Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (674170 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 8:06am On Sep 15, 2016
Gunther6 please am interested in the GRE. Just saw the message. God bless you as you add me to the list
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2016
texrem:

replied..
@texrem, I have pm u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 8:24am On Sep 15, 2016
Skmoney:
Hello guys... Thanks for you great works.... I am a huge fan......

Pls I wanna ask that if a state government is offering me a scholarship to study at the USA... Am I going to appear at the embassy for interview again cos all they want me to drop was just my documents and passports... #lobatan

@Walspring and Gurus in the house.... Pls come to my aid

U still have to appear dere even if na federal government.... Lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:42am On Sep 15, 2016
Teekay2408:
guys pls help me o, I saw some sites registering GRE for 60k Nd i have already open an account with iETS if I pay $205 which will be more than 60k pls advice me should I register it personally or visit these centre cause it's cheaper pls enlighten me thanks

Gunther6 if space still dey abeg i dey solicit for Teekay. Thanks as you bless others so God will bless you times 10 ...Kudos

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by obasiete: 8:47am On Sep 15, 2016
Help house. Please what is the purpose of using WES to evaluate documents ? Do I really need it for my admissions? I am going for an undergraduate course. I have already sent my documents to Arkansas uni. I was asked to bring a scratcard for result verification. Please do I still need WES to evaluate my docs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 8:51am On Sep 15, 2016
@gunther6 !
Thanks for helping guys out here! you are blessed MAN..
And for all them guys and ladies doing the same or planning on doing same, Thanks a million. Appreciate you guys alot.
Na so so advice full my email from peeps....
Team FALL 2017

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 8:54am On Sep 15, 2016
obasiete:
Help house. Please what is the purpose of using WES to evaluate documents ? Do I really need it for my admissions? I am going for an undergraduate course. I have already sent my documents to Arkansas uni. I was asked to bring a scratcard for result verification. Please do I still need WES to evaluate my docs?
From my small experience you don't need WES just send the scratch card. Except the school requested for it specifically.WES is mostly for graduate courses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Skmoney: 9:05am On Sep 15, 2016
OluDare01:

You will still go for the interview when the time comes.
Maybe they need your documents for verification and application to schools

Sbebi it's just for verification alone... Does it have an edge over us going to just apply on our own
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Skmoney: 9:09am On Sep 15, 2016
But plz house I wanto know the chances of getting the visa through a state scholarship scheme than applying on our own..... I have a link that can do that for me easy-peazy.... And I thought they will help to get the visa themselves and then just call you for just verification.....

Am I right house or what do you guys think
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:11am On Sep 15, 2016
Skmoney:

Sbebi it's just for verification alone... Does it have an edge over us going to just apply on our own
Have you gained admission already?
The scholarship Is a plus, all you need to do is to convince the VO.
Read previous pages of this thread maybe part 9, there are visa transcripts there. You should be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2016
Skmoney:
But plz house I wanto know the chances of getting the visa through a state scholarship scheme than applying on our own..... I have a link that can do that for me easy-peazy.... And I thought they will help to get the visa themselves and then just call you for just verification.....

This is the US.
You must attend a Visa interview.
Nobody will help you get visa.
You'll go get it yourself

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 9:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Skmoney:

I believe that you are thinking incorrectly.

You must still apply for the visa yourself.
Scholarship is good, but YOU must convince the VO that you will return home afterwards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Skmoney: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2016
OluDare01:

Have you gained admission already?
The scholarship Is a plus, all you need to do is to convince the VO.
Read previous pages of this thread maybe part 9, there are visa transcripts there. You should be fine.

I just wanna start applying for spring 2017(January 2017)....i just wanted to confirm that from you guys before applying first.....
What's your take sire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:27am On Sep 15, 2016
Skmoney:

Hummmm so in this Buhari economy a state is still giving out scholarships. Lucky you oooo

However your interview will be the same with or without scholarship. You would appear and defend why u should be given the visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by obasiete: 9:33am On Sep 15, 2016
electronic:

From my small experience you don't need WES just send the scratch card. Except the school requested for it specifically.WES is mostly for graduate courses.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lekkyg: 9:38am On Sep 15, 2016
Pls I want to apply for spring 2017 for my masters in the US.. But I don't have anymore to sir for TOEFL or SAT... Pls guys how do I get name of universities that doesnt require TOEFL or sat..... And can I still make spring 2017 admission pls

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 11:21am On Sep 15, 2016
adup:

@texrem, I have pm u

I didn't get it..resend n let me know u are the one..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 11:33am On Sep 15, 2016
Skmoney:

The fact there is that u will appear at the embassy if u re coming for education oo..they will talk to u one on one to decide ur visa fate..Government sponsoring u does not stop yankee from denying anybody. However, it does back ones standing as genuine student with sponsorship not some that are F****** stra**** here...claiming no money...anyways, prepare for interview as plan B... we that are here will prepare the ground as much as possible to make sure u guys that are coming have a good stay here by not giving them bad impression about us..Learn from dis forum to raise ur OT to yankee standard before making the move. undecided undecided undecided

NB: what works for taiye might definitely not work for kehinde...what works for me might not work for you..above all, when God got ur back, u re good to go

I think i am gonna shed more light on my experience without fundin, also tell oludare1 to drop something too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by plauses: 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
Good people, it's been quite hectic so I've not been here so often. From the End of September I might be able to register GRE for some intending candidates At discounted rates. Just 2 or 3 only.
My guy @gunther6 is keeping it real here. I thought I could as well help out. Kudos brother!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
OluDare01:

You will still go for the interview when the time comes.
Maybe they need your documents for verification and application to schools

Longest my great guy..... I sight you
My new I-20 is ready for collection. Thanks for dat encouragement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by plauses: 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
The Progessors in the house, pls how do you send money to Naija when you want to send money back? Pls don't tell me western Union!!! Are there Any trusted names that have good rates?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
plauses:
The Progessors in the house, pls how do you send money to Naija when you want to send money back? Pls don't tell me western Union!!! Are there Any trusted names that have good rates?

I am yet to see good rates...maybe someone can show me where i can get the parallel market exchange rate from here..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adeyinka09: 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Gud day house. After thorough web search and advice, I came up with the following universities that match my academic goal and funding opportunity. I want the gurus in the house help me to rank these universities in terms of cost of living in the particular city they are located and funding opportunity. Course: msc, food science
1.university of Madison Wisconsin
2. Nebraska Lincoln university
3.south Illinois University
4.Michigan State University
NB:All standardized test will be written very soon
Thanks...
Cc
LagosismyHome
OluDare01
worry359
Walspring
Gunther6
texrem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
@ plauses and Gunther6 am following the two of you bumper to bumper concerning GRE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iamtomi(f): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2016
Walspring, pls i just sent u a pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2016
adeyinka09:
Gud day house. After thorough web search and advice, I came up with the following universities that match my academic goal and funding opportunity. I want the gurus in the house help me to rank these universities in terms of cost of living in the particular city they are located and funding opportunity. Course: msc, food science
1.university of Madison Wisconsin
2. Nebraska Lincoln university
3.south Illinois University
4.Michigan State University
NB:All standardized test will be written very soon
Thanks...
Cc
LagosismyHome
OluDare01
worry359
Walspring
Gunther6
texrem

I wont be able to comment on funding because none of us here will have access to department budget so only a current student in that depart might be able to give u some insights..... school 1 and 4 i know off are normal standard school

If not for the Buhari exchange rate that is not smiling, the best would have been if these are ur target school to apply to at least 3 and see who gives u the best funding package. ... maybe the others can be off more help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 1:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
obasiete:

Please just do ask they requested, don't complicate issue by telling them what they didn't ask. Success all the way bruh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
warriboy21:

i tell u bro....2 fire truck ...2 ambulance and 5 police cars 9 always de show my apartment evrytime ....ontop my egusi head o undecided

i even stopped cooking it for a while sef,,mtchew sad

and wen u hear the siren de com en.. wow wow wow wow wow wow .....u go blike fugitive wen him visa don expire wen den wan deport cheesy...all na ontop my poor egusi wen i de fry with oil o... angry.

they have shown me how to deactivate it now though cool

i suffer for america cheesy

Don't forget to reactivate it though, it can be a life saver.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 2:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
borie4u:
@Gunther6
How far? U don dey enjoy Obamaland con forget your fellow awoite for Here. Anyway whatsup with the GRE/Toefl voucher thingy. Let me know if there is any freewill on it.
I dey see ur tail light. Enjoy bro!

@ GboyegaD
Hope ur Good? Longtime i'd say

I am, thanks for asking. How about you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by oluwafemikolade(m): 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2016
dickoflife:
leave am. Make i go rob see d money abi.
Can you please give the site for Auction vehicles in the US?
THANK YOU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
plauses:
Good people, it's been quite hectic so I've not been here so often. From the End of September I might be able to register GRE for some intending candidates At discounted rates. Just 2 or 3 only.
My guy @gunther6 is keeping it real here. I thought I could as well help out. Kudos brother!!
Correct Bro We see Your hand Work Team Fall 2017 is blessed.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hey guys, I have a friend that wants to send $100 to his Brother in Nigeria and he wanted to use western union but I was like he can get someone in Nigeria who needs to pay app fee etc, and I know the exchange rate in Nigeria is not smiling expecially for aspiring graduate students. So if you need the $100 within today and Saturday. send me a DM,lets talk.. rate will be lesser than GTB's 385.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.