Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673650 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tomisinobm(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2016
cecemat:
Lemme do a lil softwork on this drop box... If you put a joy level indicator on my heart now, it will explode grin
These guys well wink wink wink wink

Lol. You're too hyperactive grin
Calm down. Izz jus a visa sturv wink

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by damiliano(m): 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2016
texrem:

Who wan invite u for interview?

You fit dash dem money...dem no recognise u.....lolz

When you pay....you book appointment. ...na u go visit dem.

Will I choose the date I want myself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by poshestaunt: 5:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
Hi all. My uni (stratford uni )has refused to transfer my sevis to the CC I want to attend. In stead they are insisting that I spend at least a semester with them or else they will release it in terminated status. I've sent them emails because I'm aware that is an illegal action on their part. They insist it's their school's policy. I'm so exhausted. Please guys who has been through this before? What are my options? Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
poshestaunt:
Hi all. My uni (stratford uni )has refused to transfer my sevis to the CC I want to attend. In stead they are insisting that I spend at least a semester with them or else they will release it in terminated status. I've sent them emails because I'm aware that is an illegal action on their part. They insist it's their school's policy. I'm so exhausted. Please guys who has been through this before? What are my options? Thanks a lot

wow, madam lagosismyhome has addressed this I can vividly recollect, that schools got their policies and that might make them have right to do what they wanted concerning the i20. I think. The best bet is to check out madam's comment on this matter on the previous page before you take a turn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by wealth360: 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
seeker88:

One of my application fees is 50 USD, so this is a very good option for me.
Thanks boss! Sent you a pm....

Please can u kindly link me up with slimmy2005. I want to pay an application fee of $40. Pls help a broda.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2016
uzolexis:

what books are the best to use in studying for TOEFL
Try Kaplan, they also have practical test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
poshestaunt:

hummmm some schools are very mean sha...the school knows its a useless school anyway , maybe thats why it wants to force students to attend there ..... i am not an expert on what can be done or the legalities for d school to force u but in the past i have heard of school insisting at least a semester

regarding next steps ...its something u have to throughly investigate to see what ur options are
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2016
cecemat:

Bro I beg where i fit check out this stuff on drop box na?
Pardon?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
cecemat:
@texrem What's up bo$$

Your boy is getting ready for an approved visa interview at Abuja... #IStandToBeCoached

Shoot me email...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 6:58pm On Dec 19, 2016
mudi1012:
@texrem okay thanks will shoot you an email now

Seen....n replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 6:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
ajicse:
This forum has been wonderful and helpful, my flight is schedule for 31st December, can somebody confirm to me dollar rate within airport and rate outside. I was told to change my money within airport that's always cheaper compare to my present location which is Akure. I will be studying MSC computer science at western Illinois University

Airport is 490....from someone who touched down here recentlt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
damiliano:

Will I choose the date I want myself

Yessssss....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 7:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
poshestaunt:

Are you in the USA or u re exchanging emails with the uni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by believerspraise: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2016
@ Mekan PM Me.
femi321:
Congrats. You dont need to pay any amount. Contact @cutemorgan for any tips. Hes in your school. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by oluphy: 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
poshestaunt:
you gotta endure. Do the semester
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by believerspraise: 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2016
Mekan PM Me.
femi321:
Congrats. You dont need to pay any amount. Contact @cutemorgan for any tips. Hes in your school. All the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by oluphy: 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2016
Been a while. Hope everyone is good.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by oluphy: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
Picomon:
Hello guys,

I want to study Software Engineering for Masters but my main graduate course is Chemical Engineering. I've sent mails to the schools I intend applying to and they said no problem I can apply.

Now, I heard this won't go down well with the US embassy because I didn't choose a course related to 'Chemical Engineering'.

I'm a self taught Web developer so I decided to study Software Eng for Masters. To be sincere, I'm not interested in any Chemical Eng 'extension course or degree'.

Do you think it's better to choose a course related to my first degree in order to be on a safer side? kindly share your advice with me. Thanks in advance.
of course. It's okay to do your masters in software. Explain using control systems engineering as well as process design and the use of Aspen HYSYS and Matlab. Sefini

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
wealth360:

Please can u kindly link me up with slimmy2005. I want to pay an application fee of $40. Pls help a broda.
send me a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajicse: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2016
Thank you for the info
texrem:

Airport is 490....from someone who touched down here recentlt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by poshestaunt: 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
texrem:

Are you in the USA or u re exchanging emails with the uni?

I'm in the us
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nifty: 7:49pm On Dec 19, 2016
poshestaunt:

I'm in the us

Is this the Glen Allen location?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
texrem:

Shoot me email...

Aite boss...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by poshestaunt: 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2016
nifty:

Is this the Glen Allen location?

Falls church Virginia
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
ajicse:
Lol, sorry this is coming late. Interview was 6:30am and I slept at ikeja night before my interview because my brother promised me that his driver will drop me at the embassy very early in the morning.
We left Ikeja very early in the morning full of hope and trusting on God, trust Naija police they always have way to put sand in your garri as we are approaching the embassy few building to the embassy the person driving took left turn instead of top us and impound our car. I was disturbed and disorganised but all thanks to baba God. Oya fast forward to my interview
Me: Good morning ma, no answer from VO
VO: why are you going to US
me: I am going to us to study for my master in computer science at western Illinois University
VO: what is your area of specialization
Me : I specialize in computer network haven work as a system administrator with an IT centre of a university for more than four years
VO : what project are you going to work on during your master program
ME : I already had rehearse answer for this question, I just told her I will be working on ways to measure and mitigate web performance bottleneck in a broadband network
VO: Which method do you plan to use for this your project
ME: MY mind skip here but was able to come up with an answer though not too comfortable with, I told her am already working on a similar project and that what I do is to have some local Linux serve in-house to serve as a cache something like dns cache server, content server. She cut in
VO : who is sponsoring your program
ME: MY uncle
VO: what does he do
ME: he's a professor at the university of Illinois and he also does international shipping business
VO: here come the golden word, your visa has been approved, pick up and handed the white paper to me
ME: thank you ma, all thanks to God, with him all things are possible

Blessings follow you jare... Love your transcript... Gonna be sharing mine soon.
#WatchOut

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
tomisinobm:

Lol. You're too hyperactive grin
Calm down. Izz jus a visa sturv wink

My guy lol... Need some vibes brov. Don't mind me jare; I need more of the hyperactivity self brov.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2016
I need a coach to mock me up, interview in about 48hrs
My boss walspring is so busy now... Anyone willing should kindly shoot me a PM or I do after quoting me.

Gracias!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2016
sobastical:
My boss walspring is so busy now... Anyone willing should kindly shoot me a PM or I do after quoting me.

Gracias!

Let's practice..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
sobastical:

Gracias!

Success Bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Venek: 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
Visa approved this morning, I Give all Thanx to God for showing me favour. My appointment was for 8.15am but got interviewed by 10.40, first I was told during biometric that my barcode doesn't correspond, this got me destabilized, good thing was that the fault didn't come from me, so it was fixed within minutes.
I want to thank the wonderful men and women that God used to make this day a success, thank you for your prayers, love and support. Thanx to Deetus for your time, a day never passed by without your advice, interviews and words of encouragement, thanx texrem for sevis fee payment, mock interview, and contributing to my transcript especially when i was depressed.Thanx robedolu for making this dream real and also introducing Brightify to me, @brightify your scolding on the first day of interview made me to sit up, embarassed thanx for your advice, encouragement and time, even in your busy schedule, thanks to pastor Walspring for the accomodation, prayers and showing me around Lagos, I for lost oo. Thanx Gunther for TOEFL fee subsidy. I thank everyone that have posted in this forum, I read and learnt alot.....transcript loading

19 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kennyanderson: 9:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
mcearnie:
You know it is good to always be consistent even if you are lying. Well, if your sponsor is stated on your I-20, better fill same on your DS-160 and be ready to tell the VO same thing. Any inconsistency can cause you your dream. In other word, be planning to defend who your sponsor is and how you are related.
Thank you for your advice Sir, it is well understood. I really appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Kennyanderson: 9:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
Chapecoense:

this will invite trouble... You going to be saying what u filled in ur DS160. If u filled that ur dad is ur sponsor, why turn up with a statment of someonelse? Since u r using a sponsor's statment, u definitely will fill it in ur ds160.. Except u fill ur ds160 to show ur dad as the sponsor and pray they dont ask for the statement odikwa too risky..
Just be honest..
Okay sir, thanks for the advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.