Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670766 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 31, 2016
skitkid2:
I read from page 1 to almost 200.
It was few info, then covered by irrelevant conversations.

This thread is meant to make getting a visa easy.

Why should I read from chapter1 to 5 to find the compiled interview transcript link when some of us know the exact place it is and can easily help me get it.

Its good to read, I have read numerous threads on travel section.

But telling me to read from 1 to 10 to find an info is not the reason for this thread(you can as well tell me to Google it).

I hope y'all understand my point,

Good morning
Hmm you might actually have a point though but then again, there is a search button where you can put in key words and narrow the search to travel section, if you do that, the pages you will be reading wont even be up to 50 pages.Just put words lie 'dropbox link', 'compiled transcript' , 'transcript' etc But if you have any specific question, you can come and ask. Nobody knows where they are except it was that same person that posted it, then he/she can go to his/her post.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
femi321:
This your attitude wont get you anywhere, you think you wont need this thread's help again shey?? You never can tell,How hard is it to just move on? sigh

The way some folks just go about looking for people to quote baffles me sha o. How in heaven's sake does this relate to what you quoted?

I wont say anything sha...but you no try Femi!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
OGreene:
Uni of Minnesota

E be like say you be strong man. It's hard to get into that school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
spaceshipz:
Hello family. It's been a wonderful experience all through, and the year 's gonna end soon. I pray we all go into 2016 together.
Lemme me share my traveling experience here oo, sorry it came quite late but cold for North Dakota no be here oo.
On the 26 of December Bobo don wake up, anxious a bit, fast forward to 8pm on my way to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. Checked in and passed through customs by 9:30 for Lufthansa going to frankfurt by 11:10 pm. After a while they made an announcement that all lufthansa passengers should report to the flight desk. We went there and was told that our flight has been canceled because of bad weather in port harcourt where the plane was made to drop some passengers and come pick us. Well it didn't drop the passengers because it can't land, so it back with dem. Lufthansa then to us to Bolten white hotel in abuja and we spent the night there. Tomoro by 11 we reported back to the airport and after everything we left Nigeria by 3pm. Nigeria to Frankfurt na 6 hours journey.we got to frankfurt by 9pm, our interlining flight to chicago has left, they arranged another one leaving by 1pm tomoro. So some of us didn't have SCHEGEN visa and we were made to sleep at the airport where lufthansa gave us sandwich and some drinks. By 7am tomoro, I off with some guys going to USA to look for our gate. Omo Satan go reject OBJ,JONA,BUHARI and all the rest soul,infact nigeria's leaders should have their own hell separate because dem fit over throw Satan because of their greediness. Come see airport for frankfurt. Chaii I remove cap for Germany oo. We went looking for our gate and located it by 9:30. Airport big gan. Well we didn't leave there as we chatted and compared Africa with the world. Fast forward to 1pm we boarded the flight and left. Naive me thinking it was like a two or three hour journey got the shock of my life when the captain announced it was a nine hour journey. They served us food and drinks and yoghurt, trust aba boy like me naa, I ate and drank everything offered by the aircraft. The journey went well and we in chicago by 3:40 central American time. Omo na so I proceed to POE and then the man after questioning me ask me to go stand on one black line that an officer is coming, (for hia ehhh I nearly fainted, I tot my American dream don cut short, I was like witches of Arondizuogu has kill me). Any ways the guy came and collected my passport,i-20, visa come carry me go for one place wey people plenty sit down. After like 30 minutes my name was called and one officer interviewed me.( For the customs thing dem give me to fill,i write address brother's residence cos I no know em address for fargo) . He stamped my passport after questioning me and told me all set to go bro. He actually hi-fived me. Then I collected my passport and went to terminal two for my flight to Fargo. It was was smooth from there.
Have y'all to thank.

PS:what does standing on the black line signify, I am still scared sef,. Please tell me the meaning.
Peace out. But ND cold ooo.

Hehehe, congratulations once again brov. Go and do great exploits grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
spaceshipz:
Hello family. It's been a wonderful experience all through, and the year 's gonna end soon. I pray we all go into 2016 together.
Lemme me share my traveling experience here oo, sorry it came quite late but cold for North Dakota no be here oo.
On the 26 of December Bobo don wake up, anxious a bit, fast forward to 8pm on my way to Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja. Checked in and passed through customs by 9:30 for Lufthansa going to frankfurt by 11:10 pm. After a while they made an announcement that all lufthansa passengers should report to the flight desk. We went there and was told that our flight has been canceled because of bad weather in port harcourt where the plane was made to drop some passengers and come pick us. Well it didn't drop the passengers because it can't land, so it back with dem. Lufthansa then to us to Bolten white hotel in abuja and we spent the night there. Tomoro by 11 we reported back to the airport and after everything we left Nigeria by 3pm. Nigeria to Frankfurt na 6 hours journey.we got to frankfurt by 9pm, our interlining flight to chicago has left, they arranged another one leaving by 1pm tomoro. So some of us didn't have SCHEGEN visa and we were made to sleep at the airport where lufthansa gave us sandwich and some drinks. By 7am tomoro, I off with some guys going to USA to look for our gate. Omo Satan go reject OBJ,JONA,BUHARI and all the rest soul,infact nigeria's leaders should have their own hell separate because dem fit over throw Satan because of their greediness. Come see airport for frankfurt. Chaii I remove cap for Germany oo. We went looking for our gate and located it by 9:30. Airport big gan. Well we didn't leave there as we chatted and compared Africa with the world. Fast forward to 1pm we boarded the flight and left. Naive me thinking it was like a two or three hour journey got the shock of my life when the captain announced it was a nine hour journey. They served us food and drinks and yoghurt, trust aba boy like me naa, I ate and drank everything offered by the aircraft. The journey went well and we in chicago by 3:40 central American time. Omo na so I proceed to POE and then the man after questioning me ask me to go stand on one black line that an officer is coming, (for hia ehhh I nearly fainted, I tot my American dream don cut short, I was like witches of Arondizuogu has kill me). Any ways the guy came and collected my passport,i-20, visa come carry me go for one place wey people plenty sit down. After like 30 minutes my name was called and one officer interviewed me.( For the customs thing dem give me to fill,i write address brother's residence cos I no know em address for fargo) . He stamped my passport after questioning me and told me all set to go bro. He actually hi-fived me. Then I collected my passport and went to terminal two for my flight to Fargo. It was was smooth from there.
Have y'all to thank.

PS:what does standing on the black line signify, I am still scared sef,. Please tell me the meaning.
Peace out. But ND cold ooo.
Nice trip. Germany is one of Europe's best. They have pretty good wines but are expensive. Their transportation system is excellent. While Nigeria is caricature and a pit hole. The leaders are purely wicked and selfish.

Common food like rice is now being celebrated in Nigeria. The country has totally lost it. *SMH*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 5:26pm On Dec 31, 2016
Please who used Diamond bank visa card for online payment recently. I'd like to know what the exchange rate is like. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2016
DeeTus:
Nice trip. Germany is one of Europe's best. They have pretty good wines but are expensive. Their transportation system is excellent. While Nigeria is caricature and a pit hole. The leaders are purely wicked and selfish.

Common food like rice is now being celebrated in Nigeria. The country has totally lost it. *SMH*

grin grin grin the big boss, I wan die of laughter. Funny but true baba cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
Beelad:
Please who used Diamond bank visa card for online payment recently. I'd like to know what the exchange rate is like. Thanks
I think GTB is still the cheapest..322 or so. Starting from Tomorrow Diamond is deactivating international transactions on there naira cards

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2016
Thank God my brother...I am so happy for you.
Chiezzh:

Thank you alll for your suggestions ...I'm actually the one with the issue ! but it ended in praise! ..it showed REFUSED from the day I went for my interview ! I was worried but had confidence ...The caec site was not updated maybe due to the Christmas holidays ..Note!..Don't belive completely what the site status reads always,most times it takes a while to be updated .Thanks to all who cheered me up ....@walsprirng @deetus @ boss trex@slimmy 2005 @Venek and most especially my big bro from another mother ! Abbeyhart/CBNL 2014! You sighted bro !God bless you all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2016
femi321:
I think GTB is still the cheapest..322 or so. Starting from Tomorrow Diamond is deactivating international transactions on there naira cards
Thank you. I don't have debit card for my GTB acct. I tried UBA but it kept saying payment declined and the only available card now is Diamond. I'm actually trying to pay an application fee of $60
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
cecemat:

grin grin grin the big boss, I wan die of laughter. Funny but true baba cry
Hehehe but that's true. So many countries have left Nigeria behind. Nigeria by now ought to be competing with America, if not better than the US.

In my village, one of the corrupt politicians is sharing rice, telling the villagers to be happy. Why not build a factory with this stolen money and create job for them? Instead of turning these people to beggars.

Infact, sometimes, I see what is going on in Nigeria I feel so sad. So sad because things have gone totally upside down.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2016
Beelad:

Thank you. I don't have debit card for my GTB acct. I tried UBA but it kept saying payment declined and the only available card now is Diamond. I'm actually trying to pay an application fee of $60
Use Access Bank! @ 325. It works smooth bae wink.
Folks pls help oiy with other banks that work plus the rate. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
Beelad:

Its better you use the diamond now if you cant get someone to lend you there gtb card, starting from tomorrow diamond wont work any more. Your uba should work but maybe you have exceeded the monthly limit. Only gtb,access,uba and fcmb cards are working as of now. I actually have a gtb card i used last 3months ago, i would have said i will send the details to you but the problem is, i cant do online banking..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2016
electronic:

Use Access Bank! @ 325. It works smooth bro.
Folks pls help oiy with other banks that work plus the rate. wink
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2016
Today is my birthday. I am in good mood so i really want to help someone i do not know on this thread. I can help you pay your application fee free of charge if you have not paid. You can send a PM to me on CBNL2014.
Beelad:

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
abbeYhart:
Today is my birthday. I am in good mood so i really want to help someone i do not know on this thread. I can help you pay your application fee free of charge if you have not paid. You an send a PM to me on CBNL2014.
Thats kind of you..anywaz where is the jollof rice and chicken at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2016
Oya now. send your address...More than enough jollof rice and chicken! grin
femi321:
Thats kind of you..anywaz where is the jollof rice and chicken at?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2016
femi321:
Its better you use the diamond now if you cant get someone to lend you there gtb card, starting from tomorrow diamond wont work any more. Your uba should work but maybe you have exceeded the monthly limit. Only gtb,access,uba and fcmb cards are working as of now. I actually have a gtb card i used last 3months ago, i would have said i will send the details to you but the problem is, i cant do online banking..
Thank you very much. I tried another gtb card now but it says payment declined. I haven't even used the particular uba card for any transaction this month. Will keep looking for alternatives. Thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2016
abbeYhart:
Today is my birthday. I am in good mood so i really want to help someone i do not know on this thread. I can help you pay your application fee free of charge if you have not paid. You an send a PM to me on CBNL2014.
Waoh! This is no nice of you. Happy Birthday . Thanks so much. I can't seem to get a way to pm CBNL2014. Can i just pm you directly on this account?.God bless you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2016
Okay go ahead lets see if i can get access to that email account, if i dont, try cbnl2014 not CBNL2014.
Beelad:

Waoh! This is no nice of you. Happy Birthday . Thanks so much. I can't seem to get a way to pm CBNL2014. Can i just pm you directly on this account?.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 31, 2016
abbeYhart:
Okay go ahead lets see if i can get access to that email account, if i dont, try cbnl2014 not CBNL2014.

Happy Super Duper Birthday to you brov...
Thanks for helping a brovda smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 8:07pm On Dec 31, 2016
abbeYhart , thank you so much for helping out with the app fee. May God bless you continually. Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2016
Thank you Cecemat...Have a fabulous year 2017
cecemat:

Happy Super Duper Birthday to you brov...
Thanks for helping a brovda smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2016
jesusfriend1:
@USnobeparadise,I'm still in Nigeria.My school is in lower Manhattan.I don't mind anywhere close by till i get a place.Thank you.Please guys help me get this reply to USnobeparadise,i don't know how to do it.Thanks guys
Replied ur pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2016
K
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by USnobeparadise: 9:02pm On Dec 31, 2016
amanze15:
i understand mehn, but you get better places to work with better pay with your EAD card than off the book. but what do i know?!
It can still be found in off the book. I don't think that EAD is the best, considering your F status unless u are on OPT ( or you got green card). If not, u know u have limit to the number of hours u will work, and if you exceed, u will be in violation of ur status.But no limits in off-the -book. Their tax is like 50% of the total pay, especially if you don't have any depedents. Whatever your pay is, is in your pocket if you do it under the table.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2016
you are welcome!
Beelad:
abbeYhart , thank you so much for helping out with the app fee. May God bless you continually. Happy birthday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 12:24am On Jan 01, 2017
I ended the year with my post so let me also start the new year to wish those in Nigeria happy prosperous new year. And to those in the US...As we look forward to year 2017...God will grant us all our heart desires in year 2017

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 12:32am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year Family!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 12:47am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year my people! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by motifoluwasolami: 12:55am On Jan 01, 2017
happy new year fam

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year peepz...More blessings this year in Jesus name...2017 must obey.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.