Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674204 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chapecoense(m): 11:23am On Dec 30, 2016
mamamj:
Good morning all
I have been a silent reader
Wanted to chip in few guides for aspiring students
You can apply to west texas A&M university without any use of english test or gmat/sat
Just a 3.0GPA and a signed copy from your school indicating that you were taught in english.
I just got my admission, though havent gotten visa yet because my 120 is not here, but i still have about 2weeks because school is resuming 17th
Wish all good luck in our endeavours
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 11:30am On Dec 30, 2016
Link to Part10 visa interview transcripts. 1st and 2nd Batches (Pages 1 - 200 covered).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vv0a0sfgaysztiq/AADbiS4UG7q57b0qcFPjaPkna?dl=0

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by olukoredejay: 1:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
Good day house, please I am in need of a soft copy of GRE and Tofoel materials. Whoever has one at his / her disposal should please assist me with it. My email address is olukoredej@yahoo.com
Thank you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2016
coobboy:

Just two weeks. And yeas it got there. Tracked it during the whole process. Thanks

Just email them then with your concern LagosNIV@state.gov or insert Abuja..depending on where you sent it to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2016
OJCITY22:

Congrats! Only Jah can do it.....

Only God can do it smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 2:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
akins2016:

i slept in that same new jersey (Newark airport) after missing my connecting flight. The fact that i can't afford to waist another 100$ for the hotel
i lodged on my first day in NJ made me do so. so if he like he should listen to me. He will even see some americans there sleeping due to the fact that they need to catch an early flight and their home is so far away from the airport.

I remember you now Akin.

@eniolagharxe, lot of people that missed their flights or have a long stopover do sleep in airports with no problems with anyone. Since you will be connecting the next day, you will stand a great chance of missing your flight if you leave, just like akin experienced. Also if you're staying in NY and have to go back to Newark, NJ, then you're ready to pay a high price just to miss the flight. You have to pay lot of money to get yourself to the airport and the cab may come to you late or run into traffic on your way back to the airport....... I don't think leaving is a good idea.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hello all, please is it compulsory to do WES evaluation when applying and if not how does one know which school require WES evaluation be done ?

Since our cgpa is over 5.0 will the school convert to 4.0 by themselves ?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
cecemat:
This is to apologise for any misinterpretation that my earlier post might have caused.

Trust me, I never meant to unveil it in that manner. Just felt for a brovda that just got delayed.

#APOLOGIES
cry cry cry cry cry

I got refused the visa myself. I never came back here to bite people or kick them in the butts because I'm frustrated. All eyes were on me then, it was a matter of who would advise the adviser cheesy. Today, I'm still appreciating every moment of my journey. If only I can meet the first vo lady that denied me again, I would love to say thank you for being wrong about me to her and tell her all my achievements in US today. So relax, you still have many things which are far beyond student visa to worry about. Make every disappointment a reason to reach for success.

Best!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 3:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Most people just come here and ask questions that have been amswered more than 1000times.
Y'all should learn how to make use of the search button.
Please you guys should stop sending me PMs, because if I don't reply and you're denied, you will put the blame on those that didn't reply your pm. If you're coming to the US and the word 'independent' is not in your dictionary,you're in for a long thing. I'm not a fan of mock interview honestly, during my time, I didn't even do any mock interview. I don't know your life history and you're sending me your transcript to review. I have spotted alot of inconsistency in some people's transcript and I'd ask them "are you really going to school?",and they will deny it even when it's obvious the person is running away.
If you're denied, go and refire. Winners don't quit.
And to those picking up fights, don't think life ends after collecting your visa.
I've made alot of friends here and they're really nice guys. You never knew where you guys will meet later in the future.
Y'all should have a great day!

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 3:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
khulthum:
Pls any Nairalander in Buffalo Newyork....??

I would be moving to Buffalo, NY next year August. Need any info?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
rattlesnake:
i doubt this story how can u get admission with 132 GRE

GRE might just be formality for the program since he's going for MBA.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2016
dramaka:

Black soap not an issue, should scale through. Gurus have in the past addressed the form in which agbo should be in to be acceptable; I think (without any liquid, dried) in transparent ziploc bags should be fine.

Tree bark should be in gin/water, melon seeds should be ground not as seeds, no yam, no steak etc. This is for Atlanta airport. In NY, everything that doesn't enter in Atlanta enters.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2016
Guitarlife:
Hello all, please is it compulsory to do WES evaluation when applying and if not how does one know which school require WES evaluation be done ?

Since our cgpa is over 5.0 will the school convert to 4.0 by themselves ?

Thanks.
Check your school requirements,if its not stated on the dept admission website, then its not required, and this question should have been directed to your graduate coordinator, we cant know more than them. You need to learn how to email your graduate Coordinator often if you encounter any problem or have any inquiry about the application, that was what contributed to me getting assistantship. Develop a rapport and you can only do that if you keep popping up in his email asking reasonable and intelligent question.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chapecoense(m): 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
iCool:
Link to Part10 visa interview transcripts. 1st and 2nd Batches (Pages 1 - 200 covered).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vv0a0sfgaysztiq/AADbiS4UG7q57b0qcFPjaPkna?dl=0
nice one bros..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
Chapecoense:
nice one bros..
wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
olukoredejay:
Good day house, please I am in need of a soft copy of GRE and Tofoel materials. Whoever has one at his / her disposal should please assist me with it. My email address is olukoredej@yahoo.com
Thank you all.
Lool..You people always make me laugh. How hard is it to just read few pages backwards? This can not be over emphasized, some of us here today read this thread like an addict. Without reading this thread a day, our day is not complete. Nobody can give you a better coincised summary of this thread than what you will read yourself. Anywaz just because i am less busy, find the links below. I know someone will still come again to ask for gre and toefl materials some weeks from now.If you cant do small research now then how do you intend to do research when you get here? Here, you will be in front of computer for like 6hrs finding some paper or something..at the end of the 6hrs you will make little or no progress..

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0 GRE

In the link above, you will find more than enough materials there but it will be waste of time if you use all, head to this gre thread and read the thread to now how best to use the materials. If you cant read that thread, then i am sorry..you need to re-evaluate your decision for graduates study.

For TOEFL, all you need are the speaking noteful videos, the ets toefl guide is enough to ace the exam for other sections. Just download the Toefl ETS Guide from there website and the simulation test.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0 TOEFL

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by akins2016: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
imperiouxx:

I remember you now Akin.

@eniolagharxe, lot of people that missed their flights or have a long stopover do sleep in airports with no problems with anyone. Since you will be connecting the next day, you will stand a great chance of missing your flight if you leave, just like akin experienced. Also if you're staying in NY and have to go back to Newark, NJ, then you're ready to pay a high price just to miss the flight. You have to pay lot of money to get yourself to the airport and the cab may come to you late or run into traffic on your way back to the airport....... I don't think leaving is a good idea.
Thank God you remember me. Lol you helped me call the hotel management that time for booking thanks again bro. He should just try to stay warm because it might be cold.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Monalisa185(f): 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
DeeTus:
It's okay. Vocabs, English phrases, Maths topics did not change. The only change is the module of the test.

Check out this below and get used to the new one.

www.cracksat.net

Take look at the new style of the test only and download all. I may give you more later.

ohhhh myyy! Thanks again Dee! Right on this...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
hey peeps,
is there anyone in northeastern university boston? or anyone in boston at all ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 5:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
For those going for interview, don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of WINNING. Go bring that damn VISA!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 5:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
For those that have been denied before, don't worry about failure Worry about the chances to win you miss when you don't try again. I hope this motivates someone that's giving up.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
slimmy2005:
They don't know how much we are pained when you land Morocco and can't seize to admire the wonderful edifice. Even Addis Ababa Bole International airport is dope. Despite the oil boom, we are still suffering. We have enslaved ourselves. We now wait for our governors to come give us food on Christmas day and you say that place is not a hell hole. It has held most of our bright youth captive and relegated them to MMM and Nairabet.

A friend who would fly down to NY tomorrow, ABU 2.1 graduate of Sociology almost got rotten due the poor state of the country. I am sure he would not regret selling all his property to squat with his girlfriend in order to achieve this feat.
This is a better post baba, you explained it better here. And the crazy leaders will come on TV to tell us not to travel out and that there's no place like home, yet they run out of the country at every opportunity. Na God go punish all of them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by hardeorlah: 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hi everyone. please those that have done or planning to do an internship. What strategy or job site can I use to land a position for summer.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 5:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
believerspraise:
Someone once described education as "the circumcision of the mind". I don't claim to be an Erudite- neither was I born of nobility that makes me better than anyone here - but as I read through these posts it is difficult to differentiate those already studying overseas from those still aspiring to that feat unless explicitly stated. I don't say this to spite anyone and I hope no offenses taken but is the experience of superior learning and orientation not supposed to have a concurrent effect on our thinking, perspectives and idiosyncrasies as well?
If not, then we are not learning from our mistakes; heaping accolades and pioneering scholarships and yet unchanged. Yet deficient and poor in mind.
It is my sincere hope that as the appendages and accolades against our names increase, that we would have acquired something surpassing a mere education from the experience of a graduate education. Goodluck to everyone. Bless
Related to Hon. Patrick?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mekan(m): 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2016
Hello house...
Please, i need someone to review what i am travelling with please.. if it would be accepted or not...
- Annointing oil
- Honey
- Bathing soap
- Garri
- Agbo jedi (tree bark)
- Cray fish.

I would really appreciate prompt responses.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
mekan:
Hello house...
Please, i need someone to review what i am travelling with please.. if it would be accepted or not...
- Annointing oil
- Honey
- Bathing soap
- Garri
- Agbo jedi (tree bark)
- Cray fish.

Thanks.
Lmao. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iekene(m): 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
Please anyone here who can help me pay for TOEFL and GRE should pls indicate... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mekan(m): 9:06pm On Dec 30, 2016
Help me review something... na laugh you dey laugh.. God is watching you sha
DeeTus:
Lmao. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 9:07pm On Dec 30, 2016
iyobs7:
Just did a WES evaluation of my result and got this with the free version, does any school accept this GPA for admission? 2.75/4
Depends on the course and school. Which course are you going for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
I had garri, soap and cray fish among the stuff you listed
and had no issue.
The other items do not look contrabands either. Just put it in yout check-in luggage. Safe trip!
mekan:
Hello house...
- Annointing oil
- Honey
- Bathing soap
- Garri
- Agbo jedi (tree bark)
- Cray fish.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 9:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
mekan:
Hello house...
- Annointing oil
- Honey
- Bathing soap
- Garri
- Agbo jedi (tree bark)
- Cray fish.

Thanks.
You're good. You might want to add some other stuff like Paracetamol, antibiotics and Anti-malaria just in case you still have some in your system.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2016
texrem:
I tire with the way people just dey come here dey blow Grammer like say we so sabi englishi... I go turn Patrick for anybody wey kon blow Grammer again. You guys should try and maintain a sofoboboristical coolestic environment. Happy new year in advance!
Egbon, Kilode na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.