Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673044 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
CPT never change
amanze15:

Dear International Students,

A final USCIS fee rule was published in the Federal Register on October 24, 2016 regarding the increase to many USCIS application forms. Applications or petitions mailed, postmarked, or otherwise filed on or after December 23, 2016 must include the new fee.

The following application forms have been increased effective December 23, 2016:

· I-765 Form Application for Employment Authorization – this form is used primarily for students applying for OPT, STEM OPT, and Economic Hardship.
Ø New Fee: $410.00

· I-539 Form Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status – this form is used primarily for student who are requesting to change status from F and J visas or for students who are applying for reinstatement.
Ø New Fee: $370.00

· I-290B Form Notice of Appeal or Motion – this form is used primarily by students who have received a denial from USCIS for an application request.
Ø New Fee: $675.00
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
OluDare01:
CPT never change
CPT is free. This mail was send to all international student by their DSOs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
Timi1990:

Chai $410 for Economic hardship . Nawa oooo
When you can file for free? Why would you pay such amount when you are experiencing hardship. Fill the fee waiver form and make sure you attach enough evidence and zero account balance with all your bills.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Timi1990(m): 11:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
slimmy2005:
When you can file for free? Why would you pay such amount when you are experiencing hardship. Fill the fee waiver form and make sure you attach enough evidence and zero account balance with all your bills.

Please where can I get the fee waiver form for free ? Dso office or USIC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Oriyt1(m): 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
slimmy2005:
you'll get an auto response that sends you all the materials
got it, thanks sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
guys please how can one book a connecting flight of over $100 with a gtb mastercard orpaypal. Thething don tire me mehn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by coobboy(m): 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
DeeTus:
You do not qualify for a dropbox visa.

How you know that?
Well basically, Returned from the us back to Nigeria to renew the F1 visa. But was qualified for the Dropbox. So submitted the passport with the dropbox confirmation letter. Don't know why, couldn't see no visa on it, or a letter of denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mayflowa(m): 12:00am On Dec 29, 2016
Christian129:
guys please how can one book a connecting flight of over $100 with a gtb mastercard orpaypal. Thething don tire me mehn.

Yeah sorry. I could help you book it if you want while you send a commensurate naira to my naija account. PM me if the option works for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by maximus89: 12:04am On Dec 29, 2016
Pls house...can anyone help with info on g3tting cheap flight ticket to NYC 2nd week of january 2017, apart from using cheapflight.com. have any1 gotten an offer for Less than 365K (qatar airways). Pls help ur help is needed. Tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 12:26am On Dec 29, 2016
Choi, I never knew o. Our DSO no send us anything. The guy dey flex for Miami
slimmy2005:
CPT is free. This mail was send to all international student by their DSOs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 12:27am On Dec 29, 2016
By the time it increase, you go know how far. Better go book am
maximus89:
Pls house...can anyone help with info on g3tting cheap flight ticket to NYC 2nd week of january 2017, apart from using cheapflight.com. have any1 gotten an offer for Less than 365K (qatar airways). Pls help ur help is needed. Tanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 29, 2016
Timi1990:

Please where can I get the fee waiver form for free ? Dso office or USIC
online USCIS:

https://www.uscis.gov/archive/tips-filing-form-i-912-request-fee-waiver
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by wealth360: 2:41am On Dec 29, 2016
@sshola I sight you broda. Don't you sleep? Wish you all the best Man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 3:57am On Dec 29, 2016
coobboy:

How you know that?
Well basically, Returned from the us back to Nigeria to renew the F1 visa. But was qualified for the Dropbox. So submitted the passport with the dropbox confirmation letter. Don't know why, couldn't see no visa on it, or a letter of denial

Not sure how long you're in Nigeria but it's typically advised to go in for an interview if you're in Nigeria only briefly. Did you check the status online..sure it made it to the embassy/consulate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 4:05am On Dec 29, 2016
mudi1012:
Visa Was delayed in Abuja today for not tangible reason.... VO was just denying everybody only gave a boy that came with his mom ..
brother....reapply....and pray God go do am...I got denied on Thursday and reapplied and got approved the next Tuesday...you'll be alright...JUST PRAY AND SURRENDER ALL TO GOD

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 4:08am On Dec 29, 2016
cecemat:
What's the best dress code to wear to a visa interview
anything you feel comfortable in...wore a Polo and Chinos pants and sandals to mine..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 4:12am On Dec 29, 2016
akins2016:

you better sleep at the airport.!!!
ah?...Abeg o...sleep at the airport keh...I'm still Hopeful...PLEASE...I NEED JUST A NIGHT CRASH...NEW JERSEY PLEASE...I CAN SLEEP IN THE KITCHEN SEF JUST FOR ONE NIGHT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:47am On Dec 29, 2016
coobboy:

How you know that?
You have to appear at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iyobs7(f): 5:16am On Dec 29, 2016
Just did a WES evaluation of my result and got this with the free version, does any school accept this GPA for admission? 2.75/4

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 5:19am On Dec 29, 2016
mudi1012:
Visa Was delayed in Abuja today for not tangible reason.... VO was just denying everybody only gave a boy that came with his mom ..
abuja strict die.......them take things hard there gan......bro if you can reschedule to lag...
it gonna be your advantage .....I too was refused at abuja b4 I come lag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 5:56am On Dec 29, 2016
eniolagharxe:
ah?...Abeg o...sleep at the airport keh...I'm still Hopeful...PLEASE...I NEED JUST A NIGHT CRASH...NEW JERSEY PLEASE...I CAN SLEEP IN THE KITCHEN SEF JUST FOR ONE NIGHT

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 6:30am On Dec 29, 2016
akins2016:

grin grin
Even New York sef...I no mind
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by coobboy(m): 6:49am On Dec 29, 2016
biikeys:

Not sure how long you're in Nigeria but it's typically advised to go in for an interview if you're in Nigeria only briefly. Did you check the status online..sure it made it to the embassy/consulate?

Just two weeks. And yeas it got there. Tracked it during the whole process. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by coobboy(m): 6:52am On Dec 29, 2016
DeeTus:
You have to appear at the embassy.
Ayt thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 29, 2016
coobboy:

Ayt thanks
That's okay, brother. I always like to say things the way they are. Unfortunately, I get criticized sometimes.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 7:42am On Dec 29, 2016
PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH ACCOMMODATION FOR A WHILE IN NEW YORK....PLEASE HELP ME...I BEG YOU!!!...ARRIVAL IS FOR THE FIRST OF JANUARY 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2016
iyobs7:
Just did a WES evaluation of my result and got this with the free version, does any school accept this GPA for admission? 2.75/4
sure, there are quite a number of schools that will accept that. you just need to search for them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 29, 2016
eniolagharxe:
if you can sleep in the kitchen, then you should be able to sleep in the Airport. Airport is not bad, slept at that same jfk and I didnt die. you might have to start preparing your mind about that

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2016
maximus89:
If you like yourself,just book it fast. it will keep increasing as the day gets nearer. by the way, dollar is 490 now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2016
mudi1012:

Habah na... What's happening? I beg oh. God will come through sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 29, 2016
mudi1012:
very sad but i will definitely shoot them back very soon ...@sobastical

I will shoot you an email now bro. Do well to send me a reply ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 29, 2016
mudi1012:
very sad but i will definitely shoot them back very soon ...@sobastical

Please post your delayed transcript so that some of us will get some corrections on ours

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.