 2016
eddymatti:
talk to spaceshipz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 6:48am On Dec 17, 2016
eniolagharxe:
Is it advisable I say I've been working with my dad(he's the sponsor) and I also got a certificate in computer engineering at lagos city computer college,when the consular asks "what have you been doing since you left high school" as I've left high school since 2009 and I'm applying for an f1 student visa?
You want to know what to say? 7 years is a long time, what have you[i] really [/i]been doing since then? I think it's key you tie your roles in your dad's company to what you're going to study. Better if you can relate both to what you plan to do when you return.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 6:52am On Dec 17, 2016
happyday:

You want to know what to say? 7 years is a long time, what have you[i] really [/i]been doing since then? I think it's key you tie your roles in your dad's company to what you're going to study. Better if you can relate both to what you plan to do when you return.
I've actually been working with my dad(a senior manager at NCC,technical research and standards and a mobile phone distro)wanna study computer engineering ...so,should I go ahead and talk about working with him with the VO?...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrRoYCe(m): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2016
myright:
can I use a voters card as a national ID card for visa application?

Na wetin I dey use be that when I first land, although some folks go dey ask some unnecessary questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Tods(f): 7:15am On Dec 17, 2016
hahahaahhahah oh my God!!!!! If thats what you call math then you're so wrong, those are elective courses. we are talking of courses like Real analysis, Modern and abstract algebra, topology etc those are the core for ms math degree (where you wan get youtube video for that one) and they are freakin hard. Last time i checked Esther is in more of the statistics option.
Mayflowa:

Is mathematics not mathematics: logic theory, PDE, ODE, Numerical methods, Calculus, operations research and statistics? What else? You need to be listening to YouTube video on any topic you wants. They are all there. As a nairalander, you need to be on top of your class. That is how we roll.

Yes you are correct about her.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 7:17am On Dec 17, 2016
eddymatti:

So many. The same technique is applied. Science students feel more need for further studies than the humanities'. More so, they get more scholarships than their art counterpart. Further more, science people too like book! Art ladies wanna settle down to marriage.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2016
OK. I just finished my exam today. Though I have my Qualifier exam by first week of January, I still feel the need to relax awhile and probably look for Lagosismyhome trouble. Where is she?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tunamost: 7:30am On Dec 17, 2016
tunamost:
Please anyone with good heart should please give me a detailed description to the US embassy in lagos....I would like to know how to get to the US Embassy from CMS.....My interview comes up next week plz and plz i need your prayers.....I know the lord who did others will do mine....
Morning guyz, plz i need u to describe how to get to the US consulate from CMS...I believe knowing how to locate the place would also ease my tension on that day....

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.