Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (670963 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2017
Yeah I know right. You will never see that in NYC too but MN, ND and some Mid-west cities, that is possible
coobboy:

Wow that is very unrealistic in Dallas fr

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:28pm On Jan 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

With just $500/mo where I studied in NM, you will be fine. You don't even need up to this every month to survive.
You're right boss,I think I overestimated it. At times I make some random expenses though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
fredoricko:

Thanks Riddy for a well delineated response to the issues I raised. It goes a long way to allay my worries and fears.
Excluding tuition, $3000 should be enough to take care of expenses in the first semester before one starts getting stipends or earnings, right?

What city/town are you talking about?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
AboveGod:
Thanks dear, but I was thinking of working and studying there at the same time. Am in a tight corner right now. If possibly you can be of help,please help dear.

Who does that in medical school in US? You start a medical program, you forget about working till you finish your studies. Dont forget that medical school in Nigeria is very cheap compare to the one in US. So, I still don't know how you want to pull that through since the same finance was the reason you dropped out in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by casttlebarbz(m): 7:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
OluDare01:

grin we read alot of lies here everyday. Even some folks I helped during their visa interview still tell me they're in school whereas they're somewhere hustling.
Always say the truth bro,it goes a long way.
i dont get bro, i dont think i will be helping myself if i come on this platform to tell a lie , am done with my bsc here in Nigeria, dicussed with my mom about proceeding for masters but she made me understand that she cant inveat in this country anymore that there aint any guarantee of even geting a job with all d educational expenses that if i can find my out of the country for further studies that she will fund it , and the person she spoke with made her understand that msc will be more costlier to start woth compared to bsc , stating results verification, transcripts, exams ,school fees and all that, i didnt have any information regarding traveling out , that was y i came here to make my findings. i really appreciate your reply bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 7:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
oluphy:
oh just read that you are actually coming to kingsville. Just book greyhound from Houston to kingsville. Welcome. Am in kingsville too.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nellyalph: 8:17pm On Jan 02, 2017
AboveGod:
Hi dear, please I really need your help,any how you can connect me to anyone or organization. I dropped out of medical school due to financial challenge in my third year. Please I want to continue it in the US but I need assistance. I know you have the advantage of linking me up since you are already in the state.I have my transcript. Thanks,for everything. All the best.

Every student here in US needs financial backup. The things and list-to-do is never ending. I don't have anybody or organization that will help you and I don't have any advantage whatsoever because 'I am in the states'.

Best regards in your pursuit and its just too early in the year.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
sobastical:
grin grin grin

God go judge them finish

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
Mekurexx:
esi m Arondizuogu, obodo Ndindubuisi. Nne m si ndi aniche. Amaara m ndi aniche nke ọma. Whenever you travelled to villa, did you participate in the youth soccer tournament between ndi aniche, ndi akaeme, ndindubuisi villages, etc?? I played for two years... What school are you attending in ND?

Concordia college in moorhead,minnesota. But staying wif my bro in Fatgo,ND. It's close to the school,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by paboye: 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
casttlebarbz:
i dont get bro, i dont think i will be helping myself if i come on this platform to tell a lie , am done with my bsc here in Nigeria, dicussed with my mom about proceeding for masters but she made me understand that she cant inveat in this country anymore that there aint any guarantee of even geting a job with all d educational expenses that if i can find my out of the country for further studies that she will fund it , and the person she spoke with made her understand that msc will be more costlier to start woth compared to bsc , stating results verification, transcripts, exams ,school fees and all that, i didnt have any information regarding traveling out , that was y i came here to make my findings. i really appreciate your reply bro
why will you use what someone told your mum to make plans. the Internet is there to confirm certain things. even for undergraduate you still have to write SAT. Undergraduate or postgraduate , u.s education is never cheap for international students except you are loaded(even some of their citizens still carry the burden of debt after graduating), that's why we all pray for funding from the school.
I will advise you prepare for fall 2018 as funding is usually more in fall. it's quite late now as most schools priority deadline for funding is usually January 15th for international student and I doubt you can meet up.
since you got a 2.1 try and ace your exams and apply for fall 2018, that way you won't be much under pressure. think about it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by casttlebarbz(m): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
paboye:

why will you use what someone told your mum to make plans. the Internet is there to confirm certain things. even for undergraduate you still have to write SAT. Undergraduate or postgraduate , u.s education is never cheap for international students except you are loaded(even some of their citizens still carry the burden of debt after graduating), that's why we all pray for funding from the school.
I will advise you prepare for fall 2018 as funding is usually more in fall. it's quite late now as most schools priority deadline for funding is usually January 15th for international student and I doubt you can meet up.
since you got a 2.1 try and ace your exams and apply for fall 2018, that way you won't be much under pressure. think about it.
ok bro, thanks a bunch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by oluphy: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
casttlebarbz:
the person gave your mum a wrong information. Do research, google about things. Stop relying on what other people say. Take charge of your decisions. It's always better to do your research then ask questions when you get confused instead of waiting for people to give you the information

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2017
KELVIN086:

God bless you sir , 1 way ticket or 2 way ticket which one sure pass, I'm seeing 1 way for 700k and 2 way 1.3 million.

I guess your departure date is near and that's why you seeing that amount..

Lemme check if I could help with cheap one way but departure date is needed

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
casttlebarbz:
please house i intended moving to the states to study , i have completed my university education here in Nigeria and completed my NYSC, but i was advised to apply for undergraduate studies cos its cheaper and the stress is not that much , i dont mund actually but i just needed advise on what to do.
pls advice me on a university to apply for and also how to go about it.
my o'level result is 2007 and am 26yrs old, can i reverse my age when applying for d passort or i leave the age like that

thanks

The person that advised you no try at all..

With this profile you can apply for masters..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2017
paboye:

Maybe it was the Agent that told her mum that or someone else..

Everyone with his or her own choice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
Walspring:

Baba, what is the Lord saying about 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by casttlebarbz(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
oluphy:
the person gave your mum a wrong information. Do research, google about things. Stop relying on what other people say. Take charge of your decisions. It's always better to do your research then ask questions when you get confused instead of waiting for people to give you the information
i will, thanks a lot bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
Walspring:

I guess your departure date is near and that's why you seeing that amount..

Lemme check if I could help with cheap one way but departure date is needed
thanks I don book am already like that , the more I delay the more it goes up .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by casttlebarbz(m): 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
Walspring:

actually it was my mom that had contact with d person nd she said he had done it for one her friend at her working place, i dont really bother myself about the idea od traveling out for studies cos i know it costly , but when she talked to me about it i ddecided to visit this thread to make my findings...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 10:34pm On Jan 02, 2017
Guitarlife:
Bro. I sent you a message via your PM. Please respond . I need to discuss sometinz with you.
well you sleep too early grin
but hit me Tmrw from like 6pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 11:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
swtman:
God go judge them finish
Na so baba cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
OluDare01:

Baba, what is the Lord saying about 2017
Lool..You are a clown
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2017
casttlebarbz:
To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a) www.google.com b)www.gradschools.com c)www.msinus.com d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl, its good to do all this exam to at least have a chance at funding. 4) register for standardize exam and take it 5) Send your application and back it up with prayers. While checking schools, shortlist them according to cost of living in that city, opportunity for Funding,your research interest etc. funding depends on your GPA,LORS, SOP,GRE/TOEFL SCORE.This is just a summary of the initial process.I wont deceive you, the process is overwhelming but it take step by step. DONT GIVE YOUR LIFE/DESTINY TO AN AGENT PLEASE.From your research, if you have any specific questions, come back here to ask but read that graddecision website first. Going for a B.Sc again is a wrong choice when you have a chance of getting funded with M.sc if you have a good profile and you select the right schools. With about 2 weeks of intensive research with the websites above you should know where you are going. Just plan towards fall 2018, thats your best bet, Fall 2017 is late already and you might need to find something doing before now and Fall 2018, be it internship or voluntary work or actual job. Just do something.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by casttlebarbz(m): 11:47pm On Jan 02, 2017
femi321:
To save you some stress start from this website http://graddecision.org/, So step 1) Decide on the course you want to study 2) Search for schools using a) www.google.com b)www.gradschools.com c)www.msinus.com d) www.usnews.com e) www.4icu.org . 3) check up the website of the schools you find to see the requirements. most schools will require GRE and some will require both gre and toefl, its good to do all this exam to at least have a chance at funding. 4) register for standardize exam and take it 5) Send your application and back it up with prayers. While checking schools, shortlist them according to cost of living in that city, opportunity for Funding,your research interest etc. funding depends on your GPA,LORS, SOP,GRE/TOEFL SCORE.This is just a summary of the initial process.I wont deceive you, the process is overwhelming but it take step by step. DONT GIVE YOUR LIFE/DESTINY TO AN AGENT PLEASE.From your research, if you have any specific questions, come back here to ask but read that graddecision website first. Going for a B.Sc again is a wrong choice when you have a chance of getting funded with M.sc if you have a good profile and you select the right schools. With about 2 weeks of intensive research with the websites above you should know where you are going. Just plan towards fall 2018, thats your best bet, Fall 2017 is late already and you might need to find something doing before now and Fall 2018, be it internship or voluntary work or actual job. Just do something.
thank u so much ,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2017
femi321:
Lool..You are a clown
E go shock you if dollar enters 600
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 12:22am On Jan 03, 2017
OluDare01:

E go shock you if dollar enters 600

Baba abeg oo... grin grin embarassed embarassed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mekurexx: 12:57am On Jan 03, 2017
OK nice!. my cousin goes to msu moorhead and lives in Fargo. housing is cheaper there I heard
spaceshipz:

Concordia college in moorhead,minnesota. But staying wif my bro in Fatgo,ND. It's close to the school,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 03, 2017
Mekurexx:
OK nice!. my cousin goes to msu moorhead and lives in Fargo. housing is cheaper there I heard
Yep cheap. Living is cheap here not only housing. What's ya cuz name cos lots of msu students visit my bro, he goes there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by wealth360: 7:45am On Jan 03, 2017
Morning Great pipu. This year will be greater. IJN. Please anyone in Oakland University presently to confirm this message I got from a program coordinator in Industrial and System Engr dept.

Dear xxxxxxx
You will need to submit an official copy of your transcript to Oakland
University as well as submit an official transcript evaluation from WES or
a similar agency.  Note you do not send these to me, they must be submitted
with your application to Oakland University.

Regards,
Professor Vxxxxxxxx

How true is dis pls. Because WES evaluation is expensive in addition to school sending the official transcript again.

Please any advice ooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:03am On Jan 03, 2017
Its the reality sir, Did you send him a copy before?
The prof just wanna make things official and you going the route he has mentioned is just the norm and way others would do things
So just try get it done.

Shalom!
wealth360:
Morning Great pipu. This year will be greater. IJN. Please anyone in Oakland University presently to confirm this message I got from a program coordinator in Industrial and System Engr dept.

Dear xxxxxxx
You will need to submit an official copy of your transcript to Oakland
University as well as submit an official transcript evaluation from WES or
a similar agency.  Note you do not send these to me, they must be submitted

Regards,
Professor Vxxxxxxxx

How true is dis pls. Because WES evaluation is expensive in addition to school sending the official transcript again.

Please any advice ooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 9:22am On Jan 03, 2017
AboveGod:
Hi Sir/Ma,I dropped out of medical school in my third year due to financial constraint. But am planning on continuing it in the US. So,please how will it be? how do I go about it ?considering that am not financially equipped completely. Also,can I get any sponsor from individuals or organization? as reading medicine has been my dream but my financial challenge is really handicapping me. I have my transcript. Thanks, for everything.

Not impossible but extremely difficult to study medicine in the US as a non-citizen/permanent resident. Most good medical programs will not even consider your application (a tiny minority may consider you, as long as you have the money to pay). Also where will you get the funding? You won't be able to get a loan as a foreign student.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2017
wealth360:

Dear xxxxxxx
You will need to submit an official copy of your transcript as well as submit an official transcript evaluation from WES or
a similar agency. 

Note you do not send these to me, they must be submitted

Regards,
Professor Vxxxxxxxx

Please any advice ooooo.

I am applying for the same program.

I am yet to see any school asking for a WES evaluation for Industrial and Systems Engrg. One categorically stated they do not need external evaluations, you pay them $30 to evaluate instead.

Look into other schools, I considered about 10 schools, working on 6 but still depends on availability of funds. Might add 1 more if much money comes my way.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (405)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.