Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675749 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 10:45am On Dec 17, 2016
Mystiqme:
Hi everyone.
How do you guys pay school fees in this era of dollar scarcity? Wire transfer?
I have asked this question so many times , nobody wants to answer , it seems like most people do not intend to pay any tuition when they get there. Either they just abscond or they work along side their studies to pay up , but a very few also have scholarships. No one seems to be worried about how to pay tuition fee.
This issue has been giving me serious headache , paying tuition fee using parallel market rate would be bloody , I'm just hoping someone here tells me CBN form a still works.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2016
Is it advisable I say I've been working with my dad(he's the sponsor) and I also got a certificate in computer engineering at lagos city computer college,when the consular asks "what have you been doing since you left high school" as I've left high school since 2009 and I'm applying for an f1 student visa?...please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2016
akins2016:

I wish you all the best God will favor you . Trust me, you will get it.

Amen and Amen brov....
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2016
GboyegaD:

Most of those whom we were in school have graduated however, I can link you with my roommate cos he is still in Denton. How can he contact you?
here is my number 08023497662. please, let him add me up on whatsapp. i can also mail him or reach across to him if you give me his contavt. thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:49am On Dec 17, 2016
This flight issue no be here o. Suggestions pls. i need a cheap flight to JFK or Newark

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2016
KELVIN086:

I have asked this question so many times , nobody wants to answer , it seems like most people do not intend to pay any tuition when they get there. Either they just abscond or they work along side their studies to pay up , but a very few also have scholarships. No one seems to be worried about how to pay tuition fee.
This issue has been giving me serious headache , paying tuition fee using parallel market rate would be bloody , I'm just hoping someone here tells me CBN form a still works.

grin grin grin grin grin all way na way grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 12:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
eniolagharxe:
thought of that but also think since it's an undergraduate degree (associate degree) and I have just O'level and a computer engineering certificate I'd be a little "off" to talk like a "professional"

What course are you going for. If it is computer science or engineering, then you have to tell them you are a computer wiz and a very good programmer as a child. That you design mobile app fir instant and That made a software grabbed you straight from secondary school but as Nigeria is a country that place people according to their level of education, you found yourself loosing out on career development. And you still enjoy lower band of salary ev r n when you have the knowledge have the senior band.

That is what Gave birth to your decision to go back to school. That your certificate and the added knowledge is going to open world of opportunities to you and your dad is very excited to support your educational development.

What do you think?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
Mayflowa:

What course are you going for. If it is computer science or engineering, then you have to tell them you are a computer wiz and a very good programmer as a child. That you design mobile app fir instant and That made a software grabbed you straight from secondary school but as Nigeria is a country that place people according to their level of education, you found yourself loosing out on career development. And you still enjoy lower band of salary ev r n when you have the knowledge have the senior band.

That is what Gave birth to your decision to go back to school. That your certificate and the added knowledge is going to open world of opportunities to you and your dad is very excited to support your educational development.

What do you think?
...its computer engineering,would it matter if I didn't fill it in my DS-160?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
Christian129:
This flight issue no be here o. Suggestions pls. i need a cheap flight to JFK or Newark
check royal maroc air
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
Mayflowa:

So many. The same technique is applied. Science students feel more need for further studies than the humanities'. More so, they get more scholarships than their art counterpart. Further more, science people too like book! Art ladies wanna settle down to marriage.

The last time I checked, Economics no be arts or humanities

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2016
eniolagharxe:
...its computer engineering,would it matter if I didn't fill it in my DS-160?

Of course, it will matter. You don't wanna contadict yourself. If you really need the visa, you have to cancel this appointment. Fill a new DS-160 and link to to your reappointment. You won't be paying for first time cancellation. Your having visa starts from your DS160

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Enjay11: 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
I'm interested please. Sent you a pm
kenniez26:
If u are interested in dollars let me know,a friend want to send money home to family and friends and he needs naira to send home.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mudi1012: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
@Enjay11 how can i check the PM you sent me ?...am still to figure out how to use this platform ..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mudi1012: 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2016
I am new here and still trying to figure out how to use this platform ...how can i check my PM ??
mudi1012:
Please Nairalanders ..i need your help had am going to Abuja for my interview in two weeks times ...I need your advise please help a broda to leave this country and chase his dreams ....i have read a lot and am happy to be part of this forum and will love to learn more ...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 2:20pm On Dec 17, 2016
koczee:
PM me
Done bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
check royal maroc air

Baba Air Maroc don turn BA o. The lowest is 380k. I just weak. And it was 205 last week o. The surge is crazy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
Christian129:

Baba Air Maroc don turn BA o. The lowest is 380k. I just weak. And it was 205 last week o. The surge is crazy.
You better grab the offer. Royal Maroc is still the cheapest.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 3:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
slimmy2005:
He should go take shots he has already taken as a baby? The problem lies in our inability to keep record. Record system or database is our problem.

Like I said, get the stamp and fill the damn thing

I am not sure meningitis is compulsory for all and it is one of the shots he needs to take.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 17, 2016
GboyegaD:

I am not sure meningitis is compulsory for all and it is one of the shots he needs to take.
Well, my school requires 2 shots of MMR. My mum has a record of my shots including polio vaccines. But the hospital clearly doesn't have my record anymore. I presented my birth certificate issued by the hospital to them and they said they've lost those files or record. I didnt stress much, I went to my mums doctor and he stamped it for me. I'm still yet to see any baby in Nigeria who didn't get the Meningitis shot anyway. So it's pointless going for the shot again. It wouldn't harm taking another shot anyway, but those shots are pricy. I took some when I got here but my insurance covered all the fees
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 4:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
eniolagharxe:
I've actually been working with my dad(a senior manager at NCC,technical research and standards and a mobile phone distro)wanna study computer engineering ...so,should I go ahead and talk about working with him with the VO?...
Yeah, you can mention that. Only let them see that you actually worked in an official capacity, handling official responsibilities.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lillie26: 4:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
Goodevening, Pls I'm new on this thread
I need information on the following questions to guide me through, I got my bsc in 2009 in Business Administration with a 2:2 and I'm 30 years, although I've been working since after my youth service in 2011, what are my chances of getting admission in the US to study for my masters in human resource management,?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 4:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
happyday:

Yeah, you can mention that. Only let them see that you actually worked in an official capacity, handling official responsibilities.
though I didn't fill on my DS-160 that I'm employed,filled student and my current institution as lagos city computer college, where I got a certificate in computer engineering (2013-2015), can I still go ahead and mention working with my dad before getting the certificate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
Everyone am so so sorry.Am not the owner of the dollar.it is 445.i wish it could be sold at 320 naira to 1 dollar but there is nothing absolutely I can do about that
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
Christian129:

Na the scarcity of aviation fuel cause am, they're all complaining about it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
kenniez26:
Everyone am so so sorry.Am not the owner of the dollar.it is 445.i wish it could be sold at 320 naira to 1 dollar but there is nothing absolutely I can do about that
baba check your mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
these airlines wan collect all my Iphone 7 money finish for my hand. KOLEWERK grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2016
lillie26:
Goodevening, Pls I'm new on this thread
I need information on the following questions to guide me through, I got my bsc in 2009 in Business Administration with a 2:2 and I'm 30 years, although I've been working since after my youth service in 2011, what are my chances of getting admission in the US to study for my masters in human resource management,?
Age isn't always a problem when it comes to grad sch. try to write standardized tests; GMAT and TOEFL or IELTS. i believe you would be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
GboyegaD:

baba, abeg reply your PM. eshey gan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Hmm... yea OAU. You know me?

No but I know a couple of people (Isokan) who say Danke.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kennyanderson: 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2016
Please house is it advisable to apply for both scholarship and GA together. Will they complement each or cause a problem if both are given.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
Mayflowa:

Hey calm down. I didn't insult you. Can't you use some advice. So you mean to tell me some YouTube video won't be helpful in your course? So all the courses I mentioned aren't part of your courses you will be taking to graduate in Mathematics? Were you expecting I would list all of them?

The people that studied with you are kind people. In graduate school, no one have time for the other except you came from same country. I was only sorry that you had to go through the stress of asking for such favor.

Bro, mathematics is a natural skill. There are young lad that crack adult mathematics. For you to continue in mathematics, you must have had flair for it. At least, none of this should be new to you at Master levels.

But like I said, it is good you were able to pull through

I don't even know how to categorize your level of thinking about mathematics. you think mathematics is all about calculation right ? Get close to a pure and/ or an applied mathematician, ensure you look through their notes or you can simply google stuffs on it. you dey here dey talk like something i don't even know. Natural skill ko mammi water skill ni. I will try my best not to insult you. Try to show a matured person your posts and see what they think of it. That one self they talk matured reply SMH for you both. It's hard but we were able to survive it with good grade shikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.