Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675791 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 9:40am On Aug 31, 2016
smithsydny:
chaai. cheesy cheesy cheesy amelikan man send dollars oo. grin grin grin

Lol... This man, don't let us derail this thread na biko
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2016
sobastical:

Lol... This man, don't let us derail this thread na biko
lol.. nahhh

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almajiri101: 10:16am On Aug 31, 2016
Good morning house, please am planning to apply for intensive English program ( IEP ) in california state university, please what is my chances of securing a visa with this program because some of these consulars can be so strict when it comes courses and schools reputation ?
Thanks and i look forwatd to hearing from your swift response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 11:34am On Aug 31, 2016
almajiri101:
Good morning house, please am planning to apply for intensive English program ( IEP ) in california state university, please what is my chances of securing a visa with this program because some of these consulars can be so strict when it comes courses and schools reputation ?

You want to come from a country where everybody tells the visa officer that their first language is English.
To enter USA to study English?

I think you have very low chance of getting a visa.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by WESTERNCR: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2016

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almajiri101: 12:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
worry359:

You want to come from a country where everybody tells the visa officer that their first language is English.
To enter USA to study English?

I think you have very low chance of getting a visa.

Thanks for your time, our first language can't be English what happened to our mother tongue ? am a graduate of English and a teacher. I would have loved to apply for masters degree or even PGD but putting the tuition fees into consideration, that's why i prefer to apply for the IEP then at the completion of the program, i can now go further.

Being a graduate and teacher of English and also putting for English language program, don't you think my chances of getting a visa may be high ? Please i really need you to put me through. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ngobaby2264: 12:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
Anyone studying nursing in USA or Canada?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
almajiri101:

Thanks for your time, our first language can't be English what happened to our mother tongue ? am a graduate of English and a teacher. I would have loved to apply for masters degree or even PGD but putting the tuition fees into consideration, that's why i prefer to apply for the IEP then at the completion of the program, i can now go further.

Being a graduate and teacher of English and also putting for English language program, don't you think my chances of getting a visa may be high ? Please i really need you to put me through. Thanks

I dont think you understand what the Intensive English Program is ....... It is a program for non native speakers of English to improve their english , teaching them from basic english so As Worry359 mentioned Nigeria is an English speaking country and then you have mentioned that you are a graduate of English and a teacher ,,,meaning this course is not applicable to you as your english is more advance for the level taught in IEP ........ No , it will not give you a high chance at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
almajiri101:

As a graduate and teacher then nothing less than a PhD is going to get you a visa.
Applying for a lower grade than you already posses is going to make the visa officer suspicious of your intentions.

Sorry but that is the way they will see it.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almajiri101: 1:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
worry359:

As a graduate and teacher then nothing less than a PhD is going to get you a visa.
Applying for a lower grade than you already posses is going to make the visa officer suspicious of your intentions.

Sorry but that is the way they will see it.

Thanks ... Really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Flosslive:
Congrats bro

Thank man#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 2:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
mrjojo:
happy for you bros @masquellett

Than brova
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 2:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
femi321:
Congratulations brother. God is too good

Thanks brova, yea oo. Too Good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almajiri101: 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
LagosismyHome:

I dont think you understand what the Intensive English Program is ....... It is a program for non native speakers of English to improve their english , teaching them from basic english so As Worry359 mentioned Nigeria is an English speaking country and then you have mentioned that you are a graduate of English and a teacher ,,,meaning this course is not applicable to you as your english is more advance for the level taught in IEP ........ No , it will not give you a high chance at all.

Try to be nice and soft when answering people's question, if i don't understand what the IEP means, i can't be here seeking for advice. Thanks for the head up tho'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by masquellett(m): 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
WESTERNCR:
Pls what school in new jersey are you. My bro is going to NJ next week

Kean brov#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
titobaba91:
Can anyone help with GRE registration?...I don't just get what the page is saying.....this is my number +234,,, thanks in advance

The site was under maintenance between Saturday and Monday, it came online Monday night and has been behaving funny since then.

Give it some time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by titobaba91(m): 2:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
iCool:

The site was under maintenance between Saturday and Monday, it came online Monday night and has been behaving funny since then.

Give it some time.
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Bobority: 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
Good morning and good afternoon... please o gurus n non gurus I need help... who has heard of access codes used for online courses and half online courses (If I'm allowed to say this) this code is to enable you log in online to courses one is taking for assignments, exams or tests and emails sent by ur instructor. this code comes with textbooks or u can buy it online, but my pple d thing expensive..... who has any idea where I can buy it for a lesser price... I had few days trial dats why I am able to login for a few days if i don't get d code I won't b able to log in again.... Pls HELP... Thank u all.... America has been great so far, U gas smile even if ure angry lol... but bring money wen coming o na beg I dey beg cos e no easy... Pls my request is urgent biko......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almajiri101: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
DeeTus:

Go ahead and apply and when you get to interview stage, just PM me, i will give you a lot of points that will make any VO to grant you visa so easily.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MrRoYCe(m): 3:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
osahons9:

I don't school there but i applied to it. The school is pretty expensive so if you have the money, Good and ride on. It's a good school. I attend UT Arlington though.

Bro, I just transferred to UT Arlington this Fall and I go like discuss some things with you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by hybeenoni: 4:27pm On Aug 31, 2016
Heloo everyone

I have a troubling question for sm1 to assist me with an answer.

1. As a prospective MASTERS student at a US university, should I secure a GA position will the embassy still request for proof of funding from me?

2. Supposing I secured admission with intent to self fund my study, how much is the minimum from your experience that I need to have in my sponsor's account? Do u think $10,000 is enough as a minimum balance?

I will appreciate your kind response.

Cc: LagosIsMyHome & The gurus in the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
hybeenoni:
Heloo everyone

I have a troubling question for sm1 to assist me with an answer.
1. As a prospective MASTERS student at a US university, should I secure a GA position will the embassy still request for proof of funding from me?
2. Supposing I secured admission with intent to self fund my study, how much is the minimum from your experience that I need to have in my sponsor's account? Do u think $10,000 is enough as a minimum balance?
I will appreciate your kind response.
Cc: LagosIsMyHome & The gurus in the house

GA is great and i hope you get it as it helps a lot financially ........... to answer your question
1. on your i20 it usually specify how much you need for 9 months worth including tuition . If you have GA , it will be stated there and then less the tuition fee . Also GA also comes with oncampus Job so technically if you have GA then dont trouble yourself much with this at all . Except if it is half GA. ........

Also if anyone is asking you for proof of funding it is the School before they issue you the i20 and not the embassy . They hardly check bank statement as this is my direct quote from Nairaland. I have seen the VO write here that they dont require it (or maybe i misread )

2. This again , is more of the school and not the embassy ... The school after deducting the GA amount will let you know how much balance to shown on the sponsor bank statement before the i20 is issued . ....... $10,000 i cannot say for sure depending on the cost of living in that state but usually the school should let you know how much you need to show
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
almajiri101:

Is this not a patch up course for those that already got admission for some other courses, mostly people from non English speaking countries? If this is the case, I can assure you you would be bounced at the interview in no time. Forget about the "internsive" it carries, the course goes not beyond any preparatory level.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 5:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
almajiri101:

Since you have all this profile, just apply for a better course in English language. What you're considering is mostly for non English speakers. Schools do suggest it as a patch up course for international students who are really struggling or can't prove proficiency in English language.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by imperiouxx(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
almajiri101:

Thanks bro. Please here is my email address lawalolalekan83@gmail.com . I will be glad if you drop me the tips here. Thanks and God bless.

Sorry to see that you didn't catch his gesture in what he wrote.

What he wrote is called Cele n tan e......

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
daaz001:

Didn't get it...Can you please reply, I just sent you a PM.
Thanks Bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by almajiri101: 5:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
imperiouxx:

Lol ... Thanks man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
almajiri101:

Try to be nice and soft when answering people's question, if i don't understand what the IEP means, i can't be here seeking for advice. Thanks for the head up tho'

noted....... apologies if it was not soft

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fmsuhgar: 6:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
titobaba91:
Can anyone help with GRE registration?...I don't just get what the page is saying.....this is my number +2349051472841 thanks in advance

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
imperiouxx:

What's cele n tan e...? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.